Threaded View

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default How to communicate with an LIE-ENTj

So my new boss is a LIE and I see some potential problems arise that I had with my previous LIE-boss: communication.

Previous boss: We could talk to each other, form complete and accurate sentences but no one would understand the other. We needed an ESI for translation. Sometimes when the LIE asks me a question - when I start talking he is frustrated after a second. It's like I can't say a word without crossing some invisible line.

I worry that the same could happen again this time and screw everything.

My questions are - how do I successfully communicate my thoughts to a LIE.
    What should I never say.
    Same goes for emails.

help me please I'm so lost @Adam Strange, @Anglas, @Zero, @FDG

Edit: Some backstory that might be relevant.

I have a completely different philosophy than LIEs when it comes to productivity and life in general.

At my previous workplace the LIE wanted to teach me the necessary skills. Sadly his teaching methods were destructive to my learning curve. His approach was to tell me everything bit by bit or suddenly give me another project to condition me to a fast changing environment (web-dev.). He disliked (or couldn't) giving me important details, hoped that somehow everything would turn out well, underestimated my learning ability or withheld information because otherwise I would "just worry about it".

I tried to tell him that I absolutely need the details, need to concentrate, prefer to have all the information so I can teach myself and plan the project. That would speed up the whole process but there was no way I could convince him that meticulous planning at the beginning saves time on the long run. But all he wanted were results results results...

To help me he insisted that I read a book that "changed his life" - Getting Things Done http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...ng_Things_Done
    But the book that helped me most is - Mastery http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8...om_search=true
    Last edited by Cosmic Teapot; 05-21-2017 at 02:51 PM.