Thread: "On Waves of Aging and Renewal" by Victor Gulenko

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default "On Waves of Aging and Renewal" by Victor Gulenko

Quite old but the best article i read on socionics.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p...ungian_Aspects

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So,
    Nonsense
    Nonsense
    And more nonsense

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for posting this. I find a lot of his articles to be rather abstract, but I'll see if I can go through it, maybe

Will we start over, or circle the drain crazymaisy's Avatar
    TIM
    ILI-Ni GAMMA NH-c
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very well formulated. I love it.
    Maisy
    ILI-Ni (INTp)
    I think in pictures, moving pictures...

Recommended Music - ILI-Ni

"And one peculiar point I see,
    As one of the many ones of me.
    As truth is gathered, I rearrange,
    Inside out, outside in, inside out, outside in,
    Perpetual change"

Yes - The Yes Album - from "Perpetual Change" (written by Howe and Squire)

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wow okay, very interesting. Dr. G serving us the truth here. Apparently 50% of the socion are total fakers:

• ESE - natural, simple, artless emotions.
    • EIE - artificial, crafted, playacting emotions.

• LII - natural, basic logic; the logic of natural laws.
    • LSI - artificial logic, the logic of regulations and decrees created and adopted by people.

• SLE - natural strength, which subordinates those who are weaker.
    • SEE - artificial strength, which allows to exert influence over those who are more powerful.

• IEI - natural sense of time, the course of events unfolding into the future.
    • ILI - artificial sense of time, the course of events oriented at the past.

• IEE - natural ideas, naturally possible prospects.
    • ILE - artificial ideas, alternatives of the impossible, of the hyperreality.

• SLI - natural sensory experiences and comfort.
    • SEI - artificial sensing, created, crafted comfort.

• LIE - natural benefit, attained by personal, individual enterprise.
    • LSE - artificial benefit, derived through organization of labor.

• ESI - natural relations, dedicated and loving of his own, rejecting of outsiders.
    • EII - artificial relations, forgives transgressions, treats outsiders as his own.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Wow okay, very interesting. Dr. G serving us the truth here. Apparently 50% of the socion are total fakers:
    Yeah but at least on Si crafted comfort sounds better than "natural comfort" which just sounds like a euphemism for being a couch potato.

Also Viktor G. is a faker since he's ILE so don't trust him. His ideas have nothing to do with reality and he said it himself.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think the distinctions are very important even if they look silly at first. They are a simplification of his definitions + -

Concise but correct knowledge and good understanding of theory let us spot how elements perform in different types.

F.e. IEE +Si looks for artificial comfort, but SLI -Si looks for natural sensorial experiences and crates natural comfort. The manifestations then in life and personality are different. This is also a difference between quasi identicals (LSI 4D +Si ; SLI 4D -Si)
    Its very interesting since it seems to indicate that your dual doesn't give you what you want but what you need. And sometimes what you are looking for is not truly what you need.

According this, IEEs look for artificially crated comfort but what they'll receive from SLI is a more practical way of experiencing sensorial experiences and being comfortable naturally instead of artificially (and impractically).

Then, it seems to indicate too that conflictors, semi duals and benefactors look brighter or more appealing to us than duals since they do have a 4D seeking function with the same sign we have for seeking function. In fact, all of the functions of our dual have opposite signs. So, semi duals, conflicts and benefactors would bring more partial, spontaneous understanding and feeling of fulfillment of our seeking function at first than duality.

I think this could be another reason of why many ppl doesnt find a dual relation or form relations with other types over dual.
    Last edited by Hope; 03-14-2018 at 10:47 PM.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

gulenko uses different signs for model G as well, (+Si for SLI), etc... but I think its a consequence of moving from model A to model G. I think he conceptualizes signs as doing different things.. I think early the meaning of signs and how to use them was unclear, for example gulenko and Ermak diverge somewhat, and Ermak sticks to model A, whereas Gulenko uses G. I think this is an earlier draft on signs that most parties have moved on from but in different ways