Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is it like to date your identical?

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    Anybody have an opinion on identical relationships?
    My experience with it is positive. I enjoy it.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Cat View Post
    Anybody have an opinion on identical relationships?

In my experience, e5's (LIIs) have the most Identical relationships, then ESIs (ESI-Se with ESI-Fi), then IEI's together.

Your Identical is very validating, if you need that. Not very useful for growth, if you need that.

TIM
    ESI 4 sx/sp (459)
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would really like an Identical friend that is mature and would understand me. Maybe someone who's also pursued a lot of higher education like I have, so that we could have that in common. I would *not* like to date an Identical, however. I'm fully convinced from past experience with dual family members and more recent experience with dual friends that and I want and need the support that TeNi ego can provide.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wonderwoman View Post
    I would really like an Identical friend that is mature and would understand me. Maybe someone who's also pursued a lot of higher education like I have, so that we could have that in common. I would *not* like to date an Identical, however. I'm fully convinced from past experience with dual family members and more recent experience with dual friends that and I want and need the support that TeNi ego can provide.
    @wonderwoman, I read this and thought, “AT LAST! An ESI who knows what she’s doing!”

Do you have any idea how rare your attitude is? It’s like a diamond in a gravel pit.

I think this must be due to the situation that @FDG first explained to me, which is that ESIs and LIEs are much more likely to recognize the value of a Dual if they grew up with one in their family.

And since LIEs are fairly rare, I keep shoveling that gravel…. Lol.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've heard the words "competitive" & "boring" to describe this relationship. I've heard that one partner, psychologically takes on the dual role & that the older (or more experienced) individual becomes a teacher. The theory is that your dual is your greatest guardian while your identical relation is your best teacher

TIM
    SEIZOR
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've met some nice SEE women who were perfectly pleasant and a pleasure to know, I've also met some SEEs who are straight up mean nasty bitches.

I guess it would be fine to date an identical, I've never done it though so who knows. I've had many professional relationships with ESEs and SEEs because of the nature of the work I do. Both types would be fine for me to date. Honestly, I have no idea what I would do unless I was in the situation and ultimately it would depend on the person regardless of what type they are.
    Bound upon me, rush upon me, I will overcome you by enduring your onset: whatever strikes against that which is firm and unconquerable merely injures itself by its own violence. Wherefore, seek some soft and yielding object to pierce with your darts.

-Seneca

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12