Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delta anecdotes

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The following has happened almost verbatim at least once and the general pattern many times:

Me: I need to solve this problem and I'm researching solutions and there is so much data and my brain is melting and I just want to hide and snuggle my dog. *sad face*
    LSE: What are you trying to figure out?
    Me: *explains*
    LSE: Do you mind if I look into this a little?
    Me: Yes, please!

A few days later:

LSE: So I spent several hours the last couple of days researching this and there is a LOT of information. I didn't finish in one day because my brain needed time to process everything I was reading. There's actually a lot more to learn, but for now here are two or three options that I think would work for you and your situation.
    Me: *looks at list* Why did you select this one? And this one? What about [sub-problem]?
    LSE: *takes a little bit too long to explain each one*
    Me: *mostly patiently listens, asks targeted questions because too many and we might miss a meal and I like not being hangry*
    LSE: I think this particular combination of options will be easiest for you to implement and give you the most useful results.
    Me: Can I keep you forever?
    LSE: Yes, please!

A few days later:

LSE: How is it working for you? Are you finding the process cumbersome?
    Me: Um, I've only been trying it for a little so I don't know yet. I think it's ok?
    LSE: Ok, just let me know. We can adjust as needed. I'm happy to help.
    Me: Thank you! This is so useful to me!
    LSE: *glows*

---------------------------------------

Sociotype comparisons as it pertains to the above type of helpfulness:
    - LIEs can be helpful in data processing, but they tend to do best in the moment and don't often do a lot of follow-up. It's like as long as it's in front of their face they're all over it, but if something else presses in then the former thing fades away. In the moment, their advice can be super spot on (for me).
    - ESEs will try to be helpful with providing data+advice and they'll spend hours on it and go quite deep, but the organization of their thoughts can be a little bit chaotic and it requires some interpretation and rearranging and value-placing by the receiver of the help. They are usually willing to spend lots of time and do follow-up.
    - LSEs combine the best parts (to me) of both of those. A drawback is that doing in-depth, quality data processing takes a lot of time and that can take away from other things + wear them out. Also, people can abuse that aspect of good-natured LSEs, which can hurt them and leave them a bit jaded. I've found hugs (if the relationship includes those), verbal appreciation, and using at least part of the LSE's suggestions will go a long way toward making their efforts worth it to them.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Minde View Post

LSE: How is it working for you? Are you finding the process cumbersome?
    Me: Um, I've only been trying it for a little so I don't know yet. I think it's ok?
    LSE: Ok, just let me know. We can adjust as needed. I'm happy to help.
    Me: Thank you! This is so useful to me!
    LSE: *glows*

Yes. This is spot on lol. Them wanting to know if their solution helped improve your life some how lol. With alittle bit of an eog attachment to it lol.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The book The 5 Second rule by Mel Robbins, is written by a LSE. And the last 2 chapters of the book are all about Fi Dual Seeking. She talks about being authentic with yourself, getting real in your relationships, and not shying away from saying whats on your heart. And when she talks about he personal stories or that of others that is when her words hit me the most. In the audiobook verison she talks about a boy who was not afraid of his mothers emotions, and how "He sat and just listened to her like a human being." She read a simple heartfelt text the boy sent to his mother before he died, and she cried as she read it, and she cried as she said the words "Leave nothing important un-said." I could not interpret this as anything but Fi Dual seeking, the priority placed on intimacy and the bond you have with others, and being real and saying whats reall yon your heart. It's like those simple sentimental gestures of genuine affection in the movies, where someone hesitantly grabs a crushes hand with their pinky finger. Or the hero saying his last inside joke to a close friend before he sacrifices him self. That seems very Delta to me, like delta quadra intimacy, who knows though. But this LSE woman seems to be in tune with that sort of thing, the simple heartfelt moments of intimacy and as an EII it's sort shatters some stereotypes for me, because I definitely did not think that was the case, I used to think it was just a me thing before I started thinking it was a romantic feeler thing in general. I guess I was wrong.

There is an area in the book where she says "You procrastinate because you are stressed, give yourself a break and get back to it." This seemed to take a huge load off my shoulders, like, I'm not inherently born lazy, I procrastinate because I am stressed thank God there is an answer for this horrible thing, but at the same time I sort of knew I procrastinated because I am stressed I just thought it was some dirty secret I had that other's did not experience because my mind likes to tell me everyone else on the face of the earth is more responsible than me and does not fall victim to procrastination or lack of productivity like I do, which is not true, but she sort of took the personal burden off me by providing sort of a general, removed-from myself and my flaws, rule, saying people in general procrastinate when stressed, this really soothed my soul to hear , and having a solution to the problem was also soul-soothing, " I am not a wreck, my life is not an unsolvable mess." lol.
    Last edited by Lord Pixel; 08-31-2018 at 06:45 PM.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE, who doesn't know anything about socionics, had an epiphany and shared it with me. We were talking about variety and change and flexibility. He observed that I enjoy variety in single-point, experiential things, like new restaurants and travel. But I have a difficult time with structural change, like moving or doing daily routines differently. Once I get used to a way of being it's hard for me to move into a new one.

In contrast, he doesn't have as much of a problem changing up structural things, especially if it's in the interest of improvement. He emphasized that he doesn't alter fundamental parts of his life just for fun. But stopping/starting routines is pretty doable. And when it comes to experiential variety, he likes that overall but it isn't as important to him as it is to me. He's content to eat the same exact thing for lunch almost every day and visit the same restaurants. He said that's largely for efficiency's sake; he knows how long it'll take to do the familiar things, so it's easy to plan around them.

So, I'm +IJ and he's -polr + dynamic.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's content to eat the same exact thing for lunch almost every day and visit the same restaurants. He said that's largely for efficiency's sake; he knows how long it'll take to do the familiar things, so it's easy to plan around them.
    Sounds hella boring

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Danali View Post
    Sounds hella boring

You wouldn’t think so if you saw those restaurants.

They strip you naked, give you a spear, and throw you in a room with a lion. One of you has lunch.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LSE, who doesn't know anything about socionics, had an epiphany and shared it with me. We were talking about variety and change and flexibility. He observed that I enjoy variety in single-point, experiential things, like new restaurants and travel. But I have a difficult time with structural change, like moving or doing daily routines differently. Once I get used to a way of being it's hard for me to move into a new one.

In contrast, he doesn't have as much of a problem changing up structural things, especially if it's in the interest of improvement. He emphasized that he doesn't alter fundamental parts of his life just for fun. But stopping/starting routines is pretty doable. And when it comes to experiential variety, he likes that overall but it isn't as important to him as it is to me. He's content to eat the same exact thing for lunch almost every day and visit the same restaurants. He said that's largely for efficiency's sake; he knows how long it'll take to do the familiar things, so it's easy to plan around them.

So, I'm +IJ and he's -polr + dynamic.
    I also do this (what your LSE example does), because it does help you plan your time.

After I started bringing my lunches in with me to college/work/wherever, people started to ask jokingly if it was a pbj, which of course it always was, as they are very cheap and quick to make. Maybe it's a delta ST trait.

Sounds hella boring
    This is a very constructive comment, thank you for your input.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

its more constructive than you seem to realize

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    its more constructive than you seem to realize
    Implying that certain types from certain quadras find other certain types from other quadras boring? Yes, very interesting.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

you use language that seemingly diminishes the impact as if there were nothing there, but rewording it in that way shows you don't get it

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It's amazing how you decided to just blandly troll a thread continually, rather than just describing your perceived significance of a comment.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

you're doing it again!

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chakram View Post
    This is a very constructive comment, thank you for your input.

In true delta fashion.

Anyway, thank you very much, I'll be sure to @ you next time so you don't miss out on any in the future.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds hella boring
    I think so, too, lol. He doesn't fuss when I suggest new places to go together, and as long as he doesn't try to stop me from having all the lunches under the sun, if he wants to keep eating the same things he's welcome to. I do think variety might be better for his overall diet/health, but that's a choice he can make.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakram View Post
    I also do this (what your LSE example does), because it does help you plan your time.

After I started bringing my lunches in with me to college/work/wherever, people started to ask jokingly if it was a pbj, which of course it always was, as they are very cheap and quick to make. Maybe it's a delta ST trait.
    It's possible, I suppose, though I would like to offer the standard caveat that the reason(s) behind the behavior is more likely type-related than the behavior itself. My mother is (probably) LSE and she tends toward sameness in her food choices. But, like this other LSE, she doesn't at all mind when I introduce new things. In fact, she often really likes it. But, yeah, from what I can tell her non-variety is for the sake of efficiency overall.

@Director Abbie, @Sol, @UDP - As the resident LSEs that I know off the top of my head: Do you eat the same lunches everyday, provided it's an average day with nothing special going on? Or, put another way, do you relate at all to the above?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@Director Abbie, @Sol, @UDP - As the resident LSEs
    shh, I'm IEI under cover

> Do you eat the same lunches everyday, provided it's an average day with nothing special going on?

I prefer to have the difference between days. Though between weeks there mb not much difference. I may try new and experiment on Sundays for the fun.
    At now I'm on weight reduction limitations and eat rather similar for everday. With small variety like to eat different kinds of fish conserves. The same meal I've chosen is not boring for me, partly because I'm close to feel hungry.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Do you eat the same lunches everyday, provided it's an average day with nothing special going on? Or, put another way, do you relate at all to the above?
    I have before. When I was in 7th grade I was homeschooled, so I always had a burrito with beans and mozzarella...and I think I started adding sour cream at some point.

Now I work through lunch. Or I get what I can find. But I don't like the same thing more than two days in a row. If I have like three or four things I can choose between, that's better.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I eat the same thing pretty often, and for efficiency sake. To me sometimes it's like, I am hungry, that's a problem, how do I solve this problem, let me get the thing that is quick and always satisfies my hunger. McChicken sandwich LOL!

I also like to try new foods for trying new foods sake but nothing too strange. But if I am hungry though I usually have a crave for something specific which is something I have gotten countless times in the past, and if I try something new in those moments I usually regret it.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE friend is trying to convince me to let him stay at my house for 6 months. I feel bad for his situation but don't want him to stay with me, I went in circles explaining why, we get my LSE friend on a 3 way cal and he says " Lord Pixel is too timid to say this but the answer is hell no." I didn't like him calling me timid but whatever, it was funny lol and he took a weight of my shoulders and made it seem ok to be blunt. And I told my friend hell no lol. This situation was alot like how Gulenko describes duals coming in handy in problem situations.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delta ST: Kindness... kindness I can get behind. I can make it a goal. Niceness... niceness makes me want to vomit.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think so, too, lol. He doesn't fuss when I suggest new places to go together, and as long as he doesn't try to stop me from having all the lunches under the sun, if he wants to keep eating the same things he's welcome to. I do think variety might be better for his overall diet/health, but that's a choice he can make.

It's possible, I suppose, though I would like to offer the standard caveat that the reason(s) behind the behavior is more likely type-related than the behavior itself. My mother is (probably) LSE and she tends toward sameness in her food choices. But, like this other LSE, she doesn't at all mind when I introduce new things. In fact, she often really likes it. But, yeah, from what I can tell her non-variety is for the sake of efficiency overall.

@Director Abbie, @Sol, @UDP - As the resident LSEs that I know off the top of my head: Do you eat the same lunches everyday, provided it's an average day with nothing special going on? Or, put another way, do you relate at all to the above?

I have a blended mixture of variety and consistency. The more consistency the more efficiency or less thought I have to put into stuff, and is better for meal prepping or whatever. There are certain things I know my body consistently wants. I've kind of come to understand what the general range of necessity vs exploration is.

I don't mind variety or introductions. A delta NF I've known for many years tends to introduce a lot of new things to me and I tend to pick and choose some of them to continually refine over time.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delta ST: Kindness... kindness I can get behind. I can make it a goal. Niceness... niceness makes me want to vomit.
    niceness as in emotional contrivedness for a purpose? mm
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EII: I like doing life with you - the mundane and the exciting...
    LSE: Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE: Hard work, that's how I win. I outwork everyone.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Female LSE, to/about a male LSE: He's like a man should be.

Edit: I gotta admit, this LSE is actually pretty great as both a person and a man. Not perfect, but a good one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12