Thread: Tony Ferguson and Khabib Nurmagomedov

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Tony Ferguson and Khabib Nurmagomedov

Khabib Nurmagomedov and Tony Ferguson have a fight date for a fourth time (UFC223 April 7).

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Conor McGregor

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    106 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't type either. Khabib will beat both easily though.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

October 6.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

• UFC 229

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Conor McGregor - LSE.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Khabib - maybe SLE

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UFC 229 Press Conference

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khcs View Post
    Khabib Nurmagomedov and Tony Ferguson have a fight date for a fourth time (UFC223 April 7).
    My typings:

Khabib Numagomedov: SLI Sp/So. (I'm guessing Te subtype)
    Tony Ferguson: ESE-Si Sx/So.
    Conor McGregor: SEI Sx/So. (I'm guessing Fe subtype)

TIM
    INxJ Hybrid
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh @Jarno, I'm glad to see you still posting.
    ~* astralsilky

4w5 that morphed into a 3w2 sx/sp
    Cancer Sun, Cancer/Leo Moon, Libra Ascendant, Pluto conjunct Ascendant, Sun conjunct Moon, Saturn conjunct Mercury conjunct MC in 10th, Jupiter handle of bucket pattern squares Nodes, Uranus biquintile Jupiter, Neptune sextile Ascendant, Lilith trine Ascendant, Venus in Gemini/Cancer in 9th house conjunct MC, Venus trine Uranus, Uranus conjunct Spica, Ascendant conjunct SuperGalactic Center, Sun inconjunct Galactic Center.

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

TIM
    Ni-IEI sx/sp
    Mentioned
    413 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Conor McGregor - LSI (-Se so/sx 6w7)

Khabib Numagomedov - SLI (agreed on the Te-subtype here, so/sx)

Tony Ferguson - ESE (9w8 so/sx) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tVaf6YlFzk

McGregor is showing some typical body language of Ij temperament. Restricted gestures aimed at demonstrating bunches of self-control.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOgao7UNw3E

http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...identification

And Khabib's body language is a kind of rolling ball of formlessness.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LeaderLightChange View Post
    Khabib - Alpha introvert, 9w1, so/sx
    Connor - Gamma NT, 6w7, sp/sx or so/sx
    Ferguson - difficult to type, probably e9
    11w3, sx/so/py, e27/t34 is possible.
    Last edited by khcs; 03-08-2019 at 02:51 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UFC 242 - September 7.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by khcs View Post
    Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Conor McGregor

both are SLE

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ferguson and McGregor are LIE

Khabib is beta irrational - probably LSI-Ti

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dustin Poirier - LSI

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not trying to be rude, but these SEI, SLI, ILE, LIE typings for fighters really make me shake my head.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soundofconfusion View Post
    not trying to be rude, but these SEI, SLI, ILE, LIE typings for fighters really make me shake my head.
    Remember we're typing the person itself, you could try ignoring the fighting component and just type them based on interviews.
    Any type can have exquisite fighting skills, for some it may take longer, for others it may take a different route

One way in looking at it is that different fighters may have different styles, that could be one indicator. So they're most likely going to differ in variety when it comes to their type.

Just try watching fighter interviews though to really get a different perspective on who they are, what their thought process is, why they do the things they do, etc.

I hope that helps

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do this all the time. I spend at least 1-2 hours reading about a person, watching interviews etc. before I come to a conclusion. I understand that socionics is a subjective typology, but SEI and SLI seem so absurd for conor and khabib, that it feels like the person making these typings doesn't read any type decriptions at all, or doesn't understand model a. you've typed Ruiz as EII in another thread. why do you think that a type with Se as vulnerable function could be a heavyweight champion? seems so odd.
    Last edited by soundofconfusion; 06-12-2019 at 09:34 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soundofconfusion View Post
    I do this all the time. I spend at least 1-2 hours reading about a person, watching interviews etc. before I come to a conclusion. I understand that socionics is a subjective typology, but SEI and SLI seem so absurd for connor and khabib, that it feels like the person making these typings doesn't read any type decriptions at all, or doesn't understand model a. you've typed Ruiz as EII in another thread. why do you think that a type with Se as vulnerable function could be a heavyweight champion? seems so odd.
    It's definitely possible for Se vulnerable to be heavyweight champion, maybe strong N has better control of how the fight is going to pan out possibly. Fighters like Ruiz and Joshua have a strong sense of time and how the fights going to go, their strengths are very different to someone like Fury(who has stronger Se, not sure if he's EIE or SEE now tbh) . Someone like Wilder who's S just bulldozes into the fight and is aggressive(weak Ni and unvalued)

I don't see Ruiz with a strong presence in the ring and intimidating posture like Se ego type boxers, Se is more forceful if that makes sense.

Btw, Se is impulsive and without Ni compensating for it, would lack strategy and a control of time with what's happening. Plus boxing ability applies to no function. Ruiz is just a very good boxer.

I understand why it seems odd to you but anything is possible and when it's possible, it's not really so odd.

I don't know them well enough though so maybe you know more about them tbh.

It's like rappers though, many people type them S due to their showboating and flamboyant lyrics, it can put people off when typing. It's best to consider everything.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GammavsBeta View Post
    It's definitely possible for Se vulnerable to be heavyweight champion...
    Does having weak make someone incapable of doing physical work?
    I mean I've 1D and I learned using tools... including chopping wood with an axe / hatchet.
    Last edited by WinnieW; 06-11-2019 at 08:53 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    Does having weak make someone incapable of doing physical work?
    I mean I've 1D and I learned using tools... including chopping wood with an axe / hatched.
    I think you've understood my point but to answer your question on the safe side, having weak Se doesn't necessarily make someone incapable of doing physical work.
    It could potentially take weak Se longer to master physical work but not in all cases I believe

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It could potentially take weak Se longer to master physical work but not in all cases I believe
    I tend to say it seems to be more demanding for me to learn physical skills... e.g. it took me longer to learn handwriting, compared to other kids at school.
    But I derailed this thread.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there's a difference between learning to do physical work and becoming world champion in heavyweight boxing. I do weightlifting and have Se as vulnerable function like EII and I can assure you that it's very, very difficult to focus on reality. I can't even imagine a peaceful and internally vulnerable EII punching others to win a prestigious title in boxing (you know, something that Se valuing types care for). one of my friends is an EII with a dominant subtype and even he can't hurt a fly, he mostly does yoga.

I understand why it seems odd to you but anything is possible and when it's possible, it's not really so odd.
    I don't like this argument, because it means that we can just ignore functions and model a and everyone can be anything. the absolute majority of professional fighters are ESI, SEE, SLE and LSI.

I can even show you a video of an ILE fighter, his name is chase hooper.

https://youtu.be/IigWphaMX64

in the video, he fights against an ESI and interestingly he wins, but it's clearly visible that he takes a lot of punches because of his weak Se and only wins because of his unorthodox fighting style. many Se types in the comment section mention this

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem with low D is more the lack of quick adaption then using force at all.
    Weightlifting is quite predictable, unlike fighting sports where you have to adjust your body movements interactive, most of the time.

btw. does lifting large chucks of fire wood on a trailer count as weight lifting?
    (Pieces of 20 to 30 kg each.)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    The problem with low D is more the lack of quick adaption then using force at all.
    Weightlifting is quite predictable, unlike fighting sports where you have to adjust your body movements interactive, most of the time.
    you need to focus on reality when you train, something that is very difficult for Ne valuing types