LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Research of Fears in One-Dimensional Functions

Research of Fears in One-Dimensional Functions

Really interesting article.

Do you find that your greatest fears relate to your one dimensional functions (4 and 5). Are your lesser fears correspond to your 4 dimensional functions (1 and 8)?

Please note that one letter abbreviations are used to designate functions as is a common practice among Russian socionicists.

The equivalence is:

R = Fi (ethics of Relations)
    E = Fe (ethics of Emotions)
    L = Ti (logic of Laws)
    P = Te (logic of Procedures)
    T = Ni (intuition of Time)
    I = Ne (intuition of Ideas)
    S = Si (sensation of Senses)
    F = Se (sensation of Force)

As an LII, my one dimensional functions are E (Fe) and F (Se). However, I would say my greatest fears fall under R (Fi) and E (Fe), where I related to everything. F (Se) surprisingly I fear less according to the description. I very much fear unwarranted aggression and sometimes fear that I won't be strong enough to adequately defend myself or my interests, but this is not my greatest fear. The other things under Se, I only occasionally fear or not at all.

However, I did strongly relate to this example given for LII:

Screenshot (306).png

Overall, my lowest fears were in the areas of L (Ti) and T (Ni), both of which are 4-D functions for me.

However, I have fears scattered about in all 8 functions. (I am a phobic enneagram 6 after all!) For instance I fear being called incompetent, which is said to be associated with P (Te) and also not amounting to anything in my life (I, Ne), and loss of health in old age, (S, Si).
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I feel like fears are related to hidden agenda and the failure to meet it somehow. I think other things are more accurately "insecurities" and are largely influenced by culture. Te, competency/usefulness is a demand put on masculinity. (especially age-related) Loss of health is a reasonable fear for anyone, and probably related to Ni as well. Failure to reach ones potential seems like a delta/alpha thing, whereas failure to influence the world seems like a more gamma/beta thing. It gets hazy because they can be intertwined to some degree (one's potential may be related to changing the world, etc)...

the perfect storm of these factors could get rough for some people. imagine IEE males living in a LIE culture, so the culture and their HA is both Te valuing and delta is obsessed with potential such that failure to achieve something in that realm could be a very terrifying possibility, especially if they feel like they had their shot but somehow missed it. That would probably wreck them

in any case, I'd like to change the world for the better and also truly love someone in a deep way. I don't feel very much in touch with my fear in general so its hard to say exactly how I fear not doing those things, but at the same time I feel moved to avoid not doing them which I guess you could call fear. the deeper fear, which I don't think is at all likely, but the idea is terrifying, is the idea that I somehow couldn't love someone, or can't influence the world for the better (as in, flawed but don't know it, or "no point"--nihilism) like what if we're in one of those nightmare scenarios where trying to do those things just makes things worse. like uh anakin skywalker trying to save padme or something. the idea that I could be the bad guy is scary because such things are so common and the consequence is so awful... its the kind of thing that if you don't recognize you could waste your life, or if there was really never any point to begin with (either I'm bad, or "good" is a meaningless illusion--I find either option terrifying), which I guess brings us back to potential

sometimes I really wonder what delta thinks about all that because I wonder if gamma has a hard time perceiving the higher ring of social development in the same way beta fails to understand gamma in a lot of ways. it makes me think maybe there's something to their preoccupation with fear and potential, but I feel like at the same time I don't really "get it"

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Very accurate, I basically fear the 4D functions of LSI and to some extent, their creative.

Quote Originally Posted by Si
    - Fear of disease (unpleasant sensations)
    - Fear of judgement of appearance,
    - Fear of old age because of concomitant senility, ugly appearance, atrophy of senses.
    - fear of embarrassing, unpleasant situations associated with the biological aspects: smells, stains, touch, views, etc., causing the state of embarrassment, shame,
    - fear of changes on the body.
    I feel hyper self-conscious with these, way more than this where I'm practically at a loss:

Quote Originally Posted by Ti
    - Confusion, uncertainty and "hang up" when you have something to do using L-function, but it fails,
    - Uncertainty: do I have the right, what rights do I have at all, what the rules are, how these rules interpret this situation?
    - Fear of status, whether you have the right,
    - Fear of mental assessment
    - Fear of the uncertain situation in the system, the place in society.
    - fear of the dispute, inability to reason.
    - fear of appearing illogical

50-50 here. I fear verbal aggression because I'm thin-skinned and have bullies on my radar, while physical aggression is my territory (I dance, I practiced martial arts)

Quote Originally Posted by Se
    - Inability to stand up for themselves
    - Fear of unwarranted aggression, particularly from the group,
    - Violence
    - Fear of material loss,
    - Fear of material failure,
    - Helplessness in defending and protecting their interests,
    - Fear that I would have to fight and who knows how it will end, including the fear of not calculate its strength and hurt a person,
    - Fear to confess not only to others but to themselves (or thinking about it) that is already ill and need to take action.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    I feel like fears are related to hidden agenda and the failure to meet it somehow. I think other things are more accurately "insecurities" and are largely influenced by culture. Te, competency/usefulness is a demand put on masculinity. Loss of health is a reasonable fear for anyone, and probably related to Ni as well. Failure to reach ones potential seems like a delta/alpha thing, whereas failure to influence the world seems like a more gamma/beta thing. It gets hazy because they can be intertwined to some degree (one's potential may be related to changing the world, etc)...

the perfect storm of these factors could get rough for some people. imagine ENFP males living in a LIE culture, so the culture and their HA is both Te valuing and delta is obsessed with potential such that failure to achieve something in that realm could be a very terrifying possibility, especially if they feel like they had their shot but somehow missed it. That would probably wreck them

in any case, I'd like to change the world for the better and also truly love someone in a deep way. I don't feel very much in touch with my fear in general so its hard to say exactly how I fear not doing those things, but at the same time I feel moved to avoid not doing them which I guess you could call fear. the deeper fear, which I don't think is at all likely, but the idea is terrifying, is the idea that I somehow couldn't love someone, or can't influence the world for the better. like what if we're in one of those nightmare scenarios where trying to do those things just makes things worse. like uh anakin skywalker trying to save padme or something. the idea that I could be the bad guy is scary because such things are so common and the consequence is so awful... its the kind of thing that if you don't recognize you could waste your life. which I guess brings us back to potential

sometimes I really wonder what delta thinks about all that because I wonder if gamma has a hard time perceiving the higher ring of social development in the same way beta fails to understand gamma in a lot of ways. it makes me think maybe there's something to their preoccupation with fear and potential, but I feel like at the same time I don't really "get it"
    You don't need gender roles for HA issues, I had that achievement-competency problem in grammar school and still do. Enneagram, you know. The rest: I didn't quite get what you were trying to convey.

IEE in a LIE culture sounds rather beneficial (hah, word play on intertype relationships), IEE VS is the real challenge.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm saying IEE has it rough in America where the measure of a man is largely thought to be determined by their earning power. I mean no offense, but I think low Ti/Te is tolerated more in women, especially attractive ones, which is its own kind of bigotry, but it means a lot of IEE women, from the point of view of culture, just need to be pretty and entertaining to alleviate a lot of societal pressure (not all of course).

In any case, I know playing the oppression olympics with delta and within delta, between IEEs, is a bad idea, so just forget about it. IEE male or female has their own unique set of challenges and I'm not trying to say anyone has it easier or harder on the whole, I was just trying to illustrate how fears are influenced by outside factors and differ based on context in addition to personality type

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    I'm saying IEE has it rough in America where the measure of a man is largely thought to be determined by their earning power. I mean no offense, but I think low Ti/Te is tolerated more in women, especially attractive ones, which is its own kind of bigotry, but it means a lot of IEE women, from the point of view of culture, just need to be pretty and entertaining to alleviate a lot of societal pressure (not all of course).

In any case, I know playing the oppression olympics with delta and within delta, between IEEs, is a bad idea, so just forget about it. IEE male or female has their own unique set of challenges and I'm not trying to say anyone has it easier or harder on the whole, I was just trying to illustrate how fears are influenced by outside factors and differ based on context in addition to personality type
    Good. Also, better move our focus to those who do the oppressing and not those who are oppressed. Any system that's oppressive has the #1 trait of dividing those that should work together, politics 101.
    This thread is about fears and 1D elements though back to that

TIM
    RLOEI 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Se description definitely fits me. The Fe one fits as well, but to a lesser extent now since I've set up my life in such a way that I'm highly unlikely to be faced with Fe. The Fe fears were the biggest problem growing up. The Fi one mostly fits me as well, though I don't fear conflict in close relations. I'd be more upset if someone avoided conflict to preserve harmony and was passive aggressive.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes, there are laws for that and they are not that strightforward but very nuanced. I do not really see that you are suposed to maintain some sort of psychological distance what ever it is. It becomes problematic mainly when people cross those boundaries through me. I do experience some sort of opposing force field between me and rest of the world incl. people.
    Maybe it is and .

me and I become passive-aggressive or back down. Show extremity towards other people and I become very upset.

I'll say that for example ending up in wrong place has potential of causing negative sensations.

people when they are in tight spot start to panick over things that are just obvious. Which colored coord can I use to put through electricity (difference is just colour).
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 06-01-2017 at 06:20 PM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    Research of Fears in One-Dimensional Functions

Really interesting article.

Do you find that your greatest fears relate to your one dimensional functions (4 and 5). Are your lesser fears correspond to your 4 dimensional functions (1 and 8)?
    The Ne section is the worst. The Ni section also has some fears I relate to. But, I also relate to some of the Fi fears - like being betrayed, and a little bit to the Te ones, like looking unprofessional, or missing something. The Ti and Si and Se issues don't concern me at all - they all seem like non-issues. (I like that I didn't know what the letters stood for and chose first and then had to look up what section it was so I wasn't unduly swayed by any preconceived ideas)

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    The Ne section is the worst. The Ni section also has some fears I relate to. But, I also relate to some of the Fi fears - like being betrayed, and a little bit to the Te ones, like looking unprofessional, or missing something. The Ti and Si and Se issues don't concern me at all - they all seem like non-issues. (I like that I didn't know what the letters stood for and chose first and then had to look up what section it was so I wasn't unduly swayed by any preconceived ideas)

The Si section concerned me alot, especially things like growing old and losing my health and looks. The Ne section a moderate amount, especially the part about not amounting to something in society. The Ti ones didn't concern me as much as other sections but occasionally I find myself being afraid of being mentally assessed in a not so flattering way or of the dispute.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I was going thru and copy-pasting the ones that stood out for me more but when I got to Ne they all did and it feels silly to point out how I fit in the box. The Te stuff isn't really so bad; I can see the outcome of my work and I know I'm not incompetent or anything, and those fears only surface in specific relevant situations, not so much as a general sense of anxiety. Interestingly the other elements I would copy from were Fi, Ni, and Se. But it makes sense, I guess, that I would be more fearful about things that I value than things that I don't. It looks like other people here have varied results and opinions though.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Bothered by these (not really fear, but bothered by it at times, no real strong reaction though unless serious, like betrayal):
    R (Fi)

- Fear of being rejected, ignored, not taken in a group, boycotted - the fear to face contempt, harassment (humiliation)
    - Betrayal of a close person (can also be exposed to I-function),

In certain situations only, very bothered by these:
    E (Fe)
    - Fear of being captured by strong emotions,
    - Fear of getting into a situation where you will face strong negative emotions or inappropriate positive, while being not able to leave,
    - Fear of violent emotions,
    - Fear of negative emotions.

Here the 2nd one is really strong trigger for aggression, as for first one, very intolerant too, e.g. if someone actually lied to me then that's it, bye:
    I (Ne)
    - Fear of deception, uncertainty,
    - Fear to be misunderstood,

I don't like to lose what I have but I don't know if this is what was meant by this one:
    F (Se)
    - Fear of material loss,

Interestingly enough, this one I don't react to at all but it just seems like some very good protection against thinking about it because I know I'd hate not having control. So I'm like blind to the possibility of this:
    T (Ni)
    - Fear of unpredictability (and the lack of control but not in the sense of predestination so that one I don't count)

No problem with the Ti, Si and the Te ones. For Ti what is strongly noticeable to me is that I very much focus on the issues as brought up in the list but with confidence along with it.

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Se description I say was the most frightening for me:

- Inability to stand up for themselves
    - Fear of unwarranted aggression, particularly from the group,
    - Violence

- Fear of material loss
    - Fear of material failure
    - Helplessness in defending and protecting their interests,
    - Fear that I would have to fight and who knows how it will end, including the fear of not calculate its strength and hurt a person,
    - Fear to confess not only to others but to themselves (or thinking about it) that is already ill and need to take action.

Ne was second scariest to me, although that's almost cheating because a lot of it was 6ish.

- Fear of deception, uncertainty,
    - Fear to be misunderstood
    - Fear of “hopeless worthlessness”, lack of ability to do anything, achieve something, insolvency (This and the assessment one felt like a blend of the Se and Te lists to be honest)
    - Fear of assessment ( "I do not need to be assessed").
    - Fear of own unpredictability (This was the one underlying thing that worried me on the Fe list so thanks for covering that here instead)

I also worry a fair amount about the Te stuff, particularly in the "differentiating between effectiveness of X and Y" department. I typically swat away fears of incompetence through diligence ("if I work hard, people will still value me even if I'm not that good") Also, my fear of evaluation depends on whether the evaluator is Fe/Ti valuing (worried, but a healthy amount) or Te/Fi (hidden minor panic).

- Fear of incompetence,
    - Fear of undertaking new business,
    - Helplessness in face of multiple tasks, of impossibility to decide what to do,
    - Fear of responsibility to others for work
    - Fear that something is not taken into account, not completed,
    - Fear of looking unprofessional, not cope with the business situation,
    - Fear of evaluation as a specialist
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1
    Bit of a comic books nerd, bit of a fashion nerd, a lot of a generalized nerd