Thread: IEIs and Si

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEIs and Si

The IEIs I know seem to have strong Si. They love order, notice sensations like smell taste looks and are good at providing these sensations. Is this just a manifestation of another function?

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if its a thing.

My guess would be that Si is in the super ego and an evaluatory position. Super-ego being that inner voice of the external information and Si fits into role. So however the role usually behaves, and just put Si in that spot.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being good at providing those sensations might be because they are introverts who have a lot of focus on their own sphere of influence and because they are ethicals, are able to just figure out what might feel good for others and experiment with those ideas. Getting feed back fits into their intuitions and they apply those standards next time.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are they harmonizers?

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Are they harmonizers?
    This. Is. It. Thank you!

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

"IEIs who have strong " = ISFx
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Exceptions might be certain enneagram image type (2 or 4) INFx-Fx individuals, but at the end of the day their Si is just 'an act' (especially with IEI-Fe who doesn't value it) and not actually strong.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

a two horned unicorn renegade Heretic 007's Avatar
    TIM
    ILE-C-I
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

IEI in their natural state without adaptation to societal standards:

IEI after role adaptation:
    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho Marx
    I don’t care to belong to any club that will have me as a member.

Due to Fi PoLR do not send PM's, please. 50/50 likelihood to get a reply if I'm going to even read your messages. Let's keep things public.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the role is strong enough and actually useful and somewhat close to your lead. I think it is fairly easy to identify and thus you can copy with your lead. Fi of LSI for example might use their Ti to steer up the Fi and remember from life and earlier how things work.

TIM
    IEI-3Ni 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am this way. IEIs can care a lot about the aesthetics they prefer as part of their desire for elegance. They also may be particular about order and organization because of their Ti hidden agenda. Personally, my mood is easily influenced by my environment. If my surroundings are a mess I feel like a mess too, so for that reason I like to keep on top of my Si tasks. I always do them for a specific purpose, not simply out of routine. I like my spaces to be organized, hygienic and aesthetically pleasing. I do it for myself but also very motivated by the image I project to others. I’m not really able to consistently keep this up especially when I’m stressed or depressed. The biggest thing that gets in the way is my laziness and low energy.

I wouldn’t say that I’m “good at providing these sensations to others” although I’m not exactly sure what you mean by that. I’m definitely not a caretaker. I get annoyed if I have to clean up after others or dote on them constantly, because I don’t have enough energy for that.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A harmonizing iei is going to have terrible si. More energy put into Ni means less into Si.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    A harmonizing iei is going to have terrible si. More energy put into Ni means less into Si.
    An IEI I know that has very good Si is normalizing I think.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fox View Post
    Victor Gulenko says the harmonizing subtype IEI has boosted Si, Ni and Fi.

for reference:

Creative: +Ne +Se +Fe
    Dominant: +Se +Te +Fe
    Harmonizing: +Si +Ni +Fi
    Normalizing: +Fi +Ti +Ni

I'm actually not good at this stuff, I actively have to work at it... for instance, I'm currently talking a medication that makes me eat more because I always forget to eat (I don't notice the sensation of hunger and will go all day without eating). I'm also probably the least organized person I know, lol. I highly doubt anyone with strong Si would forget to eat/drink and allow themselves to live in a messy environment because they would be too aware of their body and their surroundings and the feeling of being uncomfortable.

I can create the appearance of a put together person though, but it's mostly an allusion for the aesthetic... I actually think this is the case with a lot of IEI because of their Fe creative.

I also know some IEI who have taken up stuff like cooking as a hobby, but it's usually a briefly lived thing, as they always seem to go back to their regular ways. Like, I knew one who took it up as a hobby for a few years (and he actually got really good at it), but hardly ever cooks for himself now.
    I believe Gulenkos assertion directly contradicts fundamental axioms of socionics and other Socionists assertions on the DCNH. One of them has to be wrong, and I believe his makes much less sense.

Plus, I'm IEI-H and my Si is pronouncedly worse than my PoLR, though less stressful.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Smell, taste and looks are terms that also have relativistic (N) aspects, and image is very important to IEIs. They often seek security by hiding-behind-walls in a metaphorical sense; order can frequently provide secure walls. IEIs are very adept at using bureaucracy, society and rule-bound people to their own advantage without truly conforming. Only certain bottom-up perspectives can be attributed to Si; it's not a box of items.....
    a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't agree with this characterization of IEIs.

Even if it was true, order is Ti/Se, not Si. And Si is a lot more than just pleasant sensations, though that is a part of it.
    Last edited by thehotelambush; 02-14-2018 at 02:51 PM.

Mentioned
    981 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I believe Gulenkos assertion directly contradicts fundamental axioms of socionics and other Socionists assertions on the DCNH. One of them has to be wrong
    there is no basis to assume those DCNH "subtypes" exists at all. it's more other typology than "subtypes"
    Types examples: video bloggers, actors

Mentioned
    981 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaebette View Post
    The IEIs I know seem to have strong Si. They love order, notice sensations like smell taste looks and are good at providing these sensations. Is this just a manifestation of another function?
    it's more role skills which they think should to have good enough to impress others
    like my "impressive" shallow joking
    they can be good to some degree by coping others. it's not quantum physics

also some of those IEI may to have S type

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    there is no basis to assume those DCNH "subtypes" exists at all. it's more other typology than "subtypes"
    But its still more Socionics than it is other typology. Ex. - "Harmonizing boosts Ni, Si, & Fi" or whichever it says. That in of itself denotes itself as supplemental to the Socionics framework. So it should be subject to the same fundamental priniciples.

Now, exists is a tricky word. If you mean "valid", then yeah sure. But exists is a very lazy word because it usually never is used correctly.

Mentioned
    981 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

But its still more Socionics than it is other typology.
    It's not Socionics and it's baseless. And it's other typology as uses the traits which Jung's types have no.

> Ex. - "Harmonizing boosts Ni, Si, & Fi" or whichever it says.

It's only an assumption how those traits are linked with the Jung's types.
    There are a lot of stuff besides Jung's types in people by which they can be categorized and their behavior was explained. And that stuff is not Socionics at all.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've noticed I use Si for 100% comfort and that's all.. Like, I'll set a "mood atmosphere" for an entire house & etc.. I will have the curtains "cracked" open, put on some mellow music & relax... That's all
    We are spiritual beings having a human experience. After this body fails to thrive, our spirits are released and reborn into another body. ~