Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by SGF; 01-11-2021 at 07:09 PM.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEE
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    SEE-N™ WPEL™ 863
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kingslayer View Post
    Nothing. It's basically like the USD> in that it only has value because people say so. That's pretty much it. They found an alternate currency through crypto mining and attributed USD value to it (which is hilarious that their "alternate currency to the USD" is valued by the USD ). So a bunch of people figured we could collectively bring value to this shit by trading it through USD and creating more and increasing the market cap. Alongside trying to hard sell everyone around them to keep buying and the market flowing, a crash is always inevitable. It lost 80% of it's value once already. I could always be wrong about this, yet it's highly unlikely. Most big time Financers agree Crypto is a pile of bullshit, but you can hop on for the ride and make money trading, which is the smart thing to do. That's why you're seeing institutions dropping big time money into this right now. Them cashing out, probably triggered by the vaccine or any other event will cause a MAJOR dip in price, causing the sheep to sell, causing more sells and severe dips. Perhaps the next 80% dip.

These people staking their life savings and shit are crazy. If I'm wrong and they get rich Kudos to them, I personally don't think it's a smart risk at all to invest that much into something that can lose 80% of it's value so drastically. I'd rather trade stocks than speculative bullshit.
    Thank you! That's what I thought because it just seems shady and so arbitrary to assign whatever "value" to something that doesn't really exist. It just sounds like a securities fraud type of thing. My take is, stocks take awhile to gain value and it's not some get rich quick scheme contrary to what others say. If you buy and sell stocks so quickly, you're going to get killed with the heavy taxes and then it'll end up being unprofitable. Throwing your life's savings into some shadyass scheme with promises of a high reward with no evidence as to why it works that way is bad news. But, I don't have money to throw around so I'm more cautious, although I've met some really risky people who do actually like to go all in and they have less than me (like buy a ton of lotto tickets).

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here’s one small application,

In general, the quality of life increases with increased access to financial services and documentation. Here in the states, we use banks to send money at low cost, get access to credit, manage risk via insurance, etc.

However, there are BILLIONS of people around the world that don’t have access to banks and thus miss out on the advantages they bring.

Cryptocurrency offers a solution to this:

Blockchains- basically a big database. It enables you to build a censorship resistant, always accessible digital history.

Decentralized Transaction Systems- because it’s decentralized, sending money / transactions is dirt cheap and cost less than a penny

Smart Contracts- will provide a foundation for peer-to-peer low cost microfinance and microinsurance applications

In a nutshell, it allows people to be their own bank without the need of a third party/government/bank interference.

Right now, a bunch of projects are in its infancy, but the world is trending towards using decentralized digital currency one day.

Throwing your life savings into anything is stupid, so you should invest what you can afford to use after you do your due diligence of researching each digital asset. Look at things like:

--Team
    --Technology
    --Partnerships
    --Longevity/Originality
    --Price entry point

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DrDonkeyBallz View Post
    Here’s one small application,

In general, the quality of life increases with increased access to financial services and documentation. Here in the states, we use banks to send money at low cost, get access to credit, manage risk via insurance, etc.

However, there are BILLIONS of people around the world that don’t have access to banks and thus miss out on the advantages they bring.

Cryptocurrency offers a solution to this:

Blockchains- basically a big database. It enables you to build a censorship resistant, always accessible digital history.

Decentralized Transaction Systems- because it’s decentralized, sending money / transactions is dirt cheap and cost less than a penny

Smart Contracts- will provide a foundation for peer-to-peer low cost microfinance and microinsurance applications

In a nutshell, it allows people to be their own bank without the need of a third party/government/bank interference.

Right now, a bunch of projects are in its infancy, but the world is trending towards using decentralized digital currency one day.

Cryptocurrency? Almost a billion people in the world can't read.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Cryptocurrency? Almost a billion people in the world can't read.
    Did you have the same doubts before the internet was created

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DrDonkeyBallz View Post
    Did you have the same doubts before the internet was created
    He is just virtue signaling to his ESI dual >).. quite cringe.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    He is just virtue signaling to his ESI dual >).. quite cringe.
    I was? I thought I was saying that people who can’t read are probably not going to be saved by a currency that requires computing machinery for its use and existence.

How do you get “virtue signaling” from that?

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

99% of crypto projects are absolute trash, and I think the majority of people will lose money in the long run, because they are inexperienced with trading and crypto is a high risk high reward market. the people that benefit the most from the market are already rich, because they can afford to throw a large sum of money at a random shitcoin and forget about it for a while. the whole market is an unregulated gamma mess and filled with greed and repulsive people, but there are some really promising projects out there, and they can help me finance my socionics projects, because my idiotic country doesn't support unconventional ideas.

I'm holding BTC, ETH, RLC, LINK, SCRT and XMR. have been researching these projects for years now and applied socionics to type the teams and evaluate the projects.
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I was? I thought I was saying that people who can’t read are probably not going to be saved by a currency that requires computing machinery for its use and existence.

How do you get “virtue signaling” from that?
    because you were referring to "poor disenfranchised ppl", thats like dog whistling to Fi ego types.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cryptocurrency is something that will soon take center stage in the financial market. And it's stupid not to notice the obvious fact. And it consists of the fact that cryptocurrency already has a huge influence all over the world. And I agree with the guy who says that investments are necessary for financial stability. I am investing fixed assets in a bitcoin ira, and since the beginning of my investment, the money I have invested has increased 20 times! I think it's pointless to explain further why many banks deny cryptocurrency as something natural and durable.
    Last edited by Seryname; 02-18-2022 at 08:33 PM.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

They need to release Bytecoin to supercede Bitcoin

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Monero seems good.

Bruh, cryptos still seem a fraud to me. Like, you can’t attribute a real value to something that is not real. Maybe, I’m old and ignorant, but I still think it’s better to invest in real estate, gold, or, what is even more significant now, dehydrated and canned food. It has more value than millions that are no one knows where. If it’s true that you can buy real estate for cryptos, like these guys offer https://www.xerof.com, do it. The economy is now quite shell-shocked, and I think nobody’s going to need cryptos in a couple of years. Good luck!
    Last edited by Dinnyrishell; 04-04-2022 at 12:03 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Incredible report from @ReutersTech about how @binance, the world's largest crypto exchange, betrayed the trust of millions of Russians and agreed to share client data with state regulators targeting Navalny’s supporters.

https://www.reuters.com/technology/h...cy-2022-04-22/

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are suggestions that Russia could use cryptocurrencies to circumvent sanctions. But, as I've gathered, the crypto. market isn't large enough to absorb the inflows/outflows of a 1.5 trillion dollar economy.

DISCLAIMER: I'm an engineer, not an economist—consult a real expert.
    Last edited by xerx; 04-23-2022 at 09:26 PM. Reason: .

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    There are suggestions that Russia could use cryptocurrencies to circumvent sanctions. But, as I've gathered, the crypto. market isn't large enough to absorb the inflows/outflows of a 1.5 trillion dollar economy.

DISCLAIMER: I'm an engineer, not an economist—consult a real expert.
    money is an empty vessel that gets bigger the more value you pour

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

El Salvador's Bitcoin experiment (making Bitcoin an official currency) isn't doing too well.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/...ukraine-2022-5

Bloomberg data shows that yields on El Salvador's conventional bonds have fallen further than every other nation except those of war-torn Ukraine.
    Damn, son.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    El Salvador's Bitcoin experiment (making Bitcoin an official currency) isn't doing too well.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/...ukraine-2022-5

Damn, son.
    Now, if they had made shoe umbrellas their national currency, they wouldn’t be having this problem.

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://gizmodo.com/warren-buffett-a...alu-1848866967

Warren Buffett Says He Wouldn't Take All the Bitcoin in the World for $25

"Assets, to have value, they have to deliver something to somebody."
    Ouch.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with him. It's too fringe to be mainstream.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cryptocurrencies attract the day trading commodities crowd because that is what they are. The volatility especially allows for great returns or losses. I have made money and traded them for a while but I never put more than 5% of my portfolio in Cryptos. It's pure entertainment/gambling, and a risky play. Bitcoin has value but not as an investment vehicle, Buffet is not wrong, especially for someone who doesn't invest in commodities directly like Buffet. He invests in companies, not products. For a value investor, there isn't an attractive company at the moment that is worth investing in, in that space. You would need actual returns on the balance sheet for that to happen. Even if there was a company that had that potential Buffet wouldn't know it, he didn't invest in Microsoft or Apple or any of the tech giants until very recently. He said the same thing about these companies and simply missed the boat. I say this as someone who likes Buffet: he has no business talking about Bitcoin, it's not his wheelhouse.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mostly a ponzi scheme. People hype crypto and especially bitcoin mostly because the more people believe and participate in the scheme, the more the apparent value of the currency they already own rises. Everyone invested in it has an interest in being dishonest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While traders in any financial market are aware of the potential dangers of slippage, they’re especially aware of these risks in crypto markets.

TIM
    INTJ + ILI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see the cryptos as a great tool like vice grips. They have a purpose and can be used a number of ways.

Except you don't own them. You are paying to lease them. And the person you are paying can disappear, go broke, or go to jail or otherwise we barred from contact with you.

In addition, these vice grips are in competition with the new and improved swiss army knife vice grips the govt produces and just because theirs are made of cheap plastic, that doesn't mean they will let you use your own. They control trade and can take your tools at gun point or by cutting off your access.

So, I like cryptos. As a tool, they have a purpose. Long term, there is no good plan to keep from losing though which makes them a bad *investment* by default. Cash flow or other models are different than an investment.

Which brings us to the bigger issue:

Unless one has all the buying power they need to be totally self sufficient or independently economically sound, they should not be investing. That's asking for disaster.

I would focus on being flush before putting out resources to lose.

That's when you find a bird in hand is worth 2 in the bush.

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surprised it isn't outlawed yet. Bitcoin seems like something meant to appeal to rich intuitive people. I've only met other intuitive people interested in it and sensing people more often than not reject it completely. It probably has to do with that that it's a conceptual currency like something in a video game or VR.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ocean Man View Post
    Surprised it isn't outlawed yet. Bitcoin seems like something meant to appeal to rich intuitive people. I've only met other intuitive people interested in it and sensing people more often than not reject it completely. It probably has to do with that that it's a conceptual currency like something in a video game or VR.
    I met with sensors who is into crypto, everyone can be into something, their reasons will likely to be different.

Banned
    TIM
    ILI-DC™
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    I met with sensors who is into crypto, everyone can be into something, their reasons will likely to be different.
    Yeah, I know that. I was simply making an observation, your Ni mobilizer sure is weird. I guess it's just another case of the Benefactor looking down on the Beneficiary.

Personally, I think it can be risky to invest a significant amount of money in something that has the potential to lose a large portion of its value. That being said, I can understand the appeal of wanting to get in on the action and potentially make some money through trading. If you do decide to get involved in cryptocurrency, it might be wise to consider a more cautious approach and not put all of your eggs in one basket.
    Have you looked into the option for free Bitcoin mining? It's a way to potentially earn Bitcoin by using your computer's processing power to help verify transactions and secure the network.
    Last edited by OlenyaSraku; 01-04-2023 at 01:10 PM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not interested in it, and I will not take any risks because the result is unknown and not guaranteed.

Even if I tried, it would be for a small amount

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123