0 Thread(s)

None of these people are LII.

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

None of them seem LII to me. They are extremely physical characters. LIIs are Se PoLR.

Twin Lanister IDK. I don't know him.
    Last edited by Hope; 05-06-2017 at 03:03 AM.
    "All nations will place their hope in him."
    (Mt 12:21)

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xerx View Post
    None of these people are LII.
    And you are not a magician.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't "physical" more than in the theory, and is more about pushing people and things around to get what you want?

Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time for a real badass LII.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

It's a bit out of left field but if you're into anime I'd type Izuku Midoria from My Hero Academia as an LII. He's an alpha at the very least, and I think he's got a program given his, well... Just watch the show, it's good and I think you'll see my point. Plus it's helping me to see what was good about "American" comics before they went full SJW BS on me. God I hate how my childhood is getting converged more and more by the day ...

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    Isn't "physical" more than in the theory, and is more about pushing people and things around to get what you want?
    That's what fighting is basically.

L (Death Note) is one badass LII in fiction.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Tywin Lannister seems LSI IMO. to the max. You were right about him being dom. However, he is anything, but PoLR. creative makes far more sense.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edward Nygma in Gotham is LII-Ne i think, not badass though but very smart (and insane at some point)

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Subteigh Oh yasss! Also aimed at semi-duality with Kirk which creates a good dynamic.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Could we count Data in?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Marvel's Vision is also a cool LII in my book.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Works in badass place at least.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    That's what fighting is basically.
    Yeah, but there's also non-physical fighting (debates, spats, cyber war, business competition, government elections, etc.). So it seems like physical fighting takes and .

TIM
    INFp / VEFL
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe Aizen in the anime Bleach

and Shikamaru in Naruto

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the imperative that says that LII's can't be powerful physically? Sure, they might be a rarity, when one thinks about a badass LII, something more like this comes to mind:

But I've seen plenty of INxj's that are powerful.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YXPR View Post
    Maybe Aizen in the anime Bleach

and Shikamaru in Naruto
    Aizen is the quintessential EIE, Shikamaru: yep!

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, but there's also non-physical fighting (debates, spats, cyber war, business competition, government elections, etc.).
    True

So it seems like physical fighting takes and .
    That's not exactly how I would describe it. Physicality in itself in these contexts is something like "another level of Se" or sensing that is added on to the basic level of Se involved in fighting. That's why LIIs are often decent at mental sparring or argumentation like the example of L.

Si has to do with maintaining space / resources while Se has to do with increasing / expanding them, which is how it would generally come into play in fighting - you have to be careful not to overextend yourself. I guess you could say physical combat has a somewhat greater level of this, but only if you're talking about literal hand to hand combat, and it's still dwarfed by the Se.

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Could we count Data in?

Ah! I knew I was forgetting one...

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think shikamaru is ILI-Te. Sai could be LII.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Attachment 10414
    Neo, The Matrix, 1999

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is irrational. It's only when you combine it with another function that you get power etc. For example LSI has very narrowed that works as a slave under to push for the principles decided.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

L strikes me as being a pretty clear irrational type tbh. Near may be LII but I think L is more likely ILE (even ILI seems more likely than LII).

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inaho from Aldnoah Zero, I'm hesitating between LII and LSI, but I'm leaning to LII.
    and he's badass, unemotional, a good planner and seems quite detached to me.
    Inaho_4.png

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I tend to confuse the name L with Light Yagami (I saw the anime long time ago). But L seems ILI, Light Yagami LII imo.

Also all the anime its really NT (I didn't really enjoyed it, personally. Too long, too intricate, repetitive, unoriginal and psychological plain characters, no really good character design, average animation. Zero Si stimulating: no good music, no cool animation, no cool story).
    Last edited by Hope; 06-19-2017 at 01:18 AM.
    "All nations will place their hope in him."
    (Mt 12:21)

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I definitely think Light is an Ethical type since he repeatedly displays what I'd describe as strong Fi and Fe, probably ESI since he has that IJ rigidity going on. I could vaguely see EIE instead though. I'd actually guess psychotic EII before LII, but absent any evidence to the contrary and some supporting it, Se-valuation makes more sense to me. Ni-HA and Ni-creative could both work for him.

L seems really straightforwardly Ti-ego, Ne-ego, Si-valuing, and prone to a little Fe-esque showboating. He's both nerdy-Batman and possibly autistic, so he's not a typical real-world example of any type on account of being basically a superhero and near-mental disorder. This abnormality translates into him being a cartoonish Alpha NT stereotype, IMO. LII-Ne or ILE-Ti.

Lelouch probably is a type with weak Se. LII is probably the best typing, of the classical Robespierre "revolutionary ideologue philosopher-general" type favored in early descriptions of the type but usually ignored in Western assessments in favor of "dorky scientist." But bear in mind, Lelouch doesn't have a "powerful physicality" at all. He's repeatedly shown to be a super-weak fighter, his skills are as a tactician directing things in the background. If he did have said "powerful physicality," I'd more likely type him LSI since it is actually pretty contradictory to LII.

Agreed on Aizen as EIE. Totally agreed on Spock and Data as LII, and both are Ti-subtype IMO. Different Enneatypes though, I think Spock is a 1 and Data is a 5.
    Last edited by Nanooka; 06-19-2017 at 12:12 AM.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nanooka View Post
    LII is probably the best typing, of the classical Robespierre "revolutionary ideologue philosopher-general" type favored in early descriptions of the type but usually ignored in Western assessments in favor of "dorky scientist."
    This tends to happen in Western socionics in general since it isn't the former USSR and it isn't really a thing where everyone knows what the stereotypes are supposed to be.

TIM
    LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This tends to happen in Western socionics in general since it isn't the former USSR and it isn't really a thing where everyone knows what the stereotypes are supposed to be.
    I also think it's because I don't see LIIs as being very decisive - or at least I'm not - and I see Lelouch being very decisive throughout that series. I associate with the "ideologue philosopher" part but not the "revolutionary general".

I imagine very smart or less smart LIIs would be decisive (like the Dunning-Kruger effect), but that's probably true of most types.

But yeah, the cool LIIs have an internally consistent unstereotypical worldview.
    Warm Regards,

Clowns & Entropy

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You could say that LIIs like Grigori Perelman are extremely decisive.
    I'm not going to accept that prize! Is that clear?

When you think about it. My indecisiveness is like decisiveness. Yesterday people asked me what I want to eat in restaurant. Since options were plenty to choose from I chose nothing and I kept my decision. Resistance of power sensing by using power my own power sensing.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    305 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why ask for badass LIIs?? Are they supposed to be badasses?

I've never met any badass LIIs (and I have met many LIIs). Sometimes they can be manipulative and play chess with social situations. But not really badass.

Some of them are extremely successfull and smart, though.

Finnish intellectual, journalist, writer, and film maker Jörn Donner is LII (C subtype). He was pretty badass once, but now he is old. People who knew him intimately said he was incredibly soft and sensitive.

Here interview in Swedish:

The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Badass LII is an oxymoron and can only occur in fiction. LII can be ruthless and lethal but not badass.

a.k.a. I/O

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    But, he seems so Fe polr.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Almost every important character in Death note is an Ni Ego.

Shikamaru is a good LII. Fwiw, Sai strikes me as Fi hidden agenda to the max, and quite adept at manipulating his impression while also not connecting with them whatsoever. SLI, imo.

Abed? Int* for sure.

The guy with the umbrella in bleach.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

A Place within a Place in the Universe Where they will never suspect. *Cackles like a witch.*
    TIM
    EII H-Ne
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe that Blue Zircon from Steven Universe is LII-Ti, very intelligent, logical, kind of rigid at some points. We can see her logic and how she comes to her conclusions, how she gets frustrated when the situation doesn't quite add up. I wouldn't call her "badass" but just an interesting character. Poor thing though, she must be protected. ;-; It was her logic and the conclusion she ends up coming to that ends up getting Yellow Diamond POed. She doesn't hesitate to call out authority with her conclusion.

Fox Mulder from the X Files would qualify as badass, with his intelligence, attitude, and just general awesomeness. Even if he is out there with his ideas. xD LII-Ne imo.

Grunckle Ford from Gravity Falls would qualify too. LII-Ne, 5w6.
    xII se PoLR, 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so

Phlegmatic-Melancholic |RCoAI| Fascinator| Newtype-secondary| LEFVl|

#JusticeforJeb_, Water Sheep did nothing wrong, High Inquisitor Of Council of Water Sheep and Water Sheep's protector

Make things right? Who are we to decide when things are right and when they need to be fixed?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tywin is no LII. He likes Se activities like skinning and gutting stags, fishing, etc. I am leaning towards a sensory type for Tywin, probably Se valued, but I would not rule out LSE or SLI just yet. He actually lacks a lot of foresight and most of his brilliant decisions and power plays seem based on his years of experience and ability to read those around him very well rather than from intuition. If I had to choose an intuitive type for him, it would be Gamma NT.

I'm not sure about Ellen Ripley but if you want good examples of LIIs in the Alien universe, start with Ash, Bishop and David.

Aragorn? Nope.

The Terminator? Why?

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Robin Hood

Sherlock Holmes

B. A. Baracus

Darth Vader

Hannibal Lector

Donald Trump

MBTI © 1993

...I find sometimes, it is helpful to say what something is not, not what something is, don't you find?

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Data is not bad ass although we do not have data that indicates him having particularly good muscular distribution in his buttocks area
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Subteigh View Post
    Robin Hood

Sherlock Holmes

B. A. Baracus

Darth Vader

Hannibal Lector

Donald Trump

MBTI © 1993
    Sherlock Holmes and Hannibal Lector are at least lesser off than the other ones.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dr. Manhattan

I think Alan Moore studied Jung and used the psychological types for his characters.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast