Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My comments to DCNH

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Tallmo , have you observed if DCNH subtype remains stable during one's life, or if it does change ?

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    @Tallmo

what do you think of Annie Clark? she seems like she could be a C gamma NT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9TlaYxoOO8
    She definitely seems C
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lavos View Post
    @Tallmo , have you observed if DCNH subtype remains stable during one's life, or if it does change ?
    No I haven't seen any real subtype change. But I think it could happen. It's difficult though because the person would have to do much work outside of his comfort zone in order to make the change happen.

Usually it's stable
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    She definitely seems C
    @Tallmo don't pull any punches what base type do you think

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Tallmo don't pull any punches what base type do you think
    I dont know, maybe LIE?

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

what do you make of the sensing content in that video

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I read this book "Surrounded by Idiots" which talk about a system "DiSC" which talks about 4 types and in colours. The leader type (red) which achieve and are into competition, the funny/creative guy (yellow) who have many friends and good communicator, the stable and stubborn person (green) who do what they say and is trustworthy. The every guy. And the analytic (blue) who is also introverted as the green and want more information all the time, love to analyse. The book go into depths and have many descriptions. Also it have the "red-blue type" and other mixes and the yellow and blue are in conflict. Probably the red and green too etc. Its pretty much a better and more worked out verson of DNCH. I wonder who had the idea first, where it comes from and why is Gulenko so dull?

personlighetstyper.png

http://thomaserikson.com/books/surrounded-by-idiots/
    https://www.meetingsinternational.co...les.php?id=265

DiSC overview:
    https://www.discprofile.com/what-is-disc/overview/

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

@Tallmo Interesting observations, thanks for sharing. I just have to say that Gulenko types Steve Jobs EIE. And EIE is the hardest type to live with, he says. Also he self-types LII-C, not LII-N.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    I just have to say that Gulenko types Steve Jobs EIE. And EIE is the hardest type to live with
    Gulenko types to EIE more than should.
    the hardness of EIE depends on IR

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Pretty sure I'm Harmonizing now. Reading Tallmo's description gives me the impression I'm not C, but that I could be compatible with C.

Edit: I have a string of conflicting relations with D, including quadra members. That also reinforces it.

I personally think the order of comptability goes like this:

D with N and C with H (very compatible)
    H with N and C with D (second highest compatibility, partners get along ok for the most part with no real conflicts, but no deep understanding either)
    Identical subtypes (can be boring IMO, not much happens but good understanding overall. I voted this less compatible then former pair, but I think they are about equal actually)
    D with H and C with N (very incompatible)
    Last edited by WVBRY; 04-08-2018 at 02:33 PM.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    @Tallmo Interesting observations, thanks for sharing. I just have to say that Gulenko types Steve Jobs EIE. And EIE is the hardest type to live with, he says. Also he self-types LII-C, not LII-N.
    He types his wife as EIE if I remember correctly?
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avebury View Post
    Pretty sure I'm Harmonizing now. Reading Tallmo's description gives me the impression I'm not C, but that I could be compatible with C.

Edit: I have a string of conflicting relations with D, including quadra members. That also reinforces it.

H with N and C with D (second highest compatibility, partners get along ok for the most part with no real conflicts, but no deep understanding either)
    Identical subtypes (can be boring IMO, not much happens but good understanding overall. I voted this less compatible then former pair, but I think they are about equal actually)
    Actually subtype-duals aren't the most attractive but they are the best for long term stability:
    *Ds love other people who also love winning, this energizes them
    *Cs love other people who are enthusiastic, orienting towards uncharted territory, this energizes them
    *Ns love other people who are interested in order and stability, this gives them confidence
    *Hs love other people who are very accommodating and chill, they love when their values are espoused

However:
    Ds get annoyed by other Ds gradually because they mutually want people to control and don't want to be controlled.
    Cs get annoyed by other Cs gradually because they mutually want to impress and can't get this from someone who does the same
    Ns get annoyed by other Ns gradually because they isolate each other focusing on their on routine and order
    Hs get annoyed by other Hs gradually because they keep trying to adapt to each other endlessly

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avebury View Post

I agree on the compatibilities. Thats pretty much my experience. If your subtyping yourself then read the original articles. Im just giving scattered comments in the OP. Not complete descriptions.
    Last edited by Tallmo; 04-09-2018 at 03:32 PM.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm observing the following link:

Dominant: seems like benefactor
    Creative: seems like mirror/supervisee
    Normalizing: seems like superego
    Harmonizing: seems like supervisor

I think troll said something like this, but now I'm beginning to observe/confirm it.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crAck View Post
    @Tallmo

re: Obama -

What do you think of DCNH and VI (visual identification)? There might be more comprehensive DCNH VI traits, but in general I'm somewhat new to DCNH, VI, and this forum too, so haven't read that much. Anyway, in my >20x experience when I've been able to clearly decide on a shape this has never been false: http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.p..._DCNH_subtypes

I've seen Obama typed as ENTp (EP), ENFj (EJ), INTp (IP). If you look at his face (google image "obama face"), it is definitely oval. This matches EP-D -- so Obama is an ENTp (or at least not the other types)?

Since you seem to have extensive experience/history with DCNH, perhaps you can quickly jog your memory and report how many do or don't fit that basic VI formula? I'm sure I don't need to tell you, but sometimes face shape is not clearly one or the other -- for those cases, better to tally those as "dubious (lean yes) / dubious (lean no) / dubious (???)" and don't add them to the main yes/no count or something.

Thanks!
    I dont really pay attention to face shapes so I cant tell you. Yes Obama is an obvious D subtype. Im not entirely sure of his type but I think he seems LIE.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Obama is the best, hard for me to see him and the zucc being the same type though

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

if we could determine temperament by face shape we could all go home anyway

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I definitely try to adapt to whatever there's a lack of... like if everyone is boring I try to impress, if there's no energy I try to dominate conversation, if people are attention whores I back down and sip my tea, if people want to command its obviously just easier to give up my agenda...

Most of the time people are more extroverted than I am so I am more N and H

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obama is distancing (inert/ethical/whatever) ESE. Dominating per DCNH. His marriage is identical relations.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

university of chicago [1] constitutional law professor and president of the united states, barrack obama, ESE..? head executive [2] of the united states whose integral is LIE? seems unlikely

[1] aka gamma-ville
    [2] the executive branch being almost by definition a Te function in the government

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

university of chicago [1] constitutional law professor and president of the united states, barrack obama, ESE..? head executive [2] of the united states whose integral is LIE? seems unlikely

[1] aka gamma-ville
    [2] the executive branch being almost by definition a Te function in the government
    And this is exactly why you don't type people by reading their biography.

Nothing you said contraindicates ESE. Inert ESEs are often academically focused and are particularly fond of history, law and related disciplines. As president, he did a lousy job mostly because he was too nice to people he should never have been nice to.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

that's funny I imagine we're talking past eachother then, because you think he did a lousy job and therefore that supports ESE but I think he did an amazing job and that militates against ESE

and I didn't read his biography to get that, to me that is straight common knowledge (for anyone with sufficient knowledge of the man to even begin to type him, at least) and common sense

with regard to common sense, all I can say is if you think ESE (inert) are academics and lawyers then we have fundamentally very different perceptions of the type

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's funny I imagine we're talking past eachother then, because you think he did a lousy job and therefore that supports ESE but I think he did an amazing job and that militates against ESE
    Either way, doing a good or lousy job neither confirms nor contraindicates any type. For example, if he had a dual marriage instead of identical, he might have been able to lean on his partner's analysis and accomplish much more of his vision, but that's just speculation.

There have of course been LIE presidents, for example, Bill Clinton

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

oh I see, you have an entire world of idiosyncratic typings

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh I see, you have an entire world of idiosyncratic typings
    If you mean I can actually assess types well enough, then yes. As far as I can tell my assessments are the same as Gulenko's, which makes sense because I use his ideas extensively.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

so did gulenko type bill clinton LIE and obama ESE or not? if he did, why not just say so at the get go

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so did gulenko type bill clinton LIE and obama ESE or not? if he did, why not just say so at the get go
    I honestly have no idea about that, I'm just saying in cases where Gulenko has a type for someone it agrees with my assessment. Can't say that for others (e.g. Filatova)

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

lol alright, glad we got the cleared up

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's why I was asking you to jog your memory (think about the people you know and who you've main and DDCNH typed), but if you don't want to that's fine.
    I cant confirm this from memory, it's hard to tell whats square, round etc. But it's usually very easy to type someone by DCNH without any extra tricks.

If I remember correctly this hypothesis was made by a former forum member (JohDo). (I think he self-typed H-LII). ? Old threads might have more information.

(Jung on Si)

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LOL at face shape identification. I'm clearly either H or D based on that (oval or rectangular).
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm not sure if you misunderstand or I. MAIN type/temperament cannot be determined by face shape. The question is if DCNH type/temperament can.

e.g. ILE (EP temperament) w/ oval face = Dominating DCNH.
    yeah somewhere there's an article on DCNH and their link to hormones, which also influences face shape, thats probably the connection

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Judging from your post there, you might be D. Loud, obvious, makes their presence known, etc. Then again, this is not me seriously typing you off one post.

You also have H as a maybe in your type - so perhaps you are right with that? Keep in mind there's an unconscious bias by IJ/EP types to want to be C in my observations - so if you're really ILE, I'd be cautious.
    Well, I'm quite distancing person IRL. Normalizing type is the most balanced and well rounded person from societal perspective (not really me). Interpersonally trustworthiness comes from wanting to keep the peace.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys let´s not take this stuff so too far.
    Many people are skeptical of VI even when it comes to standard socionics.
    Extending VI to DCNH you basically exponentiate the likelihood of reaching nonsense conclusions.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It is like LII's speciality how they observe all kinds of shapes, sizes and movements. Gulenko's descriptions contain lots of it. It must be said that it is a hit and miss strategy. They like to make it sound like they are better at it than they really are still it seems far better than mine (dynamic sensing).
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    SEI-Fe1 9w1 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well, I love how you've described creative and harmonizing types as having almost this 'harsh' or 'sharp' look to their eyes. I've already noticed that in the guys I'm attracted to. It's like a look that stubbornly says "I refuse to be pinned down by your expectations of me" while still remaining open and wild, eccentric, 'crazy'. Well, at least that's the best way I can think of to put it.

I think I'm definitely attracted to creative types most, but I'm not sure if I fit the harmonizing description It's tough to say. I guess most likely it's the best fit, though, but I feel like I've had to adopt traits of the creative subtype to make my life more fun and worthwhile. I haven't been able to find much Ne stimulation from the people/situations I was raised around.

Edit: One other thing I've noticed is that I don't like prominent Se in a potential dating interest. I find it slightly threatening, or just off-putting. My own willpower is already strong enough for life. So it's just the Ne creative subtype that I like.
    Last edited by Xaiviay; 07-03-2018 at 06:53 PM.

TIM
    LSI-C™
    Mentioned
    237 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Obama is D-ESI.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

After some observation:

D - Very much likely not me and I don't want to be like that either. It is like sometimes they tend have something underdeveloped in them in terms broadness of the mind. However they can show particularly good command of base.

C - Maybe, maybe not. Not much of impulsiveness in me.

N - I might humor many and pretend to follow something but in the end it is usually manipulated to become my own way which is not readily apparent. It has to be loose.

H - Possibly. People say that I'm not fan of any sort of rivalry and territorial stuff and I prefer it like that. Not much of an adult. Quite docile.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    IEE 4w5 sx/so
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From the smallest sample size, I only have one person who I have watched grow since birth and I am quite sure he has never been H type, in the sense that from day 1 my son has been extremely difficult, pig-headed, loud, pushy, independent, contrary, attention seeking, inventive etc, at 6 weeks took him to a pediatrician who just said he was a "high crier" and nothing has changed since then in his temperament or personality I have just had to find ways to deal with it. that is my only example but I believe he is a c type and that has not started as anything else.

TIM
    SeFi 485
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am an obvious and relentless creative. People in some circles called me "Art" instead of my name. This happened more than once, in totally different circles who did not know each other, years apart. I had a career in music at 15 before I was struck with chronic illness which left me speaking in a whisper; then in my 20s, recorded my album singing through my whisper regardless. I definitely developed some more D qualities because I had to stand up to doctors trying to kill me as well as people fucking with me all the time because I speak in a whisper. I no longer had easy access to managers and had to manage my own projects in order to bring my visions to fruition. But I am definitely a C sub, still; just with more dominant shades.
    It took me forever to find my type.
    My first self-typing was ESI, which I know now is wrong.
    I was also mistaken for Ne dom in MBTI.
    This makes my confusion with typing so much more clear.

My husband-- my soulmate-- is harmonizing. And my dating history shows a very clear avoidance of normalizing types.

This post is excellent!!!
    Last edited by Volcana; 12-15-2020 at 03:55 PM.
    This forum is a haven for art, archetypes, typology and more! Join the tribe.
    ----> ARCHETRIBE.COM <----

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

@crAck what if my shape is triangle or diamond?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast