Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Random people of certain types you met recently or earlier

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Guillaine View Post
    You may be right but I think it's pretty normal to take a year or more after a long term relationship breaks up to be open enough to feel love again
    You may talk like friends. To talk about what is interesting for one or both of you - about what you like or dislike, to give the support and help in something, to do neutral things together, etc.

You do not need the open romance situation. But if you'll feel each other as friends, the feelings will become warmer between you - to switch in romance is much possible. The problem after breaking of other relations - the bad mood. Help him to overcome it, be friend to him and if you'll success - it will not take long monthes for new feelings coming to him.

> If he says he doesn't want a relationship I am going to take him at his word.

He was about a romance. Talk with him like with a human and forget on some time he's also a man.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Teapot View Post
    My recent project group in uni had an LII who kicked himself out of the group. That was the first time I had a genuinely negative experience with an LII. Most seem to be peaceful and even in situations that threatened their program functions (in the case of LII: fairness through rationality and equality) they try to stay away from conflict that could harm the group atmosphere. This LII however had the mentality of a dictator.
    It's only natural for a group that some people work more than others for whatever reasons. He couldn't have that. He insisted that everyone worked the exact same amount of hours. It got so bad that people started to actively avoid him. Eventually he understood the situation by himself and left which is tragic. He was one of the more competent members. I think he should've accepted what is instead of fighting the group mentality. The only one who saw any problems was him. Maybe and ESE or SEI could've helped. But as far as I can tell our group only consists of T-types.
    What is the point of doing the same hours? What type of project are you doing? Context is very important. He probably can do the project alone anyway.

I remember leaving a group once, in my first year, and then refused to ever work again in a group if I didn't have the final say on things. These are one of the rare instances where I actively seek to be in charge. It sucks when you do your part perfectly and you get a shit grade, which happened to me before.

I don't care if people don't contribute anything to the project, they still need to try, and they need to report what they have done in a timely manner. I've had lots of lazy people in projects. As long as they manage to add something relevant, I don't care if they don't complete their assigned part. If it seems that their work isn't up to standard, or what is expected, I will do it myself. But I've cut people who haven't answered my calls or showed up to meetings. They need to pretend that they care at least. I won't feel bad about leaving their name out if they didn't do shit and their ass didn't show up except for the first and last day.

Honestly, fuck group projects. I don't remember once looking back and saying "oh man, If I didn't do group projects in Uni I wouldn't have being able to do X at work!" That shit just made me lose hope in most students and future co-workers. I'm glad my job rating is independent of co-workers' performance.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COOL AND MANLY View Post
    What is the point of doing the same hours? What type of project are you doing? Context is very important. He probably can do the project alone anyway.

I remember leaving a group once, in my first year, and then refused to ever work again in a group if I didn't have the final say on things. These are one of the rare instances where I actively seek to be in charge. It sucks when you do your part perfectly and you get a shit grade, which happened to me before.

I don't care if people don't contribute anything to the project, they still need to try, and they need to report what they have done in a timely manner. I've had lots of lazy people in projects. As long as they manage to add something relevant, I don't care if they don't complete their assigned part. If it seems that their work isn't up to standard, or what is expected, I will do it myself. But I've cut people who haven't answered my calls or showed up to meetings. They need to pretend that they care at least. I won't feel bad about leaving their name out if they didn't do shit and their ass didn't show up except for the first and last day.

Honestly, fuck group projects. I don't remember once looking back and saying "oh man, If I didn't do group projects in Uni I wouldn't have being able to do X at work!" That shit just made me lose hope in most students and future co-workers. I'm glad my job rating is independent of co-workers' performance.
    It is a computer science project to gain experience at collaborating with other developers - which is a real world scenario. He wasn't in charge. None of the srudents were. We have a docent who overlooks our progress .We devided the work between the group members equally. The Disagreements startet when an SLI girl in the group left earlier than the rest of us to have lunch. She was simply more effective and therefore quicker than him. I think he had something against her personally. He was very open about how he thought things should go but when he didn't get what ge wanted he didn't stop complaining about it which got on everybody's nerves. Our docent told him to hold back a little and that talking to him was very difficult due to his disagreable behavior. He's gone now and the projects run a lot smoother now.

I'm sorry that you hate group projects. However in some situations, for example in mine, they are unavoidable and furtunatley the rest of the group is easy to work with and talk to.

You seem very passionate about the issue. Do you identify as LII?

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My recent project group in uni had an LII who kicked himself out of the group. That was the first time I had a genuinely negative experience with an LII. Most seem to be peaceful and even in situations that threatened their program functions (in the case of LII: fairness through rationality and equality) they try to stay away from conflict that could harm the group atmosphere. This LII however had the mentality of a dictator.
    It's only natural for a group that some people work more than others for whatever reasons. He couldn't have that. He insisted that everyone worked the exact same amount of hours. It got so bad that people started to actively avoid him. Eventually he understood the situation by himself and left which is tragic. He was one of the more competent members. I think he should've accepted what is instead of fighting the group mentality. The only one who saw any problems was him. Maybe and ESE or SEI could've helped. But as far as I can tell our group only consists of T-types.
    Robespierre!

On a serious note though, isn't the intent behind everyone working the same hours a way to try and establish fairness and equality, since in groups you have people usually who do nothing and one or two who do all the work?

I think that was the intent. Of course, such a thing isn't practical and can't be attempted without becoming seriously dictatorial. Every dictator is convinced they are doing what they do for the "the common good" even when results point to the contrary.

My point here is that while his intentions were probably good, the road to hell is often paved with good intentions.

I also have to echo the sentiment that group projects at uni are a bad idea.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avebury View Post
    Robespierre!

On a serious note though, isn't the intent behind everyone working the same hours a way to try and establish fairness and equality, since in groups you have people usually who do nothing and one or two who do all the work?

I think that was the intent. Of course, such a thing isn't practical and can't be attempted without becoming seriously dictatorial. Every dictator is convinced they are doing what they do for the "the common good" even when results point to the contrary.

My point here is that while his intentions were probably good, the road to hell is often paved with good intentions.

I also have to echo the sentiment that group projects at uni are a bad idea.
    Yes, I agree. We as a group thought so, too. There was nothing wrong with his intentions. His actions and his behavior however were negative. He was just a pain to work with. He'll learn from the experience. Besides he's in a new group now and it works a lot better for him, which is nice for everyone imo.

TIM
    Your daul
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is a computer science project to gain experience at collaborating with other developers - which is a real world scenario. He wasn't in charge. None of the srudents were. We have a docent who overlooks our progress .We devided the work between the group members equally. The Disagreements startet when an SLI girl in the group left earlier than the rest of us to have lunch. She was simply more effective and therefore quicker than him. I think he had something against her personally. He was very open about how he thought things should go but when he didn't get what ge wanted he didn't stop complaining about it which got on everybody's nerves. Our docent told him to hold back a little and that talking to him was very difficult due to his disagreable behavior. He's gone now and the projects run a lot smoother now.
    Well, that sucks. He does sound unprofessional.

I'm sorry that you hate group projects. However in some situations, for example in mine, they are unavoidable and furtunatley the rest of the group is easy to work with and talk to.
    Lol, I'm not sorry. It made me realise that I enjoy certain work environments more than others. Which I guess why I never worked in IT even though I majored in it.

You seem very passionate about the issue. Do you identify as LII?
    Yeah. Sorry if If I came off too strong.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by COOL AND MANLY View Post
    Well, that sucks. He does sound unprofessional.

Lol, I'm not sorry. It made me realise that I enjoy certain work environments more than others. Which I guess why I never worked in IT even though I majored in it.

Yeah. Sorry if If I came off too strong.
    Thank you and no it's all right I'm just a bit sensitive lately (: It's good to hear another one's (/LII's) perspective. I thought with Fe-seeking LIIs would be more open to group projects but that seems to be a misconception on my side.
    Last edited by Cosmic Teapot; 09-17-2018 at 04:56 PM.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you and no it's all right I'm just a bit sensitive lately (: It's good to hear another one's (/LII's) perspective. I thought with Fe-seeking LIIs would be more open to group projects but that seems to be a misconception on my side.
    If the LII is a 5, I’d say not at all, just ime they often are singleton and used to doing things their own way, and even if they can be gracious about other people’s views and approaches, that graciousness may evaporate if it impinges on their own intellectual freedom.

As semidual, the counterbalance I’ve provided to LII has been more on the social and physical sides of things. Yes they apparently can be drawn into some kind of community, yes they can work on certain kinds of teams I believe, over time, if they are convinced it furthers their interests. In fact that NYT article I linked above is something I happened to provide to an LII friend who was applying for a job with a very prominent organization but had real questions about her ability to handle the team aspect and to speak to the team issue in her interviews. Now she has the job it seems she’s doing okay with it.

I’d found the article because I have struggled with the issue of why some teams do great and others flop, and the feeling of having no control over the outcome.

Fe does not precisely = teams.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shifting into that behavior of a dictator is an (unhealthy) reaction of an E-5 type. Behaving like an unhealty E-8 type happens when a E-5 type is seriously stressed.
    Some LII E-5 types (and some LSI E-5 types) are prone doing this.

I thought with Fe-seeking LIIs would be more open to group projects but that seems to be a misconception on my side.
    Yes, usually, but -leading types want a project to be organized or structured in a specific way to match their .

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LII's having PoLR moments with some role. Using it often does not mean good practice. It requires adaptation. Quality > quantity.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    You may talk like friends. To talk about what is interesting for one or both of you - about what you like or dislike, to give the support and help in something, to do neutral things together, etc.

You do not need the open romance situation. But if you'll feel each other as friends, the feelings will become warmer between you - to switch in romance is much possible. The problem after breaking of other relations - the bad mood. Help him to overcome it, be friend to him and if you'll success - it will not take long monthes for new feelings coming to him.

> If he says he doesn't want a relationship I am going to take him at his word.

He was about a romance. Talk with him like with a human and forget on some time he's also a man.

Not something I am good at but I can try. We are two hours apart so I have little hope but you have given me some. Thanks.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yes, I agree. We as a group thought so, too. There was nothing wrong with his intentions. His actions and his behavior however were negative. He was just a pain to work with. He'll learn from the experience. Besides he's in a new group now and it works a lot better for him, which is nice for everyone imo.
    I love how its like taken for granted he was wrong, and you say he'll learn from the experience, when as far as I can tell he was right and the lesson is not to fuck around with you guys and instead always work with those other guys. if he was actually contributing to a disproportionately higher degree he's probably going to learn he can do so for them and inasmuch as they don't totally ignore him that's an improvement justifying the change. maybe hell even work harder for them. and that team benefits from whatever knowledge he brings. at no point have you seemingly considered you could be wrong and the fact he's better off elsewhere proves that, unless this other group is identical and its a lie it works better for him, or worse in a way that just happens to suit him. its like you never considered his point at all, and further, never considered this makes your team the bad guys in all of this. your strategy was to minimize having to make any sort of changes at all, and if the set point was unfair toward a person you considered it best for them to devise their own solution. that this means he leaves and you're deprived of his ability to think, which apparently isn't calibrated to be maximally lazy and uncreative and conforming to the point of self harm, and your team has their peace but fundamentally still has the same problem which is that ya'll are a bunch of fuckers no one wants to be around if they can help it, because the dynamic is stupid as hell. you guys are literally the rejects and huddled together telling yourself it was this other guys problem, the solution seems to be to stamp down any qualities then that protrude, if for no other reason that your team is the cast off of humanity and so any qualities that protrude are by definition the bad ones. this kind of leveling then makes sense, but only in a kind of kafkaeseque nightmare where stripping oneself of humanity is an improvement on the base material. a way to rejigger the machine to make self harm a net gain. if you ever wonder why people react hostilely to this sort of behavior refer to this post. its because you lack a concept of why things happen and think only of yourself, despite your misleading language usage. he was probably looking at you like you had a dick on your forehead the whole time. the only well wishers you attract with this autism and naivety are low-value sheisters who see in this an opening and offer their "understanding" so they can essentially barter the peace of mind it conveys you for favors down the line. the fact this entire thing is a race to the bottom is something anyone with half a brain puts as much distance between themselves and it as they can. so when we say "its nice for everyone" you're not wrong, but it means you're left with the people who can only sell eachother the same second hand goods back and forth forever, running off an illusory currency, and never create anything of genuine value. in essence you provide the low side of the hierarchy which gives context to everyone who isn't so dull, and in that sense it is "nice for everyone." i.e.: the kind of shit people get away from as soon as they have the merit and or power that allows them to do so
    Last edited by Bertrand; 09-17-2018 at 11:10 PM.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    I don’t think university profs should make students do teamwork, unless they intend to teach students how to do teamwork in the first place.
    At least no group of people should do teamwork when they don't function together as a team to do projects.

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Nr 007 View Post
    LII's having PoLR moments with some role. Using it often does not mean good practice. It requires adaptation. Quality > quantity.
    Yes, I guess it has to do with having as PoLR-function.
    I can tell that it's still difficult to control and adapt my level of assertivness in social groups.
    In my younger years it was worse:
    My behavior could switch from too mellow to too aggressive, the bad thing is, even small irritation could trigger this.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

pretty sure most team assignments are just a way for profs to grade less papers

they don't really give a fuck about the burden that puts on the "teams"

from their point of view its probably less work for the students too, and since thats what they're all about, voila

this idea that winnie needs to go assess his behavior in light of this misses the point, which is he's being set up to conform to accommodate other people start to finish, and when he turns around an apologizes for his past "aggressive behavior" they know they've got him right where they want him

now if the "team" project genuinely required a team and couldn't be structured differently or the assignment simply given in a way that transparently reduces the profs workload and not at the expense of students, then it might be different, but usually people in that position realize success depends on actual group health and try to arrange things fairly to begin with. this whole thing is slipshod leadership and ignorance of group dynamics top to bottom

that the underlings turn around and try to sort themselves out just goes to show how programmed they are to obey and not question

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The last time a professor assigned me to a team as an undergrad, I refused to do it. In grad school it hasn’t mattered as much because the students have been more motivated and the assignments have been structured so that it’s clear who is responsible for what and you’re still graded on your own work and not dragged into some bottomless pit by a howling idiot.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ive been assigned a group for a group project presently and now im considering just asking the prof if I can do an entire "project" on my own. im tempted to see if he says no because he doesnt want to grade an additional project or if he's game. that its more work for me is not a big deal since having control more than offsets most of the increased labor, in my mind. my guess is the argument why I cant is its unfair because it "shorts" my team (it would leave 1 team with 2 people instead of 3). in which case I can just ask them if its ok, truth is they dont even want me, but theres this norm that is difficult to overcome which is getting everyone to admit 1) they don't even want me 2) teams don't need to hang together for their own sake. its a form of runaway politeness that if both ends are subject to it (teacher and group) theyre locked in even though no one really wants it or cares

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I was visiting my LSE sister yesterday and she wanted to go out to eat and the only place open was an Olive Garden, so we went there.

Our server was a very, very attractive woman dressed all in black, but she had white white teeth and red red lipstick for a very dramatic effect. While she was getting our drinks, I told my sister that I thought I could tell what her personality was like, since 1. she vibed complexity a bit like me, 2. I found her intriguing and cautiously likeable but not sexually attractive even though she was beautiful, and 3. Wearing all black with a small red accent is a sign of LSI in my experience, but she was Fe all over the place, so EIE.

She returned, took our order, and asked if there was anything else that we needed. My LSE sister, who wears her hair very short, works in a lumber yard in Colorado, and looks butch as hell, said “You could join us.” Our server took a shocked step back, recovered, and took an instant dislike toward us and I thought “Uh oh, this needs to be fixed”. So I said “That would be nice but you probably have other tables to take care of.” And off she went while I started thinking about how to turn her attitude towards us around.

I figured that the best thing to do would be to act like her dual, an LSI, so when she returned to our table, I cut out the role-Fe and acted all stern and logical. Just the facts, Ma’am. I’m really working as a prison guard. I thanked her briefly and formally for the food and kept the smiles to a strained minimum. And by the end of the meal, she was moving past our table like a dramatic actress on stage and smiling when she moved away from us, so I guess that worked.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 10-01-2018 at 02:25 PM.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ESI-H. She has decided the course of action and the end result. I do not accept this.

We discuss and we both say inside of our minds "F*ck no" to each other. Everything goes peacefully with friction.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I was visiting my LSE sister yesterday and she wanted to go out to eat and the only place open was an Olive Garden, so we went there.

Our server was a very, very attractive woman dressed all in black, but she had white white teeth and red red lipstick for a very dramatic effect. While she was getting our drinks, I told my sister that I thought I could tell what her personality was like, since 1. she vibed complexity a bit like me, 2. I found her intriguing and cautiously likeable but not sexually attractive even though she was beautiful, and 3. Wearing all black with a small red accent is a sign of LSI in my experience, but she was Fe all over the place, so EIE.

She returned, took our order, and asked if there was anything else that we needed. My LSE sister, who wears her hair very short, works in a lumber yard in Colorado, and looks butch as hell, said “You could join us.” Our server took a shocked step back, recovered, and took an instant dislike toward us and I thought “Uh oh, this needs to be fixed”. So I said “That would be nice but you probably have other tables to take care of.” And off she went while I started thinking about how to turn her attitude towards us around.

I figured that the best thing to do would be to act like her dual, an LSI, so when she returned to our table, I cut out the role-Fe and acted all stern and logical. Just the facts, Ma’am. I’m really working as a prison guard. I thanked her briefly and formally for the food and kept the smiles to a strained minimum. And by the end of the meal, she was moving past our table like a dramatic actress on stage and smiling when she moved away from us, so I guess that worked.
    Go the acting Adam.
    When I told one SLI H about socionics he was really interested for the reason that he could work out and act what everyone would want (I assume so as to get his way, as he was a very cheeky person). Scary to think what mayhem he would cause if he were able but thankfully he is very unintelligent and does not get things when I explain at all.

TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I just got off on the wrong foot with another LIE online. I thought he might have been ESE but we chatted about films for a bit the I went off line and he said he thought he had scared me away. i replied with some brash Ne self-revelatory crap about how i don't get scared away but I choose blah blah blah, then he said Oh dear no need to be so sensitive and took it badly. I apologised saying I didn't mean it that way but it was too late. note to self not everyone likes Ne!!!

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think I just got off on the wrong foot with another LIE online. I thought he might have been ESE but we chatted about films for a bit the I went off line and he said he thought he had scared me away. i replied with some brash Ne self-revelatory crap about how i don't get scared away but I choose blah blah blah, then he said Oh dear no need to be so sensitive and took it badly. I apologised saying I didn't mean it that way but it was too late. note to self not everyone likes Ne!!!
    Lol, @Guillaine. I would have said Ne was fine before you made that statement, but it made me realize that I think Ne is evil indecision and indicates an irresponsible failure to come to a decision. Good grief, I’m embarrassed at learning this about myself.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

SEI girl. I guessed for her by a pendulum for yes/no in the 1st time in the life. Then I've offered her to guess herself on one too personal question. I've explaned her what to do.

it made me realize that I think Ne is evil indecision
    Ne is the other side of Ni, functions of different E/I attitude work as partners.
    Redundant indecision is the trait of S types, seen in them by N types which _feel_ the positive outcomes and trust more in them. This is hard for S types which prefer be assured from outside or avoid to think about the future, concentrate on the material world and needed to be done in now/here. Though as the external help S types may to use own guessings by tools - they use their own N functions which stay in the uncounsious.

TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, @Guillaine. I would have said Ne was fine before you made that statement, but it made me realize that I think Ne is evil indecision and indicates an irresponsible failure to come to a decision. Good grief, I’m embarrassed at learning this about myself.

Really? Lol! I can see how it could seem a bit blithering and dithery and often I find people think it is irrelevant/useless/confusing, that's why I try to lean the Fi in as well, but this time it came across as offensive, which I can understand, but I honestly wasn't meaning it that way.

PS I like your honesty and I still like you even if you don't like my base
    Last edited by Guillaine; 10-13-2018 at 09:11 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Really? Lol! I can see how it could seem a bit blithering and dithery and often I find people think it is irrelevant/useless/confusing, that's why I try to lean the Fi in as well, but this time it came across as offensive, which I can understand, but I honestly wasn't meaning it that way.

PS I like your honesty and I still like you even if you don't like my base
    No, no. it wasn't offensive at all, and I certainly don't see you as blithering or dithery. Not at all. Your post just got me to thinking about Ne and how some people I know IRL use it. I concluded that they just refrain from making quick, seemingly final decisions, and indecision bothers me if there's too much of it. I like to have things settled.

(Maybe that's why Strat says that I and my dual close the distance fast - to get things settled.)

No, l have a pretty high opinion of and appreciation for all other types. I especially like IEE's, even though their approach to romance is completely different from mine. They are fun to hang out with. Lots of intelligent goofiness. I just have to be careful to not let it be obvious that I find them to be attractive, because I evidently do that wrong.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Saw a guy on public transport speaking Russian who looked so much like Gulenko that I had to do a double take so I can only assume LII
    "I take back like half of the exclamation points.....they make me look....eager to please. Which I AM....but I don't want anyone to KNOW that"
    - Carrie Fisher

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrrrmaid View Post
    I think I met an ILE. Only had a twenty minute conversation with him. At first he was difficult (but interesting) to speak to because he would start new sentences and topics imbedded in previous ones so I would have a response ready to what he was talking about but then he'd talk for another five minutes and change topics three more times. I had to learn when to tactfully interrupt him by predicting when he was about to come to a pause in one topic to follow another tangent and then jumping in when I could. He didn't seem to mind and conversation flowed much better when I started doing this even though I felt rude at first.
    This seems like D in DCNH. Does that type resonate with you?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Moderator View Post
    This seems like D in DCNH. Does that type resonate with you?
    My opinion on my DCNH type is not N. D could work since I do tend to behave like above but also I read that Ds are the most like their type descriptions and easiest to type and since I've proved difficult for people to type, maybe not? I feel like a D ExFj would be quite intense. I feel like I relate to it but I'm already Ej so it's hard to tell if I'm relating to it because I am D or because I have Ej temp?.

My inclination is probably I'm more C, and this is backed up by the fact most people see me as irrational when watching my video. But I haven't deeply examined DCNH so don't have a solid opinion
    "I take back like half of the exclamation points.....they make me look....eager to please. Which I AM....but I don't want anyone to KNOW that"
    - Carrie Fisher

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Certain person of random type: LSI
    Random person of certain type: LSE
    Random person of certain type: EIE
    Random person of certain type: ILI
    Random person of certain type: SLI
    Random person of certain type: SEE
    Random person of certain type: SEE

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    If the LII is a 5, I’d say not at all, just ime they often are singleton and used to doing things their own way, and even if they can be gracious about other people’s views and approaches, that graciousness may evaporate if it impinges on their own intellectual freedom.

As semidual, the counterbalance I’ve provided to LII has been more on the social and physical sides of things. Yes they apparently can be drawn into some kind of community, yes they can work on certain kinds of teams I believe, over time, if they are convinced it furthers their interests. In fact that NYT article I linked above is something I happened to provide to an LII friend who was applying for a job with a very prominent organization but had real questions about her ability to handle the team aspect and to speak to the team issue in her interviews. Now she has the job it seems she’s doing okay with it.

I’d found the article because I have struggled with the issue of why some teams do great and others flop, and the feeling of having no control over the outcome.

Fe does not precisely = teams.
    This pretty much

I do think the behavior @Cosmic Teapot describes sounds consistent with LII.

I like collaboration as long as the people I'm collaborating with can contribute something as well or better than I can (either intellectually or by taking over work in a responsible manner) - otherwise I prefer to work alone and not have to rely on anyone. I only recall doing one (forced) group project in college. The other members were relatively responsible, especially one premed major that I typed as EII (or maybe some other Delta type, in retrospect).

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ESI woman on a street. ~35 yo. Looked as serious and decent. She has shown some suprise to my attention - to assume a type I look directly into the eyes for several seconds. Seems I find almost all women of this type as attractive.

Possible EII young (<30 yo) woman with a white dog. She lives in the high building near which I walk almost every day in the last monthes. It was ~9:30pm. She looked childish and kind, thin body. I do not like that N types women are often thin, though it's significantly fixable with more eating. With higher ages women gain the weight and when it's not too much they start to look nicer, more feminine. S types have the lack of the weight more rare. In general, this factor makes ESI women to look as more attractive initially.
    Last edited by Sol; 10-29-2018 at 11:27 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

While I was standing in line to vote, two well-dressed women in their late forties/early fifties entered the line just after me; an IEI and her friend, an ILE. The IEI said to a young woman in front of us, who had half her hair dyed orange and the other half shaven off and was generally dressed as a clown, "How are you, young lady?"
    The young woman looked at the IEI and said shortly and angrily, "I'm not a young lady. I'm fully employed." The IEI was shocked and looked at me and whispered "What does one have to do with the other?" I replied, "Clash of world views. She wants to be considered an adult, while you and I would..."
    "..like to be her age", she finished, and smiled at me. I was doing my SLE imitation in gray jeans and sneakers and a black shirt with a leather jacket, and the IEI was being very friendly.
    Her ILE friend glanced at me and then whispered to the IEI "What a kind, thoughtful, and diplomatic thing for him to say."

I didn't tell her I wasn't anywhere close to being an SEI.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Met an LIE woman recently with my LSE boss. She (the LIE) is a nice enough person I feel, but gives off an unfriendly and demanding vibe at first.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There’s this one guy I’ve been working for who I thought was LIE this entire time, but he superficially resembles an SEI in some ways and has some SEI-ish qualities. He asks me to do things really last minute usually and also things that IMO are a waste of my time and his money. He’s into aesthetics a lot but is not particularly detail-oriented. He’s told me that I remind him of himself when he was younger and more powerful. He asks about my likes and dislikes a lot in a way that I think is Fi seeking and triggers my polr lol. I still think he’s probably LIE, but it’s just interesting.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I worked with a batshit insane LIE girl a few years ago. She would start shit and try to sabotage her coworkers’ work for no reason, and she made lots of eerie comments towards me too. Randomly she’d be normal though.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ESI woman, ~35 yo on the reception desk at the atelier of clothes where I needed to shrink my trousers (not the 1st time during last monthes) and suit's jacket. The height below I'd like, so so shapes, holded not emotionally. Partly due IR influence I perceived her face as nice and pleasant, and in general interesting as a woman, anyway. On my direct eye contact she reacted by ignoring, then with slight shyness and regular "poker face" of ESI in relations. If we'd worked together or were neighbours she'd was warmer. Having more time I'd could to tune and to sway this redundant interpersonal wall.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My LSE boss is the most interesting combination of stiff and fun. Dat Te Si Ne, I guess.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    sway this redundant interpersonal wall.
    LOL

I love it when you say “redundant”, Sol. What was it last time, “redundant weight”?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sbbds View Post
    I love it when you say “redundant”, Sol. What was it last time, “redundant weight”?
    There is much of redundant in the world.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Seen today a possible EII in the 2nd time. The one of noticed. Which I said was dressed not good. Friday, 21:30 at the same place. Now she was dressed with a handkerchief like women do while visiting churches. I suppose she was at the mass in the near church.
    She seems 25-30 yo. Average face, not the best but intriguing feminine figure. Has nice walking with waving hips. I could to see her house, as it was on my way. As she may visit the masses regularly I'll may see her again, if I'll want. I prefer when in women eyes is seen higher energy, but N-I types have this lesser conscious and to open this need some warming. I have not a single valued relation to church visiting women. I like their conservative moral and family attitudes, but among them more of people with psyche problems which make harder the cooperation with them.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

so i went to the show last night with this new work friend. upon meeting her i immediately thought IEE because she reminds me of my IEE friend with her quirkiness and mannerisms and way of self-centeredly but charmingly chatting at people she doesn't know about her life in a really personable way. after last night i half-considered SEE for a minute because she's a doer and unusually aggressive for an IEE but she still doesn't come across as very embodied and i think her aggressiveness is a consequence of being a little unstable (maybe more than a little. i'm going to exercise caution.)

so last night she was running late and called and asked me to get off the bus in a really shady part of town. she lives right by there and regularly walks around at night and seems totally unbothered--in my view she is lacking an appropriate sense of danger (also noting i'm a 6)

(i brought this up to her once - mentioning the crime rate in the neighborhood when she was initially considering moving there weeks ago and asking how she felt about it - her response was that its not like it was "real crime" because the people there are struggling, dealing with homelessness and drug use etc - which struck me as an extremely weird and very characteristically IEE thing to say)

before we leave we have a beer. she spends most of her time talking a bit frenetically about various shows she's going to - obscure local bands - and i learn a lot about venues i've never been to..the other major subject is the people in her life, a few different potential love interests etc. she occasionally mentions that she's "saying yes to life" right now after her divorce so her super-social habits right now might not be characteristic.

so we're in the bus stop shelter together and this guy outside keeps opening and shutting the door just a crack and the noise is bugging her. and to my surprise this sweet and quirky chick just flips. she keeps stomping up to the guy and yelling at him to stop. he's just ignoring it. at one point she's clenching her fists and leaning towards him and shouting, "I'M A HIGHLY SENSITIVE PERSON!!!" (i keep thinking about that this morning and laughing..) as we got on the bus she apologized to the guy and chummed around with him a little bit.

she does strike me as a little more alert environmentally than my close IEE friend. like she takes forever to smoke but she's like "i know it's cold, i don't mind if you wait inside" whereas with my other friend i'd have to get fed up and tell her i'll wait inside because she would never in a million years consider that kind of thing. also it was good when we got to the show-- usually i'm with my close IEE friend and i have to be sort of towards the back because she's not comfortable pushing through crowds of people but this woman was fine with it and willing to take initiative to jostle through.

but omggg. we get towards the front and these dudes in the crowd tell her we can't pass them. at this point we were like in the 3rd row and i would have been fine with that but she loses her goddamn mind. she's SCREAMING and pointing her finger and just flipping the fuck out lol. she keeps yelling at me saying "those guys are BROS. they're BROS. B. R. O. S!!!" i was trying to ignore the drama and enjoy the show while noticing in my peripheral vision that there was something going on with them. her story later was that some of her drink sloshed out on this guys head accidentally and they accused her of doing it on purpose. but all i saw when i looked over was that she reached up and rubbed the back of the guy's head, which i thought was really weird and i was embarrassed (in retrospect it was probably a conciliatory "sorry i sloshed beer on you" gesture -- which would still be intrusive but better than lying, which is what i thought she did last night). anyway the main instigator dude she dealt with was being really obnoxious in the pit and targeting us even though we weren't in the middle of it (i probably wasn't helping matters by elbowing him out of spite) and he ended up getting kicked out of the club haha - after she threw her fucking drink at him! the whole situation with those dudes is all she talked about for awhile, to anybody around us who would listen lmao.

anyway we stopped for one more drink at a bar afterwards and she calmed down and we went home.

tl;dr i enjoyed the company of this crazy fucking IEE last night.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast