Thread: Your favorite designer clothing brand(s)?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Your favorite designer clothing brand(s)?

Not necessarily to buy, just to see something beautiful. Ikr, the concept of brands can be problematic depending on your viewpoint (youth/beauty cult, economy, racism,...) but let's appreciate the creativity and glamor.

You got a rival - or companion? - here @suedehead!

Dolce & Gabbana
    Unsurprisingly: very Delta. Family + majestic + Mediterranean + quirky details, that's just awesome to me. They always create lively visuals, their signature style is instantly recognizable like Alexander McQueen's. The multinational advert campaigns are very original and cleverly staged, too, it's quite interesting to break them down.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just yesterday I stumbled upon this suit from Tommy Hilfiger.
    Sporty, casual

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you seen this documentary. "O'mast"

The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Vivienne Westwood

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i like topman clothes

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't really like or buy designer clothes, but I like Tom Ford.

I think the story of his career is inspiring.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same. I don't really like designer clothes, and I don't understand them. I like to wear a regular hoodie with jeans most of the time. But that was probably the case until I found out about clothing subscription boxes and decided to try it. I'm not good at finding and choosing clothes, so I don't see anything wrong with having these clothes chosen and sending me a box every month. It was the first month I received things. I can say that I was delighted. It really brought me a lot of new emotions. Most importantly, they really got into my taste of clothes. I'm already waiting for the next month to get something new.
    Last edited by RussEllis; 03-28-2022 at 06:46 AM.

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Issey Miyake
    Rick Owens
    Kapital
    Needles
    Balenciaga

I'm more into high-end streetwear than big European fashion houses that sell $3,000 sweaters
    Last edited by Averroes; 03-22-2022 at 06:16 PM.

TIM
    SEIZOR
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bound upon me, rush upon me, I will overcome you by enduring your onset: whatever strikes against that which is firm and unconquerable merely injures itself by its own violence. Wherefore, seek some soft and yielding object to pierce with your darts.

-Seneca

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2022 fashion is dressing like a mountain climber, urban cowboy, effete blue collar worker, or a 60 year old man. If Jay Leno were 22, skinny and cropped his pants a bit he would pull that off

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just realized I don't know any brand names. I buy whatever looks cool I guess. My life has involved a disproportionate amount of Hot Topic, H&M, and military surplus though lol
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐