Thread: Hexaco: Big 5 turned Big 6 test

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hexaco: Big 5 turned Big 6 test

Anyone taken it? Thoughts? Basically a big fivesix test?
    http://hexaco.org/

TIM
    O,!C,I;IEI
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's based on the same idea, known as the "Lexical Hypothesis". The Big Five's factors were all taken from the West, so they fail to accurately reflect a truly global or universally human narrative. The addition of the "Humility/Honesty" factor, for instance, reflects that HEXACO's factors include East Asian narratives

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

That's no test. That's a site about a book.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice test.

However honesty/humility, the new axis, scores like two new axis for me. I score high on sincerety part, but low on fraudulent part. I'm straightforward towards people i meet, but i have no problem planning a bankrobbery if i can get away with it.

the other normal big 5 axis, score normal. So yeah it's not a good addition, maybe they should make it a big 7.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hexcaco Personality Inventory

6 traits + factors inventory

http://hexaco.org/

direct link to inventory (100 questions, but not horribly endless feeling imo (i got through it))

Last edited by bgbg; 02-18-2018 at 10:47 PM.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't save the picture version, but I have the pdf version of my results. Because it's long I'll just list the ones that fell outside of normal range whether higher or lower.

Honesty-Humility 4.13/5
    subscales: Sincerity 5.00 (other subscales were high within normal range except for modesty which was in the midrange and average)

Honesty-Humility: Persons with very high scores on the Honesty-Humility scale avoid manipulating others for personal gain, feel little
    temptation to break rules, are uninterested in lavish wealth and luxuries, and feel no special entitlement to elevated social status.
    Conversely, persons with very low scores on this scale will flatter others to get what they want, are inclined to break rules for personal profit, are motivated by material gain, and feel a strong sense of self-importance.

Sincerity: The Sincerity scale assesses a tendency to be genuine in interpersonal relations. Low scorers will flatter others or pretend to like them in order to obtain favors, whereas high scorers are unwilling to manipulate others.

Emotionality 2.19/5
    Subscales: Fearfulness 1.75
    Anxiety 2.25
    Dependence 1.25
    but Sentimentality subscale was average

Emotionality: Persons with very high scores on the Emotionality scale experience fear of physical dangers, experience anxiety in response to life's stresses, feel a need for emotional support from others, and feel empathy and sentimental attachments with others. Conversely, persons with very low scores on this scale are not deterred by the prospect of physical harm, feel little worry even in stressful situations, have little need to share their concerns with others, and feel emotionally detached from others.

The Fearfulness scale assesses a tendency to experience fear. Low scorers feel little fear of injury and are relatively tough, brave, and insensitive to physical pain, whereas high scorers are strongly inclined to avoid physical harm.

The Anxiety scale assesses a tendency to worry in a variety of contexts. Low scorers feel little stress in response to difficulties, whereas high scorers tend to become preoccupied even by relatively minor problems.

The Dependence scale assesses one's need for emotional support from others. Low scorers feel self-assured and able to deal with problems without any help or advice, whereas high scorers want to share their difficulties with those who will provide encouragement and comfort.

Sociability 1.75/5
    Only sociability on the extraversion scale was below normal range but everything else was in average range, liveliness was highest at 4/5 and overall extraversion was average

The Sociability scale assesses a tendency to enjoy conversation, social interaction, and parties. Low scorers generally prefer solitary activities and do not seek out conversation, whereas high scorers enjoy talking, visiting, and celebrating with others.

Openness to Experience 4.38/5

Subscales: Aesthetic Appreciation 5.00/5
    Inquisitiveness 4.50/5
    other subscales were within normal range typically at high end of normal range

Descriptions:

Openness to Experience: Persons with very high scores on the Openness to Experience scale become absorbed in the beauty of art and nature, are inquisitive about various domains of knowledge, use their imagination freely in everyday life, and take an interest in unusual ideas or people.
    Conversely, persons with very low scores on this scale are rather unimpressed by most works of art, feel little intellectual curiosity, avoid creative pursuits, and feel little attraction toward ideas that may seem radical or unconventional.

Subscales: The Aesthetic Appreciation scale assesses one's enjoyment of beauty in art and in nature. Low scorers tend not to become absorbed in works of art or in natural wonders, whereas high scorers have a strong appreciation of various art forms and of natural wonders.

The Inquisitiveness scale assesses a tendency to seek information about, and experience with, the natural and human world. Low scorers have little curiosity about the natural or social sciences, whereas high scorers read widely and are interested in travel.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i should take this again sometime now that i'm somewhat back to being a functioning human being.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I posted these results in March but deleted them because I was embarrassed.