Thread: Could you pin point my type?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Could you pin point my type?

I have one on my mind but now I'm not entirely sure since I get conflicting answer in tests

Tell me about yourself.
    I’m 17 years old, you’ll get to know me soon enough.

What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?
    I’m interested in a lot of topics but the most recent one is, unsurprisingly, psychology. Other things I enjoyed to read in the past are Linguistics and Math. I liked paleontology in my early childhood. I plan to be a linguist and/or psychologist some day.

-One reason I might have liked linguistics is that I have been exposed to other countries at an early age.
    -I got into psychology because I wanted to know more about myself and other people. I’ve started with body language, then MBTI, and now socionics
    -For math, I think it’s because of youtube.

What are your values, and why?
    -Let and Let Live, whatever you do isn’t wrong for me unless it hurts people
    -Do not use people for your own ends

I do not believe in an absolute good. In fact I got in a debate with my friend since I don’t believe anything is inherently wrong.
    If one culture favours x rather than y. If you go to a place with another culture, x does not magically become better than y even if the majority of the culture believes it.

What else do you do on a daily basis? What are your interests and hobbies? Why do you do them?
    My hobbies are calligraphy, dancing and learning:

-I’ve gotten into calligraphy since I was exposed to arabic writing pretty much everywhere when I was a kid so I tried to study their calligraphy. And then I moved to European and Kapampangan calligraphy styles.(For Kapampangan, I attend local workshops since it’s not on the world stage yet)

-I dance to Boogaloo Popping which I explain to be a form of popping more similar to the old school style of popping back in the 70s. More similar than Animation Popping which some people call Dubstep Dancing.

Boogaloo Popping => https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etaOzZlbj9s

I’ve started dancing with animation popping because it’s so easy to be introduced to. As time went on, I got deeper into the dance and saw the other side of the culture which is also less popular, boogaloo popping. I’ve tried to get into other dance styles such as Jooking and Bruk Up but I run into a problem after I practice them. These other styles gets mixed in with my popping when I freestyle. Because of this reason I declined practicing these new styles.

-Learning is a hobby for me since I was born.

Describe your relations with family and friends. What do you like and dislike about them?
    I’d say I pretty close especially with my paternal cousins(I have no siblings). Even though I’m close with them, I don’t usually text them when I’m abroad.

I only have one very close friend. I don’t actively seek friends, as I believe people should be perceived as worth being my friend before I befriend them.

I don’t really dislike anything about anybody except for the fact that my younger cousins can be naughty or immature at times. No big deal.

What do you look for in friends? In romantic relationships?
    -A potentially stable relationship, that’s why I examine people first before taking initiative.
    -Someone interesting
    -Someone different but not too much

What conflicts have you encountered recently with other people? Why did they happen? Which kinds seem to happen on a regular basis?
    Besides conflict with my mom when she insists to go in my room when I want to be left in private, I don’t have “regular” conflict.
    The biggest recent conflict happened when I got angry with a toddler, who was being too immature, in my eyes.

How would your friends describe you?
    -Hard to understand
    -very very introvert
    -and very formal in speaking unless I’m very acquainted with a person

What do people generally see as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    People don’t usually see my strengths because only a handful of people really know me.

-I lay back and relax most of the time to the point that if a big problem comes my way I’d only be emotionally affected for 1-3 days.
    -I love to learn and I love that aspect of me the most.

What are your weaknesses? What criticism do you often face from others? What do you dislike about yourself?
    -Although sometimes I’m so laid back that I don’t do some things such as assignments and keeping in touch with people I care about.

I am not aware of anyone criticising me for attributes I have, in fact a lot of people like me or are neutral.

In what areas of life can you manage well on your own? In what areas of your life would you like help?
    I manage well in being emotionally stable although expressing emotion is one thing I’d like to improve on.

What things do you find to be a chore? What things do you enjoy more than others?
    I find traditional chores such as cleaning as nothing besides a chore, but learning, reading, and doing hobbies are not

What goals, aspirations, or plans do you have for the future? How did you come to have them?
    I plan to be a linguist and/or psychologist because of my interest in them

If you had enough money to live comfortably for the rest of your life without working, what would you do with your time?
    -Learn
    -read
    -develop/expand my talents
    -develop my philosophy and worldview

What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?
    I value dead accurate, blunt, bull’s eye honesty since I accept all comments as criticisms for self-improvement. I am especially in debt when it is not sugar coated because I always unconsciously peel of the sugar.

I’m not annoyed by any positively seen trait, although one trait is one I don't usually express. They are such as saying traits as saying sorry or other things. I’d rather do the improvement I must have. An improvement that will cancel the need of saying sorry next time since the situation will not happen again. If I ever say sorry, it’s insincere, 9 times out of 10.

Also, “How are you?” I never liked to say it. If something is bothering them they’d tell it right away or if they’re quite, I’d contemplate the reasons of asking or not(which is better for them). Then I act.

What kinds of things do you do to manage and/or beautify your environment (your room, your house, etc.)? What do you think of daily chores?
    If I could, I would sell almost everything in the house I live in, mostly furniture. For me beauty is simplicity for houses.
    Daily chores are boring.

How do you behave around strangers?
    Ultra formal mode or not even interacting with them.

How do you react to conflict? What do you do if somebody insults or attacks you?
    If I ever got in an argument with someone I usually calmly recite what I see as flaws in their points and see what they have to say. Then I continue until they’ve proven me wrong or I’ve made them realise they’re wrong.

What is one common misconception that people have? Explain why it is wrong.
    The notion that humanity is bad or humanity is good. People are BOTH! It depends on the individual. If you cannot generalise a whole race (Africans,Indians,Arabs) based on a stereotype, how the hell can you judge humanity. (I’m pretty sure this is a common view though)

What did you do last Friday?
    Most likely reading, calligraphy or dancing. Maybe a mixture of all three!

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hm.... intuitive statements.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hm yeah... is more pronounced here, EII ain't a bad shot

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't see any intuitive statements - but a sober mind that looks for education and knowledge.
    ISTj >ISTp
    ^What do you think about that?

ISTj http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=LSI
    (Personally, I prefer Gulenko's descriptions)

EII seems to be the first choice in many typing threads here. So please read up for yourself and look especially for the things that don't fit you.
    Last edited by Cosmic Teapot; 04-30-2017 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Typo in *that

TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I like to read people descriptions about themselves but I hate typing them using this method, because there are a lot of traits that can be misinterpreted in so many ways by our own preconceptions, feelings and thoughts. I always suggest people stop asking others to type them and doing a good test instead, if they really want to have a realistic or accurate response, especially on cognitive functions.

http://aimtoknow.com/test_beta

This one is really good, share or tell us about your results
    Last edited by Hope; 04-29-2017 at 03:57 PM.
    "All nations will place their hope in him."
    (Mt 12:21)

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about INTj?
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd guess base since you seem to indicate you want help expressing emotions. I'd lean towards LII over LSI
    Last edited by AbZero; 04-29-2017 at 10:03 PM.

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)