Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 81 to 94 of 94

Thread: Realistic examples of Ti

  1. #81
    Shapeless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    Weak if it concers other people or weak if it concers the environment, according to my understanding
    How and why?

  2. #82
    WinnieW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    1,571
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Strong & weak is not considering the individuel emotional state of other people around you. They don't react in a way that is plausible to you.
    Strong & weak is when you expect that changes in your environment take place in a way that is understandable to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shapeless View Post
    How and why?
    Realistic example for (use of) Ti, btw.

  3. #83
    Shapeless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    Strong & weak is not considering the individuel emotional state of other people around you. They don't react in a way that is plausible to you.
    Strong & weak is when you expect that changes in your environment take place in a way that is understandable to you.
    Oh ok so you are relating all to Ti.

    What happens to me is that I imagine actions in different real contexts, to 'prove' that the point of my interlocutor is wrong, or has to be refined. I've associated that with Ti in the past, but now I'm not so sure.

  4. #84
    a two horned unicorn renegade COVID 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    sniffing your butt
    TIM
    ILE-α/H, LEVF
    Posts
    5,377
    Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    In Gulenko's cognitive styles context thinking is holographic panoramic thing. I think it is extremely LII.

    It would be stripping down from situational standpoint.

    I think situations only when it fits in. I start with cause effect. You could sum situation as part of the picture but I prefer to detach from it and be general.
    Measuring you right now

    Winning is for losers

  5. #85
    WinnieW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    1,571
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    *

  6. #86
    WinnieW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    TIM
    LII-Ne
    Posts
    1,571
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shapeless View Post
    ...I imagine actions in different real contexts...


    Quote Originally Posted by Shapeless View Post
    ...to 'prove' that the point of my interlocutor is wrong, or has to be refined.

  7. #87
    Shapeless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    In Gulenko's cognitive styles context thinking is holographic panoramic thing. I think it is extremely LII.

    It would be stripping down from situational standpoint.

    I think situations only when it fits in. I start with cause effect. You could sum situation as part of the picture but I prefer to detach from it and be general.
    When I'm too much general people just start at look me in a weird way

    Anyway, descriptions of cognitive styles of Gulenko is a little bit weird from what I'm reading.

    If I have to go by descriptions, Ti could be DA too (if... then... statements). :/
    @WinnieW ty for explanations!

  8. #88
    ouronis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Posts
    1,632
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shapeless View Post
    I have the same problem imagining different contexts in which the situation could play out differently. IDK if this is Ti IMO.
    That's not really the problem...it's getting it into a form the audience is likely to be familiar with but not biased against and paring down to the simplest way I can think of to explain it.

  9. #89
    Shapeless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ouronis View Post
    That's not really the problem...it's getting it into a form the audience is likely to be familiar with but not biased against and paring down to the simplest way I can think of to explain it.
    Real objects involved explanations, and you will go ok

  10. #90
    ouronis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Posts
    1,632
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shapeless View Post
    Real objects involved explanations, and you will go ok
    A luxury you don't always have unfortunately, when you're arguing probabilities and strategy.

  11. #91
    idontgiveaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,873
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Yes, foresight is knowing the consequences that will result from an action. It makes no difference whether it is "common sense" or not - everyone has some basic level of Ni that they use.
    So really.. Really that's Ni? Hmmm.. Really?!!!! It's like i just predicted what's obvious. lol

    Is that Ni really? It's so effortless lol.

  12. #92
    both sides, now wacey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    TIM
    9w8
    Posts
    3,523
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Everytime you make a system of relation between two objects. Objects being anything from two actual objects to two ideas. Its interchangable. "The train is a speeding bullet", for example. You are creating the relation between the train and the speed of a bullet. This could be a formalized format, like the sciences that compares and contrasts every detail. It could be personalized system of relation building. For instance "all dogs need three things, exercise, discipline, affection."

    Beta STs use it to create common sense outlooks and alphas use it to create "adam ruins everything."

  13. #93
    thehotelambush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    TIM
    LII
    Posts
    8,112
    Mentioned
    288 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by idontgiveaf View Post
    So really.. Really that's Ni? Hmmm.. Really?!!!! It's like i just predicted what's obvious. lol

    Is that Ni really? It's so effortless lol.
    Other examples of Ni require more effort. Like, figuring out your purpose in life.

    Back to Ti: Ti ego types will often have theories or principles about practical topics. An ILE friend of mine is of the opinion that changing foreign place names to English versions is unnecessary/wrong, and we should just try to pronounce the original names. E.g., Lisbon for Lisboa in Portugal. It's not even hard to pronounce, so why change it? I asked him "so what about when it is hard to pronounce?" He replied, "then you just mess it up" This is a practical example of a principle. He has theories about women also, for example.

  14. #94
    idontgiveaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,873
    Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Other examples of Ni require more effort. Like, figuring out your purpose in life.

    Back to Ti: Ti ego types will often have theories or principles about practical topics. An ILE friend of mine is of the opinion that changing foreign place names to English versions is unnecessary/wrong, and we should just try to pronounce the original names. E.g., Lisbon for Lisboa in Portugal. It's not even hard to pronounce, so why change it? I asked him "so what about when it is hard to pronounce?" He replied, "then you just mess it up" This is a practical example of a principle. He has theories about women also, for example.
    Well, i agree with your friend actually.

    My purpose in life, it's already set actually. It's just hard to make.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •