Thread: Rihanna's Enneagram Type/Tritype

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Question Rihanna's Enneagram Type/Tritype

Stacking consensus is SX/SP and not much doubt is around that, but what are Riri's core type and fixes? I've seen people debate 9w8, 4w3 or 3w4, or 7 equally.

Input: Reading up what drives her, there seems to be some 3ish, 6ish, 4ish, 8ish flavor to it. In one New York Times interview she said:

I used to feel unsafe right in the moment of an accomplishment — I felt the ground fall from under my feet because this could be the end. And even now, while everyone is celebrating, I'm on to the next thing. I don't want to get lost in this big cushion of success.'
    You know, when I started to experience the difference — or even have my race be highlighted — it was mostly when I would do business deals. And, you know, that never ends, by the way. It's still a thing. And it's the thing that makes me want to prove people wrong. It almost excites me; I know what they're expecting and I can't wait to show them that I'm here to exceed those expectations.
    For NYFW she revealed what motivates her to do design and fashion.

I think design is a part of being creative. I enjoy creating and expressing the crazy things going on in my mind through something that people can see and that is tangible. That is the best part, being able to express yourself.
    Fashion to me was just one of those things that came naturally. I enjoy discovering it -- all the different styles, finishes, fabrics, silhouettes. It's not easy, but it doesn't feel like work. It's one of the things that doesn't feel like work.
    Clear-cut, that is:

3 - accomplishment, work
    8 - challenging, proving people wrong. Maybe with some 7 element with the excitation and "on to the next thing", and doing something effortlessly.
    6 - feeling unsafe
    4 - distinguishment, creation, expression.

So what do you think? Looking forward to discussing

@Cassandra @Singularity @passenger

TIM
    IEI-Fe-DCh so/sx
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think her core type is 4w3. i don't know about the rest.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE possibly

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

4w3 sp/so. I've posted her with other 4w3s in my collection of enneatypes to compare and visually she fit in like a glove.

taking a look a her quotes:

RH: When I am putting looks together, I dare myself to make something work. I always look for the most interesting silhouette or something that's a little off, but I have to figure it out. I have to make it me. I think that's the thrill in fashion. [4 search for uniqueness?]

RH: There's a long way to fall when you pretend that you're so far away from the earth, far away from reality, floating in a bubble that's protected by fame or success. It's scary, and it's the thing I fear the most: to be swallowed up by that bubble. It can be poison to you, fame. [<- that doesn't sound much like a 3, not anything like Kanye]

RH: If you're performing music that is not who you are or where you're at, it is painful. It's painful for the performer and for the audience. [e4 search for authenticity]

RH: My mother would kill me if I posed nude! My mother raised me with certain standards. [sp/so 'model citizen' vibe, considering that sx/sp discussion is overflowing with nudes xD]

RH: Over the holidays, and even during filming, I realized that I actually like my body, even if it's not perfect according to the book. I just feel sexy. For the first time, I don't want to get rid of the curves. I just want to tone it up. My body is comfortable, and it's not unhealthy, so I'm going to rock with it. [sounds like sp-centered neuroticism]

RH: I'm crazy and I don't pretend to be anything else. [like all 4s!]

RH: I love reading people. I really enjoy watching, observing, and being able to figure out a person, the reason they wore that dress, the reason they smell the way they do. [she lost me at "why they wore that dress", that's not where the attention of sx-first goes to primarily]

RH: If I cry, it's because I'm very angry and I can't do anything about it because I've run into a dead end. That's when the tears would come down. [sound like connection to e1 + ESI ne polr]

RH: I drink a lot of coconut water. It balances out all the other toxic stuff I put into my body. [more sp-focused stuff]

When I was fourteen and first started going out, I always wanted to be the opposite of everyone else. So I would go to the club in a polo T-shirt and pants and sneakers and a hat on backward, just so I would not be dressed like other girls. [e1-e4 line]

I don't like cream puff, corny guys. Usually, they are the nice guys, the ones that won't hurt you. They'll pull out the chair for you and the whole nine yards. Everything is perfect and boring. [frustration triad, emotional masochism]

I hate going to the gym and doing it the old-fashioned way. I hate anything that's too straightforward, too routine, too familiar. I get bored really, really quickly. [more frustration and subliminal levels of anger]

there's more, but I'm running out of time now ...
    Last edited by silke; 04-21-2017 at 02:26 PM.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

I guess I am the only one who doesn't see her being core 4 at all...

If she actually has any 4 in her (which I won't confirm yet), then I could see that only in the form of a wing, as in 3w4.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

9w8 imo

Edit: 7w6 in tritype and either 4w3 or 3w4.

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

9w8 or 7w6 (I'm leaning towards the former)

Can't see heart center for core.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

7w6 with an 8 fix. idk about her heart-fix except probably not 3?
    Look at her songs. Alot of them are angry, and there are thousands of videos where she argues someone or gets angry.

If she was sx/sp and tritype 279 or 479 she would be so much softer as those are really soft tritypes. Björk and Kate Bush are 479 and sx/sp.

Last edited by maniac; 04-23-2017 at 06:59 AM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Her 'lazy' way of performing is pretty striking. She doesn't put much effort* into it other than appearing dressed stylishly. So: 3 and 1 fixes, I don't know. Her expenditure comes out during very emotional ballads, that speaks for 4. Also, those antics - I've never seen something like this before. Damn, Riri.

Compared to a 3's performance, it's all about being different and oneself. Rihanna tries hard to be weird. Beyoncé, for instance, tries hard to be polished and perfect, and entertaining as she announces right at the beginning. I don't see Rihanna wanting to be polished catering to a sleek image, at least not primarily, so 3 would the wing. She just likes to be herself without much censoring. A 3 slips into the role of someone else.

*in a conventional sense. Her motivation seems to be oriented at giving her best to stand out in whatever way needed.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think 9w8. She has a gut feel and a problem with anger - being too accommodating in the past, and, recently, exploding on others with the 8 wing.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by handjob View Post
    I think 9w8. She has a gut feel and a problem with anger - being too accommodating in the past, and, recently, exploding on others with the 8 wing.
    Meaning, she went from good girl to bad gal literally, peaceful 9 ~> rebellious 8?

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Meaning, she went from good girl to bad gal literally, peaceful 9 ~> rebellious 8?
    Kind of, yeah. She was never weak (because probable double 8 wing with 9w8 and 7w8, and being Se creative/ESI) but she's gotten noticeably rougher over the years. Her music career reflects that to, going from songs like Take A Bow and Unfaithful and Umbrella to songs like Bitch Better Have My Money and FourFiveSeconds.

9w8 can be easy to confuse for 7, too, re: 7 typings, and 9 is also confused for 4 esp. if sx first. And 3 has a connection to 9, so that explains away all the other typings.

9w8s can also be quite aggressive when their 8 wings are strong. 9w8 and 8w9 can be difficult to distinguish between, for example.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After watching a couple of her interviews, she's not a 9. I integrate towards 9s. They make me feel more calm and tune out my anxieties, for a while, until I notice how many problems they ignore. Watching Ri's videos had no effect like that, it actually made me slightly annoyed. Could she be a 3 or 3 wing?

She's got songs with titles like "Work"--which is such a 3 thing to sing about.

Work, work, work, work, work, work
    You see me I be work, work, work, work, work, work
    You see me do me dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt
    There's something 'bout that work, work, work, work, work, work
    When you a gon' learn, learn, learn, learn, learn, learn
    Me na care if me tired, tired, tired, tired, tired, tired

Just get ready for work, work, work, work, work, work
    You see me I be work, work, work, work, work, work
    You see me do me dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt, dirt
    There's something 'bout that work, work, work, work, work, work
    Duh, duh, duh, nana nana nana
    When you a gon' nah nah nah nah nah nah