Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: EII-LSE Duality Relations (INFj-ESTj)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Sure. And I can show a photo of my piece.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Just that it makes sense that SLE do not like signs of weakness in themselves and that IEI do not like signs of weakness in others.
    no one likes weakness in no one. types differ in what weakness annoy more

> IEI do tend to tolerate their own weaknesses better than they tolerate the weaknesses of others

also it's common for anyone to be more indulgent to themselves than to most others, excluding mb very close people

> He approaches his love interest almost with the intention to "teach."

the main intention is to love and to be loved. to get mutual care - emotional, physical, intellectual
    to teach in the forum of caring by advices, mostly in T-S regions

> This can quite possibly rub the object of his affection in the wrong way, possibly interpreted as condescension.

condescension is common part of caring motivation. not LSE specifics
    all types tend to care about others in own strong regions

> Like the childlike type, he may tend to live "outside sexuality" and may have to intellectualize it in order to be comfortable.

S types are not indifferent to sexuality. especially Si seeking for physical pleasure. we have conscious stable passion and have no doubts to show this.

on Socionics related sources you may meet a lot of strange and baseless from theory point texts. that was the example

without me here - the texts alike above will be in your heads without competent criticism. you'll be fooling each other and to live in fantasies about the types. the similar will be with the types of concrete people, including your own in profiles

and it's to where this forum and alike lead people as are full of flooders which never studed normal typology sources and more play in typology than use it as should

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    382 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    no one likes weakness in no one
    No, weakness is a vital part of socionics. Duals are duals because they balance each others' weaknesses. No weaknesses, no dualism.
    Helping another with their weakness facilitates bonding.
    No weaknesses gives perfect people who no one can relate to.
    No one likes too many weaknesses, obviously. But there has to be some.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

no one likes weakness in no one. types differ in what weakness annoy more

> IEI do tend to tolerate their own weaknesses better than they tolerate the weaknesses of others

also it's common for anyone to be more indulgent to themselves than to most others, excluding mb very close people

> He approaches his love interest almost with the intention to "teach."

the main intention is to love and to be loved. to get mutual care - emotional, physical, intellectual
    to teach in the forum of caring by advices, mostly in T-S regions

> This can quite possibly rub the object of his affection in the wrong way, possibly interpreted as condescension.

condescension is common part of caring motivation. not LSE specifics
    all types tend to care about others in own strong regions

> Like the childlike type, he may tend to live "outside sexuality" and may have to intellectualize it in order to be comfortable.

S types are not indifferent to sexuality. especially Si seeking for physical pleasure. we have conscious stable passion and have no doubts to show this.

on Socionics related sources you may meet a lot of strange and baseless from theory point texts. that was the example

without me here - the texts alike above will be in your heads without competent criticism. you'll be fooling each other and to live in fantasies about the types. the similar will be with the types of concrete people, including your own in profiles

and it's to where this forum and alike lead people as are full of flooders which never studed normal typology sources and more play in typology than use it as should
    I thought you said there was something to the romance styles. I guess you changed your mind.

I told you a couple years ago I was just teasing with the SLE type in my TIM when you thought I was being serious so you should have known I was not serious when I put ILI. It doesn't matter what people put there though. They could sincerely put a type, like EII, and you will tell them it is wrong so it means next to nothing on these forums which is why I do not put my type in it, except for enneagram.

And the type of weakness I am talking about is different than what you are talking about.

That part is basic human nature and not exclusive to LSE/EII

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    No, weakness is a vital part of socionics. Duals are duals because they balance each others' weaknesses. No weaknesses, no dualism.
    Helping another with their weakness facilitates bonding.
    No weaknesses gives perfect people who no one can relate to.
    No one likes too many weaknesses, obviously. But there has to be some.
    I wasn't talking about cognitive weaknesses. I was talking about the romance styles. You are right though. Socionics is about strengths and weaknesses in general. It doesn't support the concept of well balanced human beings who just complement each other.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Director Abbie View Post
    Duals are duals because they balance each others' weaknesses.
    T types like naive and stupid thinking of any F types, including duals? No. F types like when T types are redundantly rude (as those supress emotions and thoughts about emotions of others). No. Duality does not change this. Just talk more with your dual and you'll notice how good they "think" in regions far from relations of people. And you may annoy by inappropriate emotions your dual also.
    Duality is good because people deal with strengthes and weaknesses of each other _better_ than other types. It's not perfect relations. It's a combination of types when to get good relations is _easier_. People help/support each other, including study each other to become better in weak regions - this happens in duality IR easier than at other IR.

> Helping another with their weakness facilitates bonding.

Weaknesses of duals are the factor when people feel the need in each other, are attracted by each other. But they are attracted by strong parts of each other. People do not like weaknesses. They at best are indulgent to them alike would be in children and would prefer to improve people in those regions alike would do in children.
    Duals give feelings of a sympathy and a trust, awaiting a friendship relations. In this kind of relations people help to each other, support each other by _strong parts_. What we value in friends? - what they may give us useful - it's in their strong regions.

You'd prefer to deal with a human which is strong in anything, than with a dual. With smart man of cute F type, not with stupid one. With good physically developed N type man, but not which looks and moves awkwardly.
    If all people would be perfect without types - they'd had lesser attraction to each other by IR effects factors, but there would be other factors and better. Alike we may deal better with adults, but not with weaker kids. Weaknesses are not obligate for good relations, they are more obstacles for them. That "equal psyche" is outside of Socionics, - it's where it may develop later. On initial stage a human will have a type, will get duals (or completely developed) to develop him by the most effective way to a stage without significant type - then Socionics ends and starts something new, where IR as we know them disappear as people have no types for them. The ones which were weird superegos for you should become not lesser pleasant than the ones which were duals for you.

Too hypothetic theme still. Mb I'll understand it better if will get dual/semidual marriage (more probably semiduality as several close relatives and >= 2 generations by men line) and will success to balance own lead/suggestive functions. I remember when I had strong romantic feelings (it mb called as love) to IEI many years ago I got other peoples' perception on a couple of days - my psyche worked differently in F region - as I may understand it now that F became more conscious - people were felt more as unique persons with own feelings (Fi seems) and lesser as objects to deal with. Those were not good relations so the change was short. It shows the possibility of psyche change. Dual not only help you in weak parts, - you may introject his personality (this so looks in the imagination) and such activate own weak regions to make them more conscious. In IR test theme is the experiment with imagination which I did and which gave the new higher feelings (on 9 monthes and years of weaker feelings) and also switched my F higher on some days. The interesting is - the switch was fast - I layed to sleep in one state and rised at morning with other, it did not needed long training. The training mb needed to stabilize the change and mb to make more expressed. At least for base T types a love state (which activates emotions) may to work so. Probably for F types besides dual introjection mb also needed a logical load to switch their T higher [as example of Te load - to gather data about alternatives and find the best one]. For N and S types should be own ways of switching of weak valued functions higher in a consciousness. For Ne types the easiest way mb sex, for Si - VI typing... For Ni types - Jung seems did sculptures for his Se activation; for Se - esoterical mess, mb a guessing.

> No weaknesses gives perfect people who no one can relate to.

We'd need to get those types perfect people and to see. I suppose there is a lot besides Jung's types where people may need each other. With general compassion, when you introject interests and needs of other one, will attract people to each other - they would feel good and happier when other one feels good, so they'd want to care about each other, to have friendly relations.
    Absolutely perfect people would be almighty, - only those would need no one other as there was no place where to care about them. This problem is too distant.

With lesser accentuated type IR effects reduce and the need in functional support. For a human becomes easier to get good relations with other IR than duality. The % of the mutual support will become higher at nontypes factors.
    A human with functional equal psyche will be lesser than LSE dependent from geting Fi sympathies from other people to feel good. He will be seeking more of other kinds of support and regions to deal with them. An interest to other people will not be reduced, the structure of the interest will change. I think the relations will become more intensive as people will be stronger in whole and hence may do more for cooperation - to do more useful for others, be more variative and to be good in relations with more people as IR will not limit this.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I don’t allow LSE to walk the fine line of being rude to his relationships and driving people away by his bluntness thereby helping them keep a circle of relationships. If IF they let me and are not rude to me but that’s letting me have my “area” of expertise
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Aylen

(1) While in an aggressor-victim relationship the aggressor is considered "dominant," in an infantile-caregiver relationship the terms "dominant" and "submissive" are less applicable. However I would posit that the infantile partner is the more dominant as indicated by my entire theory (i.e., that a person exhibits a combination of infantile-aggressor behavior or victim-caregiver behavior based on the relative subtype expression).

(3) Someone with a very strong subtype preference will begin to resemble their neighboring type: for example, an ENFj with a very strong Fe subtype would begin to resemble an ESFj (if the ESFj also had a very strong Fe subtype). The reasoning behind this is that the Fe subtype would partially suppress the other ego function's expression.Alternatively if the ENFj had a very strong Ni subtype, then the ENFj would begin to resemble an ENTj (if the ENTj also had a very strong Ni subtype).
    I've read these things before, and I can relate. In my current close relationship with 2 caregivers, it's me to be kind of aggressive, in the sense that I seem to lead the emotional atmosphere of the relationship, while the 2 caregivers tend to second my every whim, or act passive-aggressive when something doesn't go as they wish.

Yes, I can see well how quasis can resemble each other, I can see the demonstrative over-taking the creative... but the more I am in contact with Te types, the more I see how sweet and un-imposing they really are, which is something that makes me doubt the whole "dominant" thingy.

( all of this from a non-erotic pov)

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

current conversation with my fav LSE in the world:

me: I had such a bad day yesterday, I was in bad arguments with collegues all day

he: dear, did that exhaust you?

me: sure, sorry to be cold with you yesterday, I just couldnt reach out to you.

he: aw, what can I do for you?

me: just be yourself please, 'cause that's the best to me : )

he: are you saying I'm not acting like myself now?

me: lol, no way

^TeSi

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    I was in bad arguments with collegues all day
    How are you conflict avoidant?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what about reading the rest of the post? : )

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(what actually happened in EII/LSE socionics lingo:

me: when people try to cheat me or steal my money or sabotage the work environment, I understand their good intentions because I am a humanist : )

he: you should make more money.

me: you are so right, but I need your help, you're the one supposed to tell me what to do.

he: increase your productivity and reduce the losses.

me: yes, thank you!

he: now I've got work to do, call me when the dinner is ready.

me: what would you like to eat?

he: spinach salad with no oil, make some organic flaxseed bread too

me: oh dear, I love to cook for you!)

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

@Aylen
    you read may books. several about Enneagram which exists in your profile
    but how many Socionics books you read? probably 0
    Jung, MBTI books - are close, but describe only a part of what Socionics is
    you need to read _normal_ Socionics book to improve _systematic_ understanding of what it is. accidental Internet pages and articles, badly translated, partly consisted of nonclassical hypotheses - are not enough

There is a single Socionics book in English which is written by Russian author holding near classics. She wrote several books in Russian and seems gave Socionics lectures. It should be good material to study the theme. It's normal, "true" Socionics source made by respected and popular author. I hope reading it may reduce rough mistakes about types I notice in your messages.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

@Aylen
    you need to read _normal_ Socionics book to improve _systematic_ understanding of what it is. accidental Internet pages and articles, badly translated, partly consisted of nonclassical hypotheses - are not enough

There is a single Socionics book in English which is written by Russian author holding near classics. She wrote several books in Russian and seems gave Socionics lectures. It should be good material to study the theme. It's normal, "true" Socionics source made by respected and popular author. I hope reading it may reduce rough mistakes about types I notice in your messages.
    Yes, I have read several enneagram and Jung books all the way through. I own one physical copy of "Do What You Are : Discover the Perfect Career for You Through the Secrets of Personality Type" as far as MBTI goes. I got it as a gift in 2002. I was not that into it. I think I have some pdfs but didn't bother to read but a chapter or two. I didn't come to socionics with MBTI beliefs influencing my understanding since I never got into MBTI like others have. I only wanted to reconcile some things between the two systems, as you know. I have done that.

I probably have all the books by Jung but could be missing a couple. I have not read all yet. It is a slow process. I read "Psychological Types (The Collected Works of C. G. Jung, Vol. 6)" all the way through. Have you? I also refer to it often > socionics when I give opinions on type. You seem to think because I do not agree with you I must agree with others self typing. That is wrong. I have no opinion on most people's self typing. I have also not made it my job to instruct others the way you have.

I have read "The Red Book" which is my favorite but probably would not be very helpful to you. Perhaps you should check it out though. It might help you to understand Jung better so you make lesser mistakes when typing some people.

https://www.stillnessspeaks.com/asse...g-Complete.pdf

I have read many articles on this site and some from the Russian sites too but I had to use google translate. It is terrible but I don't read Russian so it is what I have to work with. Thanks for the link. I have enough credits on amazon to get the socionics book for free.

One other thing, I think you misunderstand some if not all of my posts because you make complaints not based on what I said but how you mistranslated my words. You are angry with me now because you think I am the one limiting your freedom so you are going to be even less agreeable. That is fine. It matters not to me if you are agreeable. Do not insult my intelligence because you think T types are smarter. I am not as stupid as you seem to think.

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

@Aylen

Having read most of this book I understand your typings much better. Thanks for suggesting it.

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I read "Psychological Types (The Collected Works of C. G. Jung, Vol. 6)" all the way through. Have you?
    Yes.
    My 1st typology book was Filatova "Personality in the mirror of Socionics". There were many photos, but the most important - good and clearly given the theory, without significant nonclassical stuff.
    The 2nd book was Jung "Psychological Types". I read it completely and have found that its X chapter would be enough.
    Then I read some other Socionics books, articles, types descriptions by different authors. During this I tried to understand what is common between all of them, what is the core theory.

I have read "The Red Book" which is my favorite but probably would not be very helpful to you. Perhaps you should check it out though. It might help you to understand Jung better so you make lesser mistakes when typing some people.

I'm satisfied with my types understanding and typing accuracy as it allows to predict good behavior and IR effects. While you opposed to basics of the theory and may do not distinguish well what is type related as above. For example, recently you claimed that IEI being base Ni are not more dreamy than other types, and LSE being Si type tend to intellectualize sexuality (which mostly relates to Si) instead of having it in the conscious without distortions. Those mistakes are clear for me, while Jung is interesting only in conceptions of this types but not how he interpreted then his own theory. He mistaked even in own type, thinking himself as base T having all that muddy thinking style and also assigned himself to opposite values. Do not overesteemate Jung as types expert, - he described principles of the types but never was able to use them practically and hence did not understood much correctly. Better pay more attention to theory as it is given in Socionics texts - they are reworked thoughts of Jung and unlike he Filatova probably understood own type correctly. If Jung would come to the forum and wrote LII in his profile, - I'd annoyed him that he's wrong too. And mb argued about theory also. He was the 1st, his texts can be partly outdated. Do not idealize him. I type alot for years and check the theory regularly to understand what is correct. And definetely type better than that your Jung. Though not perfectly, but IR test gives objectve hopes that not awful - I do not need to reject the importance of IR theory and to rationalize mistakes by additional doubtful hypotheses. While Jung had nothing close to be sure in what he does, - he used the types with a few patients only, had limited and specifical types watching experience. The earlier his works about types are - the lesser he had practical basis to understand the types. He've created the tool, was smart to understand its basics, but never was a master to use it. He missed in own model that 8 functions are in the consciousness and all are important to explain the behavior, have missed values and functional complementation conception, never gave clear and correct enough expanded functions descriptions to the degree to be unable to use his own theory even on yourself.

Red book. I doubt there is a new theory. In case you see there is such - you'd could to make own article with those additions to his Psychological Types. I'm not base Ni alike you. For me what Jung writes about types is mostly a mess, sometimes doubtful, with rare plots of a reason.

> I have read many articles on this site and some from the Russian sites too but I had to use google translate. It is terrible

The most terrible is that autotranslations may to have direct distortions of the _sense_, beside indirect ones. Plain autotranslations should not be used for serious texts by this reason. The texts on English sites are nonprofessional and "easy made" translations from Russian - may to have the same problem, just lesser in case a recheck by a human was done. Those are harder to understand, as minimum. Only published books (alike by Filatova) and mb English articles done by their authors (or under their control) [1][2] should to have relatively good language, where you read what was supposed. The other are "fanfics", especially when are made by the ones without good languages levels.

> Do not insult my intelligence because you think T types are smarter.

I criticize your opinions, but not general intelligence. F types tend to assign own emotional motivation to T types.

Having read most of this book I understand your typings much better. Thanks for suggesting it.
    You got the book so fast.
    Normal Socionics book just allows to understand Socionics itself. While I use it close to classical theory. Some people reported about my examples - "oh.. those are so stereotypical". Sure they are "stereotypical" as they fit to classical theory. The theory which works "stereotypically" - as should. IR effects, for example. You may look at my SLE/SEE/betas to compare your impressions to other types examples.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

We delt with a problem very differently today

Our daughter developed a flat head due to a neck condition. It is completely cosmetic and does not affect her brain and development in any way.

While we are at the doctors office getting a prescription for a helmet that she will have to wear for three months, 23 hours a day, we start to ask questions and our concerns come out based on our base functions.

My mind travels to the past where I picture my father having a leg brace in the summer, developing a heat rash and getting a big infection and due to poor circulation getting a bad bacteria and I tell the doctor “if my daughter experiences a heat infection I am taking this thing off permanently!”

My husband looks at it logically and aesthetically “we will keep her in an air conditioned room, problem solving “but she should try to wear it so that her teeth are not out of alignment in the future “

At first my husband got upset at me for not wanting her to wear it all the way through but when he understood that I have experienced ptsd from having witnessed my father go through trauma he understand where my emotional concerns were coming from.

I want to protect my loved ones and he wants the best for our daughter and he will find solutions to make that happen even if he has to assume her care.

EII have to try to not let the past determine their words now. We live in our minds so the images that come to us make us experience concerns that are often not communicated clearly to others. We have to try to do that so the other person knows and understands how we feel and what brought that feeling up to the surface
    -

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

flat head: P

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I have to do a better job of communicating the images that come to my mind that create fears (all the possibilities that can go wrong in the future as a result of, and living in the future therefore). I just don’t talk as much and I react instead
    -

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    -

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beautiful sky View Post
    Who's who?

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post
    Who's who?
    ESTj are grumpy serious stern strict

I’m the one all over them
    -

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTj are grumpy serious stern strict

I’m the one all over them
    Sometimes it feels the other way around.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

The kind of woman that he marries he will select for himself. It is difficult to influence or manipulate him in this respect, because he is a person of exceptionally sound reason who solidly stands on ground with his own two feet. He can only be subtly and delicately directed towards a decision, which he will make after he thinks everything through. Most of all, he values decency, delicacy of manner, good upbringing, and finesse of the soul. The most valuable that he can offered is good relations. Specially, the ability of a woman to maintain good relations with him, as well as with his friends, evokes a flow of warm feelings in him and appreciation for her.
    -

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

.....is difficult to influence or manipulate him........who solidly stands on ground........can only be subtly and delicately directed.......the ability of a woman to maintain good relations with him......
    Your phrasing comes across as if you need to be a seasoned diplomat who has to pander in order to maintain your relationship. I cannot see duality between two normal partners requiring egg-shell walking on any occasion.....

a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post
    Your phrasing comes across as if you need to be a seasoned diplomat who has to pander in order to maintain your relationship. I cannot see duality between two normal partners requiring egg-shell walking on any occasion.....

a.k.a. I/O
    Nah it's just soft power instead of hard power. It's not egg shell walking for EII because that's how they naturally are anyway. Trying to inspire instead of demand, suggest instead of direct. And it's the only kind of direction LSE would take anyway. Plug meets socket.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and then you have all this pent up rage blow up on online forums.... aye duality

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelondeck View Post

a.k.a. I/O
    It’s a quote from a Russian article
    -

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ooo View Post
    and then you have all this pent up rage blow up on online forums.... aye duality
    offline communication just to do transfer all of duality charm

* I'm serious. nonverbal is much of personal impression
    ** on forums many are mistyped ones
    *** nontypes factors are important too. some people need more efforts to adopt

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It’s a quote from a Russian article
    OK, but people often use quotes to describe recognized aspects of relationships so if the quote is indicative of what you have observed then the words don't make the relationship seem all that healthy.....

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I was inspired to post in this thread after reading the Audrey Hepburn (EII) thread.

I'm not LSE, but my mother was and my sister is and so are some of my friends, and believe it or not, despite being LIE myself, I can kind of get into the heads of LSEs. More than I can most people, anyway.

I also have had an EII secretary for over ten years, and I can tell you exactly how I feel when I'm around her. Weirdly enough, her mere presence pushes me to be more LSE, which I can actually do for a short time, and when this happens, my reaction to her is to think that she is a jewel beyond price, and I want to put her up as the princess, maybe the eventual queen, of the palace.

I'll bet you dollars to donuts that that's exactly how LSEs feel about EIIs.

Fortunately for me, thinking like an LSE also comes with thoughts of lumber, boats, and home improvement while thoughts of the future simply vanish, so I can recognize when this happens to me and can shake it off.
    Get back to thinking about new opportunities out there and how the hell we're going to make a profit next year.
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 06-10-2022 at 01:06 PM.

Fuck this toxic snake pit Fluffy Princess Unicorn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Get back to thinking about new opportunities out there and how the hell we're going to make a profit next year.
    Lmao. Yeah, sounds exactly right for LIE.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    I was inspired to post in this thread after reading the Audrey Hepburn (EII) thread.

Next comes a sea of compliments and praises
    Thanks, Adam, now I have no doubts about Audrey's type - your reaction is a good argument for the version that she is IEE, the benefactor for LIE

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Gabin View Post
    Thanks, Adam, now I have no doubts about Audrey's type - your reaction is a good argument for the version that she is IEE, the benefactor for LIE
    Honestly, I have no idea which type Audrey might be, but she reminds me more of the EIIs whom I know than she does the IEEs.
    I actually have an EII secretary and an IEE bookkeeper, but who really knows? There is no blood test for type.

TIM
    EII-1Ne 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My LSE-Te ex was drier than a dead leaf 99% of the time. Basically, all the LSE-Tes I’ve known have been too void of empathy for me. It literally drains my Fi trying to cover the tracks of their insensitivity. LSE-Si always seems so much warmer and more tuned in to others.

I have yet to experience the being-put-on-a-pedestal by an LSE that Adam describes. That kind of attention definitely would make my EII heart feel very loved. Now, I just need to meet an LSE with secure attachment.

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

reflectionson a possible duality from middle school-
    hewas from local 'aristocracy'and had a common king's name. he was laidback, friendly andextraverted as all hell. for context this was also right at thebeginning of when kids start adolescing so we were more or lesschildren.
    fordoublecontext i am inherently shy, but i had also spent several yearshomeschooledso i was not used to regularlybeing around people of my age.
    hewas sat right next to me initially-it was kind of weird since we were on the very corner of the class, abit "isolated" in a way.ithink it was an effort to get him to talk less. not that it worked.
    anyway,him and his friends wouldmake fun of me,andi would get extremely offended and come at them(and myself)viciously.buthe was actually rather sensitive, or at least not expecting -all ofthat-. i think he asked me once why i acted that way toward him
    andiactually developed a bit of a crush on him - even though i hated him- and my friends all said "eww why would you likehim he's rude".buticouldn't understand why, so i didn't stoke the feelings.
    it'sactually a bit sad when i look back on it how the power dynamics werenot necessarily all they seemed - i think i believed that "popularkids" had an endless supply of confidence,asi would viciously confront them with woes of the underdog, who inhindsight seemed to somehowenjoytheir position more than thoseabove them- imust admit iam not goodatsniffing out people'strue intentions.
    ithink if i met him today i would have to treat him, and myself withmore baseline respect than i ever did. itis still an issue for me today to feel agitated and overwhelmed whenin the presence of more than several peopleso i doubt i'd be more friendly,but i don't think i would haveto beso quick to see those feelings as a vendetta if that makes sense.reactions are not always appropriate full reflections of otherpeople,sometimes others just get the brunt of one'sown problems.

TIM
    ESI sp4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This 100000000%

That’s because EII are sure of their correctness and rightness because they lead with strong ethics and will get their “society” to recognize ethics despite group think. I do have strong feelings of love and compassion for people despite being and coming off as a know it all and stubborn and conceited. I am one of the most accepting and inviting individuals I know. Funny how that works

Hi! Super late to this thread (also off topic but considering it's been years, thought I'd pop in anyway) but I've been doing some in a sense, "dumpster diving" into socionics and recently self typed as EII, but this threw me in for a loop. Sometimes, I feel the need to adhere to social norms such as smiling at people who come up and talk to me because I don't want them to be uncomfortable. I see this as wanting to come across "emotionally pleasant" or out of consideration for others. Although I can turn that switch off too if I absolutely do not want to be approached - as in, before someone approaches but not after. Do you or have you related to this? Or perhaps you mean in a more general sense of not caring about being emotionally pleasant?

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Durian
    if your self-perception in a type related area does not match another person's who self-types the same as you, that does not mean that you are the mistyped one. the behaviour you ascribe to yourself is closer to typical EII behaviour than what Beautiful sky says about them.
    EII are quite aware of what they feel is ethically right, but they are Fi types, introverts and Ne types - they are demure, gentle and yielding, conflict-avoidant, preferring to deal with people indirectly (they do not just say what they think, they colour it according to the situation, in order to keep the pleasant atmosphere) and to be pleasant and kind to them, they have a good understanding of people and how to ''maneuver'' in contact with them, can often try to look for a hidden positive side in people they feel a distaste to. in more intimate relations they are more open and direct with what they think.

TIM
    ESI sp4
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you so much @nifl! That cleared my confusion. And yes, you are right about not needing to "match another person". As I've barely touched the surface and have basic understanding of socionics, I want to ask about every single little thing that doesn't match or relates to other types to gain confidence in my self typing and learn more about all the other types as well.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Durian View Post
    Thank you so much @nifl! That cleared my confusion. And yes, you are right about not needing to "match another person". As I've barely touched the surface and have basic understanding of socionics, I want to ask about every single little thing that doesn't match or relates to other types to gain confidence in my self typing and learn more about all the other types as well.
    Hi
    The way you are has a lot to do with your upbringing as well as the ethical construction you have made for yourself as in “how will I approach other “ and “how I want others to approach me “

We come from very different backgrounds and have different formed ethics
    -

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast