Thread: Does supervision work in a work scenario?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Does supervision work in a work scenario?

When the actual non-socionics supervisor is the socionics supervisee ? I'm ruminating the types of certain people. I'm blasted by the knowledge that, according to socionics, it might be a total fail...Do you know any cases where it might have been somewhat satisfactory? I'm mostly concerned with information exchange - it might lead to misunderstanding even about the basics of the work at hand. Dish me please.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To further details, I'd initially thought this person was SLI but now i'm fairly certain they're SLE and will be my supervisor if i end up receiving an offer.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel that LSEs understand what I need before I even finish speaking (work wise, at least). A supervisor supervisee can take care of difficult things for you, that you don't want to deal with yourself.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lemontrees View Post
    I feel that LSEs understand what I need before I even finish speaking (work wise, at least). A supervisor supervisee can take care of difficult things for you, that you don't want to deal with yourself.
    I feel like i'm having the opposite experience: we're doing a trial and the SLE keeps telling me i'm not understanding what he is saying, like his directions, and that as a result he is not satisfied with the work I've delivered so far. I on the other hand feel like he isn't forthcoming with information and that his direction is insufficient. Does this sound like supervision to you?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I've had more than several supervisor-types work for me with no incidents that affected communication or work. I think the term supervisor is a bit misleading; I would prefer a term like 'directionally blind'. I find the supervisor is blind toward the supervisee's approach and so has an urge to want to change it; however, their lack of trust and anxiety about potential failure may lessen somewhat (but never fully go away) after the real supervisors show consistent success with their approaches. Supervisors look upon the supervisee's approach as foreign or threatening but the reverse is not true. A good leader trusts their own instincts; they will listen to their supervisor types but not be ruled by them......
    a.k.a. I/O

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Initially, a subrevisie will be taken with more scepticism. If he'll actually ok in what he does - there should not be problems.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I feel like i'm having the opposite experience: we're doing a trial and the SLE keeps telling me i'm not understanding what he is saying, like his directions, and that as a result he is not satisfied with the work I've delivered so far. I on the other hand feel like he isn't forthcoming with information and that his direction is insufficient. Does this sound like supervision to you?
    Not sure. It sounds stressful though.