Quote Originally Posted by lavos View Post
Which is a better match in duality, same subtype pairing or different subtype? For example, LIE-Ni goes better with ESI-Fi or with ESI-Se? Why?

And in Activity (i.e. LIE-Ni with SEE-Se or SEE-Fi)?
I think the general opinion is that LIE-Te & ESI-Fi, and LIE-Ni & ESI-Se are better matches than combinations with the opposite sub-types. I have read differing opinions, though. Something about enhanced Te being too incompatible with enhanced Fi, IIRC.

What I've read so far is that the relations stated above are best for long-term, productive collaboration, and the opposite matches (LIE-Te & ESI-Se) are better for sex.

I have very limited experience in this area myself. I've spend some time with a couple of ESI-Fi's and a couple of ESI-Se's (platonically), and I can say that I (LIE-Te) am sexually attracted to the ESI-Se's that I've met IRL, but they seem fairly flighty. I find the ESI-Fi's to be much more like nesters. It's like pitting a showgirl against a brown hen. The brown hen might be better in the long run, but the showgirl is the one I notice.

I can make inferences about the LIE-ESI sub-type compatibilities by comparing them to the ILI-SEE duality. As an LIE yourself, think of what an SEE is like compared to an ESI. The SEE is much more outgoing, more e7-like, less stable, higher maintenance, etc, as her Se rises over what an ESI has. Conversely, think of what an ILI is like compared to an LIE. The ILI is more stoic, more subdued, more rational, less impulsive, more stabilizing. These ILI characteristics counterbalance the SEE's characteristics. So, It seems to me that a woman with more Se (an ESI-Se or an SEE) needs a guy with more Ni (an LIE-Ni or an ILI).

However, we like what we like. Personally, sex is important to me (but so is stability) and I find ESI-Se's to be sexier, if slightly unstable. Who knows, I might be attracted to the instability.