Thread: Badass LIIs/INTjs in fiction

Restricted user
    TIM
    SLI-Si 6w5 613 sp/so
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Horatio Hornblower (TV series, 50s movie more LSI tbh), if anyone here is cool enough to have heard of his tales that is.

TIM
    ILe-nE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The character of Sherlock Holmes is the most well known example, and is based on my own personality and character. Beyond that, Mr. Darcy from the novel Pride and Prejudice, and Mr. Spock from Star Trek also possess the qualities of an LII, albeit in a slightly different form. These characters are all great representations of the LII archetype.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can only think of L from Death Note? If you can even call him badass.

Quote Originally Posted by G AI View Post
    The character of Sherlock Holmes is the most well known example, and is based on my own personality and character. Beyond that, Mr. Darcy from the novel Pride and Prejudice, and Mr. Spock from Star Trek also possess the qualities of an LII, albeit in a slightly different form. These characters are all great representations of the LII archetype.
    Mr. Darcy might be LII, but he's not really badass. Spock seems ST type, at least Leonard Nimoy's Spock anyway.
    Sherlock Holmes from Sherlock might be. I haven't watched it, but from the episode somebody wanted me to watch, it did seem like a lot of Ti & Ne.

And mayyyyybe....Napoleon from Napoleon Dynamite?
    Batman is dead.

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The God-Emperor of Man from Warhammer 40,000.
    [Today 03:36 AM] anotherperson: this forum feels like the edge of the internet

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squishycans View Post
    Sherlock Holmes from Sherlock might be. I haven't watched it, but from the episode somebody wanted me to watch, it did seem like a lot of Ti & Ne.

And mayyyyybe....Napoleon from Napoleon Dynamite?
    Oh no lol. Sherlock is Delta ST. Tried watching it today to find Alpha NT archetypes. And my memory of Napoleon from Napoleon Dynamite was completely off. He seems like a serious Te/Fi type, maybe Fe polr.
    Batman is dead.

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by squishycans View Post
    Oh no lol. Sherlock is Delta ST. Tried watching it today to find Alpha NT archetypes. And my memory of Napoleon from Napoleon Dynamite was completely off. He seems like a serious Te/Fi type, maybe Fe polr.
    What does the "/" mean in "Te/Fi" in this context?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@HolyKnowing Oh, right.
    Just mean that he seems to belong to the set of Reinin "Serious" types {Gamma, Delta}.
    But I'm also trying to emphasis that I see the functions as pairs and don't know how to write that. If I say Fi/Te functional pair, that starts to get wordy, and people might assume I mean he's Fi ego. But maybe that's what Reinin is for. I kind of want to analyze Reinin at some point, since nobody seems to have. Jack Oliver has this video where he seems to have renamed the Reinin Dichotomies and explained them, but I had a hard understanding because I'm not familiar with it and couldn't relate it to Reinin as it is (but I was also cooking). Maybe someone else will get something out of it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbJ4_MH2DME&t=789s
    Batman is dead.

TIM
    ILE-H
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another such LII is Sephiroth from FF7. He's actually the same archetype as Mr. Spock, and is the only such character present in the Millennial generation besides Spock himself and Tails from Sonic the Hedgehog. He doesn't grant indulgences which is why Aerith gets no phoenix down. He's depicted as a villain for the same reason I.M. Meen from Phillips CD-I and Gargamel from The Smurfs are.
    Last edited by SacredKnowing; Yesterday at 01:10 AM. Reason: give -> grant

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12