Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Astro-Socionics Model typing thread / theoretical explanation

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure how to read this either (looking at Toska's last post). I know in western astrology I am Aquarius sun, Pisces moon, Pisces rising. Hitta was kind enough to do my vedic chart which indicates Capricorn Sun, Aquarius Moon and I'm thinking Aquarius rising (if that is what Lagna is, I know often the celestial bodies are in the sign before the sign it is in one's western chart, but not always)

sidereal chart placements.jpg

That is a hell of a lot of air @ Policeman which would actually correlate with alpha interestingly.

TIM
    heartless
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bouncingoffclouds View Post
    I'm not sure how to read this either (looking at Toska's last post). I know in western astrology I am Aquarius sun, Pisces moon, Pisces rising. Hitta was kind enough to do my vedic chart which indicates Capricorn Sun, Aquarius Moon and I'm thinking Aquarius rising (if that is what Lagna is, I know often the celestial bodies are in the sign before the sign it is in one's western chart, but not always)

sidereal chart placements.jpg

That is a hell of a lot of air @ Policeman which would actually correlate with alpha interestingly.
    I think it means Sun ENTj, Moon ESFp, and Rising ESFp for you.
    Vedic uses the position of constellations in the sky, our western astrology is based on days, the first day of spring is the begining of the aries energy. Yep, in vedic you have Aquarius rising, though it's not always the one before, my moon remains the same for exemple.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's a lot of gamma for me...

Yes, it does sometimes stay the same, I think it's often the one prior, but sometimes the same? I don't think it goes outside of those two things though? Thanks for the info!

TIM
    whatever
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asc-ISFp
    Sun-INTp
    Moon-ENTp

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I did this just for fun, because I don't believe that astrology is meaningful.

Asc - ENTj
    Sun - ESTj
    Moon - ISFp

So, I'm gamdelpha.

Eccentric Neurotic Narcissist andreasdevig's Avatar
    TIM
    FiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vedic:

Sun Capricorn 27 42 [ENTj (Te)]
    Asc Scorpio 22 00 [ISFp (Si)]
    Moon Pisces 20 53 [ISTj (Ti)]
    EII-INFj / INFP / Strong E4 and 9 energy / Melancholic-Phlegmatic / Musical-Intrapersonal-Spatial / Kinky-Sensual

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting, but if you talk about Vedic astrology what about 27 other signs? If I understood the picture corectly that sign like Moola would be in ISTp field but this doesn't really fit ISTp if Moola fits more to Ni Se, very spiritual and seeking mysterious depths that are buried undergroud but also want have power and want to be Active. This means Moola will seems like xIE. So either EIE or LIE

TIM
    ILE-De
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Always knew I was an ISFp.

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baqer View Post
    Always knew I was an ISFp.
    Scorpio? If so, I find this hilarious cause it totally makes sense! Sorry, just wanted to comment on that

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we are doing my chart:

I am: a Virgo rising, Aries Sun, Sag moon

aka I am an INFp rising, INTj Sun, and an ISTp moon

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand what this is, this is too crazy even for me.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rat200Turbo View Post
    For those who want to know what socionics type (or types, rather) their vedic astrology chart suggests describes them, this thread is for you.

Attachment 10899

This is a model I've been thinking about for quite a while now. What I have here is I think the best model. There are a couple mildly controversial astrological associations but given a deeper understanding of astrology they're actually very clarifying. Socionics wise this model contains an information flow arrangement which is unconventional but also indisputably natural and obvious and I will probably discuss this part later also,

The model is actually very simple - it's really just the information elements arranged structurally and guiding a circular progression through the functions and the types. Honestly this is the simplest, most straightforward way of thinking about the functions and about socionics that there is. The correspondence to astrology is based on convention - arranging the elements in relation to the beginning of the zodiac, which for our purposes is 0 degrees leo which is the root used for assigning sign lordship; that point is being used so that the system corresponds with the sign lords.

For now, anyone who happens to want to know their astro-sociotype(s), post your birth information (preferably including place and time) in the thread and you will receive an answer; or you can just look up the information yourself and use the chart.

Just looking at the ascendant / moon, some of the well known people who I already have:
    Hitta: INFj asc, ENFj moon
    mune: ENFj asc, ISTj moon
    hkkmr / mu: XSTp asc / moon
    niffer: IXTj asc / ESTp moon
    dolphin: ESFj asc / ISTj moon
    bnd: ENFj asc / ESFj moon
    ian: ISTj asc / ENTp moon
    abbie: INFj asc / INFj moon
    spider: INTp asc / ESTp moon
    allie: INTj asc / ISTj moon
    ashton: ENFp asc / ESFj moon
    lungs: ENTj asc / ISFj moon
    cpig: ENTp asc / ESTj moon
    Kim: ENFj asc / unknown moon
    Discojoe: ENFp asc, ESTj moon
    Aylen: ESFj asc / ENTp moon
    Persephone: ESFp asc / INFp moon / INTp sun
    Esper: ENFj asc / INTj moon
    Starfall: ESTp asc / ISTp moon
    Zo: INFp asc / ENTj moon
    Gilly: INFj asc, ESFj moon
    scapegrace: ESFj asc, ISFp moon
    Donald Trump: INTp asc / ISTp moon / ENFp sun
    Hillary Clinton: ESFj asc / ESTp moon / ESFj sun
    Vladimir Putin: ENFj asc / ENTp moon / ENFj sun
    John Lennon: ISTj asc / ESTj moon / ENFj sun
    Paul McCartney: ESFp asc / ENFp moon
    George Harrison: ESFj asc / ENFj moon
    Ringo Starr: ESTp asc / INFj moon
    Kurt Cobain: INFp asc / INFj moon
    Dave Grohl: ESTj asc / ISFp moon
    Courtney Love: ESFj asc / INFj moon

Last thing is the model suggests some unusual things such as positive intertype relationships based on trines which do not follow typical quadra lines; for example, some IXTjs / INTps / ISTps can have a good and spontaneous relationship with one another as part of a trine in this system.
    This model is terrible right out of the gate. Thanks though

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12