Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Socionics For Dummies

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I bet Si lead women are the most in tune with their periods.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    I bet Si lead women are the most in tune with their periods.
    and Ni leads are in tune with the moon cycles.

The moon is a feminine symbol, universally representing the rhythm of time as it embodies the cycle. The phases of the moon symbolize immortality and eternity, enlightenment or the dark side of Nature herself. It might reflect inner knowledge, or the phases of man's condition on earth, since it controls the tides, the rains, the waters, and the seasons. It is the middle ground between the light of the sun and the darkness of night, and thus often represents the realm between the conscious and the unconscious. In astrology, the moon is a symbol of the soul, and in the horoscope it determines the subject's capacity for reflection and adaptation. It also provides analogy for the stages of human development: the new moon is infancy, the crescent is youth and adolescence, the full moon is maturity and pregnancy, and the waning moon represents the decline of life, sleep.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Default Se/Ni Duality

Ideally, an Ni lead looks at the chessboard of life and determines the best moves, and the Se lead moves the chess pieces for them.

On their own, an Ni lead usually sees some good strategy or plan of action, but may feel like their hand is too weak to make the move.

This can conjure up a feeling of helplessness and weakness, which at the worst makes the Ni lead close their eyes and step away from the chessboard, away from the game of life.

P.S: This dynamic applies the best to IxI-Ni + SxE-Se Duality, and to a lesser extent to the other Se/Ni matches.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

The magic of Socionics can make a human which is objectively weird in something to become there assured and think himself there kind of expert. Just mistype someone.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just because socionics is a good hammer doesn't mean the whole world is made of nails.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sindri View Post
    Just because socionics is a good hammer doesn't mean the whole world is made of nails.
    Uwotm8

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Just because besides the hammer of socionics the world also has screwdrivers of important non-types factors does not mean the hammer is useless.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Olimpia you still never answered my question.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

SEI confirmed.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by starrangel View Post
    I want to hear more about this Fi ego gay male(s) olimpia clashed with. I want the juicy details not just a girly 'hehe they weren't alpha male enough for me' that you always pull cuz yeah duh I already get that.

But details is Te, right?

Yours Truly,
    An easily butthurt Faux fi ego gay male in training
    Quote Originally Posted by starrangel View Post
    Olimpia you still never answered my question.
    Okay, coming back to this question.

I am not sure how to answer this one, because I've never really "clashed" with Fi ego gay male(s) specifically before.

Gay men usually either leave me alone or are polite but distant or are friendly with me.

*********** 21-04-19:

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

There is no such thing as wrong type cause all types are equal.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

A 9 fix can make someone act pseudo-victim without being so, and an 8 fix can make someone act pseudo-aggressor without being so.
    No matter whether they even value Se/Ni or not.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Default 1D Fi and Asshole-ry

1D Fi often tends to act like an asshole, in general, no matter whether Seeking or PoLR.
    The Fi seekers wanna be put into the(ir) right Fi place (usually unconsciously), the PoLR ones don't. That's the difference.

Fi seekers often act asshole-ish on purpose with that unconscious desire for someone to correct their moral blunders. Fi PoLR are rarely assholes like that on purpose (whenever they are it's rather accidental or unintentional) and they'll be upset if you try to correct them.

For example, my LSE father sometimes makes morally inappropriate jokes on purpose and gets a weird kick out of someone getting upset and trying to morally correct him about it. And he can get weirdly tender if someone tells him how he's acted wrongly at times during being an asshole.

An xLE would react the opposite. He'd be upset or bothered if you got upset and tried to correct them.

With some LIEs I see them trying to push back against certain moral correction with their Se HA (which can seem like unvalued Fi superficially) sometimes, but secretly they love and seek out the exchange, like Ben Shapiro. An xLE would never willingly subject themselves to moral debates like he does.
    Last edited by Olimpia; 04-05-2018 at 06:14 AM.

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

1D Fi often tends to act like an asshole, in general, no matter whether Seeking or PoLR.
    The Fi seekers wanna be put into the(ir) right Fi place (usually unconsciously), the PoLR ones don't. That's the difference.

Fi seekers often act asshole-ish on purpose with that unconscious desire for someone to correct their moral blunders. Fi PoLR are rarely assholes like that on purpose (whenever they are it's rather accidental or unintentional) and they'll be upset if you try to correct them.

For example, my LSE father sometimes makes morally inappropriate jokes on purpose and gets a weird kick out of someone getting upset and trying to morally correct him about it. And he can get weirdly tender if someone tells him how he's acted wrongly at times during being an asshole.

An xLE would react the opposite. He'd be upset or bothered if you got upset and tried to correct them.

With some LIEs I see them trying to push back against certain moral correction with their Se HA (which can seem like unvalued Fi superficially) sometimes, but secretly they love and seek out the exchange, like Ben Shapiro. An xLE would never willingly subject themselves to moral debates like he does.
    Cool story brrrrruh

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    Cool story brrrrruh
    Ikr

*********** 21-04-19:

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Fi seekers often act asshole-ish
    in the eyes of Ti seekers

base Te prefer to be polite. such to not reduce sympathy (Fi) from others and not provoke annoying Fe near
    some exclusion is where they feel themselves "on the duty crusade" - there concentrate on T (main social role) by the cost of ejecting F, so become blind to emotions own and of others

> Fi PoLR are rarely assholes like that on purpose

superego is the most problematic region - people are weak and don't like to study

> And he can get weirdly tender if someone tells him how he's acted wrongly at times during being an asshole.

not someone. only if that other is perceived as good and friendly person. though base Te may accept an opinion unconsciously

A 9 fix can make someone act pseudo-victim without being so
    It's good way to return their favour after they were offenced and stoped normal communication. If you say them "sorry" - they forgive you much easier.
    (longer variant)
    Last edited by Sol; 04-05-2018 at 05:40 PM.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think I'm 9 then, if that's the case. I can definitely relate to that description, at least in terms of the general themes; I can be upset with somebody but if they just apologize I can't stay mad anymore. I'd just feel bad to keep up the hostility after that.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mio Q View Post
    I think I'm 9 then, if that's the case. I can definitely relate to that description, at least in terms of the general themes; I can be upset with somebody but if they just apologize I can't stay mad anymore. I'd just feel bad to keep up the hostility after that.
    welcome

my is E-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find myself relating to the 9 description as well.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you think there are 60+ genders, good chance you're not going to like socionics.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Type 9 makes any ITR better – on the surface.

"Wow, this interaction is so harmonious, they are so accepting of me, this is great."

Some time later, the 9 disappears from your life (more likely if w1) or explodes (more likely if w8).

And then you are like "Oops. My mistake."

P.S: This applies best to core, but can also apply to fix.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Type 9 makes any ITR better – on the surface.

"Wow, this interaction is so harmonious, they are so accepting of me, this is great."

Some time later, the 9 disappears from your life (more likely if w1) or explodes (more likely if w8).

And then you are like "Oops. My mistake."

P.S: This applies best to core, but can also apply to fix.
    On the flip side, it looks like Type 8 makes any ITR worse.

Mostly/Especially if the person is unhealthy. But... Any ITR is worsened by poor mental health, so.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I just realized that this thread is an example of someone being focused on their Throat chakra.

Reviving this thread is gonna open my Throat chakra again, yay.

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Not exactly m8

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Not exactly m8
    Explain

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Maybe next time when my throat chakra has opened.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Maybe next time when my throat chakra has opened.

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I read the other day that Illusionary is also called "false duality". That makes a lot of sense in my relations to SEE and why we get along so well

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    I read the other day that Illusionary is also called "false duality". That makes a lot of sense in my relations to SEE and why we get along so well
    illusionary is a pretty shitty relation cuz u ignore the persons lead function lol. its called that way cuz their role + creative = your duals ego functions, and since the SEE would be using ne role at first they mimick IEE untill they drop their guard and use se

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

illusionary is a pretty shitty relation cuz u ignore the persons lead function lol. its called that way cuz their role + creative = your duals ego functions, and since the SEE would be using ne role at first they mimick IEE untill they drop their guard and use se
    Illusionary is ok, as long as you remember you fit partially and s/he is not your dual. Ideally is duality, but illusionary has chemistrh too. Thats what theory says and my experience.

http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/i...ps/Illusionary

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah mirage is way up there on the comfort rankings. the ignoring thing isn't as big as a problem as it may seem I don't think. at the very least it could be way worse, so relative to other ITRs mirage ranks pretty highly

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    yeah mirage is way up there on the comfort rankings. the ignoring thing isn't as big as a problem as it may seem I don't think. at the very least it could be way worse, so relative to other ITRs mirage ranks pretty highly
    Im pretty sure mirage is at least below average.
    For me supervision is worst (because im an 8)
    Then i can guess the opposite quadra relations are some of the worst too. And then i think mirage might be there. At leadt for me, my leading function being ignored is pretty annoying. I have an sei uncle and its kind of weird. He kinda thinks lowly of me cuz he ignores se and i think the same of all his si stuff. Other than that hes cool, but not if u would example share a house together, cuz then id offend his si too much. Benefit is somewhere around the middle. Could be bad but also rlly good depending on the situation.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Im pretty sure mirage is at least below average.
    For me supervision is worst (because im an 8)
    Then i can guess the opposite quadra relations are some of the worst too. And then i think mirage might be there. At leadt for me, my leading function being ignored is pretty annoying. I have an sei uncle and its kind of weird. He kinda thinks lowly of me cuz he ignores se and i think the same of all his si stuff. Other than that hes cool, but not if u would example share a house together, cuz then id offend his si too much. Benefit is somewhere around the middle. Could be bad but also rlly good depending on the situation.
    Family is not so good point of reference always. F.E. I've an IEI family member and living with her was hell. Until this day I get annoyed by her attitude at home (lazy, selfish, rude, victimish, etc etc), but I also have an IEI male friend and hes not the same (he's tons more positive, agreeable, helpful, chill etc,) they have different e types too, first is 4, my friend is 9.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Family is not so good point of reference always. F.E. I've an IEI family member and living with her was hell. Until this day I get annoyed by her attitude at home (lazy, selfish, rude, victimish, etc etc), but I also have an IEI male friend and hes not the same (he's tons more positive, agreeable, helpful, chill etc,) they have different e types too, first is 4, my friend is 9.
    Well according to socionics the IR is pretty much the same with every type once u get close. Agreed tho when u live together its very easy to get annoyed with pretty much anyone

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

If the friend is close and types are correct, then IR work similar. Nontypes factors may affect the situation, but often the types are other. <20% average typing match - it's a lot of wrong types. IEI should be your superego, - one of the worst IR, so it's hard to assume the types are same if you describe him so positively. I had mediocre realtions with EIE women, - no personal attraction, alien people - but when they behave normally you may deal with them. Also I tire near them, what reminds conflictors effect on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    yeah mirage is way up there on the comfort rankings
    Mirage can be not bad pals - they are relatively pleasant. Do not expect from them much, as friendship is mostly about suggestive complement.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Socionics is about how to do not spend your love on those who do not deserve it.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Socionics is about how to do not spend your love on those who do not deserve it.
    so judgmental omg

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

so judgmental omg
    I have judgmental type.
    We stay with a honor on the peak of peoples reason. Protecting weak humans minds from the chaos of the reality.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Comparing functional strengths to eyesight...

1D = close to blind
    2D = blurry
    3D = clear
    4D = sharp

*********** 21-04-19:

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast