View Poll Results: What is Peter's type?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • other

10 58.82%
  • gamma introvert

2 11.76%
  • intp

4 23.53%
  • isfj

1 5.88%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is Peter's type?

Creepy-aurora_faerie

(and yeah... I've got the same social anxiety problems these days too lol)

=/

patrick gets mad about me "giving into it"...he says he dislikes weakness and fear

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aurora_faerie

=/

patrick gets mad about me "giving into it"...he says he dislikes weakness and fear
    lul patrik is dumb

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Quote Originally Posted by discojoe

=/

lul patrik is dumb

he just dun get it ....fuk i dont even get it "lul"

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

=/

lul patrik is dumb
    lol Kelly how many times have I said this?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's my impression of Patrick:

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87

=/

lul patrik is dumb

he isn't completely serious

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who cares? it's how he treats you that matters.

remember, we teach people how to treat us
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    who cares? it's how he treats you that matters.

remember, we teach people how to treat us

yeah what she said

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

part of that concept though is that we don't allow people who cannot be taught to remain in our lives
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The poll question has been changed and the votes cleared. If you wish to vote on whether or not Peter is an intp then do so here.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is unacceptable

a word in chambers please?
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87

=/

lul patrik is dumb

he isn't completely serious
    And you think I am You really think I'm such a dick that I'll pass judgment on someone I've never even spoken to, let alone met? You have a pretty low opinion of me

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

quit being so sensitive
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

quit being so sensitive
    quit being so judgmental

Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what's that you say *cups hand over ear*
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow... look who suddenly decided to be a moderator (at least in Joy's threads)
    SEE

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(at least in Joy's threads)
    And you think it's a coincidence?

Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fuck it
    SEE

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    I must be in a weird mood. When I saw the word "stop" I was sorely tempted to sing, "in the name of love, before you breeak my heart, think it oh oh ver"

Ive done that lol. I got weird looks I thought it was funny

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow... look who suddenly decided to be a moderator (at least in Joy's threads)
    i have answered several of your requests as well.

as you said:

quit being so sensitive

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that doesn't mean that one shouldn't notice patterns of behavior
    SEE

Creepy-aurora_faerie

oh my >_>

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's okay

I can't believe there are so many "other" votes lol
    SEE

Creepy-aurora_faerie

it okay

I can't believe there are so many "other" votes lol

lots of people think he's entp

i put gamma introvert =/

you know....i seem to flip flop because im just trying to support whatever he thinks he is....=/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I put gamma introvert too

everything fits for ISFj... except the weak Fe
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that doesn't mean that one shouldn't notice patterns of behavior
    is it my fault that your threads cause a lot of disruption?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm done
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

same. i apologize for off topiking your thread.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*shrugs*

Sometimes it seems like I'm looking for more Fi than Peter is naturally inclined to provide... he has stronger Fi than other people I've been with, but that type of comparison doesn't work for typing. He does have strong Se. Ni and Te don't particularly stand out. It seems like it's only his negative traits that point toward and his strengths (at least in my eyes... again, that's the problem) point toward ISFj.
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That is why many do not believe him to be isfj. They see negativism as an implication of "weakness"/lack of development/inferiority.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISFjs are all mature?
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

btw, the negative traits I was refering to are not things he demonstrates here. The way he acts here is just fucking around most of the time... I don't really see it as positive or negative.
    SEE

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm probably INTp. Peoples' view of me as being aggressive and challenging are based on my pissy moods on the forum. I typically only post when I'm in a bad mood. Dunno why. I get in bad moods a lot, probably because I have ADHD (as in, actually have it. Not pretend, like for most people. I'm on adderal right now, which is why I have the energy to write.). I think my is too strong to be ISFj, and I think I am too nonchalant about moral issues (unless debating them). Ashton reminds me too much of myself, but with less introspection and much more energy.
    Personally I have no clue whatsoever about ADHD and how it, and its medication, affects people's behavior and how they might come across regarding their type.

One problem in determining my type has been the fact that I have generalized anxiety disorder. The gist of it is that you feel anxious about any social situation (or even a non-social situation involving people) for no reason at all. Joy thinks this is because I lack the foresight to see how things will actually play out. This is a good point, but I do not see this as being true. I think I am usually aware that things won't turn out so bad, but the feeling is so strong that it creates its own reasons to worry. If you feel scared for no reason, you'll start to imagine things to be scared of. One morning, I was unable to drive to college for no reason. I couldn't think of a single thing to be scared of, but the feeling persisted, and I began to rationalize it, making up reasons to myself over why I shouldn't go. That's why people with anxiety problems frequently feel ashamed of themselves (I have this problem sometimes).
    As Gilligan said --

Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan87
    I think the fact that you have GAD does have an impact on how people view you socially in terms of your aggression, as does ADHD. However, in spite of these factors, the abrasiveness of your social behavior does indicate the presence of or in your ego block.

I'm unsure about what you say about . I would have to hear more about the dynamics of how that actually works in your head to determine whether or not I think it is , because IMO, predicting someone's emotional reaction to something is a characteristic of . Given what I think I know about your type (that being that you are probably an IxTx of some kind), I think it highly unlikely that you have in the ego block; your aptitude in this area may simply be a result of practice or some other factor, but I don't pretend to know exactly what it is. All I can say about it at this point is that it sounds as though it probably isn't Socionics related.
    Yes these are all very good points.

Interestingly, I had discussed this with an INTp friend of mine (the one who served as inspiration for my INTp profile). She also has a self-perception as being able to predict people's emotional response (but only in areas not relating to her directly).

A point needs to made regarding as well. I believe it is one of my unconscious functions. In most social environments, I take a pragmatic stance. That is, instead of wasting energy trying to read the of a situation, I take a compensatory or approach. Instead of speaking the language among a group of friends, I stoically operate as a hyper-objective critic. Among females, I use to "charm" them. Types that emply seem to see through both tactics, and either call me boring or an asshole.
    I think that all it indicates - even proves - is that you have strong over preference; I've had the "either boring or asshole" remark being made my (IMO) ESFjs about (IMO) ISFjs.

The usage of these two functions allows me to ignore a lot of the underlying emotional dynamics at play in a situation. Types with strong see this as a form of narcissism (as I only take into account the logical applications of my actions, and employ logic as morality) and are often hugely offended by this. None of this is to say that I am incapable of acting within the standards of values, it is just not something I prefer doing. I CAN ask someone if it's okay for me to, say, tell an offensive joke, but it's easier for me to rationalize something along the lines of "getting offended is a sign of weakness in your own worldview. If you're confident that you're morality is justified, you won't feel threatened by my words." Of course, this is unreasonable, as no one has an infallible emotional constitution, but it's *easier* for me to think this way. When someone brings up the point that how I sometimes act is unfavorable, my response is usually bewilderment. I know they're "right," so to speak, but I don't really care. I feel righteous in doing what is *logical* as opposed to doing what doesn't make people feel hurt.
    Again, what you show is > , and the last bit - the one I highlighted - could also be seen as with role function. You are confident in your own ethical choices.

When I feel like an Fi issue is encroaching on my lifestyle, it is stressful, because it feels like I am being asked to behave in a manner that is not true to who I am. I feel like my feelings are not really anyone's business, and someone telling me how to feel and act is out of line.
    Again, over .

In the case of my , I can tell you that I predict peoples' behavior without realizing it. The same with telling what a person is thinking, or knowing what a person is about to say. I'd rather not say anymore, as it feels too personal. But I will say is definitely not a weak function of mine, by any measure.

The hidden agenda seems like a compelling indicator of my type, although typing by hidden agenda alone leads to ridiculous results. Nevertheless, one of the hardest things for me to do is feel affection. When our puppy died, I had trouble dealing with it, because I had bottled away all the feelings I had for her up until the moment she died, and the experience was traumatic (humorously so). I shun affection, because emotional extremes are a torturous experience, and affection can easily spiral out of control. I think one of my most sincere desires is to feel safe openly expressing pure affection, and not have rub against the rest of my ego and cause so much pain.

Actually the bit I highlighted is IMO the clearest case againt ISFj.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    In the case of my , I can tell you that I predict peoples' behavior without realizing it. The same with telling what a person is thinking, or knowing what a person is about to say. I'd rather not say anymore, as it feels too personal. But I will say is definitely not a weak function of mine, by any measure.

The hidden agenda seems like a compelling indicator of my type, although typing by hidden agenda alone leads to ridiculous results. Nevertheless, one of the hardest things for me to do is feel affection. When our puppy died, I had trouble dealing with it, because I had bottled away all the feelings I had for her up until the moment she died, and the experience was traumatic (humorously so). I shun affection, because emotional extremes are a torturous experience, and affection can easily spiral out of control. I think one of my most sincere desires is to feel safe openly expressing pure affection, and not have rub against the rest of my ego and cause so much pain.

Actually the bit I highlighted is IMO the clearest case againt ISFj.
    I think he's refering to uncontrolled emotion. He's also saying that it's difficult to get close to people.
    SEE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12