Quote Originally Posted by mrrrmaid View Post
I think I met an ILE. Only had a twenty minute conversation with him. At first he was difficult (but interesting) to speak to because he would start new sentences and topics imbedded in previous ones so I would have a response ready to what he was talking about but then he'd talk for another five minutes and change topics three more times. I had to learn when to tactfully interrupt him by predicting when he was about to come to a pause in one topic to follow another tangent and then jumping in when I could. He didn't seem to mind and conversation flowed much better when I started doing this even though I felt rude at first.
I predict he will quickly become addicted to you and will be back for more.

Just bear in mind, you are the adult in the room. At some point, he's going to challenge you for dominance. Let him know who's boss (You are.). He'll object but will eventually be fine with that, mainly because you indulge him and admire him like no one else does.

I've seen this happen myself. I don't know how you SEI's do it. (Well, it works for ILE's. NOT for LIE's.)