Thread: The influence of enneatypes and instincts on sociotypes

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The influence of enneatypes and instincts on sociotypes

I'm really curious about the extent of the influence of enneatypes and instincts on the behaviour, appearance and thinking of a person which leads to the deviations of the sociotype. For example, I do not relate to some EII descriptions and some even put me off. For example, as a 4w3 I care about my appearance a lot and since EIIs are not naturally endowed with the ability to make themselves look good, it makes me feel bad that I might be paying so much attention to looking good and in actuality I'm actually pretty pathetic at it. That's not the only thing, though.

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

Sir that's my emotional support gremlin
    TIM
    LII-Ne 5w6 593 so/sx
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I am actually LII, I don't recall any LIIs talking about randomly walking and jumping around whenever they get excited about a scenario they imagine of fictional characters they are emotionally invested in. I am obsessed with things that have high emotional charge despite still stereotypically shying away from such things in real life because I can not fully comprehend them without a narrative actually explaining it to me; Books and metas on characters give fairly accurate picture of why and what they do and what they feel, so it is a lot easier to digest that than actually coming face to face with a highly emotionally charged complex organic being.

I supposed 9 has something to do with that, as that drives me to see other's side of things easier and also makes it easier to delete myself from the picture as I try to comprehend/understand other and how they feel/think? Especially since as a living being, I am not involved in those situations and they are hypothetical. I developed most of my empathy through fiction and roleplaying, really.

Not sure about how instincts play into this since I am never certain of my instincts. Same goes for head and heart fixes, but at least can talk about core type, so there is that.

(Bonus: 9 likely adds to "talking in circles/blabbering" I do whenever I write or talk, as it makes it a bit hard to prioritize one thing. 1 wing also plays into Fi-role insecurity of not being a "proper" and "fair" person, too, I would assume?)

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"IEIs are chill"

"IEIs are more on their own wavelength, they don't stress themselves out about daily life because that's Te stuff"

"IEIs flit through life like little butterflies, blissfully unware of rules and taxes"

And then there's me, the phobic type 6.

Personally, my opinion is something along the lines of "no, I'm being an IEI the right way, they have it wrong". I feel like my So/Sp instinctual stacking just seems logical with creative Fe and I feel like my 6ishness dovetails in with the combination of lead Ni and hidden agenda Ti. Phobicness with weak Se, etc. I couldn't see things turning out any different even though they obviously do for others.
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1
    Bit of a comic books nerd, bit of a fashion nerd, a lot of a generalized nerd

TIM
    ethic 3
    Mentioned
    714 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Enneagram creates the biggest difference among sociotypes as far as I see it. And hence, also the greatest confusions. Example: LSI 8, 6 and 1 - the discrepancy is extreme. LSI 8 controls, LSI 6 troubleshoots, LSI 1 perfects a system. You will likely see different elements emphasized in their struggle to achieve their enneagram goal even if the model A/subtype stays the same of course.

Appearance as you asked relates to how much you groom yourself to be attractive (SX), how you take care of yourself (SP), how you want to fit in (SO). So that creates great variety among the stackings to further nuance TIM + enneagram diversity.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a 4w3 as well and I can relate to what you've written. I care about my apperance a lot, but that is not the only thing. As a 4w3 I also care about how other people see me, what they think about me and I try to bring up the best image of myself to be liked and appriciated among others while not losing my own individuality, which is often a really difficult task. I notice how people react on me and I like to attract their attention, but I'm also not very vocal about it, it's like Please notice me, oh no, stop lookin Kind of a thing... I think all these issues are characteristic for 4w3s no matter what their sociotype is, I know SEIs or IEIs who types as 4w3 and would tell you the same thing, but different functions deal with these issues in a different way. Even when it comes to looks and style, you can see which 4w3 is an Si valuer and which one is on the Se side. Same for the feelings, 4w3s are suppoused to be more dramatic and theatrical than 4w5s, but because function vise it's more natural for me to keep my feelings for myself, I don't really relate to this part of a 4w3 description.

Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4w5 here, I found that the less I was looking into a mirror the more confident I became. I used to stress so much about it as a kid, take and maintain a style, follow what people around you like, and what they don't. I can't care less of all of that now and I've never felt more free.
    #hobolife

TIM
    EII-C 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I identify with and as such am drawn to dark, morbid imagery. Not this...gratuitous violence if you will it’s almost as if Se valued types find some sort of...eros in violence. Idk, it’s just the vibe I get. Their violence-themed art can also be fantasy oriented, use of strong and bold visual elements.

anyways I don’t like those things, I just identify with brokenness, pain, trauma, damage. Despite being Si valued I may find “beauty” in it. If I changed and became healthy for good instead of falling in and out maybe that would change.

I identify as intense and emotional even though I’m not beta. I do not amplify my emotional output for impact; I simply experience and am impelled by strong emotions. I have more P-ness than traditional EII descriptions would give me credit for yet my posture is rigid, speech slow and thought-out etc (but I also have psychomotor retardation possibly owing to depression). But I need interest as a driver otherwise I really struggle with doing something. I may do multiple thing, drop things, whatever.

I have never been worried about my health, I’m not finicky about Si things, and I’m not usually worried about my physical looks. I guess it’s safe to say I seem okay (for now) in that IE.