Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Splendid Socionics Test (Reboot)

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESI

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILI
    Isaac Newton
    ILIs often have well-developed imaginative abilities, frequently engaging in mental wanderings. They can spend a great deal of time simply thinking and may appear to live 'in their heads'. They can be prone to excessive daydreaming, creation of intricate inner worlds or universes, or considering the past or future. ILIs may even have novelistic tendencies with the ability to create intricate plots, characters and places. ILIs, however, are not necessarily inclined to share their imagination with others.
    ILIs interact most favorably with SEEs.
    (For a more complete description, go to Wikisocion.net)
    I got to be honest though, this test is very inconsistent. I already received 3 types on this test so far (LIE/LSI/ILI).
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

TIM
    Intuitive
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ILE. All tests say I'm ILE or IEE.

TIM
    Check the signature
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Socionics is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have, but I have it.

I can't click “like” on peoples posts due to the poor functionality of the site on my end. Just know that if you quoted me and were nice to me that I’m psychically sending you a like from my heart.

Model G: IEI-CN
    Model A: Most likely ISFx
    MBTI: ISFP-A
    Enneagram: 9w8 5w6 2w1 sp/so
    AP: VELF 4231
    PY: FEVL

Your family thinks I'm a criminal
    TIM
    SLE-Se
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)

SLE > LSE > SLI > LIE > LSI

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I recently noticed this now orders the 16 types based on percentage scores on the results page: you may consider this a good reason to give it another go. Or not.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI 54%

SLI 44%

LII 38%

SLE 31%

ILI 26%

LSE 23%

ILE 21%

ESI 5%

LIE 2%

Other 0%

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

74%LII
    64%LSI
    41%ILE
    38%ILI
    26%IEI
    26%SLE
    13%SLI
    0% for the rest

TIM
    H 694 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI 49%
    ILI 44%
    LII 41%
    SEI 26%
    SLI 21%
    EII 18%
    LSI 15%
    ILE 10%
    LIE 5%
    [EIE - ESE - ESI - IEE - LSE - SEE - SLE ] = 0%

This test has always been meh imho...

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

44% EII
    44% IEI

Dang…

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took the test twice and got:

- 1st time around:

69% LSE
    54% SLI
    33% ESI
    33% LSI

- 2nd time around:

69% SLI
    64% LSE
    26% ESI
    23% LSI
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    I took the test twice and got:

- 1st time around:

69% LSE
    54% SLI
    33% ESI
    33% LSI

- 2nd time around:

69% SLI
    64% LSE
    26% ESI
    23% LSI
    That's interesting - quite a strong preference for those two types over all others.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    That's interesting - quite a strong preference for those two types over all others.
    Well, for what it's worth, the reason I took it multiple times was to mix up the answers to the questions I was struggling with, which as I recall sounded like weak/valued Fe vs weak/valued Fi, and perhaps some Ni-related ones.

The fact I seemed torn between Fi and Fe suggests to me that LSE/LSI would be more suitable choices than a type with Fe (or, for the same reason, Fi) PoLR, but this is only in the context of this test.

I did try to set aside any preacquired knowledge or preconceived notions and just answer based on what sounds the most accurate at face value.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took it a third time and got almost identical results to the second try. What's funny is when I thought I was picking Fe over Fi, the percentage score for LSI actually went down...

It would have been nice if the answers were cached on the front end and it was possible to go back and change specific ones without having to retake the whole test...

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Well, the reason I took it multiple times was to mix up the answers to the questions I was struggling with the most, which as I recall sounded like weak/valued Fe vs weak/valued Fi, and perhaps some Ni-related ones.

The fact I seemed torn between Fi and Fe suggests to me that LSE/LSI would be more suitable choices than a type with Fe (or Fi) PoLR, but this is only in the context of this test.

I did try to set aside any preacquired knowledge or preconceived notions and just answer based on what sounds the most accurate at face value.
    If I recall, the way I did the test was that if people were indecisive like that, then the expected result would be that the test-taker would score middling scores on both, and maybe higher on some aspect that is clearer, which would push the respective type/s up to the top (the test adds points and I think takes them away as appropiate).

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are these about?

"I deeply appreciate people who are full of ideas and imagination and who give me a sense of connectedness to what is happening 'out there in the world', even if this information cannot be applied practically at the present moment. I am even more grateful for people who provide insightful ideas and unconventional analysis to enhance what I am working on or going through at the present moment."

"I rarely emphasize my talents, unique experience, or singularity publicly, preferring to seem like 'your average guy' so that others can relate to me easily, but I become easily attached to people who believe in my potential and praise me for my unique skills. I have great respect and admiration for people who are always pursuing something new and different and are not tied down to material things."

Call the aforementioned "people" my dualz and you have reverse-engineered my type.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

What are these about?

"I deeply appreciate people who are full of ideas and imagination and who give me a sense of connectedness to what is happening 'out there in the world', even if this information cannot be applied practically at the present moment. I am even more grateful for people who provide insightful ideas and unconventional analysis to enhance what I am working on or going through at the present moment."

"I rarely emphasize my talents, unique experience, or singularity publicly, preferring to seem like 'your average guy' so that others can relate to me easily, but I become easily attached to people who believe in my potential and praise me for my unique skills. I have great respect and admiration for people who are always pursuing something new and different and are not tied down to material things."

Call the aforementioned "people" my dualz and you have reverse-engineered my type.
    That first part (from Question 8, answer 2) gives +4 points to LSE; +4 to ESE; +2 SLI; +2 SEI; -4 points to IEI; -4 points to ILI

Answer 1:
    I have a lack of direct attention to the world around me, and a sense of detachment or freedom from worldly affairs. I have a highly developed imagination and very unique mental world, but this can result in a great deal of laziness and apparent inactivity.
    gives +4 points to IEI; +4 to IEI; +2 LIE; +2 EIE; -4 points to ESE; -4 points to LSE

Answer 3:
    I am skilled at generating intellectual interest and curiosity in others and using others' curiosity to get them to do things. I easily see parallels between different situations, areas of knowledge or skill, and people, and like to establish contacts across different fields of knowledge and social groups, which allows me to be part of many things at once. I enjoy considering differing viewpoints and perspectives and seeing if they can be reconciled.
    gives +4 points to ILE; +4 to IEE; +2 EII; +2 LII; -4 points to LSI; -4 points to ESI

Answer 4:
    I am highly skeptical about ideas and opportunities that appear not to lead anywhere specific, and seek assurance that new innovations will definitely bring material benefits. I prefer the kind of ideas and innovations that offer solutions to existing problems rather than the kind that have uncertain consequences and are likely to bring upheaval and unnecessary change.
    gives +4 points to LSI; +4 to ESI; +2 SEE; +2 SLE; -4 points to IEE; -4 points to ILE

That second part (from Question 15, answer 2) gives +4 points to SEI; +4 to SLI; +2 ESE; +2 LSE; -4 points to LIE; -4 points to EIE.
    Answer 1:
    I am very indecisive, often lacking the ability to make important decisions, especially with regards to my own future. I may know what I want to achieve out of life in a broad or long term sense, but I find it very difficult to set and finish the short term projects leading to it. In order to be able to act, I need a tangible and definite stimulus from somebody well grounded in external reality and who has a clear picture of what must be done in a certain situation.
    gives +4 points to IEI; +4 to ILI; +2 EIE; +2 LIE; -4 points to LSE; -4 points to ESE

Answer 3:
    My focus on constantly chasing after new things often leaves me to neglect my physical and psychological well-being. I appreciate pleasant stimuli that help me to turn off my active mind for a little while and to find some kind of balance between the mental and physical. I need assistance with balancing my inner life and deriving enjoyment from all the things in life around me, and not just my mental activities. I appreciate people with a solid sensory awareness that can help me feel a healthy sense of pleasure from my surroundings.
    gives +4 points to ILE; +4 to IEE; +2 LII; +2 EII; -4 points to ESI; -4 points to LSI

Answer 4:
    I am impulsive but at the same time desiring of not going too far in my rashness and so I admire and desire the company of people who are confident in their ability to evaluate where present trends are leading and who choose the opportune moment to initiate action or to refrain from it. I also long for a sense of greater meaning in my life beyond the immediately physical and enjoy the company of people who can show me the light in that area.
    gives +4 points to SEE; +4 to SLE; +2 ESI; +2 LSI; -4 points to LII; -4 points to EII

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's interesting is that A1 & A4 from Q8, as well as A1 from Q15, have also been true and quite pronounced in certain periods of my life, and I might have selected them in lieu of the Si ones depending solely on the time of taking the test... (Q15:A2 is probably the most pervasive one overall, though.)
    Last edited by Park; 06-10-2023 at 12:19 AM.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

What's interesting is that A1 & A4 from Q8, as well as A1 from Q15, have also been true and quite pronounced in certain periods of my life, and I might have selected them in lieu of the Si ones depending solely on the time of taking the test... (Q15:A2 is probably the most pervasive one overall, though.)
    Ideally such options should for example add points to all 4 IP types in some way, but the material I was copying and pasting from isn't consistent in its language for all 16 types so I avoided scoring more types for each option.

For example, the description
    "I am impulsive but at the same time desiring of not going too far in my rashness and so I admire and desire the company of people who are confident in their ability to evaluate where present trends are leading and who choose the opportune moment to initiate action or to refrain from it. I also long for a sense of greater meaning in my life beyond the immediately physical and enjoy the company of people who can show me the light in that area."

has "impulsive" in it, which is a very non IJ temperament trait, but I still had to give +2 for LSI and ESI as mirrors of SLE and SEE for the sake of consistency with the other questions.

TIM
    ILI 5w4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great test, favourite so far. Aimtoknow Talanov inventory is second, but way more annoying.
    Result:
    64% ILI
    38% SLI
    33% LII
    23% LSI
    21% EII

TIM
    NiTe
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve taken this test before; it returned LIE the last time as well.

The following thoughts only begin with the test before meandering absurdly

No offence, but ipsative tests are difficult... particularly in this case, where all of the items in the first question sound distinctly unlike me. Why might I have got LIE... In two places I’d eschewed stereotypical Ni answers… what I'd chosen instead were probably ++Ne, which isn't exactly a bad match. Most inevitably misestimate the frequency and timings of other minds slipping into reverie, so it's actually quite unreasonable to assume Ni traits more common in myself (e.g., people seldom notice I'm spacing out while they're talking to me... perhaps neither of us is attending to the matter at hand; if I'm not attending how could I possibly recognise this phenomenon). In theory there are people without much of an inner life, but perhaps they were damaged in some way which makes retreating into the mind painful—I’ve seen no evidence to suggest otherwise, nothing to say a lack of inner world is a normal variation.

It's not as if I can't relate to Ni descriptions, but they always seem imperfect--either 'probably true of everyone' or 'I'm only a bit of a space cadet, and certainly not so much as that'. In fact, others have described me as distant, dreamy, detached, whatever, but only during childhood. As an adult, I never seem to be drifting along in a cloud of unreality. The major external symptom so far as I can tell is the unfortunate capacity for spending hours performing a simple task which, had I attended to it, would have got done very quickly.

Perhaps the rudiments of cognitive processing will prove less noticeable to the individual depending upon them for a metacognitive analysis

Not that any of this is real, but to the individual thinking from within a particular sociotype, it seems the second function should be more visible than the first
    Last edited by theum nathair; 11-14-2023 at 04:27 AM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stibnite View Post
    I’ve taken this test before; it returned LIE the last time as well.

@stibnite, if your choice is between ILI and LIE, I vote for ILI, based solely on your avatar picture.

A black and white picture of a simple window with a 2/3 closed shade is a model of the ILI thought process. The words "AVERT THY MORTAL EYES" echoes the ILI desire to not be seen on stage, or not be seen at all. Furthermore, it implies a belief in God, which I've noticed is a strong indicator of both ILI and SEE, and is one of the differentiators between ILI/SEE and ESI/LIE.

The former believe in a real God, while the latter believe in nothing.

I'm not hungry mommy bear BrainlessSquid's Avatar
    TIM
    IEE-Fi
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64% ILE
    44% LIE
    31% SLE
    28% IEE

This test got the right dom function and the right type among top 4 results.

Problem is: it's based on behavior, and that is very malleable. I tend to come off as LIE or ILE due to high focus on Te/Ti on my part. That might explain why my relation to ESE is somewhat similar to activation. But as any test, it's also limited by my own subjective perception.
    It was fun though
    Sometimes you don't have motivation because you lack purpose.
    Sometimes you don't have purpose, because you lack self-knowledge
    Sometimes you don't have self-knowledge because you lack love
    Sometimes you don't have love because you lack self-love
    Sometimes you don't have self-love because you lack guess what? Ask Gulenko!!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I took it again and got:

79% IEI
    69% ILI
    33% LII
    29% EIE
    23% LSI
    21% EII
    21% SEI
    10% ESI
    10% SLI
    9% LIE
    0% ESE

TIM
    NiTe
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    @stibnite, if your choice is between ILI and LIE, I vote for ILI, based solely on your avatar picture.

A black and white picture of a simple window with a 2/3 closed shade is a model of the ILI thought process.
    the grubby aperture where Se goes to die, repeatedly

The words "AVERT THY MORTAL EYES" echoes the ILI desire to not be seen on stage, or not be seen at all.
    And yet it isn't without irony... had they left off the lettering, the window could have been quite nondescript. Now it demands to be read

Furthermore, it implies a belief in God, which I've noticed is a strong indicator of both ILI and SEE, and is one of the differentiators between ILI/SEE and ESI/LIE.
    It implies nothing of the sort. In modern usage, the informal 'you' (thou) is not common, yet it can be heard on the streets of Cumbria. As far as I know, mortality is a fact.

Though if a divine being happened to reside within that ill-lit attic flat, it might explain a lot... such as the tone... still that's Fe, used only by bastards. As civilised Te types we must take this message as an exhortation to passing travellers not to waste time checking the small print in their contracts

The former believe in a real God, while the latter believe in nothing.
    Bad news for my old auntie... bit late for her to suffer a radical personality shift. But I suppose if needs must

TIM
    NiTe
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Subteigh, there was a question whose choices included, within a couple of lines, seeing relationships as largely transactional. Does that give points to Ti?

Cheers... In retrospect I think it a rather good test, one I'd have liked to take before reading about socionics. It's concise, gave me the same result twice (took it or the older version maybe six or seven years ago), and that result is both plausible and near my self-typing.

Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This time I got:
    62% ESI
    44% LSI
    41% EII
    23% LII
    21% SEI
    21% SLI
    15% IEI

The rest is negligible… I don’t know if I know how to take this test lol

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

@Subteigh, there was a question whose choices included, within a couple of lines, seeing relationships as largely transactional. Does that give points to Ti?

Cheers... In retrospect I think it a rather good test, one I'd have liked to take before reading about socionics. It's concise, gave me the same result twice (took it or the older version maybe six or seven years ago), and that result is both plausible and near my self-typing.
    If you give me the question number, I'll get back to you on that.

TIM
    NiTe
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    If you give me the question number, I'll get back to you on that.
    Question five, answer four

Fi role?

Thanks, Subteigh

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Question five, answer four

Fi role?

Thanks, Subteigh
    Question 5

Answer 1:
    I long for establishing stable personal relationships with other individuals based on mutual trust and understanding where deeper and private feelings and experiences can be easily shared. However, I lack the initiative to establish such relationships and usually expect others to make gestures in that area.

gives +4 points to SLI; +4 to ILI; +2 LSE; +2 LIE; -4 points to EIE; -4 points to ESE

Answer 2:
    I am always in tune to the emotional flow surrounding me, and respond to it spontaneously and directly. I seek out and create activities where people are totally engaged in what they are doing.

gives +4 points to ESE; +4 to EIE; +2 SEI; +2 IEI; -4 points to ILI; -4 points to SLI

Answer 3:
    I strive to make and maintain close, personal relationships with my friends and family, and value sensitivity to the feelings of others, and will occasionally make my innermost feelings and sentiments known in order to test the possibility of creating closeness with others.

gives +4 points to EII; +4 to ESI; +2 IEE; +2 SEE; -4 points to SLE; -4 points to ILE

Answer 4:
    I do not normally pay attention to the nuances of interpersonal relationships; I am either overly suspicious or overly assuming of my relations with others when they are not clearly defined. More importance is given to these relations as they pertain to objective mutual benefit, rather than seeing the relationships as rewarding in and of themselves.

gives +4 points to SLE; +4 to ILE; +2 LSI; +2 LII; -4 points to EII; -4 points to ESI

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234