TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default SEI says hello

Hi

Typology has been my interest for quite a while now, but I don't really have anybody to talk about it with. It's difficult to introduce Socionics to friends. I have tried but only one has taken the bait so far and actually done the work of learning what it's all about.

So that's why I wanted to join the forum now.

My type is SEI.

I know the types and the relations pretty well. Mostly from working with people in real life, typing online and reading for years. I've known typology for 10 years. However, I'm not that good with the detailed, technical stuff of the inner workings of Socionics.

I think I could contribute to the discussion on the following topics:

- DCNH
    - the SEI type
    - topics in Jungian psychology
    - understanding the PoLR
    - Criticism of duality as "the best" relation
    - How to choose the right career
    - On the nature of type
    - The MBTI/Socionics "controversy"

It would also be really cool to do something with socionics in real life. Setting up dates and so on. Maybe in collaboration with other people. I live in Finland, so maybe getting in touch with other socionists here.

I consider Socionics the only way of learning typology really well. It's not possible using Myers-Briggs, it seduces people into a flawed understanding of types and functions. Another way is reading original works of Jung & jungians but that's very challenging and would take a lifetime. Misunderstandings always happen, but with Socionics and time there is the possibility of seeing the types clearly.

I've spent the last years reading Jungian general psychology. First I didn't understand anything, then I understood something. Now I see how undervalued and misunderstood Jung is. Some people think he is "esoteric" because he studies the psyche as immediate experience, "phenomenological psychology" if you will. That's unpopular in our time when everything should be reduced to neurology to be considered credible. Jung also uses "metaphysical" concepts, because these concepts often describe psychological phenomena better than anything else. Modern people who undervalue the reality of the psyche misunderstand this, and see it as metaphysical garbage, when it actually is phenomenology, as it always has been in the living experiences of real people.

And typology is of course a very limited way of understanding people. But at the same time that's a strength. It's limited, objective and rigid so you can at least get something right. You don't have to deal with the whole person in his complexity. You just say, "Ok, he is XXX type and then at least we know something about him, what to expect, and his compatibility with others. Let's deal with the rest later."

My interests are classical music, playing the guitar, painting, nature, dreams and ice cream

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Welcome @Tallmo. Finally a new SEI on this forum!

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Siiiiiiiiii!!!!! Now I'm interested. Pls share some ice cream ;~~;

Hello and welcome either way, happy to have you discuss these topics

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ihmeiden aika ei ole ohi. Onnittelen hyvin valitusta kongnitiivisesta konfiguraatiosta.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    Ihmeiden aika ei ole ohi. Onnittelen hyvin valitusta kongnitiivisesta konfiguraatiosta.
    He knows how to do it

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanx to all of you for the welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    Kiitos. By the way. Are you referring to Finland when you say "Land of Fe PoLR"? If I had to type Finland I would say Beta ST.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo View Post
    Thanx to all of you for the welcome.

Kiitos. By the way. Are you referring to Finland when you say "Land of Fe PoLR"? If I had to type Finland I would say Beta ST.
    I think it's regional. Lots of variation. They are there nonetheless. I think it's very STish atmosphere overall. You can say that just by looking at party politics. Former civil war and... Maybe the best way to put it is 3D Se + 2D Ni, 4D Si + 1D Ne.
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 05-27-2017 at 03:44 PM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    INFJ / EWPL
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Tallmo,

I have been doing the socionics for some time, together with some friends we have developed a service and one of the technology what we are using it is socionics. You can have a look on this link http://pesterdaivo.com/app/home.php?lng=en . Next week I am going to Helsinki, in case you have a time mabe we could meet up and have chat, what do you think?

Best,
    Yaneks