Meruem: ILI
    Pouf: Ni-EIE
    Pitou: Ne-IEE
    Youpi: SLI or LSI
    Welfin: EIE
    Leol: Se-SLE
    Cheetu: SEE
    Colt: xSI
    Last edited by suedehead; 09-15-2017 at 06:37 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gon an SEE? Interesting

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister12 View Post
    Gon an SEE? Interesting
    Almost every Shōnen protagonist is SEE. Example Naruto.

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Don't care about the typology, but it's the best anime I've ever watched. The Chimera Ant Arc was a bloody masterpiece.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitta View Post
    Don't care about the typology, but it's the best anime I've ever watched. The Chimera Ant Arc was a bloody masterpiece.
    I think Meruem & Komugi are probably the best characters in the entire anime.. maybe Hisoka as well. The other characters I found to be boring.

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    I think Meruem & Komugi are probably the best characters in the entire anime.. maybe Hisoka as well. The other characters I found to be boring.
    I loved all the characters and the whole show. Gon and Killua's relationship was beautiful. It subverted expectations in the most amazing ways. It's like the characters weren't really who you thought they were. Hisoka gives this explanation of the personality of the Nen types, and he turns out to be a sage of sorts in this regard. Everyone was telling Killua that he was going to betray Gon, but in a sense Gon was the one that betrayed Killua because he wears his heart on his sleeve and can't control his emotions.

Netero had just as much to do with Meruem's transformation as Komugi. After getting beaten by Komugi so many times, he walks outside of the Palace and proclaims that he is the best at the most important thing in the world.. violence. Meruem looks at his game with Netero as a gungi match. And even though Meruem was much much stronger than Netero, Netero won the game..and checkmated Meruem. This happened right after his speech on how he was the end of the evolution line which reigned dominant over all other life forms. Netero taught Meruem something about the individual and its potential. Meruem enjoyed losing to Komugi and never defeating her. A blind girl with no abilities with snot hanging out of her nose, could defeat the genius unstoppable end of the evolutionary chain without ever losing. Meruem lost his match in the skill he was supposed to be unbeatable to Netero. Meruem realized that snuffing the individual potential out of things, because individual potential is unlimited.

I can go on and on about the Chimera Ant Arc. It is the most beautifully philosophical arc I've seen. How Meruem and Gon moved in opposite directions was another thing that was beautifully done. Literally everything was mirrored. There are just so many things in that arc I could go into, and it may be my favorite thing I've ever watched in any type of format.
    Last edited by Hitta; 06-23-2020 at 04:22 PM.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why does Gon seem like too softish to be SEE, I can see the valued Se but not in the dominant spot, I actually thought Ell for him at first sight.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BrolyV2 View Post
    Why does Gon seem like too softish to be SEE, I can see the valued Se but not in the dominant spot, I actually thought Ell for him at first sight.
    NOPE.

Fi is weird af: https://cognitivetype.com/fi-behaviorism-mythology/

its how a lot of Mbti INFPs are tbh.. bizzare snowflake faeries.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t see SEE in Gon someone gonna have to convince me.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BrolyV2 View Post
    I don’t see SEE in Gon someone gonna have to convince me.
    Almost all shōnen manga protagonists are SEE, example Naruto, Gon. Se ego is a requirement otherwise it would get boring fast as non Se egos are not comfortable enough with confrontation, especially not physical... so it would end up being more like Edward Elrich who freaks out about dying and runs the fuck away at first / has to rely on quick thinking & ingenuity (ILE). Having strong volition comes with Se ego as well, needing to be outgoing and physical means Se as well.
    Last edited by SGF; 07-08-2020 at 10:15 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post
    Almost all shōnen manga protagonists are SEE, example Naruto, Gon. Se ego is a requirement otherwise it would get boring fast as non Se egos are not comfortable enough with confrontation, especially not physical... so it would end up being more like Edward Elrich who freaks out about dying and runs the fuck away at first / has to rely on quick thinking & ingenuity (ILE). Having strong volition comes with Se ego as well, needing to be outgoing and physical means Se as well.
    Imagine a manga in which resolving conflict and overcoming difficulties aren't based on physical confrontation. Why, the writers might have to work a bit harder.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Imagine a manga in which resolving conflict and overcoming difficulties aren't based on physical confrontation. Why, the writers might have to work a bit harder.
    Shōnen manga is aimed at teenage males and is characterized by high-action & adventure, featuring young male protagonists. It would no longer be shōnen manga. There are plenty of shows which don't feature SEE protagonists.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gon SEE This is obvious, strong willpower and strong connection to his personal relationships.

Killua SLE This was harder, later in the show he acts more vulnerable I saw someone type him ILI I could see that.

Kurapika ILI or ESI I think he is ILI because of his ability to execute extremely complex plans.

Leorio SEE I have seen him typed LIE which could make sense but he seems ethical, and he's pretty brave and stands up to his friends pretty strongly. Like when he punched Gon's dad for not visiting him in the hospital.

Netero SEE The Se is obvious, but he seems pretty democratic he is even polite to Colt even when he is a chimera.

Hisoka EIE He is probably the hardest to type, but did you know that bungee-gum has the properties of both rubber and gum?

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ImOutThere View Post
    Gon SEE This is obvious, strong willpower and strong connection to his personal relationships.

Leorio SEE I have seen him typed LIE which could make sense but he seems ethical, and he's pretty brave and stands up to his friends pretty strongly. Like when he punched Gon's dad for not visiting him in the hospital.
    Most Te leads in fiction are borderline sociopathic but he seems to match better with the ones I know in real life. The "brave and stands up to his friends" reminds me of @nanashi. Sometimes a bit overkill in that aspect lmao. He seems stupid and not T lead but I feel like it's because he's placed into the role of the comic relief. He's very studious and has a long term plan to $bring that cash in$, not very impulsive but willing to takes risks

Also ngl I really, REALLY want Leorio and Kurapika to be duals. Especially how they didn't like each other at first and then later became basically married in the story. Also... main characters !quadra!

LIE talking to EII about taking care of ESI

ESI to LIE (when they initially disliked each other)
    "You can't buy class with money"

From the official wiki page for Kurapika x Leorio slash ship on their relationship

When Leorio and Kurapika first met each other at the beginning in the Hunter Exam arc, Kurapika didn't really like Leorio (and because of that Leorio didn't like him either). Leorio didn't make the best first impression on him, saying his fake reason for becoming a Hunter. But the more Kurapika got to know him, the more he saw how nice and good Leorio actually is. Especially after Leorio told him the real reason why he wanted to become a Hunter. That was the moment when their friendship began.
    Because of their opposite personalities, they quarrel quite a lot through the series, but always quickly make up, even if not verbally. They care about each other a lot, what could be seen in both the main series and the movies - Leorio was a few times even saved by Kurapika and the other way around.
    Last edited by Tzuyu; 10-04-2020 at 08:01 PM.

TIM
    ILE C Ne - ENTp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

isn't Gon ESE?
    Se also confuses me but maybe He's ESFj-C?