Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you determine your DCNH subtype?

TIM
    RLOEI 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How do you determine your DCNH subtype?

I would like to know what mine is.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This should be helpful. At least that's how I determined mine.
    KEEP IT LIGHT AND KEEP IT MOVING

TIM
    RLOEI 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    This should be helpful. At least that's how I determined mine.
    I suppose I'll go with harmonizing, since I'm certain that I am connecting and distancing. Also the description near the bottom of the page applies to me better than the others there:
    • Strengthening function forms shut-off, self-submerged, up to autistic behavior. This is secondary harmonization in terms of a spiritual-mental plan.

If my subtype is harmonizing, which subtype would be my "subtype dual"? The article states that subtype duality "appears between opposite subtypes", but no subtype seems to be my opposite. I share one dichotomy preference with all other subtypes. I don't understand how to interpret this graph:

Does this mean that C is my "subtype dual", since they're opposite of H here?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Attis: Yes. If you're H (Ni) your dual will be C (Se).

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

H with certainty.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-There are only 4 subtypes so with time you have compared yourself with many people and your own subtype becomes evident

- you'll get the far most comfortable and intense connection with your subtype "dual". If you are D you get the best compatibility with N etc. So you can definitely use this fact too.

- what is your most natural approach to work? Not what you want it to be but what it really is.

- Learn what the connecting/ignoring dichotomy means. Not just in theory but in real face to face situations.

- Compare your identicals. They can seem very different. Then your own subtype will emerge.

- The Normalizer has probably the least interesting or "cool" description. So people might avoid typing themselves as N. But N is really common. In the general population probably close to 50%.

- the rest is just reading the theory. Many times.

But knowing your subtype makes much more sense when you actually know the whole phenomenon and can observe it very quickly in strangers.

DCNH is fun!
    Last edited by Tallmo; 08-28-2017 at 12:28 PM.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think there exists hybrids. I'm somewhat creative subtype but I'm not extremely creative subtype. Regarding other ILE's that I have seen I think I tend to be higher end on harmonizing aspects IRL. Maybe it comes off bit like "two faced" type. People call me either energetic or calming and easy to talk to.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Tallmo: Is it normal to be a LII-Ti (Rational subtype) and H in DCNH, even though I'm not attracted to Cs?

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Tallmo: Is it normal to be a LII-Ti (Rational subtype) and H in DCNH, even though I'm not attracted to Cs?
    I only know DCNH so I cant answer that.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    H with certainty.
    I was thinking the same when i saw your picture. But i guess you removed it.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    I think there exists hybrids. I'm somewhat creative subtype but I'm not extremely creative subtype. Regarding other ILE's that I have seen I think I tend to be higher end on harmonizing aspects IRL. Maybe it comes off bit like "two faced" type. People call me either energetic or calming and easy to talk to.
    My experience is that most people have a very clear dcnh type.

I had the same thought when i started with dcnh. That i might be in between. But after years of observing i think the subtypes are mostly very distinct.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I guess I might be H then just by based how certain egos treat me. Self submerged mind is what tend to have. Creatives are bit more compatible for my taste.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

This one has the descriptions, I found it very useful.
    Last edited by Hope; 08-27-2017 at 10:22 PM.

TIM
    RLOEI 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Your caregiver in turn View Post
    This one has the descriptions, I found it very useful.
    That site cannot be reached.

sitedown.PNG

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Attis View Post

sitedown.PNG
    http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p..._Vera_Borisova
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

sitedown.PNG
    sorry, fixed.

Sir that's my emotional support gremlin ApeironStella's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-Ne 5w4 594 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Huh... I find any other than D possible for myself but going by my actions and "work ethics", I don't really have things orderly and work on a really inconsistent basis- according to what catches my interest. So likely not Normalizing? Likely Harmonizing or Creative, but I really dislike gender roles etc quite a bit. Tentatively assuming Creative then?

TIM
    RLOEI 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    H with certainty.
    Are you saying that I'm H with certainty, or that you're H with certainty?

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I most naturally and happily fit the creative subtype, but when I feel boxed in, stopped or held back by something or someone, I become more controlling and demanding in my efforts to remove the obstacle which is more like the dominant subtype with the order aspects of the normalizing.

As to how to determine your own, reading the links people gave is a good start. It's been years since I looked into this subtype system more thoroughly so I can't be of any more help than that.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

• Symmetrical attractive relations. Conditionally this is called subtype duality. They appear between opposite subtypes. They bear a smoothing, harmonizing nature. They are difficult to begin at first, but then partners all the more greatly begin to value the advantages of the division of labor that these relations provide them. The harder the conditions for existence, the more durable they are.

• Symmetrical repellent relations. They are called subtype identity. Their bearing is creative. They appear between identical subtypes. Mutual lift is caused at first, but differences increase in the course of time within the dyad and mutual disappointment begins. Verification of the strength (of the relationship), as a rule, is not performed. They are useful for duplicating, redundancy, preparation for change.

• Asymmetric attractive relations. The working name is subtype benefit. Their nature includes pushing, urging, and one-sided activation. D-subtype prevails over C-subtype. C prevails over N-subtype. Normalizing, in turn, prevails over H-subtype. But harmonizer, by paradoxical means, influences the dominant participant. Thus the circle is locked. These relations are the main accelerators of group dynamics.

• Asymmetric repellent relations. For their designation we will use the code term subtype supervision. They bear the nature of rate setting, retention within the framework, one-sided braking. They are directed in the opposite direction in comparison to benefit. They are useful from the point of view of correction, the correction of errors. Dominant inspects harmonizing. Harmonizing inspects normalizing. Normalizing impedes and corrects creative. And creative - dominant. And here occurs the closing of the outline, only in the reverse direction of the main vector.
    I can see this.
    So in case of benefit there is tendency for ILE to go towards EIE or LSE and in supervision LSI or EII characteristics.
    LII goes towards following in case of benefit it is IEI or SLI and in case of supervision it is SLE or IEE.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On second thought my very vague guess is that you maybe are N. But D is also possible. D has strong base function (Ti in LII). But N has strong TiFi awareness. (Or whatever the dcnh function should be called.) On top of that N has strong Role.

D-LII strong Base + FeTe "awareness"
    N-LII strong Role + TiFi "awareness"

The bolded part shows why someone could possibly type himself Ti-LII (2-subtypes).

(I dont really know what to call the "dcnh functions". I use awareness for lack of better name. ). But they seem to be disconnected from the model A structure)

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DCNH doesn´t really exist, after many years of socionics I suggest you to avoid this theory, it adds a layer of confusion.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    On second thought my very vague guess is that you maybe are N. But D is also possible. D has strong base function (Ti in LII). But N has strong TiFi awareness. (Or whatever the dcnh function should be called.) On top of that N has strong Role.

D-LII strong Base + FeTe "awareness"
    N-LII strong Role + TiFi "awareness"

The bolded part shows why someone could possibly type himself Ti-LII (2-subtypes).

(I dont really know what to call the "dcnh functions". I use awareness for lack of better name. ). But they seem to be disconnected from the model A structure)
    Thank you. So, my first guess of being a Normalizing was correct. The real problem is that my preferences towards Rational and Static are not very strong. That's why I've been considering Harmonizing too (which is Initiating and Connecting).

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    DCNH doesn´t really exist, after many years of socionics I suggest you to avoid this theory, it adds a layer of confusion.
    THIS.

It's a useless theory, imo.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Types are the same but focus differs hence you should try to get type right and after that do the subtype.

Harmonizing subtypes with strong Ni have some sort of propensity to daydreaming which is shown as running scenarios in head (I'm very much like this). They might have weird grin on their face.
    Harmonizing subtypes with strong Si pays attention to surroundings from aesthetical perspective.

Creative subtypes with strong Ne is continually offering different solutions.
    Creative subtypes with strong Se are very influential people in their environment.

Dominant subtypes with strong Te are very task orientated and being productive.
    Dominant subtypes with strong Fe are very focused on people.

Normalizing subtypes with strong Ti are focused on structures (Gulenko).
    Normalizing subtypes with strong Fi are focused on doing the right thing.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Are you saying that I'm H with certainty, or that you're H with certainty?
    Your subtype
    @Tallmo as for my own it's either H or C.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would like to know what mine is.
    If you type yourself H-ILI you can compare with Silvia, queen of Sweden, whom I type H-ILI.

(there might also be something in English if you search her.)

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reverie View Post
    I also read somewhere once that it's not just DCHN. It's like H-Ni or H-Si. So it can be split into 8 Subtypes from the 4:
    http://personalitycafe.com/socionics.../topics/169769
    The H has both Ni and Si. But sometimes one is stronger. 8 subtypes split is not always possible because they seem often equally strong.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm probably H subtype but I wanna be C. I mostly get along with other Hs and Cs so that makes sense.

More specifically, H-Ni. The "self-submerged, autistic" subtype.

Screenshot (4).png
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deviation from the set standard. Thats its purpose in the first place; Add grayscale to where there was a black and white gestalt of a reality that has a full color spectrum

Too many combos to spell out.

Id say if you want answers, you should compare your strengths and weaknesses with the stereotype. *4-3-2-1-1-2-3-4, and factor in the first level subtype.
    Base. **4.25-2.75-1.75-1.25-.75-2.25-3.25-3.75.
    Creative. **3.75-3.25-2.25-.75-1.25-1.75-2.75-4.25
    NB: * Refers to dimensionality, **refers to the deviation of competency with those dimensions.

Now, I acsribe to the philosophy that when you use an element, say Ni, you shut off the lens of its inverse, Si in this case. They pick up information or process information inherently antithetical to the other. One grows while the other does not. How you deviate from the base or creative subtype will show you where you accentuate in the DCNH system. Keep in mind that for Ni, Ne will grow as a byproduct.

I.E., having a D subtype will make one Je stronger in deviation, and the other Je weaker. If both Je functions are stronger, you are likely not a D subtype, but rather an N or a C, as accentuation in those strengthens Je as a byproduct of it own growth.

DCNH gets really convoluted and contradictory, but in spirit its just taking basic principles of growth and extrapolating them to account for how people dont fit neatly into the basic Socionics model. The goal, to create a more flexible model that reflects reality a little bit better. 1 in 16 becomes, 1 in 32 with a subtype, and 1 in 128 with DCNH. But its still not going to work perfectly for reality until its 1 in 7 billion. So stick with the basic principles, and color outside the lines until the drawing makes sense.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Pookie

Can you tell me if I'm doing it right?

I am a LII-Ti and I'm undecided between N and H subtype.

In terms of Dimensionality, my Ti would be 4.25D and my Fi 1.75D, so the difference between my Ji1 (Ti) and my Ji2 (Fi) is 2.50D.

The difference between my Pi1 (Ni, 3.75D) and my Pi2 (Si, 1.75D) is instead 2D.

Since there is more discrepancy between Introverted Rational IEs, my subtype should be N.

Is this what you mean?

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Pookie

Can you tell me if I'm doing it right?

I am a LII-Ti and I'm undecided between N and H subtype.

In terms of Dimensionality, my Ti would be 4.25D and my Fi 1.75D, so the difference between my Ji1 (Ti) and my Ji2 (Fi) is 2.50D.

The difference between my Pi1 (Ni, 3.75D) and my Pi2 (Si, 1.75D) is instead 2D.

Since there is more discrepancy between Introverted Rational IEs, my subtype should be N.

Is this what you mean?
    No. Total difference is irrelevant. Difference from what your supposed to have, and reality is the marker. As an LII those fit LII-Ti. DCNH is an accentuation beyond that. You'd need to reflect on yourself and see how you differentiate from LII-Ti.

Do you neglect you're HA(Si) and over consider of your Demonstrative Ni? Vice versa?
    Is your Role usage and ability less than your LII-Ti peers?
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    No. Total difference is irrelevant. Difference from what your supposed to have, and reality is the marker. As an LII those fit LII-Ti. DCNH is an accentuation beyond that. You'd need to reflect on yourself and see how you differentiate from LII-Ti.

Do you neglect you're HA(Si) and over consider of your Demonstrative Ni? Vice versa?
    Is your Role usage and ability less than your LII-Ti peers?
    I feel like I use more Role (Fi) and less HA (Si) compared to the average. Does this make me Harmonizing subtype?

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Exception View Post
    I'm probably H subtype but I wanna be C. I mostly get along with other Hs and Cs so that makes sense.

Screenshot (4).png
    I'm D in DCNH. Te / Se / Ti ones fit me from your table. For behaviour: lingering (persistent), then I can easily be in excitable mode too and sometimes formal-pedantic. Group roles engine, coordinator, can be contactor too.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Exception View Post

Screenshot (4).png
    Does this table works for all types? If I'm SLI Te I'm Dominant subtype? I thought I was creative because Te is the creative function.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It may be useful to think in terms of accentuated temperament. D = EJ, C = EP, N = IJ, and H = IP. So, you have your base type and temperament, but you'll be a bit more like one of the other temperaments than usual for your type (unless you happen to be the DCNH type that fits your base temperament.) There's more to it than that, but it may give a sort of simplified picture to start from.

(As I refresh my memory on this, it becomes very clear again that I'm most certainly creative subtype. "Creative subtype, one way or another, finds himself in the sphere of ideas and creativity, and this doesn't have to be something artistic – it may well be scientific or a hobby; generally, a creative element is introduced into any pursuit, otherwise the Creative subtype feels uninterested." This is me. Along with the rest of the description, but very aptly summed up in that sentence.)

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like I use more Role (Fi) and less HA (Si) compared to the average. Does this make me Harmonizing subtype?
    Using more Fi and Ti would make you Normalizing subtype - since those are the IJ elements, and also fits with what you said in the orderliness thread as N is the most orderly subtype.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I still don't get it.
    I don't think at any rate that I share Ej temperament features… and the description I posted says that the Creative subtype is the one who shares more mirror traits, in my case, my mirror is ESTj… (so its like a contradiction since D=Ej, but C= Mirror, and my mirror is Ej)

Personally I feel identified with both, D and C. I think that I can resemble ESTj in an intellectual/mental degree, but I've always been too chaotic or messy for relating to j traits. According other tests, my subtype is 1Te (my creative function), so it makes me a Creative subtype according description. I think that I feel more identified internally with C, but if I look at certain things in my life I can definitely see D. Plus I relate a lot to type descriptions (as D description says) and the fact that I always score my type can be related to that too, guess.

I've heard somewhere that one can change subtype during the life, so maybe its related to that, I don't know.
    Last edited by Hope; 09-05-2017 at 04:09 AM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Using more Fi and Ti would make you Normalizing subtype - since those are the IJ elements, and also fits with what you said in the orderliness thread as N is the most orderly subtype.
    I don't agree with that, though I acknowledge that opinions are just that. Increased usage of one Ji leads to less usage of the other. Hence why a base subtype has weaker role than a creative subtype.
    But also, the two Ji(or Pi, Pe, Je) attitudes have contradictory philosophies(ex. Fe is about inferring and discerning, whereas Te sticks to the facts. Both devalue the others importance). Using both enough that your comparitively stronger than your same type peers would, Imo, lessen the Normalizing attitude altogether, as they muddy each other's waters.

As an H-IEI, I have exceptionally weak Si, and better than Average Fi and Ti. Because those two conflict often in choices of action, I default to another spectrum altogether and rely even heavier on my Ni.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    I don't agree with that, though I acknowledge that opinions are just that. Increased usage of one Ji leads to less usage of the other. Hence why a base subtype has weaker role than a creative subtype.

But also, the two Ji(or Pi, Pe, Je) attitudes have contradictory philosophies(ex. Fe is about inferring and discerning, whereas Te sticks to the facts. Both devalue the others importance). Using both enough that your comparitively stronger than your same type peers would, Imo, lessen the Normalizing attitude altogether, as they muddy each other's waters.

As an H-IEI, I have exceptionally weak Si, and better than Average Fi and Ti. Because those two conflict often in choices of action, I default to another spectrum altogether and rely even heavier on my Ni.
    I'm just reporting what the article itself said. I think it's more like a layer on top of type rather than working within Model A - as clearly you're right about one Ji lessening the other according to model A and standard socionics theory, and this contradicts that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulenko
    Strengthening the linear-assertive functions , whatever position this pair occupies within the framework of the sociomodel, forms a dominant subtype (D).
    Strengthening of the mobile-flexible functions leads to the appearance of a creative subtype (C).
    Strengthening of the balanced-stable functions gives a normalizing subtype (N).
    Strengthening the receptive-adaptive functions engenders a harmonizing subtype (H).

These functions are strengthened precisely in pairs, since they possess close energization (another way of saying they complement each other).
    Edit: Put it this way, I think it's more behavioral than cognitive. Socionics theory is cognitive and the 2-subtype theory is as well, but DCNH seems to focus more social interactions (who plays what role in a group) and on behavioral traits than anything else.
    Last edited by squark; 09-05-2017 at 04:22 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast