Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Your Color Palette & Body Type.

TIM
    SEI-Si 648 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think I am a cool winter. I mostly wear dark colors like black, dark blue, dark green, and dark purple. I didn't do this on purpose. You can look in your closet to see what colors you wear most and can find out which one you are.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I spent some time studying color analysis but struggled to find my season. I eventually realized there isn't one that captures the tonal combination of Cool, Muted, and Deep which I've taken to calling "Dark Summer".

To date, I'm not entirely sure how the system explains this omission as well as the omission of Cool+Clear+Light (Pale Winter?), Warm+Muted+Light (Pale Autumn?), and Warm+Bright+Deep (Dark Spring?).

In practice, I find that I can borrow from parts of Summer, Autumn, and Winter but there are also large swaths of those seasons that look terrible on me. So I'm ultimately not comfortable classifying myself as any one of them.

If anyone knows why these combinations were left out in the metaphorical cold, I'd love to hear about it.

TIM
    4 sx
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm a warm spring

TIM
    4 sx
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is supposed to be true. I looked into this stuff before, and people unconsciously often select colors that look on them. Hearing a consistent color mentioned as looking good on you helps too of course
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkcanary View Post
    I think I am a cool winter. I mostly wear dark colors like black, dark blue, dark green, and dark purple. I didn't do this on purpose. You can look in your closet to see what colors you wear most and can find out which one you are.

Hm I might actually be cool or clear winter.

I do love wearing brighter gem-like blues and greens pretty often. And black

TIM
    4 sx
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love wearing black and unfortunately my stupid ass has a white dog that sheds like crazy.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    820 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bouncingoffclouds View Post
    I love wearing black and unfortunately my stupid ass has a white dog that sheds like crazy.
    Get a white poodle. They don't shed, since they have hair rather than fur.

Downside: You have to give them regular haircuts or they turn into hairballs.

Upside: You can give them outrageous haircuts. But be careful. They are smart enough to know when they look ridiculous.

TIM
    4 sx
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, yeah poodles are very smart. I think they are fairly chill as well, don't need a ton of activity? Maybe I'm wrong on that. Unfortunately, my dog and I are rather attached to each other which is part of what has kept me in my current living situation longer than I'd like as she loves this house, has a dog door, loves the other people here, etc. etc. Going to get an apartment again soon and having a bit of a dilemma regarding that... I've gone off track in regards to this convo topic though : p

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Get a white poodle. They don't shed, since they have hair rather than fur.

Downside: You have to give them regular haircuts or they turn into hairballs.

Upside: You can give them outrageous haircuts. But be careful. They are smart enough to know when they look ridiculous.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    820 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bouncingoffclouds View Post
    Lol, yeah poodles are very smart. I think they are fairly chill as well, don't need a ton of activity? Maybe I'm wrong on that. Unfortunately, my dog and I are rather attached to each other which is part of what has kept me in my current living situation longer than I'd like as she loves this house, has a dog door, loves the other people here, etc. etc. Going to get an apartment again soon and having a bit of a dilemma regarding that... I've gone off track in regards to this convo topic though : p
    I don't know how much activity a Poodle needs. He and I would go for walks every day after I got home from school, and we both really enjoyed them, but I don't know if Poodles actually need walks any more than people do.

And yes, he was really smart.

TIM
    SEE-Fi sx/sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick glance at this, and I'm True/Dark Autumn. Dark brown hair, brown eyes, and yellow-ish skintone.

VK8cb5p.jpg

And looking at my wardrobe, it fits too... My jackets are dark indigo, olive, and dark fuchsia, which are all included here, and the colours of pants I have/used to have are olive, that third orange in the bottom row, and again, dark fuchsia... Lol. I didn't realize I'd fit so exactly in this. The left side of this palette also looks like the makeup palette I use... I guess I just know what looks good on me
    Last edited by voider; 01-06-2020 at 03:18 PM.

Not happy. Maybe grumpy. DropDeadRed's Avatar
    TIM
    1w9 sp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did that with a professional, but she didn't go into details (fast group learning), and so I'm skeptic of the results.

She said I was autumn, and maybe, but really not dark autumn, I actually relate more to light spring, and some autumn.

Definitely warm palette, gold is my savior to wear black, and a white shirt + silver makes me look like a corpse.

Orange/coral/peach/ivory for my make-up works fine, brown eyeliner or mascara (blue eyes).

I'm more a rectangle body type, on the X side. Square traits so I should wear rounder glasses.

It was interesting and it's useful knowledge to have. It goes with non verbal communication. It's also nice to look at your advantage (for yourself as well).

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789