TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default Examples of Duality

We need a thread about it.

Post anything but be sure that it really portraits the relationship (or a stage of it at least).

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I suspect there were some. For example, mine:
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...nd-conflicters

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLI/IEE

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yotsuba&! -- SoL manga about a father-daughter duo where the sober and realistic, yet still goofy, father figure (SLI) takes care of a cute little girl (IEE) who is driven purely by enthusiasm. After a while he grows tired of scolding her, so he just embraces her silly antics. And sometimes he even plays along.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@pinoline
    I always thought that Mamoru was LSE, specially in the first part of the anime. But I see him more SLI in this part and the rest or the series, so guess could be SLI 3Te. I can see Usagi as IEE for sure.

Anyway, IEEs can certainly abuse of our wallet. My IEE does it all the time .

More cute vids:

Omg @wasp, thank you!

I do say stuff like in the manga to my IEE all the time (does it counts as scolding? ).
    I'll read the whole manga.

Thanks both of you for sharing, that was really cute.

Edit. Reading it, he's so Si and lolz

Attachment 11549 Attachment 11550 Attachment 11551 Attachment 11552
    Last edited by Hope; 10-28-2017 at 08:53 PM.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think this could be another example of SLI-IEE duality, but it's so short that it's hard to say.

A poem titled, "But you didn't." which was later translated and then illustrated into a comic strip:

(Don't read this until you've finished reading the comic strip)
    "The author of the poem was an ordinary American woman, whose husband was drafted into the army and went to the battlefields of Vietnam when their daughter was four years old. From that point on, she and her daughter only had each other. Later, her husband unfortunately died on the battlefield. She was widowed, until she died of old age. When her daughter was organizing her remains, she discovered this poem that her mother had written to her father back then, titled, 'But you didn't.'"

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha duality, the rational one imo

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

shitty video quality, but the characters in the first half of the video are SLE-Ti and IEI-Fe.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE/SLI Duality.
    One of the best mangas.

https://youtu.be/xbA9ySTD94k

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

just wanna note that Tohru is obviously EII and Kyo is probably SLI

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SEI-ILE duality

But not everything is duality intertype...

Here is LIE-IEE for example

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think Leon is SLI, like obviously so, but I agree with Ne-lead for Mathilda. what has you thinking SEI for Leon? @lavos

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wasp View Post
    I think Leon is SLI, like obviously so, but I agree with Ne-lead for Mathilda. what has you thinking SEI for Leon? @lavos
    I used to think Jean Reno was ILI-Te but after observing him more, and his ressemblance to a chilhood friend of mine, I began to think they could be both SEI-Si. But that's a guess. I sometimes confuse super-ego's of different subtype (i.e. SEI-Si and ILI-Te). If he is ILI-Te, then it would make it a contrary relation, with which my point stands that a romantic relation worth having doesn't need to be a duality relation. There are plenty in movies (The English Patient for example). Love doesn't always match inter-type relations. Many times people wind up with a benefit, supervisory, contrary, or even conflictor relation (all not so good relations).

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lavos View Post
    I used to think Jean Reno was ILI-Te but after observing him more, and his ressemblance to a chilhood friend of mine, I began to think they could be both SEI-Si. But that's a guess. If he is ILI-Te, then it would make it a contrary relation, with which my point stands that a romantic relation worth having doesn't need to be a duality relation. There are plenty in movies (The English Patient for example).
    But we're not typing the actor, Jean Reno. We're typing the character, Leon. And I don't think anybody claimed romantic matches had to be duality, although I definitely agree that successful romantic relationships usually happen independent from duality. It's just not what this thread is about.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's just not what this thread is about.
    I don't care =P . Just wanted to make a point.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't care =P . Just wanted to make a point.
    lmao fair enough, but that still doesn't explain why you're typing a fictional character by VI-ing the actor who plays him

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lmao fair enough, but that still doesn't explain why you're typing a fictional character by VI-ing the actor who plays him
    That's because (and this is my personal view -- I'm sure some would disagree with me) an actor always plays characters that are the same sociotype as they are. Now you could think for example Meryl Streep or Robert Deniro, all the different characters they have played, but IMO they are always the same type. Different facets, but the same type always. People are always their type.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

That's because (and this is my personal view -- I'm sure some would disagree with me) an actor always plays characters that are the same sociotype as they are. Now you could think for example Meryl Streep or Robert Deniro, all the different characters they have played, but IMO they are always the same type. Different facets, but the same type always. People are always their type.
    Is it related to the type-casting that happens in Hollywood? I can see it with Denzel Washington, but I have a hard time seeing it with Meryl Streep:

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Meryl Streep is IEI and can be anyone.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    She probably is IEI or at least beta NF, and yeah she simply can morph herself into any character, but she will always be IEI.

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Weird I see her as ESE. One of the more clear ESE females there is in popular culture.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I agree Reno could be SEI however Leon would be SLI, Mathilda-ILE or IEE (but I lean towards ILE).
    I love the movie, btw.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

it's my favorite movie probably. Katniss and Peeta seem SLI-IEE, and apparently that's the only duality pairing I care about

Last edited by wasp; 10-30-2017 at 04:39 AM. Reason: removed the ramble

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@wasp why did you removed? I wanted to read.

I think Katniss could be SLI but Peeta is more like EII-Fi.

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tim Drake (Robin) and Stephanie Brown (Spoiler) are a comic books LII/ESE power couple.

Tim Drake: "You know, we'll have to pick a new meeting place when the leaves fall."
    Stephanie Brown: "Ooh, long range plans. I love it."
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1
    Bit of a comic books nerd, bit of a fashion nerd, a lot of a generalized nerd

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Makoto Naegi and Kyoto Kirigiri from Dangan Ronpa is EII/LSE. For reference, the game is essentially a cross between Phoenix Wright and The Hunger Games/Battle Royale. Students are forced to kill each other to get out of a locked school, but the twist is that the student also has to be able to get away with it and get someone else framed in the trial. Also, they are all super talented in some manner. Naegi is the empathetic, hopeful, passive main protagonist (he got into the school via a lottery system; so he's deemed to have "Super High School Level Good Luck") and Kirigiri is the main heroine with a keen detective mind and an unknown past. Combined, they're pretty much the only competent people in the building.

Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Syrup

I just have a lot of thoughts on the hunger games. I've reread the books several times - which is a miracle considering that I don't usually have the patience to finish books - so whenever the topic comes up, I get excited by the prospect of finally having an outlet for my lingering thg-related thoughts.

I used to type katniss ESI but back then I was less familiar with the delta quadra. cosmic teapot mentioned that she typed Katniss SLI, which I disagreed with, but then I read the type + quadra descriptions more thoroughly, and then I re-skimmed the first book and, after that, it was hard to type her differently, but ESI-Se is still a close second. what initially made me think ESI was her lack of awareness when it came to game dynamics. Ne-polr, to me, has always been the fear of being postured, but she's a dead-ringer for delta ST values, and her general disinterest in directly going against the Capitol and abolishing what she believes to be evil, points away from gamma SF and gamma values in general. This is just a precursor for next paragraph.

Peeta has always been strong in that area: "I don't want to be just a piece in their Games." He's aware of game dynamics and he knows how to position himself within the game's framework so as to subtly direct himself (and Katniss) into more favorable positions. That's always been integral to Ne-lead mentality, and he's far too skilled at playing along with Capitol shenanigans to be EII, which I've always chalked up to Fe-demonstrative. Personally I don't think an EII would be as willing to go along with Haymitch's plans, even if they're clever and well-intentioned, because it requires playing with people - such as Katniss - like they're chess pieces (for lack of a better term) and even if Haymitch's, "LOL go tell Katniss you love her on live television, lmfao! woooORRLDddSTAR hahah!" plan was for catnip-preservation purposes, I doubt an EII would agree to go along with it, so Fi-creative > Fi-lead for Peeta.

Another reason I think Fi-creative is when he confuses the heck out of Katniss in the first book by giving the false impression that he's allied with the careers. I understand that he did it to save her, but I'm still pretty convinced that an EII would seek out alternative solutions because, in the middle of that plan, it caused Katniss a great deal of confusion and distress. Here, he's more concerned about Ne (big-picture gains) than he is about Fi (ethics of relations), even if his initial drive was Fi. Now, contrast that with Cinna (EII) whose method of rebelling against the capital is through his work. Cinna never directly engages in the game, Se-PoLR. I feel like this is cosmic teapot's SLI theory in reverse: "SLI are people of craft + morals (Fi-HA)"

Except apply that to EII and they'd be people of morals + craft (Si-HA), as in Cinna expresses his morals through his craft. Specifically this quote: "I always channel my emotions into my work. That way, I don't hurt anyone but myself." Peeta doesn't. Peeta may dabble in artsy stuff but that isn't really how he goes about asserting his morality. He asserts his morality by directly engaging in the game, and he knows how to maneuver himself within it, and he doesn't put the same Fi restrictions on himself as Cinna. Circumstances may have forced him into that position, but his skill in that area is undeniable.

don't worry tho, I think everyone's entitled to their own opinions. That's just why I personally think SLI-IEE for that pairing
    Last edited by wasp; 10-30-2017 at 05:38 PM.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1:00 gets me every time

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Zoe(SLI) and Hoban(IEE) Washburne, Firefly (TV-Series)
    Holden(SLI) and Debbie(IEE), Mindhunter (TV-Series)

I would include pictures but I can't find any good ones.
    Last edited by Cosmic Teapot; 10-09-2018 at 05:00 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another Bat Family duality and a non-romantic one: Damian Wayne (current Robin) and Dick Grayson (former Robin, now Nightwing), LSI/EIE.

Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Syrup

I just have a lot of thoughts on the hunger games. I've reread the books several times - which is a miracle considering that I don't usually have the patience to finish books - so whenever the topic comes up, I get excited by the prospect of finally having an outlet for my lingering thg-related thoughts.

I used to type katniss ESI but back then I was less familiar with the delta quadra. cosmic teapot mentioned that she typed Katniss SLI, which I disagreed with, but then I read the type + quadra descriptions more thoroughly, and then I re-skimmed the first book and, after that, it was hard to type her differently, but ESI-Se is still a close second. what initially made me think ESI was her lack of awareness when it came to game dynamics. Ne-polr, to me, has always been the fear of being postured, but she's a dead-ringer for delta ST values, and her general disinterest in directly going against the Capitol and abolishing what she believes to be evil, points away from gamma SF and gamma values in general. This is just a precursor for next paragraph.

Peeta has always been strong in that area: "I don't want to be just a piece in their Games." He's aware of game dynamics and he knows how to position himself within the game's framework so as to subtly direct himself (and Katniss) into more favorable positions. That's always been integral to Ne-lead mentality, and he's far too skilled at playing along with Capitol shenanigans to be EII, which I've always chalked up to Fe-demonstrative. Personally I don't think an EII would be as willing to go along with Haymitch's plans, even if they're clever and well-intentioned, because it requires playing with people - such as Katniss - like they're chess pieces (for lack of a better term) and even if Haymitch's, "LOL go tell Katniss you love her on live television, lmfao! woooORRLDddSTAR hahah!" plan was for catnip-preservation purposes, I doubt an EII would agree to go along with it, so Fi-creative > Fi-lead for Peeta.

Another reason I think Fi-creative is when he confuses the heck out of Katniss in the first book by giving the false impression that he's allied with the careers. I understand that he did it to save her, but I'm still pretty convinced that an EII would seek out alternative solutions because, in the middle of that plan, it caused Katniss a great deal of confusion and distress. Here, he's more concerned about Ne (big-picture gains) than he is about Fi (ethics of relations), even if his initial drive was Fi. Now, contrast that with Cinna (EII) whose method of rebelling against the capital is through his work. Cinna never directly engages in the game, Se-PoLR. I feel like this is cosmic teapot's SLI theory in reverse: "SLI are people of craft + morals (Fi-HA)"

Except apply that to EII and they'd be people of morals + craft (Si-HA), as in Cinna expresses his morals through his craft. Specifically this quote: "I always channel my emotions into my work. That way, I don't hurt anyone but myself." Peeta doesn't. Peeta may dabble in artsy stuff but that isn't really how he goes about asserting his morality. He asserts his morality by directly engaging in the game, and he knows how to maneuver himself within it, and he doesn't put the same Fi restrictions on himself as Cinna. Circumstances may have forced him into that position, but his skill in that area is undeniable.

don't worry tho, I think everyone's entitled to their own opinions. That's just why I personally think SLI-IEE for that pairing
    That would explain why I spent the first book shouting: "NO, YOU IDIOT," at Katniss
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuavaDrunk View Post
    That would explain why I spent the first book shouting: "NO, YOU IDIOT," at Katniss
    who even likes Gale
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stellafera View Post
    who even likes Gale
    Me. Hand him over I VOLUNTEER! I thought he was a very capable and strong character, like Katniss. Didn't like Peeta as much, he had charm but not the necessary grit.

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Me. Hand him over I VOLUNTEER! I thought he was a very capable and strong character, like Katniss. Didn't like Peeta as much, he had charm but not the necessary grit.
    I saw things the opposite way (disclaimer, only read the first two books + first few chapters of Mockingjay, and also I read them years ago). It felt like Gale didn't go through as much. He was just his cool self being all rebellious and shit in the forest. Peeta suffered the same horrors Katniss did, and yet he takes it upon himself to not get to express his mind. He's the one who decides to be the diplomat. Sure, he really did love Katniss, but he also strategically publicized their relationship to win them all-important public support. He holds back his own opinions to be who he needs to be.

Brilliant

Plus, his name is BREAD and he works as a BAKER in a country NAMED A GRAMMATICALLY INCORRECT FORM OF BREAD. That's hilarious.
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stellafera View Post
    I saw things the opposite way (disclaimer, only read the first two books + first few chapters of Mockingjay, and also I read them years ago). It felt like Gale didn't go through as much. He was just his cool self being all rebellious and shit in the forest. Peeta suffered the same horrors Katniss did, and yet he takes it upon himself to not get to express his mind. He's the one who decides to be the diplomat. Sure, he really did love Katniss, but he also strategically publicized their relationship to win them all-important public support. He holds back his own opinions to be who he needs to be.

Brilliant

Plus, his name is BREAD and he works as a BAKER in a country NAMED A GRAMMATICALLY INCORRECT FORM OF BREAD. That's hilarious.
    Yes sure! I appreciate the people-savvy skills as well. And of course it is easier to like him as he gets way more focus, is more involved, as you say he faces the same hardship. But as a character per se, Gale has hands-on competence. I'm sure he would've made it far in the games. Peeta however, was saved by Katniss. Which is also an interesting dynamic somehow. Logical versus ethical type there!

The word play

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SEE and ILI Duality 100%

Sigh this dynamic is so eerily similar to the dynamic I had between my ex and I.. Especially in regards to the large age gap.
    I could see the protagonist and I being identicals. I feel like she is my twin.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this can be LII-ESE Duality.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

N man, S woman

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE-SLI Not duality, but there's a cute SLI

Last edited by Stellafera; 11-19-2017 at 06:23 PM.
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast