Thread: All or Nothing Personality

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default All or Nothing Personality

Do you think you have this kind of personality?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/beckycather...nothing-person

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...g-anxiety-trap

What types do you think usually possess this kind of personality? 🤔

Or is this even socionic related?

I'm damn fukin guilty of this. (´;ω;`)

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I am all or nothing with food lol, I pretty much try to abstain from eating unless I am noticeably hungry, and then once I eat I try to eat as much as possible so that I don't have to eat again. I hate having food on my mind so it's easier to just eat everything at once

I approach cleaning and general work and organization with all or nothing behaviour as well.

Socionics wise I always thought that PoLR and Suggestive functions might tend towards all or nothing.. a function abstained from being used until breaking point when it might be dramatically overused for a short while.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Sx usually. Well with relationships in particular.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Strangely relatable. And I agree, SX makes the difference. E8 or E7 generally have this drive, too.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't have the personality per se but with some things I can be like this. Generally I'm a Nothing or Nothing type of guy. Honestly, despite my Fe- I am a broody cynical straight man in need of a very feminine and sweet/hopeful woman to breathe life back into me.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Most certainly socionics related... as described in the article, it's Se. Extremeness and excessiveness, as opposed to balance (Si). Types with valued Se (other than suggestive) will relate the most.

Being all or nothing in other cases may have more to do with Ti (consistency instead of excess).

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Most certainly socionics related... as described in the article, it's Se. Extremeness and excessiveness, as opposed to balance (Si). Types with valued Se (other than suggestive) will relate the most.

Being all or nothing in other cases may have more to do with Ti (consistency instead of excess).
    Agreed. Being SX last and Se PoLR, I try to avoid excesses and extremes. I strive for stability instead as well as consistency. It probably makes me a bit boring to some but I have managed to stay out of major trouble most of the time.

The exception is that I can be rather obsessed with certain ideals of how things should be. Also if I become interested in a topic, I want to devour everything about it.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was like that growing up. Not enough stability and when I was young I tended to trust adults more, which sucks as a child because they are impressionable and don't know any better. They could mistake abuse as love and what not.