Thread: Correlation between instinctual variants and sociotypes or enneatypes

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Correlation between instinctual variants and sociotypes or enneatypes

For example most LSIs tend to be Sp/sx. Most 4s are Sx first, as well as 7s. 7s also tend to be Sx/sos.

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kinda disagree. Id propose that its rare for an LSI to have Sp last, but so and sx ive both seen rather equally. Maybe even so slightly more than sx. Sp/so probably the most often in my exp.

4s are all over the place. But I think im thinking iei in particular.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think you might be conflating different causes (typings) into the same surface behaviours.
    Reason is a whore.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuavaDrunk View Post
    I think you might be conflating different causes (typings) into the same surface behaviours.
    I'm also not sure why this needs to be a different thread than the last one.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaebette View Post
    For example most LSIs tend to be Sp/sx. Most 4s are Sx first, as well as 7s. 7s also tend to be Sx/sos.
    All the LSI I know are sx last and core 1s, irl. My mom is 136, so/sp and a LSI, friend, 137, sp/so.

Edit: I did know an LSI sx first but I have not thought about his core type.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    I'm also not sure why this needs to be a different thread than the last one.
    The other one is not focused on instincts, I guess?

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    The other one is not focused on instincts, I guess?
    Yes, but this thread is going to turn into that thread since discussions of which instinct stackings are possible or not for a type will turn into discussions of which type combinations are possible or not. Then we'll just have two of the other thread.

TIM
    IEE 8w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE's tend to be Sp doms from what I've seen(sp/so to be specific)
    Last edited by Zyan; 04-19-2021 at 01:58 AM.

TIM
    LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I seem to be a social type 6, its makes sense for LSI:

Social Type Sixes: Duty

Social Sixes find comfort in authority and obeying the rules. They fear disapproval and therefore work hard to adhere to the guidelines of whatever authority figure they rely on. This obedience helps them feel safe and cope with their inherent anxiety. The Social Six can become too sure of things when they place their trust in an authority they assume is infallible. They have no tolerance for ambiguity and uncertainty.

Social/Sexual

This type can be very different from the other social type, because with this type, security comes from making alliances with individuals. Their weakness comes from their self-pres instinct being last, so they are not as independent as the self-pres/soc. They rely on key people in their lives when doubt sets in. Their security comes from maintaining close bonds. They fear rejection much more then the soc/self-pres. This softens the strong stances seen in the soc/self-pres, because the soc/sex doesn’t find its security in organizations and government. They go through life looking for the people they think will be able to direct them. On the down side, they can make individuals into their authority figures and rely too much on them. They are a lighter Six. They go with the flow more than the other subtypes. They are likely to use humor to charm people, but on the down side may whine and complain about their circumstances to garner support. When healthier, their charm, enthusiasm and curiosity are infectious. They are very loyal friends, although that can be said more or less about all reasonably healthy Sixes. But with the self-pres/soc and the soc/sex nothing much more then your support is required, for maintaining their friendship.

TIM
    EIE-Ni-H 359
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am 3w4 SX/SP.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think there's much of a correlation, but here's a list off the top of my head:

ILE: so/sx (2), sx/so (2)
    SEI: sx/so (2), sp/so (2), so/sx (1)
    LII: sp/so (3), sp/sx (1)
    ESE: so/sx (1), so/sp (1), sx/so (1)

SLE: sx/so (2), sx/sp (1), so/sp (1)
    IEI: so/sp (2), sp/sx (1)
    LSI: sp/sx (1), sp/so (1), sx/so (1)
    EIE: sx/so (2), so/sx (2)

LIE: so/sp (2)
    ESI: sp/so (1), sp/sx (2)
    ILI: sp/so (2)
    SEE: sx/so (2), sx/sp (1), so/sx (2)