Thread: Ignoring Fcn Stories (Model A)

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ignoring Fcn Stories (Model A)

Do you have any tales about your ignoring function? Post here.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine is Se.

Exerting force assertively on my environment and others has been something I generally avoid.

When I was 8, my family and friends were dining in an upscale restaurant. When the food came, I noticed I did not have a fork. I looked around the table and did not see an extra one. So I sat quietly and waited for someone to notice and give me one. Others at the table instead decided to pressure me asking why I was not eating. This frustrated me because all they had to do was be observant and it would be obvious. I avoided the questions. The pressure mounted until eventually I broke down in tears before reluctantly giving a response. My family still recounts the story. They ask why and I said I didn't want to bother anybody. Even in my 20s, when dining out I would not ask for anything out of turn no matter what the situation. If more utensils were needed I would grab them from another unseated set table. It wasn't until I was in my 30s that I would feel ok enough to ask for things like an alternative sauce or vegetable out of turn. I spent years struggling with lack of assertiveness and still struggle a bit when it is necessary in everyday life. There have been many confrontations too where I choose not to fight. I just can't. I am utterly convinced it is the higher road.

Another form of Se is sports. I was awesome at dance but terrible at most sports. Gym class was normally a nightmare. I was also one of those kids normally picked last for the team. The only exceptions were volleyball and floor hockey. I was ok at those.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...