0 Thread(s)

Default Ancient history

This thread has lost it's meaning.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

<edit>

Since Smilingeyes got rid of that quote, I don't need this comment. And no offense taken, Smilingeyes, I realize the purpose of that quote now.

Now, flame wars are bad, mmmkay.

</edit>
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Creepy-

T"he memory of atrocities committed will help some people achieve understanding and avoid warfare in the future"

What?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

War hurts, so we want to avoid it.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Guests should be banned.

The anti-Canada, roughly 2 miles from Mr. Cone's house
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Rofl

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    War hurts, so we want to avoid it.
    Ahh, Mr. Cone, such a simplistic statement. This is a verbal war he speaks of, and oftentimes they don't go far. Considering that we are all (presumably) intelligent people, it is unlikely we'll end up arguing like little children over pittances.

Physical war does hurt, but is often necessary. One should never be afraid to stand up for one's beliefs, in any type of war, physical or verbal. Once you stand down, they win, and the oppression continues. One could argue that this is the beginning of an "if we don't get them, they'll get us" mentality, but without at least a basic concept of that, people will become stepping stones to tyrrany.

Anyway, Gamma activity has risen, and I, myself, stay out of the Alpha corner, simply because Gamma has all the stuff I need to learn. Gammas going to Alpha is like a white guy in the ghetto, you're just looking for trouble.

(Apologies to those offended by the ghetto statement, but you must admit it is true).
    Mr. Cone's family scares me.

If I only had a brain...

Voted "most cryptic" and "Most likely to become his/her country's next president/prime minister"

I'd like to thank all of you who voted for me. When I take office, I'll remember those who didn't vote for me...

ENTJ

Warning: can be long-winded when writing. Allow for a minimum of 20 minutes to read each individual post of mine

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I was once a guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cheerio
    Guests should be banned.
    No they shouldn't. Guests often have a new idea to offer. I was once a guest, casually posting without commitment. Then I joined, and it was basically the same. I've never actually seen a guest who posted something that didn't make sense on some level. Guests offer a new view on the old topics, and should be welcomed.

Aside from that, guest accounts are the only thing that lets the long-posters (like myself) post. Often, when writing a thesis on here, you're cookie will expire. If you had to re-log in, you'd lose all that information.

If I only had a brain...

Voted "most cryptic" and "Most likely to become his/her country's next president/prime minister"

I'd like to thank all of you who voted for me. When I take office, I'll remember those who didn't vote for me...

ENTJ

Warning: can be long-winded when writing. Allow for a minimum of 20 minutes to read each individual post of mine

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Re: I was once a guest

Quote Originally Posted by Earl60861
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerio
    Guests should be banned.
    No they shouldn't. Guests often have a new idea to offer. I was once a guest, casually posting without commitment. Then I joined, and it was basically the same. I've never actually seen a guest who posted something that didn't make sense on some level. Guests offer a new view on the old topics, and should be welcomed.
    Yes about the cookies thing, but what annoys me about most of them is that they cant be argued with. Theyre in, theyre out, they shoot you and scurry back into the woods from where they came. If their contributions are so good, logging in wont cost us their contributions in the least bit. It doesnt cost anything to make a profile if you have something to say, because otherwise noone can discuss anything with you, which screams "Im right, your wrong, and thats why Im a troll hitting 'submit' like it was a joke".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You ENTJs and INTPs amaze me with your experince in life and how you are peacfully minded, makeing me feel like in home in here. And about this war, nobody will win anithing from it. War is a crime and it is devostating act of a mind,which can not see the concequences of it's actions, when it is adoring it's greatness. There are always the ones who will suffer. Smartness lies in avoiding danger and harmfull people.
    Semiotical process

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

male21, you are the nicest fellow ever!

Actually, there's no war going on yet, since nothing new has been presented from the Gamma quadra forum. The only thing I fear about a flame war is that people will be hurt emotionally, making them lose interest in this forum and perhaps Socionics itself, and some people may get banned.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh there is a war brewing, trust me. We Alphas are conspiring against the attempted Gamma coup and according to our theories and calculations, we could certainly win or lose. BE PREPARED

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh there is a war brewing, trust me. We Alphas are conspiring against the attempted Gamma coup and according to our theories and calculations, we could certainly win or lose. BE PREPARED
    Yes, yes, YES!!! And I thought you guys were afraid of a little excitement! :wink:

Oh, and don't worry. We have our own little regiment ourselves.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by admin
    LOL. We got our fortress prepared with logical arguements and Goerge Michael CDs that were wiling to play in order to break your concentration. *Holds up "superfreak" single.* I dont wanna have to use this!

You ENTJs and INTPs amaze me with your experince in life and how you are peacfully minded, makeing me feel like in home in here.
    Thanks, man.

I dont think war is good, but a flame war could have been fun as long as noone goes too far. :wink: The point of this thread was to allow people to express their aggression which they already have, so that it gets off their chest and they feel better when they go back to the real world from whence they came.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

//

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Art Of War

NFP_, what stance is it to which you refer? I have difficulty pinpointing one, as I made about 5 stands in that post.

I think, before we start, we should have some ground rules:

No "Momma" jokes, or any other immature jokes
    No swearing
    No political, racial, relgious, ethnic, etc jokes/statements/insults/inquiries
    No singing the song "War" by Edwin Starr (lyrics available at: http://www.thirteen.org/edonline/adu...s/warsongs.pdf ), or any other war-oriented songs (for or against).
    No insulting someone's sister in your signature
    No references to any real-world conflict/war
    No insults about political leaders/philosophy.

Keep all arguments intelligent and related to socionics.

Finally, remember that all arguments are meant for intelligent conversation and should be taken impersonally.

If someone insults you, and you wish to seek compensation/an apology, request one, and the person will do so (as the insult would not be intentional under these rules of war, and they would be duty-bound to apologize).

We are prepared to fight, with such logical arguments such as "I like borritos", and "One day, you're sitting in the park, eating an egg McMuffin, when... BANG! A drive-by. Now you're either dead or will have to spend the rest of your life at <with disgust> Sylvan Learning Center". If you can't take these arguements, enjoy these: "The only reason you say that is because you are a pompus, incompetant, immoral, tyrant with anti-social tendencies and the mentality of a 2 year old".

I predict a 70% chance that Gammas will win, simply because of extended vocabulary, and the fact that Cone and I can single handedly combat any contest to our consistant competance as a quadrant. In the immortal words of Billy, "Its on, its on!".

If I only had a brain...

ENTJ

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Earl, nice try. Of course Alpha will lose if rules are imposed.

What's the point of this battle? I have no idea what SmilingEyes is talking about. How about we all hold hands sing songs?

My prediction: Alpha will win because we will realize we don't care if we lose, due to the petty nature of the conflict, and this will spark our process orientation, causing us to win out over the outcome oriented Gammas with their pompous verbosity.

:wink: !!!!!!!!

[Edit: I have no idea what I am talking about]

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I'll start.

Earl sucks!

Oh, wait, wrong quadra.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: The Art Of War

Quote Originally Posted by Earl60861
    extended vocabulary...competance
    Uh-huh.
    :wink:
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

//

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    Ok, I'll start.

Earl sucks!

Oh, wait, wrong quadra.

stfu Cone, and settle down.

Ok NFp_, didn't realize that.

If I only had a brain...

ENTJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WHAT DID SOMEONE SAY WAR?

IM HERE!

{♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It'll happen, Icepick, don't worry. I just have to wait for General Smilingeyes to reply to my message.

And is that really you?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a few weeks after basic training, I leave in 2 days from today!

Well it will be 10 weeks after and a bit, cause after basic (BMQ = basic military qualification) is Soldier Qualification (SQ) which is another 10 weeks with more of the fun stuff. After that is my occupational training... THank god it will all be in the same province... Ontario.
    {♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IcEPiCk
    In a few weeks after basic training, I leave in 2 days from today!

Well it will be 10 weeks after and a bit, cause after basic (BMQ = basic military qualification) is Soldier Qualification (SQ) which is another 10 weeks with more of the fun stuff. After that is my occupational training... THank god it will all be in the same province... Ontario.
    I didn't realize you were going to war . . . good luck to you. You'll be missed, unless you think you'll be able to continue to post!
    Entp
    ILE