Thread: Tony Ferguson and Khabib Nurmagomedov

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tony Ferguson and Khabib Nurmagomedov

Khabib Nurmagomedov and Tony Ferguson have a fight date for a fourth time (UFC223 April 7).

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Conor McGregor

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't type either. Khabib will beat both easily though.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

October 6.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

• UFC 229

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Conor McGregor - LSE.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Khabib - maybe SLE

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UFC 229 Press Conference

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khcs View Post
    Khabib Nurmagomedov and Tony Ferguson have a fight date for a fourth time (UFC223 April 7).
    My typings:

Khabib Numagomedov: SLI Sp/So. (I'm guessing Te subtype)
    Tony Ferguson: ESE-Si Sx/So.
    Conor McGregor: SEI Sx/So. (I'm guessing Fe subtype)

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh @Jarno, I'm glad to see you still posting.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Conor McGregor - LSI (-Se so/sx 6w7)

Khabib Numagomedov - SLI (agreed on the Te-subtype here, so/sx)

Tony Ferguson - ESE (9w8 so/sx) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tVaf6YlFzk

McGregor is showing some typical body language of Ij temperament. Restricted gestures aimed at demonstrating bunches of self-control.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOgao7UNw3E

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...identification

And Khabib's body language is a kind of rolling ball of formlessness.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LeaderLightChange View Post
    Khabib - Alpha introvert, 9w1, so/sx
    Connor - Gamma NT, 6w7, sp/sx or so/sx
    Ferguson - difficult to type, probably e9
    11w3, sx/so/py, e27/t34 is possible.
    Last edited by khcs; 03-08-2019 at 02:51 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UFC 242 - September 7.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khcs View Post
    Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Conor McGregor

both are SLE

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ferguson and McGregor are LIE

Khabib is beta irrational - probably LSI-Ti

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dustin Poirier - LSI

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not trying to be rude, but these SEI, SLI, ILE, LIE typings for fighters really make me shake my head.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soundofconfusion View Post
    not trying to be rude, but these SEI, SLI, ILE, LIE typings for fighters really make me shake my head.
    Remember we're typing the person itself, you could try ignoring the fighting component and just type them based on interviews.
    Any type can have exquisite fighting skills, for some it may take longer, for others it may take a different route

One way in looking at it is that different fighters may have different styles, that could be one indicator. So they're most likely going to differ in variety when it comes to their type.

Just try watching fighter interviews though to really get a different perspective on who they are, what their thought process is, why they do the things they do, etc.

I hope that helps

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do this all the time. I spend at least 1-2 hours reading about a person, watching interviews etc. before I come to a conclusion. I understand that socionics is a subjective typology, but SEI and SLI seem so absurd for conor and khabib, that it feels like the person making these typings doesn't read any type decriptions at all, or doesn't understand model a. you've typed Ruiz as EII in another thread. why do you think that a type with Se as vulnerable function could be a heavyweight champion? seems so odd.
    Last edited by on a peaceful hiatus; 06-12-2019 at 09:34 AM.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GammavsBeta View Post
    It's definitely possible for Se vulnerable to be heavyweight champion...
    Does having weak make someone incapable of doing physical work?
    I mean I've 1D and I learned using tools... including chopping wood with an axe / hatchet.
    Last edited by WinnieW; 06-11-2019 at 08:53 PM.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It could potentially take weak Se longer to master physical work but not in all cases I believe
    I tend to say it seems to be more demanding for me to learn physical skills... e.g. it took me longer to learn handwriting, compared to other kids at school.
    But I derailed this thread.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there's a difference between learning to do physical work and becoming world champion in heavyweight boxing. I do weightlifting and have Se as vulnerable function like EII and I can assure you that it's very, very difficult to focus on reality. I can't even imagine a peaceful and internally vulnerable EII punching others to win a prestigious title in boxing (you know, something that Se valuing types care for). one of my friends is an EII with a dominant subtype and even he can't hurt a fly, he mostly does yoga.

I understand why it seems odd to you but anything is possible and when it's possible, it's not really so odd.
    I don't like this argument, because it means that we can just ignore functions and model a and everyone can be anything. the absolute majority of professional fighters are ESI, SEE, SLE and LSI.

I can even show you a video of an ILE fighter, his name is chase hooper.

https://youtu.be/IigWphaMX64

in the video, he fights against an ESI and interestingly he wins, but it's clearly visible that he takes a lot of punches because of his weak Se and only wins because of his unorthodox fighting style. many Se types in the comment section mention this

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem with low D is more the lack of quick adaption then using force at all.
    Weightlifting is quite predictable, unlike fighting sports where you have to adjust your body movements interactive, most of the time.

btw. does lifting large chucks of fire wood on a trailer count as weight lifting?
    (Pieces of 20 to 30 kg each.)

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    The problem with low D is more the lack of quick adaption then using force at all.
    Weightlifting is quite predictable, unlike fighting sports where you have to adjust your body movements interactive, most of the time.
    you need to focus on reality when you train, something that is very difficult for Ne valuing types

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UFC 249 on April 18 2020.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not sure if Khabib is SLE or SLI

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kernel View Post
    I am not sure if Khabib is SLE or SLI
    SLE

https://twitter.com/TeamKhabib/statu...11236114354176

=

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Representing your people with honor and dying like a Samurai sounds more like LSI to me tbh. But yes, rather SLE than SLI.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've only seen them fight but honestly the UFC conference video looks so staged how can people actually enjoy this lol Anyways Khabib is LSI, Connor is likely SEE

dewusional entitwed snowfwake VewyScawwyNawcissist's Avatar
    TIM
    NF 6w5-4w5-1w9 VLEF
    Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i saw him typed ISFJ. he does look more gentle yet harsh and immovable. its not the same piercing look Se egos have. he may be SEI. he gives me really bad vibes. he's strongly religious and never gives up - this can be a very cruel controlling person

or maybe im just stuck typing some LSIs as SEIs
    https://linktr.ee/tehhnicus
    Jesus is King stops black magic and closes portals

self diagnosed ASD, ADHD, schizotypal/affective

Your face makes your brain and sociotype – how muscle use shapes personality

I want to care
    if I was better I’d help you
    if I was better you’d be better

Human Design 2/4 projector life path 1

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VewyScawwyNawcissist View Post
    i saw him typed ISFJ. he does look more gentle yet harsh and immovable. its not the same piercing look Se egos have. he may be SEI. he gives me really bad vibes. he's strongly religious and never gives up - this can be a very cruel controlling person

or maybe im just stuck typing some LSIs as SEIs
    If it's a choice between 2 types then it's between LSI and SLE for him and SLE is the most likely type. Discipline is paramount to the type, ‘achieve a goal’. Most of the SLEs I've met are very hard-working towards their goal.

But above anything else, once you've been around enough people of the type, something he does in the video below is so bespoke that you immediately know. Even if most of the time there's nothing particularly harsh about their eyes. I was watching and I had to stop it because it was the ‘no further questions from me’ moment for me. It was the uncanny valley where 3, 4 specimens of SLEs that you know all meld into one for 10 seconds and it all clicks with familiarity. Other exemplars you know don't come in at all, as they don't all do this or not often.

It happens at 22:26, when Khabib admonishes a reporter for congratulating McGregor on his whiskey. In a more shallow typing we would wonder if this is Fi/Se type of morality, Ti/Se abiding by a rule? But the intention is different. It's, first, much more common for SLEs to ‘blurt out’ something like that. It's a split second and suddenly the wall around them gets higher. And they get to do it in the context of the video but also out of the blue when things are apparently running smoothly, they use to to change the topic, make things progress. If we had to describe it in Socionics terms we could maybe position it as an in-built mechanism that stops and redirects IEI's ‘relaxing spell’ so that not everything remains unfinished, so that things get moving.

The second important part comes a few seconds after that, at 22:34 when his expression transforms and his face get this threatening look? Some SLEs do this all the time in communication. It gets to the point where you might think they're just kidding around. And they're at some point, but it's also very real: ‘this is as far as you'll go, drop it’. My point being an SEI or similar like IEI would not be able to pull that off, the blurting out and the killer stare, in a way that's so final and naturally ‘right’. Even the females can do it. I’m also drawing from them: the way the muscles come together, the end result, I've seen it several times.

Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    IEI
    If the competing types were IEI vs SLE? Nah, he is SLE ‘informal but serious bro with a temper/can stand his ground’ in the tradition of the type and has the same stridencies. Very obvious for IEIs that have had extensive interaction with SLEs, but it might just leave you perplexed because it's a simple truth that you forget to factor in. Get this, here are two of Gulenko's IEI (1 & 2). After watching Khabib for some time, an IEI with experience in Socionics can tell you trying to type him IEI is as aggravating to an IEI in recurrent dealings with real SLEs as forcing an SLE typing on the girls in the video. When an IEI sees the girl sthey detect the sameness, the nice but unsatisfactory relationship prospects in the end because they don't cover for an IEIs weak spots for everyday living, does not complement sexually because different but interesting is not there, rather same and non-complementary. An LII experienced in Socionics and with somewhat vast experience with ESEs would be equally horrified if ESE was a proposed type for Khabib. Yet you expect an IEI to accept IEI for him? Right, the day you accept ESE for this man.

Back to the topic, Khabib demonstrates the usual signs of SLEs (over IEIs that is) combined with the drive of an SLE (which is also something any type notices when they come in contact with them) in ways more appropriate to the type. For SLEs dreams of glory should correspond in higher frequency to extension of fields of interest in which the type typically demonstrates more aptitude, where they can apply their initiative and drive (IEIs dreams of glory are of a more intellectualoid and poetic and of decadent nature, rarely would they daydream of spending all day sweaty in a gym fighting, that doesn't 'feed their soul' and whoever says otherwise has a frankly weak understanding of the type which runs the risk of channeling strange conclusions like "setting goals into the future, dreaming of victory can only be explained by Ni base", when:

SLE is a decisive and goal-oriented person. He prefers to set only major goals and will move towards them no matter the obstacles. His persistence increases proportionally with the number of difficulties he must overcome. Without the excitement of a struggle or competition, he lunges into low moods and doubts.

SLE is a resolute person who can provide volitional pressure if the situation requires it. He is determined to win at any cost. The more obstacles he encounters along the way, the more collected and energetic his advance becomes. Doubt and hesitation are foreign to him; he feels convinced of his right. Categorical in his assessments, he always has the last word. He is primarily interested in the result, not the process of achieving it.

He forces himself to achieve what may seem almost impossible for others. SLE boldly responds to challenges when his abilities are questioned.

So, no. SLE based on my experience is a better choice. Calling him IEI should instantly seem weird to you as calling this girl SLI should anyone do it.

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    BAMF
    Mentioned
    125 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

@Rusal - Don’t feed the troll. For real. I bet he’s getting off to this.

TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Khamzat Chimaev and Islam Makhachev are IEI too, also Nurullo Aliev who looks almost identical to Khabib. It's not the sensing types who train at the gym friday or saturday evening instead of partying and socializing, it's the loner Ni base types. You only understand that when you exercise yourself though. You don't see that as a normalizing woman who has never lifted a plate in their life, or as a nerd who spends all day at the computer. Robert has been on this site for a ddcade and hasn't even figured on his own type.

https://youtube.com/shorts/J2RJA6H5_8w?feature=share
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Khamzat Chimaev and Islam Makhachev are IEI too, also Nurullo Aliev who looks almost identical to Khabib. It's not the sensing types who train at the gym friday or saturday evening instead of partying and socializing, it's the loner Ni base types. You only understand that when you exercise yourself though. You don't see that as a normalizing woman who has never lifted a plate in their life, or as a nerd who spends all day at the computer. Robert has been on this site for a ddcade and hasn't even figured on his own type.

https://youtube.com/shorts/J2RJA6H5_8w?feature=share

"Sensing types only train Fridays cuz they lack Ni so they cannot envision their ideal victory in the future, don't have transformative ambition and cannot adhere to discipline and a vision of themselves and are unwilling to sacrifice"

Filatova: Decisively they manifest their interest in work and are not tormented or distracted by pangs in their consciousness, even if, for the achievement of their goals, they must pinch, punish or offend someone (...) Wonderfully understand how best to organize work and the inability of others to act on such an optimal level. Thus the SLE will take upon themselves, not only their own responsibilities, but also the affairs of the surrounding people, to which SLE relates with sympathy and respect

Strati: Even if Zhukov works in a department as a regular employee, setting “higher” goals ahead of him/herself, the SLE can in a short period of time subordinate the management (which sometimes works out better for him than heading the department himself). The ESTp is distinguished by an exceptional capacity for work and drive, which grows proportionally to the number of obstacles that he or she faces. Uses every opportunity to show his volitional qualities: determination, perseverance, steadfastness, showing himself in the light of a strict but fair leader. (...) He likes to discuss discipline, the need to develop a strong-willed and determined character. Representatives of this type willingly and gladly learn their entire lives - they do so continually and everywhere. They approach any undertaking with thoroughness, gather and analyze all of the relevant information, improve their level of qualification. (...) ESTp tries to accomplish the maximum amount of work in a single unit of time, which goes without saying leads to an overload, excessive stain and stress (...) The ESTp likes and knows how to work.

Bukalov: People of this type are well see strong-willed qualities of others and themselves have a well-developed willpower, the ability to achieve their goal.

Socionics.ua: The manifestations of nature in their professional activity Well-versed in the world of material things. Purposefully solve practical problems, it overcomes difficulties, and adheres to the scheduled plan, trying to do everything on their own. Committed to their work, organizations and society know what are the obligations and will not shy away from them, even if it takes a lot of sacrifice. (...) A sober realist. Inherent passion, high capacity for work. It needs vigorous activity.

Golihov: man of action, act. Inclined to force the philosophy of chanting, independent coping, victory at all costs, “could bear to fill up - a man.” And, always sure that everything here depends only on himself, his strength, capabilities. Hence - the extremely irritating when realizing that it was not possible to achieve the goal. Very susceptible to social recognition: HONOR, GLORY, respect, letters, insignia, etc.Work can not rest, have a “bouquet” neglected diseases, but absolutely not to attach any importance to this.

Zamanskaya: In achieving a goal the ESTp shows flexibility, tenacity, high pace, and energy. The ESTp has a high capacity for work. If life is dull, monotonous, lacking in momentous problems and promising long-term goals, the ESTp begins to mope around, to see future in dark colors, to feel and act like a complete wreck, but as soon as a goal appears, he quickly mobilizes, and becomes cheerful, energetic, and determined once again. (...) The SLE truly knows how to work: he is responsible and conscientious, tries to meet deadlines at any cost, for which reason the passivity and irresponsibility of some people are incomprehensible to him. Always strives for the highest achievements himself and to competitive advantages. Due to inherent competitiveness of ESTps they often work until exhaustion, until they wear themselves out, not allowing themselves to truly relax, and not thinking of the consequences such lifestyle can have on their health.

Socioscope: Zhukov believes that if people really want something, they will always attain it. He aims for the large purposes, not exchanging on the trifles. He does not believe in luck – all comes to the one who persistently strives for her (...). He is characterized by great fitness for work. He is thorough. the situation | circumstances is really not to his favour, may refuse to quit and switch to a new, even more important objective. His thoroughness in the daily routine of life, in work or education – bridge to the FUTURE. Developed force of will. Directivity to reaching of eventual result

And on and on and of course, Gulenko's bit. In any profile of the type work is treated as of utmost importance to SLEs. And just like they like to respect deadlines and work long hours in front of a computer to do so, or climb up positions at work for which they would have to demonstrate high individual work aptitude when other ‘weaklings’ leave, so it is training long hours when glory and victory are in the horizon underpinned by passion and a great capacity to work, thoroughness and ambition to reach a goal.
    high quest for glory
    interest in 'being on top' and get recognition
    self-demanding
    works till exhaustion, everyone else is an undisciplined weakling
    through and rigorous
    sets long-term goals, challenges and objectives in their vision of their desired future of glory and honor.

etc.

also Nurullo Aliev who looks almost identical to Khabib.

Well, since you mention it. One should check for similarities and in time learn to recognize more subdued expression, rest faces.

Filatova:

One of these is a strong-willed chin, often the lower jaw is slightly pushed forward (56-60). Lips tightly compressed. The chin itself is found literally "square" (58, 60). Only the SLE is characterized by a look, as if he is ready to “break through the wall with his forehead”

Addendum by Filatova in her portraits: The activities of the SLE are also very effective in law enforcement agencies, as well as in sports, since its determination to win here is decisive. (...) An indomitable will to win is also extremely useful in any power structures, military service, intelligence. The fighting qualities of the SLE will obviously find their application in sports, including professional ones.

Talanov, an experienced socionist with extensive dealings with the types, remarked the following when describing one of his examples of SLE, hinting at the fact that he probably tracked this trait in a considerable amount of sensoric logicals. Interesting:

Appearance in all photos is absolutely typical for SLE. In the last photo, taken in profile, pay attention to the protruding superciliary bone ridges (a rudimentary gene manifestation that is rare in humans, almost always associated with an increase in sensory and at the same time logical traits).

Then it's other things, like I said if you have spent enough time around them you recognize their resting face, the face they make when they are thinking, the look when they're seizing you up, etc- you need exposure to the real type.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Khabib nurmagomedov gives me major ESI vibes? SLE was definitley an option but he's ESI. also reminds me of a lot of ESI's i have interacted with in person. He's also most likley SP4
    Last edited by BrolyV2; 09-26-2023 at 05:53 PM.