Thread: Yoda

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Yoda

My favourite Star wars character but confused about type, please help.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

IEI or EII. Enneagram type is certainly 9w1 SO/SX.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the prequel series he seems more Delta but slightly more Beta in the original series so you have a point. He could be an EII-Ne which makes him seem slightly zany and speak in metaphors in Episode V.

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking 14Raptor19's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yoda is an INTP. He lives alone, meditates, concentrates, is a lot like Albert Einstein, random, mumbling in metaphors and paradoxes. Yoda turns the hands of fate to see clearly into the full and momentous nature of events, of mystery, of wisdom. Yoda is very philosophical, not practical mind you like an INFJ, a very common mistyping for him. However, the very most common opinion on Yoda's type is INTP, which is what I know he is. Yoda is very absent minded like Ein, thoughtful, pondering, looking within himself, detaching from emotion, from the physical, from activity. The way Yoda is so remote, so imaginative, so unrealistic, so illogical, so voyaging within the mental labyrinth, he's as purely theoretical of a person as you can possibly find, whereas the INFJs are too concerned about reading the mystical "as it relates to reality". Yoda is relating to the magical "as a sense of explosive mental world possibility spectra". Yoda is Ne, not Ni. He's INTP, not INFJ.
    Raptor had to lose in 2006 to become Revan, important errands of knighthood and valor to walk with Pokemon and charm the melodies of sweet channels to lush frenzy galloping solo yet swiftly into the sunrise for maximum presents and signed in deluxe oceans of fast trading cards bazooka cascading rumba of love Force constellations restoring last battle cardinal plants actively swirling for juice and petals to wishes
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Seems to be Ni base.

Someone out there tell me what is R2D2's type.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

TiNe, he is.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alpha LII Ti-Ni

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

He reacts to actions and guides actions rather than explains. That is not very rational process.

Feel da force, I tell ya.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BrightDemonSheep96 View Post
    Seems to be Ni base.

R2D2 is some kind of mechanic type, probably a Ti user. He rushes in with emergency fixes, thinks very quickly, is very bull headed charging into action, is very self confident, spontaneous, and so forth.

C3P0 I don't know what he is for sure, maybe ISTJ due to organized manor, following rules and probabilities, being kind of professor like like INTP, yet duty service humanity helper like ISFJ, so I think he's in the middle of the 2, ISTJ.

Of course, C3P0 could even be an ENFJ, talkative, harmonizing, diplomatic, relationship promoting, dramatic, exuberant. C3P0 is 1 tough nut to crack.

Back to your question, let's just guess that R2D2 is an ISTP, but he could be any Ti type.
    Raptor had to lose in 2006 to become Revan, important errands of knighthood and valor to walk with Pokemon and charm the melodies of sweet channels to lush frenzy galloping solo yet swiftly into the sunrise for maximum presents and signed in deluxe oceans of fast trading cards bazooka cascading rumba of love Force constellations restoring last battle cardinal plants actively swirling for juice and petals to wishes

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yoda master who is aware of the hidden motives of his opponents - INFP Gorky

Benefit Inter-type Relationship

OR

Yoda master who is aware of the power (political) structures of his environment - ESTP Robespierre

Supervision Inter-type Relationship

Last edited by khcs; 04-03-2021 at 08:21 AM.
    This is the comment you are looking for

TIM
    itsp
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sli, dersu uzala in space - quasi-yiddish riddlespeak a veneer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    I understand by facts that telepathy exists. At now I experiment with future guessing.

TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see some truth in going to Yoda as an INFP, the Healer.

He is fond of thinking in terms of the Tao, of Yin and Yang, recollecting on nature, oneness, inner peace, compassion, cloudy theories, childlike/imaginative playfulness, fondness of fairytales. Yoda as an INFP is not too far off.

However, I refuse to believe that Yoda is an INFJ. He's not THAT into the real life physical future.

I Love Star Wars by the way for getting My feet off the ground, for hijacking the mainframe of extra portals to the magnificent plaza of enjoyment and merry making, just rolling the Han Solo dice cube of radical and berserk risk taking. It's FANTASTIC!!

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Si -
    *infantile

*values down to earth in the moment being -
    *doesn't seem to like Se exploration and adventure. Apparently this is against what a Jedi is to him.
    *Yoda does talk a lot in riddle-speak, which might seem like Ni, but I think it's more his character's role, it doesn't seem to represent his actions, fears, and beliefs, but what he comes to learn from or about those things. I think strong Ni can separate the two and come to circumstantial and unique conclusions independent from them.
    - Not all that caregivery, but SLI are in my experience, the least caregivery of all the Si egos.
    Te - "Do or do not, there is no try." Leaves little room for subjective thinking.
    Fe-polr - Does not seem to like emotions or feeling in general; is super fearful of them actually. His vision of a Jedi is a kind of neurotic emotionless caricature of his fear of emotions.

The Clone Wars actually addresses this too! in a kind of ode to Jung

(The Clone Wars show was pretty cool; I wish Star Wars did more stuff like that)

If I had to represent Star Wars in quadras, I'd be fine saying Jedi is mostly Delta and Dark Side is mostly Beta. Other quadras are typically antiheros, like Asajj Ventress, who is probably Gamma?

I'm going with SLI.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

TIM
    POOP™
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BrightDemonSheep96 View Post
    Ne lead, Te demon ILE imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    Just rename this place Beta Central lmao
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightWilderness View Post
    The only problem socionics has given me is a propensity to analyze every relationship from the lens of socionics and I also see that it is worse in my boyfriend. Nothing makes any sense that way and it does not really solve any problems.

TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess Yoda could be present moment oriented with his focus on mindfulness and connecting to the exterior, kind of like Bruce Lee.

A metaphysical topic could have a tangible anchor, kind of like bringing the kingdom of heaven down to earth.

Then there's also Nietzsche, who brought timeless wisdom to heal and uplift the human condition, like descending from the mountaintop after years of solitary study to teach the people of the new revelation of the "superman"!!

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yoda is (at least in the original movies) portrayed as a kind of enigmatic, kooky guy who likes messing with Luke and easily adopts an apparently frivolous attitude despite him being the "wise master". I think ILE fits quite well, he seems more typable than a lot of the Star Wars characters actually. His emotional range seems too wide for LII -- ILEs can convey earnestness when needed even if they prefer a lighter attitude.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

lol idk - when I first learned about Yoda his speeches kinda felt like Delta self-help-book talk down to you-ness or something, which I kinda naturally associate with being Delta in my brain for some reason- but regardless of his type- I am kind of a Yoda nerd now and I collect Yoda figures and I'm kinda obsessed with Baby Yoda's cuteness lol. ((although for some reason Baby Yoda doesn't seem as cute in the 2nd season as the first?))

Do or do not there is no try- is also too simplistic and I get what he's saying, but you can clearly try at something and fail miserably - 'Just do it' implies too much that the person has the natural skills to do it and is just being un-willing or lazy, which I don't think is very nice or fair- but other than that- I kinda like those weird green things. I think people do try- but then realize that what they are trying just doesn't work (for them).

I agree with him about the 'good way' not being easier but taking more time and more discipline- as there is a kind of child-like innocence & savagery to killing people or doing 'fucked up things' you know? In a lot of situations it's like that anyway, which is why I think having compassion/pity/understanding or whatever for 'evil' or immoral people is so understandable and many times more relate-able. I think... and this is taking Star Wars too seriously or something? lol but if it was real- I'd feel more accepted by the Dark Side then the Light Side.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

baby yoda <3 lol

it's all kind of convoluted to me... on the one hand yoda is saying that luke must not rush off to save his friends bc he hasn't completed his training... this ofc is paralleled by the prequels in which anakin in the second movie rushes off half cocked to take on dooku and it goes badly, and ultimately how he chooses "the quick and easy path," which is an illusion because what he has to become to be on that path is someone who won't care anymore about what he was fighting for to begin with. but still, luke going against the advice of yoda and obi-wan leading to his unprepared fight with vader only further endeared him to anakin lost inside vader. i interpreted it as a significant crack in the vader identity.

yes, the principle of the matter is to avoid falling to the mystical dark side and yes his friends were able to save themselves without him, but luke acted out of love not possession/attachment when he needed to try to save his friends (devotion), never mind that he seemed to get distracted from it rather fast. there's a contradiction between Ti from yoda, and luke's action out of Fi. and i seem to remember it was kind of unclear what lucas even intended bc i think he had stated both perspectives (Ti vs Fi view) in different interviews iirc, both that luke made a mistake just like his dad and that actually despite all of obi-wan's telling him anakin is gone/forever unreachable (that he must not allow his Fi to interfere with the right Ti jedi path), that actually his secret plan was for luke to save his father all along.

which reminds me really of how the only way to win in the end is if vader turns back, because even if luke was a full jedi he probably wouldn't have been able to defeat the emperor through might. that "Fi" love/bond was actually the only way. without following yoda and obi-wan's rules, he follows the spirit behind those rules (the rules are not important). it's that he cannot be corrupted which eventually lets vader know he's been wrong all along about the significance of the way of power (the sith way). and the bond between them aside, he needed to know he was wrong to transform back. also luke's faith doesn't break even when it seems he's going to die and anakin couldn't find/keep that much faith which is why he went the way of trying to get ahead of outcomes and force them.

this all goes back to why i see lucas as SLI not SEI. Fi dominates this story even if yoda and obi-wan are Ti. the story seems very delta, and beta is expressed like the shadow of delta (the sith are like beta buried in the delta unconscious).

so i guess i'm seeing both yoda and obi-wan as LII basically vs. luke as EII even though he can seem kind of IP at times (actor might be XEI or something).
    Last edited by marooned; 04-06-2021 at 04:27 AM.

TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His zen and achievement of mental mastery to conceptualize the universe in blessed fruits of all capturing song and grace to be a sage archetype of the glow in the dark snapshot of the dream cuisine shows that He aims for ecstatic oneness with the pure and all enslaving munching cloud of hyperspace. I still go for Yoda as Albert Einstein, like I commented here a few months ago.

TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

George Lucas would have to be the same type as Yoda. He spoke beaming star-shine with perplexing gizmos and deluge like transformative canopies that showed what's possible or oncoming in the music of the spheres and heaven reinvented.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh why did it take me over three months to notice that delicious @inumbra post! Ah well... as Minerva Mink says, good things are always worth waiting for.

Yeah Star Wars being Delta would make sense for the simple fact I never got into it much and it didn't really hook me, and I found the tone rather dry and boring even though on paper it should be super interesting and cool. ie getting into cool fights in outer space and conversing with alien races etc. Baby Yoda was probably a marketing ploy to get more Fe valuers in on things LoL and I admit I fell for it.

The direction of the story never really goes in the way I want it so I kinda drift away naturally... like even the current series, how Rei won fights I thought she should have lost. Although I didn't completely hate the character like some people, I do think she was badly written. But I never liked Luke much either. Yeah Mark Hamill has/had a IEI cute baby face but he's playing a EII.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

George Lucas - ILE

Yoda: LII (his mirror)
    Luke: SEI (his dual)
    Darth Vader: ESI (his conflictor)

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Patient teacher calm and collected, inspiring and believes in goodness of others but has intuition of evilness; the all qualities of human kind -INFj
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html