Suggestions / experiences?

Covey's 7 Habits come to mind, and I think that is really what it's about. I'm setting up my day so that I get all my work done, with time at the end of the day to let Ne wander and stuff.

wake up at 7:30
classes (basically) from 8
schoolwork/study and classes 8-6pm

So I have about 6 hrs of free time every day. I like having a good lunch. so I might push it back to 7 pm and take a whole hour off for lunch, but that is relative and contingent I suppose.

But I think 8-6, or that general nature is pretty good, eh?
That's kind of like real life, having a job, right? (the hours)

I am curious to see of others need more frequent breaks, or if it is better to just get everything out of the way first. I would really, really, really like to have all my work done for the day by 6-8pm, because that way the last 4 or so hours of the day could be completely to myself -- and "my time" ( ) is very important. I need to balance school (obviously) with free time. Not free as in, I get to have fun, but free as in "I get to think about what I want to think about", or my various other projects.

I'm also trying to find a major that "is" what I want to be thinking about, but I'm not sure yet. .. or, if, really, I just am approaching my own studies inapprorpiately. As in, the major isn't the problem, but my approach is.

Any thoughts, experiences, comments, are welcome