Thread: Can sx instict types be shallow?

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Can sx instict types be shallow?

Consequently, can non sx types have depth?

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sx types are impenetrably deep, which is, incidentally, why they can never feel satisfied, since there is nothing deep enough in the world to... nevermind. Sp types are hylics and incapable of understanding. Sos are psychics and can kind of sort of understand.

...You all enneagram dogmatists know I could make a better enneagram spirituality than you already follow in a couple of seconds, but I won't do that because that's irresponsible.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Primary instinct implies a certain level of depth but that depth is visible only to those who share it.

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Naturally.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    Sx types are impenetrably deep, which is, incidentally, why they can never feel satisfied, since there is nothing deep enough in the world to... nevermind. Sp types are hylics and incapable of understanding. Sos are psychics and can kind of sort of understand.
    I can only presume that the OP's question was somewhat rhetorical. There are few absolutes insofar as Enneagram personality traits are concerned: the correlations we observe are general not specific. Therefore, while type stereotypes may have some predictive value, there's always going to be a case which bucks the trend.

For this reason I just try to distill the core traits of each type or instinct, and usually ignore the descriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    ...You all enneagram dogmatists know I could make a better enneagram spirituality than you already follow in a couple of seconds, but I won't do that because that's irresponsible.
    If it will only take you a couple of seconds, why not do it? Let your hair down and be a little irresponsible.

I at least would be interested to read what you have to say.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone capable of self reflection is capable of having depth.

People can be into shallow shit, but still have depth and being into shallow shit is not a good measurement of depth. Depth comes from experience and pain and hurt and survival and resilience. I've met a lot of sx/so like that. They seem vapid, but they're not.

As sp/sx, I'm aware of my own depth, it's deep and penetrating. But I don't have an easy time expressing it, so I come off cold and distant. It makes me feel uncomfortable and I hate when emotions are trivialised, so I'm not always willing to share it.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How depth is articulated and understood by others has more to do with functions.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

yes and yes. wtf. do people seriously have these beliefs?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lavos View Post
    Consequently, can non sx types have depth?

I believe this to be the answer you're looking for.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Everyone is shallow about something.

Including those people who think they are "deep" and expect others to be "deep like them".
    Their elitist judgment of others is "shallow" in a way, too.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuivienen View Post
    I can only presume that the OP's question was somewhat rhetorical. There are few absolutes insofar as Enneagram personality traits are concerned: the correlations we observe are general not specific. Therefore, while type stereotypes may have some predictive value, there's always going to be a case which bucks the trend.

For this reason I just try to distill the core traits of each type or instinct, and usually ignore the descriptions.

If it will only take you a couple of seconds, why not do it? Let your hair down and be a little irresponsible.

I at least would be interested to read what you have to say.
    Posting things takes a lot longer than coming up with them, but I'm not in the habit of being responsible with what I create and set loose anyways, so might as well release it over time.

You can't meaningfully buck the trend when the type is a name for the trend though. That's like making a triangle with four sides.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    yes and yes. wtf. do people seriously have these beliefs?
    You mean people like you?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

OP should define shallow and in what occasion/s

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

2 SX, 3 SX, 7 SX can be like that.

I myself think I am fairly shallow and surfacey, or pretending to be just for the glam of it. Since it protects me to some degree/ leaves my fairly bitter wing unbothered. I do wish I could be more real without the whining though. Being authentic is definitely a big task, requires a brutal type of honesty toward yourself. SX does help but when pretense is your daily business...

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've often found sp lasters to be pretty shallow, both sx/so and so/sx, while sx lasters often lack that spark that generates interest. I tried dating an sx/so once because I was extremely attracted to him, but it was doomed to fail because he was such a boring person at the end of the day. He didn't really have much to talk about. He just looked good and had a good image. Good at socializing and being the focal point of interaction/ the apple of the eye, but not much else.

SP for me kinda correlates with depth while SX is more about energy. SO is the mediating influence between the two.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't consider myself to be shallow at all, but I am aware that other people can perceive me as such.

Negative reactions are most likely from Enneagram 6, so/sp and sp/so. They dislike my crass, flirtatious nature, feel that I'm too pushy and that I place too much value on a woman's sex appeal. I don't actually view the opposite sex this way. After all you need to be beautiful on the inside as well. Though I will walk away if dissatisfied, if you charm me I can become a very devoted and driven partner. I just like boasting about my exploits. Social etiquette is inefficient and stifling.

Also, the heart-wrenching, passionate authenticity some of you bring up is best explored in an intimate setting. If I shared that side of me with everyone, it would be a lot less meaningful. A little mystery can go a long way.

In reality, the poor SX-less souls can't understand my priorities, anymore than I could ever hope to understand theirs.

However, at least i'm honest enough to admit my own ignorance and be at peace with it.

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay.

Can So-lasts be deep?

Do they really have the capacity to think about important things, like society, and how they are situated within the world we live? Do they think of anyone outside themselves? Don't they realize what their social responsibilities are, and do they have the ability to examine them, and care? Why are they so obsessed with Sx? That emotional high and intensity thing, it's so fucking shallow. It's like a junkie looking for a hit. Real happiness isn't found there. And, you know, Sp is very good in moderation, but sometimes, it just gets out of hand. It's really more of a base concern, not something you should obsess your whole life over. Now, Social, it's about people. Us. Humanity. Real things. Sx is... some kind of emotional mugging for fun? I just can't go on listening to that crap.
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1
    Bit of a comic books nerd, bit of a fashion nerd, a lot of a generalized nerd

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stellafera View Post
    Okay.

Can So-lasts be deep?

Do they really have the capacity to think about important things, like society, and how they are situated within the world we live? Do they think of anyone outside themselves? Don't they realize what their social responsibilities are, and do they have the ability to examine them, and care? Why are they so obsessed with Sx? That emotional high and intensity thing, it's so fucking shallow. It's like a junkie looking for a hit. Real happiness isn't found there. And, you know, Sp is very good in moderation, but sometimes, it just gets out of hand. It's really more of a base concern, not something you should obsess your whole life over. Now, Social, it's about people. Us. Humanity. Real things. Sx is... some kind of emotional mugging for fun? I just can't go on listening to that crap.
    Yes. So-lasts are deep. They do have the capacity to think about society and the world they live in. They do think of others outside themselves. The only social responsibility you have is the responsibility you consent to have or that you are persuaded to have. There is no responsibility outside that. Sx is obsessive. That's the nature of Sx. It's fun, addictive, feel-good stuff. It might not be deep. It might not be shallow. We don't really care. That's the point of sx. How do you know what real happiness is? Do you have the authority to define that? Also, who is "us"? I don't know anyone named "we" or "us." Humanity is just the set of all human beings or the nature and character of humans in general.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stellafera View Post
    Okay.

Can So-lasts be deep?

Good point. Sometimes people judges someone elses "depth" based on what their instincts are compared to theirs. It's still unclear what depth means to OP though.

A Place within a Place in the Universe Where they will never suspect. *Cackles like a witch.*
    TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deep vs. shallow isn't necessarily a type related thing. But I suppose boiling down to stereotypes... With sx relating to connection, I suppose I can see where these stereotypes and assumptions come from. There are a lot of sx people who are deep, but weak sx does not necessarily equate to shallow, and visa versa. It depends more on the human than the instinctual stacking itself.
    xII se PoLR, 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

Phlegmatic-Melancholic |RCoAI| Fascinator| Newtype-secondary| LEFVl|

#JusticeforJeb_, Water Sheep did nothing wrong, High Inquisitor Of Council of Water Sheep and Water Sheep's protector

Make things right? Who are we to decide when things are right and when they need to be fixed?

TIM
    Check the signature
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would help if you defined what you meant by shallow. The intensity that these types supposedly have supposed to make them deep? Is a lack of intensity supposed to make people shallow?

In any case, I think any type can be shallow. Though not all people will feel that way or hold that same opinion about that same person.
    Socionics is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have, but I have it.

I can't click “like” on peoples posts due to the poor functionality of the site on my end. Just know that if you quoted me and were nice to me that I’m psychically sending you a like from my heart.

Model G: IEI-CN
    Model A: Most likely ISFx
    MBTI: ISFP-A
    Enneagram: 9w8 5w6 2w1 sp/so
    AP: VELF 4231
    PY: FEVL

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Explain this shadow thing.

Sx in each type means something different. People seem to confuse Se and Fe with the sexual first instinct.

In Six for example it manifests in a tendency toward being radical aka extremism. Fire. You fail at being moderate. Its like you are either on or off.. no middle-ground. Display strength or beauty to ward off danger. Intensity..

One-to-One: Strength or Beauty – The Warrior 6
    The first style is based on overcoming or avoiding fear through willpower and feats of physical strength and bravery, or through the strength of one’s intellect and fierce ideological positions. In the second style, fear and self-doubt are handled by channeling one’s idealism and keen perceptiveness into creating beauty in the environment. This helps create some stability and control.

Best example of SX subtype i can think of that everyone kinda knows is ******. Narnjo as well as Katherine Fuave consider ****** (wtf it censored the name) H I T L E R to be a very good example of Type 4 Sx/So. Source: https://www.katherinefauvre.com/blog/what-enneagram-type-is-******-title (e_e it even censors the link WTF just replace the stars with his name in small letters)

Subtypes: https://www.enneagramworldwide.com/instinctual-subtypes/
    Last edited by SGF; 06-04-2020 at 02:53 PM.

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    Best example of SX subtype i can think of that everyone kinda knows is ******. Narnjo as well as Katherine Fuave consider ****** (wtf it censored the name) H I T L E R to be a very good example of Type 4 Sx/So. Source: https://www.katherinefauvre.com/blog/what-enneagram-type-is-******-title (e_e it even censors the link WTF just replace the stars with his name in small letters)
    Naranjo changed his mind on that later. He thought 6 made more sense.
    Don't know why Katherine chose to leave that out. I guess she has her own agenda.

(and lol @ the censorship)

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
    Naranjo changed his mind on that later. He thought 6 made more sense.
    Don't know why Katherine chose to leave that out. I guess she has her own agenda.

(and lol @ the censorship)
    hmm yeah.. seems so.. Fuck I'm type 6 sx. Meh.. EIE Fe.
    Anyway the guy was sx.. made him seem 8-ish.