Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Socionics For Dummies

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    Type 4s are easy to spot. They're the typical weirdos a la emo or gothic aesthetics.

4w5s often dye their hair darker when it's not naturally so; black is common. 7s with a 4 fix and some 3w4 often like to go rainbow. 4w3 is somewhere in between, like going for a deep burgundy red, or alternating between dark and bright. This can also apply to some 3w4s.

So yeah, that chick with blue hair has 4 in her tritype somewhere.
    Never dressed up as an emo or goth, but am very extravagant in a colourful way (also I never dyed my hair in a not natural colour). Yet I am very convinced I am 4w3.. because it is mostly an internal thing (though my wardrobe is described as edgy and different by most people.. just no gothic styl at all, plus I am highly aware of my social image and the way I potray my life and person towards others, it's very important to me).

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MaviTilki View Post
    Definitely disagree with this one, many IEIs I know are extremely stylish
    IEI are more coquettish so some unmarried may pay more attention to the look than EII. But IEI I know mostly use common style. EII have lesser wish to attract men attention, they just want to look decent.

> an amazing sense of fashion

IEI have no "amazing sense of fashion"

the example of "amazing" IEI taste

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i think its fair to say the popular conception of IEI is a little over idealized

or at least its well represented by people unaware of, or unwilling to concede, their own weaknesses in the grand scheme

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chains View Post
    I find typology awfully convenient for those that like to push their subjective views on others or refuse to accept reality as it is. Many seem to want unquestioned acceptance of theories whether or not there is evidence for them. "You ask for evidence? I don't have to. I prefer 'Ti' so it just has to make sense to MeMeMe." Or, the real kicker, "I prefer intuition, so unlike you I don't build My worldview from stupid sensory data man, so I don't need 'evidence'. I am so Deeeeeepah." This is the impression typology gives. Maybe knowlege of reality require both te and Ti to make sense of the world.

The scientific worldview is intuitive as well as rational and empirical. It doesn't follow that just because one argues from a particular philosophical tradition that they are cognitively biased. All perspectives cannot be equally valid or true. This is false eqivalency. Some are closer to the truth than others.
    found this accurate somehow. I just accept the theoretical stuff that worked out irl so far while leaving potential deviations from what I know open because every system will fail at some point. The other stuff I keep in the back of my head and still look out for evidence.. and I say this as a Te POLR. To me this whole thing only matters if I can use it irl or if it works irl.. otherwise this stuff would be pretty much meaningless to me.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    IEI are more coquettish so some unmarried may pay more attention to the look than EII. But IEI I know mostly use common style. EII have lesser wish to attract men attention, they just want to look decent.

> an amazing sense of fashion

IEI have no "amazing sense of fashion"

the example of "amazing" IEI taste
    NFs also tend to like aesthetics/fashion/art stuff and indulge in it.. not only SFs.
    Last edited by dot; 10-23-2017 at 03:25 PM.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I guess the question is: would IEI recognize "good-looking" when they encounter it... or is their mo more to redefine it according to their own needs

there's really nothing wrong with the latter, its just what makes them intuitive over sensing, which is to say they make it their job to define fashionable going forward, not looking back

this might get them made fun of in the present, but they're probably more fashion forward, which if it catches on goes from being ridiculous to being genius

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    I guess the question is: would IEI recognize "good-looking" when they encounter it... or is their mo more to redefine it according to their own needs
    If the people are also recognised by several hundreds/thousands other people as attractive/good looking and they seek them out for fashion/beauty advice.. then yeah objectively these people are doing something right. But just my two cents.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

that's an empty if then construction. "if [what I define as desirable happens] then [I've done something right according to my own metric]" duh. before us is this exact fact in question: "do people, in fact, recognize IEI as good looking?" you simply assert, "yes." which is fine, but could alternatively be explained by IEI overrating themselves. especially if you took a survey and it was constituted mainly by IEI or IEI-wannabes, which is many typology echo chambers, and probably the source of a lot of self-inflation. you guys need SLE

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics needs a reliable typing method/formula which can be applied for studies.

All the current "studies" suck a** because the typing methods are highly questionable/dubious/biased, and the sample sizes are way too small and specific.
    Who wants to help with making a statistical methodology?

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't take relationship advice from a socionist unless they have been happily married for over a decade
    (aka never)

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All dual pairs who meet online and decide to make a video series together about socionics are short lived. I'd give them a month at best.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you think certain types are out to get you or are automatically your alley, you should not have learned socionics.
    Last edited by Lao Tzunami; 10-23-2017 at 12:25 AM.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm out to get certain types

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The pizza guy's type has absolutely no relevance to you, all that matters is if he did his job. On the scale of pizza guy to married with kids, most people you know are on the side of the pizza guy.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    I'm out to get certain types
    lol, if you can identify them

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm always sure to make a quick VI assessment before rattling off my 2 sentence window I get with the pizza guy so as to make the most of it. I consider it a personal test. they're mainly here to provide the material

Quote Originally Posted by sindri View Post
    lol, if you can identify them
    true, sometimes I accidentally cause people to fall in love with me when I meant to burn them. or maybe its duality! ITR is a real funhouse sometimes

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't project you anima/animus onto someone just because you think they are your dual

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i, for one, an am equal opportunity projector

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be extremely suspicious of people who think they've typed everyone but don't know their own type.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

exhibit b) socrates

that what I do not know I do not think I know either

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doctors don't learn anatomy from artwork and socionist don't learn how to type people from fictional characters.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you don't know how to apply socionics personally (with the rare exception one of your friends is really good and will help you) it is useless to you. If you are new and are learning socionics, the only right way to test it is to try it out and see if it work for you.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We probably know 1% of all insights possible through the lens of socionics. Keep that in mind when people are treating the intertype relations deterministically.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you really know someone's type, then you can find a good reason why they cannot be each of the other 15. If not, you are just guessing
    Last edited by Lao Tzunami; 10-23-2017 at 01:13 AM.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a good chance that Fi types will be ultimately be disappointed in socionics, if they get into it at all. This doesn't make socionics bad, only that it still holds the original imprint of the ILEs who made it.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If Fi types are disappointed in socionics because ILE made it, they should really double down on it as useful (Te), since thats proof of concept

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't be surprised that people regularly disagree on the type of celebrities, people whose job is to craft the perfect persona, often with the help of an entire team. Do be surprised that people think they can type celebrities after 20 minute of internet research.
    Last edited by Lao Tzunami; 10-23-2017 at 12:56 AM.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics is a great tool, but if you feel trapped by the theory, learn other perspectives on psychology and philosophy to put it in its place. And remember, at the end of the day, all of this is just a description of the real thing, not the real thing itself. Paradoxes only exist in words, not reality.
    Last edited by Lao Tzunami; 10-23-2017 at 07:22 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

quite a few Delta NFs with a quirky/modern/trendy sense of fashion
    There is sense of good taste. While all those "fashion" is just marketing bs to sell more clothes. If someone systematically take clothes to fit "fashion" = has no own taste.
    Having Si as role function, it's expected more girls try to fit to some "fashion", as having wish to fit while having no own good understanding about appropriate. It's not taste, it's the lack of it.
    Also types which you think are doubtful there.
    I've shown the example of own IEI taste above - they all are such, just don't show them journals where they can copy the looks. They may take clothes like clowns by their "amazing taste". Looks cute, feminine, but also funny and childish - such are weak functions.

If the people are also recognised by several hundreds/thousands other people as attractive/good looking and they seek them out for fashion/beauty advice..
    I'd look who are those "hundreds/thousands" to take seriously their opinion. They should to have wide knowledge to compare with the existing and own good aesthetic taste, - then we may say about objectivity. If those are brainless teenager fans in a marketing subculture - they are bad for objectivity.
    Also we need to know the source for opinion of the experts near which the fan-club is, as if they get external help - they express not their own opinion in significant degree.
    Last edited by Sol; 10-23-2017 at 02:20 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Don't be surprised that people regularly disagree on the type of celebrities
    Average typing match in IRL interview was <20% in SRT-99 experiment. Typing of bloggers gave 15-20% average too. Typing by special typing ankets - same or worse. It's methods and skills problem mostly.

> Do be surprised that people think they can type celebrities after 20 minute of internet research.

Type anyone. Generally I type people IRL during 10 min. Sometimes it takes seconds. I may know those people better but never change the opinion after this in most cases, when I'm sure in the type. Such is your nonverbal - it has a lot to type you, and the typer gets all rather quickly. What should not be used - interviews' texts of famouses, too much of self-control people have in public talking.

If you really know someone's type, then you can find a good reason why they cannot be each of the other 15. If not, you are just guessing
    As there are no objectively proved methods and skills of good accuracy in typing, - there is only speculative guessing.

All dual pairs who meet online and decide to make a video series together about socionics are short lived. I'd give them a month at best.
    Most "duals" which I saw were not duals.
    Also to be a long pair needs love, not only to be duals. There are many duals, - you may choose someone among them, and then you _need_ to love him. Such you'll get long and not bad pair, mb good pair.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems like Socionists will soon be turning into Luddites of the world, stubbornly holding onto their pre-historic theories.

As psychoanalytic psychology (i.e. Jung and Socionics) got replaced by cognitive psychology, it seems like even cognitive psychology will soon be replaced by neuroscience. Government funding are shifting to more "hard" science of neuroscience. Maybe as research and development of neuroscience advances, it will be simplified in the future and may even be taught in high school, like biology.

I'd say EJECT while you can! Eject from this sinking ship before it's too late.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Socionics is a great tool, but if you feel trapped by the theory, learn from other perspectives on psychology and philosophy to put it in its place. And remember, at the end of the day, all of this is just a story about the real thing, not the real thing itself. Paradoxes only exist in words, not reality.
    yes; I would say enlightenment is rejecting socionics only after mastering it, to reject it prior to understanding and claim victory is self-deception. no one says you have to try, but to discount the theory for not seeing the value in the effort is blindness not the superior vision it often purports itself to be.. in other words, even if socionics is ultimately "not true" by some definition, the process whereby you come to that realization has value because you develop tools, like you said, to better understand people (and oneself)... such that characterizing it as a waste of time or foolishness is mere projection because in such a case where it truly is a waste it only speaks to one's inability to develop those tools or recognize their value
    Last edited by Bertrand; 10-23-2017 at 02:21 AM.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Socionics for Dummies
    If someone speaks from a position of authority in a "Socionics for Dummies" thread, they're probably an IEI.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kakarot View Post
    If someone speaks from a position of authority in a "Socionics for Dummies" thread, they're probably an IEI.
    Yep, that's the game.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kakarot View Post
    No, not necessarily.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Step 1: Learn about the Information Elements.

Every Socionics Padawan should read and (more or less) internalize/memorize the contents of this page and what is related to it.

The foundation of the types are the IEs. If you do not understand them, you won't get too far (or you'll simply mistype too many people, including yourself.)

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

For Sx people, everywhere is a partner seeking place.

*********** 21-04-19:

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No matter what you use Socionics for, don't let it factor into your career choice. Know yourself first. Otherwise you'll end up broke on the streets.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

If you find that your typings are bad. There are not reasons to be sad. As it was said that most typings are bad.

(average typing match is <20%)

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    No matter what you use Socionics for, don't let it factor into your career choice. Know yourself first.
    Type is the knowledge about yourself useful for career choice. But as any knowledge it should be correct to be used - find your correct type. Even if your type is IEE and you have some phobia about systematic knowledge like typologies, you may get the use too, besides ending up broke on the streets.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, not necessarily.
    See?? There you go again.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast