Thread: Discussion of model B

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Discussion of model B

I just have put the main part of model B in the article section and would like to discuss it here because I did not finish translating it yet. Please, comment if you wish to do so. I need to improve it - to make it more appropriate in sound. If you think that I should take away the parts where it is assocaited with religion or afterlife - please say so. I will be very thankful for any help. And... on the whole, do you think that this model has got right to exist? Of course it is not perfect but it can be refined and elaborated. I see it as a stepping stone or just a new beginning. Do not be afrraid to be as hard as you wish - I am not taking it personal. the model was never planned - it just happened like children which you do not plan.
    School of Associative socionics: http://socionics4you.com/

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks to jsb07 for reply. I have added some more info which explains the mecahnism of aquiring info (information flow) and changes within the modes of conscious.

At this moment it does not explain neither interfunctional relationships for each type no interrelatuionships between the types. So...not of much use for a person, is it?

What can model B say about the person to what we already know?

1. It suggests that each type has to relax into his ID if the person wants to be happy, to balance opposition between his Ego functions and Id functions.

2. It explains to what block the types belong originally and what psychic forces constitute the major conflict or opposition for balancing.

3. It shows how the personality developes: when it goes through a particualr block and what model of conscious it cquires.

4. It shows that there is more to conscious than just collective unconscious. How and why we develop these different modes of conscious: conscious-dynamics.

5. The model attached each function to a particular block and described the interrelationships between the blocks :block-psychodynamics. The next step will be functional interrelationships or function-dynamics :wink: .

6. Theory of colour in socionics: model attached colour to each function and therefore opens the door to our understanding of the relationship between colours and psychological characteristics from the perspective of socionics.

7. It entegrates the dihotomies like statics/dynamics, rationality/irrationality, extraversion/introversion and... the christian wisdom. I hope to entegrate more of Reinin dichotomies later.

This is probably not all points but a few. The model opens the new perspective in a socionic theory. It does not mean that the model is not flawed in one way or the other. It is a shame that people do not understand it. It is a challenge for me too - what am I gonna do with that?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Olga, I'm just starting to read the new article and I have a question. When you say

Quote Originally Posted by Olga
    Interaction is based on two principles of balancing and identification. Balancing is achieved along the diagonal or between the functions of different colour/version and the identification of personality from the vertical line as the result of this process.

Symbol of cross is an original basis for Model B. Jesus taught that He is the only Way and the Truth (vertical line). Main commandment: “love your neighbour as much as you love yourself “ is associated with the idea of balancing (diagonal).
    what do you mean by diagonal? Did you mean to say horizontal?

By the way, if you want to format things with spacing you can use the code tag like this:

Code:
    Ne.......|.......Ni
      Ti.....|.....Te
        Fi...|...Fe
    Se.......|.......Si
    It preserves your original spacing. Just enclose whatever you want to space inside tags that say [ code] [ /code] (only without the space after the initial bracket---I put that in so it would display the tags instead of hiding them).
    NiTe | Socionix

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Sarah. Yes, I meant horisontal line. I do idiotic mistakes quite often like saying she instead of he or find it difficult to find a word and use something completely inappropriate to the situation. Whan I worked in the Brain injury rehab I observed people whose language skills are destroyed as they talk a complete non-sense but emotionally they were intact, just could not express themselves rationally. I think it may be realted to (or memory for langauge) being weak or damaged.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for mistakes, I am terrible in spelling and typing.

Another way to look into model B is by considering the statements from the Model to see whether they make sense for each type.

For example, model suggests that types will automatically or subconsciously attend to the function which is opposite in colour to their program function.

I mean, dominanat Ti will attend to Te and on the opposite, Fi to Fe, Si to Se and so forth. For example, ISFJ and INFJ with dominant Fi will automatically attend to the Fe info. ENTJs will attend automatically to Ti info. INTPs to Ne info.

The problem is however to apply it to real life situation. If I say ISFJ and INFJ do subconsciously react on any emotional info - this is understandable. But...if we shall consider ENTPs and say that they will react and attend automatically to info related to Ni function...then we need to think what exactly we mean by Ni info which would activate their dominant Ne function.

If we can apply this statement to real life - then this would be a good start.

Balancing on the first oppositon for each type will mean that they should not go deep into their dominanat function - not to overuse it as in this case they will dry out on the function which is opposite in colour to their dominant function. Surely, we do have a tendency to use our dominant function as it is the strongest in the structure - therefore there is a danger of disbalance.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi to all. Just have added a few pictures from my old topic about model B.
    Pictures are not new but I added brief explanations to them.
    I can not believe that the whole idea of the model is so difficult to grasp