TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hedy Lamarr, Hollywood Star, Inventor of WiFi technology

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedy_Lamarr

Maybe I should heed the stereotype and accept ILE, but I'm eager for more input. What was her type?

Here's an interview:

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes she seems ILE
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE seems quite plausible from what I know about her. She was kind of a covert nerd.
    George Antheil and she co-invented the frequency-hopping method. A radio channel switching method as countermeasure to protect information transmissions from eavesdropping.
    Sorry, that was stuff I learned at engineer school.

I propose 7-3-9 as her enneagram tritype.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hedy!!!!

TIM
    749 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do believe she was Fe seeking and that's why the mouth on her was always announcing how displeased she was with the environments she was in, she was always longing for a belonging that she would not find in Hollywood's arrangements. I agree with her being enneatype 739 actually. That's probably why even Edith Head top costumer of the day couldnt stand her. Edith was a bit conservative when it came to women and how women should be, even if she would say otherwise.

Here are some quotes by The Most Beautiful Woman In The World:
    I must quit marrying men who feel inferior to me. Somewhere, there must be a man who could be my husband and not feel inferior. I need a superior inferior man.

My problem is, I'm a hell of a nice dame, The most horrible whores are famous. I did what I did for love. The others did it for money.

If you use your imagination, you can look at any actress and see her nude, I hope to make you use your imagination.

Any girl can be glamorous. All you have to do is stand still and look stupid.

[1960s] It would be wrong of me to say so, but in this country [USA] money is more important than love. Most people here betray you and that's why there is so much chaos. I want to get away from here. I am homesick for Vienna . . . because my home is Vienna and Austria, not America... never!

[referring to the EFF award for invention frequency hopping] It's about time.

The ladder of success in Hollywood is usually agent, actor, director, producer, leading man. And you are a star if you sleep with them in that order. Crude but true.

To be a star is--to own the world and all the people in it. After a taste of stardom, everything else is poverty.

I win because I learned years ago that scared money always loses. I never care, so I win.

I was the highest-priced and most important star in Hollywood, but I was "difficult".

[on working for Cecil B. DeMille in Samson and Delilah (1949)] I was won over to appearing in the picture from the moment I entered his office and saw the extent of the research that he had done on the whole subject. You have no idea how thorough and comprehensive that research is. He has the first suggestion of a script and treatment down to the final shooting script. He has documents and evidence to support everything he does.
    Last edited by VOGUE PARIS; 01-10-2018 at 12:28 AM.

I have performed the necessary butchery. Here is the bleeding corpse.

HENRY JAMES, AFTER A REQUEST BY THE TIMES LITERARY SUPPLEMENT TO CUT THREE LINES FROM A 5,000 WORD ARTICLE

EIE-Ni 479 sp/sx Gentle Spirit

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by VOGUE PARIS View Post
    I do believe she was Fe seeking and that's why the mouth on her was always announcing how displeased she was with the environments she was in, she was always longing for a belonging that she would not find in Hollywood's arrangements. I agree with her being enneatype 739 actually. That's probably why even Edith Head top costumer of the day couldnt stand her. Edith was a bit conservative when it came to women and how women should be, even if she would say otherwise.

Here are some quotes by The Most Beautiful Woman In The World:
    I must quit marrying men who feel inferior to me. Somewhere, there must be a man who could be my husband and not feel inferior. I need a superior inferior man.

My problem is, I'm a hell of a nice dame, The most horrible whores are famous. I did what I did for love. The others did it for money.

If you use your imagination, you can look at any actress and see her nude, I hope to make you use your imagination.

Any girl can be glamorous. All you have to do is stand still and look stupid.

[1960s] It would be wrong of me to say so, but in this country [USA] money is more important than love. Most people here betray you and that's why there is so much chaos. I want to get away from here. I am homesick for Vienna . . . because my home is Vienna and Austria, not America... never!

[referring to the EFF award for invention frequency hopping] It's about time.

The ladder of success in Hollywood is usually agent, actor, director, producer, leading man. And you are a star if you sleep with them in that order. Crude but true.

To be a star is--to own the world and all the people in it. After a taste of stardom, everything else is poverty.

I win because I learned years ago that scared money always loses. I never care, so I win.

I was the highest-priced and most important star in Hollywood, but I was "difficult".

[on working for Cecil B. DeMille in Samson and Delilah (1949)] I was won over to appearing in the picture from the moment I entered his office and saw the extent of the research that he had done on the whole subject. You have no idea how thorough and comprehensive that research is. He has the first suggestion of a script and treatment down to the final shooting script. He has documents and evidence to support everything he does.
    Wow she could roast people pretty well. Respect

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hedy Lamarr - ESFP - Napoleon

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm. I doubt SEE (ESFp). I'm open to the idea that SEE type can be inventive, but she came up with a theoretical abstract idea.
    Novel functional, logical thinking with weak intuition (Ne role) and Ti PoLR? Frequency hopping was an original idea from her.
    She also constructed a functioning wing for an airplane from scratch, according to her biography.

I've seen her typed as LIE, which makes more sense to me than SEE.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    Hmm. I doubt SEE (ESFp). I'm open to the idea that SEE type can be inventive, but she came up with a theoretical abstract idea.
    Novel functional, logical thinking with weak intuition (Ne role) and Ti PoLR? Frequency hopping was an original idea from her.
    She also constructed a functioning wing for an airplane from scratch, according to her biography.

I've seen her typed as LIE, which makes more sense to me than SEE.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is an documentary about Hedy Lamarr

It shows a lot about her motivations. I can see that she valued Ni and Fi.
    Watch time index 28:36, what George Antheil said about her.
    I seriously doubt Se-leading for her, from the info of that documentary

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Rather strong ILI suspect
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI, or more likely LIE-Ni, not LIE-Te or ILI-Te, because her Fi seems better than 1D.

ILI and core E-type 7 does not really go well together. Maybe she created a public persona as actress and played a role in public.
    Honestly I doubt core type 7 for her now. She did act as an type 7 in public only.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the documentary i've seen titled "Bombshell" she was portrayed as rather the nerd, wanting to stay home and invent things. It's true that she designed the airplane wing too, she did a lot of sketches for that and all this from a woman who didn't have the theoretical background in the field, that is she hadn't studied anything tech or science related (that is she did it as a side hobby) , even tho she cited chemistry as her favorite secondary school subject in interviews. From all this i'd suggested ILE.

In interviews she'd said that 'ideas just come' to her, ideas for various inventions, even if not all her inventions were successful

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any sensing type seems wrong for her. Definitely an intuition ego type. She also valued feeling.
    My impression from the documentary is she had Fi HA.

ILE as called inventor, but there where a lot of successful inventors of other types, e.g. Nikola Tesla, most likely ILI.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any sensing type seems wrong for her. Definitely an intuition ego type. She also valued feeling.
    My impression from the documentary is she had Fi HA.
    Which documentary are you referring to? I am referring to the documentary produced by Susan Sarandon just this year or maybe last year.
    I dunno about Fi -ha. She would send her niece pictures of herself that were simply hollywood studio photographs signed. Her family thought that she decided that's how everyone wanted to see her, as a star. That seems more like confused Fi or very weak Fi. Her major invention she did at the height of her hollywood career - not to be underestimated i mean to me it seems to indicate a Fe valuing type.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Which documentary are you referring to?
    The documentary I linked to in post #10 in this thread.
    Her motivation was to help and protect people in her home country, and she hated fascim and the Nazis. I don't think that are signs for weak moral.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The documentary I linked to in post #10 in this thread.
    Her motivation was to help and protect people in her home country, and she hated fascim and the Nazis. I don't think that are signs for weak moral.
    No, i don't believe she had a moral issue, and i agree with your statement to some extend, but i kinda don't agree with Fi being morals personally.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Then I'd think LIE or ILE.

Demonstrative is very interested in ideas. ILE's analyze functions () and later use the functionality in new ways.
    But in essence both work based on that statement.

I get similar ideas (not saying those are so good ones). People have hard time of understanding how obvious it is to me.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

tell mobilizing that he/she is specifically needed to carry out something. It is kind of instant: Yes.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She was definitely an ILE-Ti and one of the most important people from the 20th century and one of my favorite famous people (and people in general) from the 20th century. It's ridiculous to suggest she was not an ILE-Ti. Sorry.

TIM
    SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Perfect fit for IEI-Ni.

The majority of men will never date a Hedy Lamarr (in her prime), a Vivien Leigh (in her prime) or a Maria Callas (in her prime). It takes a certain kind of man.

I have and do because, frankly, I'm the man. Just like

If I say a guy is not a SLE, he is not a SLE. If I say a woman is not an IEI, she is not an IEI. I know all the types' VI like the back of my hand.

I CRACKED THE VI TEMPLATES FOR EVERY SOCIONICS TYPE AND SUBTYPE.

https://www.pinterest.com/socionics/iei-ni/

To date, nobody I meanz nobody has been able to point out a logical/conceptual/structural flaw with my VI templates and/or only valid breakdown for every type wing and stack.

Nobody has and nobody will because there is none.

I'm beating the hell out of everyone.

Bottom line: IEI-Ni
    Last edited by Kill4Me; 03-24-2020 at 01:28 AM.

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How tf did you manage to get a postcount over 2000 without getting banned for your inane shitposts, @Kill4Me ?
    [Today 03:36 AM] anotherperson: this forum feels like the edge of the internet

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SocietyOTLittleFlower View Post
    How tf did you manage to get a postcount over 2000 without getting banned for your inane shitposts, @Kill4Me ?
    I put him on my ignore list a long time ago. Life's way too precious to have it wasted on reading shitposts.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't had the chance to verify the rest of the types he V.I.s (and I can't find any resemblance among some of the individuals he groups under one subtype in his gallery) . But I will say that his proposed facial traits for EIE-Fe match my experience with the type.

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI-Se