LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default + and - interpretation of functions

(experimental)

Source material:
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/entry.php/425-How-I-see-the-information-Elements-(part-2)
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ion-of-Model-B
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ctional-Revise
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...ionics-Tweaks-
    ----------------------

Feeling (energy)

-Fi (base of ESI): attitude towards someone, like/dislike, love/hate in individual form, weighting the positives and negatives, sadness, trust, relation, bond, reciprocity, fairness/unfairness, respect, dignity, reputation, sympathy, kindness, mercy.

+Fi (base of EII): motivation, love in universal form, right/wrong, ethical judgment, punishment (as in, of a wrongdoing), internal emotion, pride, psychology, values, empathy, good, happiness.

-Fe (base of ESE): acceptance, being mean to someone in order to better their situation, championing for your values in the external world, minimizing negative emotion, gossip, bluntness, shame, anger, objetivity, social ettiquette, protocol, persuasion.

+Fe (base of EIE): emotional atmosphere, external emotion, maximizing emotion, interpretation, reputation, being kind to someone no matter their circumstances, manipulation, distortion, diplomacy, influence, social shame, mentoring, acceptance of someone without judging them.

Thinking (matter)

-Ti (base of LII): identity, equation, math, theory, definition, concept, trial, selection, program, system, analysis, diagnosis, duty, code, structure, digital.

+Ti (base of LSI): distance, internal thought, internal consistency, deduction, physics, intructions, principles, rules, order, hierarchy, argument, reasoning, ruthlessness.

-Te (base of LIE): common sense logic, logical judgment, property, possesion, trade, cause-effect logic, leading logic, logic of risk, external consistency, plan, use, economizing, priority, efficiency, workings.

+Te (base of LSE): arrangement, management, order, task, coordination, rationale, operation (as in, of machinery), evidence, facts.

Intuition (time)

-Ni (base of IEI) : idiosyncracy, rebellion, deviance, twist, warp, morph, opportunity, choice, originality, instant thought, “knowing”, synthesis, instrospection, avoidance of danger.

+Ni (base of ILI) :, development of something through time, analogic thought, foresight, abstract observation, intangible connections, pattern recognition, strategy, big picture, seeing through, imagination, meaning, dreams, evolve, convergence, detachment, seeing through, forecast, fate, karma, time, Akashic record, soul, God’s plan, chemistry, purity of spirit.

-Ne (base of IEE): potential, capability, improvisation, exploration, idealism, imagination, story, tale, randomness, reading people, individuality, magic.

+Ne (base of ILE): possibility, technology, research, search, figuring something out, vulnerability assesment, divergence, instant realization, correlation, learning, invention, intrincacies.

Sensing (space)

-Si (base of SLI): abstract sensing, biology, assistance, help, regeneration, rest, peace, instinct, basic bodily functions, bodily necessities, homeostasis, death, purity of body, natural, design, hygiene, accumulated experience via age and observation, being fit naturally, resourcefulness, skill, craft, history.

+Si (base of SEI): concrete sensing, concrete observation, tangible connections, detail, kinesthesia, hedonism, family, heritage, legacy, fitness, art, tradition, pleasure, comfort, lust, perfectionism, aesthetics, grooming, pampering, attachment, comfort/discomfort, spatial vision, physical pain, accumulated experience via living, life, joy, ego, harmony, clean (as in appareance), being fit via activity, genetics, loving your body and the sensations it produces, the here and now.

-Se (base of SLE): productivity, activity, ambition, drive, competition, initiative, control, attack, tease, torture, stab, kill, grab, break, squeeze, push, explode, maul, take advantage, coerce, assertiveness.

+Se (base of SEE): power, aura, destruction, obliteration, defense, resist, seize, withstand, overcome, push back, repel, expel, pounce, pressure, implode, tactic, retaliation, territory, standing your ground, terrain, world.
    Last edited by mclane; 08-06-2022 at 06:59 AM. Reason: add

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

+Se (base of SEE): power, destruction, obliteration, defense, push, implode, tactic, retaliation, standing your ground, terrain.
    This just reinforces my belief that Trump is SEE.

I have been playing around with the + - concepts for awhile but it never seems to go anywhere. I feel like "synthesis" should be listed for - Ni.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    This just reinforces my belief that Trump is SEE.

I have been playing around with the + - concepts for awhile but it never seems to go anywhere. I feel like "synthesis" should be listed for - Ni.
    This does not work only for the function as base. It could be, for example, his demonstrative.

Added synthesis.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Yes

+Fi (base of EII): motivation, love in universal form, right/wrong, punishment (as in, of a wrongdoing), internal emotion, psychology, values, empathy, good, happiness.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

-Ni is the most accurate for me. None of the Si ones are right.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    -Ni is the most accurate for me. None of the Si ones are right.
    If you have alternative descriptions, please do provide them.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here are SSS descriptions of + and - functions (N.B. they don't use static, dynamic etc):

http://en.socionicasys.org/teorija/d...cii-so-znakami

These are also SSS descriptions of + and - functions (I think they are fairly accurate):

Sensing of forms (Si-): harmony, aesthetics, beauty
    Sensing of perceptions (Si+): cosiness, comfort, pleasant sensations
    Material space (Se-): strength, power, control
    Psychological (virtual) space (Se+): profit, benefit, gain
    Intuition of Time (Ni-): destiny, prevision, fatefulness
    Dynamics of actions (Ni+): topicality, timeliness, tendencies
    Ethical intuition (Ne-): potential, personality traits, understanding, insight
    Object intuition (Ne+): alternatives, possibilities, interpretation, guess, obviousness
    Logic of learning or Logic of exploration (Ti-): system, regularity
    Logic of management or Logic of control (Ti+): right, rule
    Logic of processes (Te-): processes, technologies
    Logic of objects (Te+): things, objects
    Territorial ethics (Fi-): influence, rapprochement, repulsion
    Ethics of understanding (Fi+): sympathy, affection, benevolent relation
    Emotions of sensations (Fe-): emotional force, energy boiling, emotions passed over through tactile, taste or other sensor vocabulary (sour expression, sugary voice, he makes me sick...)
    Emotions of events (Fe+): play of feelings, absence of sensory component in vocabulary

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Only Si- makes sense to me, by a whole lot.

For the SSS descriptions, Ne+ is what i value most in myself. I just wish there were a single definition for each +\- functions without any inconsistencies... I really don't feel comfortable using them to type myself for this reason.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

---I like and want both of these!

---Probably more Se+ than Se- although I can see some value in the Se- if it's more for yourself rather than it being using against people..

----More Ni+ probably. I'm not a fatalist and I'm not I believe in 'destiny'

Object intuition (Ne+): alternatives, possibilities, interpretation, guess, obviousness

----Maybe slightly more Ne- but I really like both!

----Definitely more Ti- here.

----Probably more Te- but not sure

----Fi+ !!

Emotions of sensations (Fe-): emotional force, energy boiling, emotions passed over through tactile, taste or other sensor vocabulary (sour expression, sugary voice, he makes me sick...)
    Emotions of events (Fe+): play of feelings, absence of sensory component in vocabulary

---- Fe+ !! Fe- makes me uneasy
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chryssie View Post
    Only Si- makes sense to me, by a whole lot.

For the SSS descriptions, Ne+ is what i value most in myself. I just wish there were a single definition for each +\- functions without any inconsistencies... I really don't feel comfortable using them to type myself for this reason.
    Well, we have Yermak's definitions of plus and minus. I think those are accurate. But we don't have perfect descriptions of plus and minus functions. This is because we don't agree on the definitions/descriptions of the functions or information aspects. Jung, mainstream Socionics, SSS, Berens/Nardi, and I use my own definitions of the functions... There are many different views.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's what I think about the various semantics that have been put out there.

Model G signs seem accurate in some areas but not others.
    SSS is generally way too vague to make a judgment.

But there are parts of your definitions that seem just not right. Duty should be for the LSI, potential and possibility should probably be the other way around as they are in Model G.
    Se: not sure why "destruction" is more SEE but otherwise most of the terms could go either way. Same with Fi, nothing stands out as being more for one than the other. Perhaps you could explain the reasoning behind it?
    "being mean to someone in order to better their situation, championing for your values in the external world" is not really ESE. Arguably the second one is more EIE actually, since Beta is the "activist" quadra.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Duty should be for the LSI,
    Duty I'm not sure if it's +Ti or -Ti. I decided for -Ti because it's ESI's role, and they tend to be quite dutiful, but as per model B that could also be becasue of their +Ti in their DS.

potential and possibility should probably be the other way around as they are in Model G
    Never seen these descriptions. Could you please provide a link?

Se: not sure why "destruction" is more SEE but otherwise most of the terms could go either way.
    Both -Se and and +Se have to do with destruction, but +Se has more to do with the destruction of structures (-Ti PoLR of SEE). Utterly destroying something is +Se, -Se has the quality of damaging something, but not destroying it.

Same with Fi, nothing stands out as being more for one than the other. Perhaps you could explain the reasoning behind it?
    Not sure how a difference cannot be perceived. +Fi and -Fi are quite different, both in reality and in the descriptions I've provided.

"being mean to someone in order to better their situation, championing for your values in the external world" is not really ESE. Arguably the second one is more EIE actually, since Beta is the "activist" quadra.
    EIE's are all about people. Accepting people, riling up people. Not so much about values, that is the realm of +Fi/-Fe. EIE's champion by creating bonds thorugh their charisma, and tampering with people's emotions.

Thanks for the feedback.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mclane View Post
    Duty I'm not sure if it's +Ti or -Ti. I decided for -Ti because it's ESI's role, and they tend to be quite dutiful, but as per model B that could also be becasue of their +Ti in their DS.

Never seen these descriptions. Could you please provide a link?
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=svm1qKGtxj0

EIE's are all about people. Accepting people, riling up people. Not so much about values, that is the realm of +Fi/-Fe. EIE's champion by creating bonds thorugh their charisma, and tampering with people's emotions.
    I would agree that they are about people, but often their concern with people is as a vehicle for conveying and disseminating their values. ESEs, on the other hand, don't do that.

Both -Se and and +Se have to do with destruction, but +Se has more to do with the destruction of structures (-Ti PoLR of SEE). Utterly destroying something is +Se, -Se has the quality of damaging something, but not destroying it.
    ok but I meant more an explanation in terms of how the types behave. Like are SEEs more likely to destroy stuff?

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's see if I can spare an hour to watch this. Is there a summary somewhere?

I would agree that they are about people, but often their concern with people is as a vehicle for conveying and disseminating their values. ESEs, on the other hand, don't do that.
    A very opinionated ESE is not a rare sight. That's what I mean.

ok but I meant more an explanation in terms of how the types behave. Like are SEEs more likely to destroy stuff?
    SEE's are more likely to destroy something they don't like or doesn't match up to their expectations. Especially some structure that seems unfair to them. SLE's on the other hand are more likely to cause harm but not completely destroy something. Another good way to understand these interpretations is to look at the types that have it as their Activation function.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A good example of +Se (although fictional) would be this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0WaiRulyoY

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are some graphics floating around. Try the Model G Facebook group.

SEE's are more likely to destroy something they don't like or doesn't match up to their expectations. Especially some structure that seems unfair to them. SLE's on the other hand are more likely to cause harm but not completely destroy something. Another good way to understand these interpretations is to look at the types that have it as their Activation function.
    I don't agree with that at all. "doesn't match up to their expectations" and "unfair" sound like Ti judgments. The way I see it is that SEEs are more likely to just ignore whatever structure gets in their way or seems inexpedient for whatever they are trying to do. SLEs are more likely to be conscious of the structure and/or consciously use it to their advantage, or conversely, to purposely destroy it.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are some graphics floating around. Try the Model G Facebook group.
    I don't agree with that at all. "doesn't match up to their expectations" and "unfair" sound like Ti judgments. The way I see it is that SEEs are more likely to just ignore whatever structure gets in their way or seems inexpedient for whatever they are trying to do. SLEs are more likely to be conscious of the structure and/or consciously use it to their advantage, or conversely, to purposely destroy it.
    They sound like +Ni and -Fi (respectively) to me. An example of a (possible) SEE seeing some structure they don't like and attempting to destroy it would be William Wallace in Braveheart. It's true that an SLE would maneuver better inside the structure, the SEE would not get involved with it or try to change it, instead opting to ignore it, or destroy it.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

A very opinionated ESE is not a rare sight. That's what I mean.

I may agree with that SEE description
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SSS is generally way too vague to make a judgment.
    I agree with you that those descriptions are a bit vague, but SSS has actually defined their information elements. The problem is that I don't think they work. Te (P) is especially problematic.

http://en.socionicasys.org/teorija/d...ichkov/aspekty

TIM
    Dyslexic 17
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm inclined to agree that EIEs are more ideological but the bias in seeing Alphas as benevolent needs to be thrown out of the window. ESE have greater F than EIE which makes them pushy and more involved than is normally thought off. EIE are introverts, ideals people.

Individualist do possess "activism" but it comes off in individualist flavours, they don't do it for some grand ideological vision (as Collectivists) everything is attuned to their personal interests.

The assertion that Alpha's are weak and virtually none influential in society seems more like Viktor Gulenko projection of his own inadequacy in influence as a basis for shared values he thinks folks in his quadra possesses.

TIM
    EII 9w1 sp/so
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Petter View Post
    Here are SSS descriptions of + and - functions (N.B. they don't use static, dynamic etc):

These are also SSS descriptions of + and - functions (I think they are fairly accurate):

TIM
    EII 9w1 sp/so
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Petter View Post

Again this is.... sooooo good

TIM
    EII 9w1 sp/so
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+Si (base of SEI): concrete sensing, kinesthesia, hedonism, tradition, pleasure, lust, perfectionism, aesthetics, grooming, attachment, comfort/discomfort, physical pain, accumulated experience via living, life, joy, harmony, clean (as in appareance), being fit via activity, loving your body and the sensations it produces, the here and now,

-Ne (base of IEE): potential, capability, improvisation, exploration, idealism, imagination, story, tale, randomness, reading people, individuality.

Yes, yes and yes

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In SEE I'd associate Se with parallel structures (Fi) rather than destruction; generally i use Reinin though

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

According to my sources by Gulenko, there are a few "mistakes" in the overview by @mclane.

"Corrections":

-Fe: EIE
    +Fe: ESE
    -Te: LSE
    +Te: LIE
    -Ni: ILI
    +Ni: IEI
    -Se: SEI
    +Si: SLI

I find Gulenko's current interpretation of +/- quite accurate.

(The one @mclane provides seems to be the outdated one.)

The types with the compatible Cognitive Styles share the same +/- modalities.

-Fe, -Ni, -Si, -Te, +Fi, +Ne, +Se, +Te:
    EIE, LSI, EII, LSE, SEE, ILI, ILE, SEI

+Fe, +Ni, +Si, +Te, -Fi, -Ne, -Se, -Te:
    IEI, SLE, ESI, LIE, IEE, SLI, LII, ESE
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Under Gulenko (and Yermak, which is the rendition displayed by SSS), duals and people within the same quadra are listed as having opposite signage (i.e. SLI has -Si and IEE and EII +Si, which shouldn't happen IMO) (inconsistency within quadras is nonsensical) -- however, his assessment of the general nature of the IEs is accurate I think, if you just apply each leading function he describes to the type's entire quadra in a valued functional expression sense. It's just that, technically dual types should have opposite capability/strength of the IEs, so in a way it does make sense that you can say things like SEE has stronger -Ti than +Ti while ILI would have stronger +Ti than -Ti and that's probably the logic the Gulenko/Yermak versions follow. (I think this accounts for any disorganization of ideas or confusion @Cassandra @mclane .)

Overall, Model B aka Bukalov's rendition presents the information in a more consistent way as in the way of valued signed IEs. You just need to switch those of the "duals" around of the SSS/Gulenko/Yermak versions to apply them to the Model B one in a valued sense for the types.

I agree with many of your descriptors with just some being ambiguous or iffy to me, as some others have given criticism and explanation for already.
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

It's hard to find a love through every shade of grey.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mh yeah those don't seem too clean-cut as a whole idk

Nevertheless, HUGE preference of -Ne over +Ne, I relate to every word. +Ne has lowkey and thrown into it?

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    According to my sources by Gulenko, there are a few "mistakes" in the overview by @mclane.

"Corrections":

-Fe: EIE
    +Fe: ESE
    -Te: LSE
    +Te: LIE
    -Ni: ILI
    +Ni: IEI
    -Se: SEI
    +Si: SLI

I find Gulenko's current interpretation of +/- quite accurate.

(The one @mclane provides seems to be the outdated one.)

The types with the compatible Cognitive Styles share the same +/- modalities.

-Fe, -Ni, -Si, -Te, +Fi, +Ne, +Se, +Te:
    EIE, LSI, EII, LSE, SEE, ILI, ILE, SEI

+Fe, +Ni, +Si, +Te, -Fi, -Ne, -Se, -Te:
    IEI, SLE, ESI, LIE, IEE, SLI, LII, ESE
    Gulenko can go suck hobo cock. I've been testing these definitions for years. You won't see them anywhere else because I came up with them (although I did take inspiration from hitta and tcaud). Whatever you choose to call these doesn't matter, the thing is that they can be referred to by their commonality. One is a process element (+), and the other is a result element (-), they are shared between members of the same quadra. Example: Gamma is -Fi +Se +Ni and -Te. Now, thanks to hitta's interpretation of model B, I know that they are also shared by other quadras. For example, a LIE and an EII have an analogically identical creative (-Ne/+Ni) and HA (-Si+Se). SEE and SLI would share the same base (+Se/-Si) and DS (-Ne/+Ni) , and so on.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bump

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Minor piece of criticism: I think saving belong under +Te. I think Meged was wrong when she said ILI-Te’s are thrifty (or maybe there was a mistranslation issue), but building reserves is a +Te practice as it fits right in with necessary mangerial steps. Maybe she meant that ILI-Te’s are very careful with their money (not wasteful, doesn’t make uneconomical purchases).

The paradox of thrift was discovered by an ILI-Te, John Keynes. Now this is not to say ILI-Te’s and LIE-Te’s throw away money we just don’t see the point of hoarding it when it could be used for more investment ideas. Gammas take the most financial risks (you could also argue we take a lot of risks outside the financial sphere as well). Delta’s are more conservative financially as they just want to make enough to be comfortable and live without worrying that one rainy day will make them poor.

https://youtu.be/JirvSuZQ-gA?t=225
    TIM
    IEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yep, can confirm. Gamma NT's are risky motherfuckers, Delta ST's are not. It's that Ni/Se.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doesn't match my observations. Gamma NT's tend to be extremely spartan with money, working and working and saving, and then expending it in one big thing or giving it away etc. Bill gates; he has a big house, but considering the money he has he could have tons of properties. Last time I checked he was giving it away. Another example; think of Jean Reno's character in "The Professional" (ILI-Te). He worked and worked assassinating people and only spent money on basic necessities (milk). Some LIE's get into gambling ventures but it's due to poor type health.

Beta accumulate and accumulate and very careful where they expend their resources (usually in things that really interest them). The proof that +Te is expenditure is found in IEE-Fi; they usually suck with money big time, being unable to save any sizable amount. They're usually expect to share the resources of an SLI dual. LSE's tend to expend most of their earnings as well (it's due to a combination of the +Te base and -Se/-Si demonstrative that makes them a bit joyful/leisurely -- and -Te/+Ti ignoring).

LII-Ne often are very generous, expending money at their whim, while ILE-Ne's (semi-valued -Te demonstrative) usually are much more stingy. They're generous too usually but they value and estimate very carefully where they spend their resources.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm I always thought of that character as a SLI, but that is not important. Before we get into this, I mind you both +Te and -Te both have advantages to handling money.

Look on risk-on finance industries where it entails the mindset that you could lose a significant amount of money each day; i.e investment bankers at the trading desk, actuaries. A large portion of these people are Gamma NT’s and Beta ST’s. This is because +Ti/-Te is very good at handling chaos/risk. It is not about build your savings through thrift spending (you will get left behind), it is about leveraging your saving in order to obtain huge returns. A function that is about saving is less likely to join in on these games.

SLI and LSE who do join this game go for the long term approach to minimize risk. To them it is not about trying to hit big constantly to become overwhelmingly rich. Rather, it is about calmly building wealth. You see them in the bond market, buying and holding property for multiple years, etc. Basically they go for markets that don’t have have short term liquidation, but have more guaranteed profits to build up their savings. Sure they spend more money on themselves than Gamma NT’s, but I can say the same for Beta ST’s. This behavior isn’t related Te; it is a sensory type thing. Wanting to indulge in material privileges.

Oh and another thing, those comments about IEE-Fi’s could be said about IEI-Fe’s.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Investigator View Post
    Oh and another thing, those comments about IEE-Fi’s could be said about IEI-Fe’s.
    True. Must be then than you have to be proficient at both type of thinkings to be good with money (can't have a thinking PoLR). I know for a fact that IEI-Ni is good with money.

Unsure about the market behaviors of the different thinking types(haven't had the opportunity to observe them in that setting, and the popular typings of prominent investors I tend to doubt if they are typed correctly); I just described how they are in everyday matters.

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True. Must be then than you have to be proficient at both type of thinkings to be good with money (can't have a thinking PoLR). I know for a fact that IEI-Ni is good with money.

Unsure about the market behaviors of the different thinking types(haven't had the opportunity to observe them in that setting, and the popular typings of prominent investors I tend to doubt if they are typed correctly); I just described how they are in everyday matters.
    Well my main point is that Beta ST's and Gamma NT's (+Ti/-Te) are risk-takers. Risk-taking is not compatible with the philosophy behind saving. Delta ST's and Alpha NT's (-Ti/+Te) systematically manage their resources and in my experiences, when they get involved in financial activities of very high risk, it looks very silly and uncoordinated. Not saying they can't do (as they are still thinking types), but it doesn't seem like they have a strong preference for it like Beta ST's and Gamma NT's. Systematically managing your resources is what saving is about.

I mean you said it yourself. +Te is managerial logic. Managers have to be professional savers. They sparingly spend money and when they do, it is highly calculated to minimize risk. I need X amount for supplies for Y period of time. We need to make X + Z money to fulfill quota and to cover costs and other expenses while making productive profit.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think -Ti/+Te's are more likely to spend money on whims in their personal life. Could it be that -Te/+Ti's are more likely to spend on risky ventures, but not on whims?

How do you say I should modify the descriptions based on what you have described?

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still think -Ti/+Te's are more likely to spend money on whims in their personal life. Could it be that -Te/+Ti's are more likely to spend on risky ventures, but not on whims?

How do you say I should modify the descriptions based on what you have described?
    First off sorry for the late reply.

It seems like you already made some good changes. Though I am still not convinced about -Ti/+Te spending money on whims. This seems too illogical to be the derivative of a thinking function. LSE-Te tend to be very strict with their money. I am sure we all know about that family stereotype with the LSE-Te who is strict with their family: “we have X budget and if you go over it don’t expect sympathy” “if the light bill gets over Y, then there will be punishments.” Strict observance and management of resources (and money is no exception) is one of LSE-Te’s greatest talents. A direct quote from the LSE-Te description which also matches up with my observations:

A good financier, who can rationally handle money. Economic, calculating, and prudent. He likes working with numbers and factual concrete information. Gravitates towards such areas of activity as statistics and planning. Loves stability, reliability, and thoroughness in everything.

If anything, I only see SLI-Si’s and LSE-Si’s (even then, this is definitely not the majority) who squander their hard earned money for the sake of enjoyment.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it might have clicked in my mind how this issue works: -Ti/+Te valuers are good with money as long as it is linked/energized (meaning it is tempered with -Te/+Ti, as is the case of LSE-Te). They can manage it well, expending or saving according to the best option. So LII-Ti would be good with money too, etc. But LII-Ne and LSE-Si, having "void" -Te/+Ti ignoring, would manage well their money (meaning, they spend as required/ as they see fit) but not efficiently, For -Te/-Ti valuers it would be the opposite, they would tend to hoard and not spend correctly unless tempered with -Ti/+Te (LIE-Te, LSI-Ti). I think +Si/-Si divide might also be a factor, as it regulates the priority a person has for their expenditure (+Si more hedonistic expending, -Si more "basic needs" expending). IEE-Fi and IEI-Fe would both suck with money but for different reasons: IEE-Fi because they can manage their money well, but are unable to be efficient with it; IEI-Fe because they are efficient with it but cannot manage it well (for example, they need something so they buy it on impulse without considering if it's the right moment to buy it or not. Regardless, they are much better with money than IEE-Fi in any case, but I only know two examples: one is a lowlife and a junkie[and was the example I thought of when you mentioned IEI-Fe sucking with money], the other is a housewife who works menial jobs but already owns a house, despite having trouble to live day to day on her allowance).

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it might have clicked in my mind how this issue works: -Ti/+Te valuers are good with money as long as it is linked/energized (meaning it is tempered with -Te/+Ti, as is the case of LSE-Te). They can manage it well, expending or saving according to the best option. So LII-Ti would be good with money too, etc. But LII-Ne and LSE-Si, having "void" -Te/+Ti ignoring, would manage well their money (meaning, they spend as required/ as they see fit) but not efficiently, For -Te/-Ti valuers it would be the opposite, they would tend to hoard and not spend correctly unless tempered with -Ti/+Te (LIE-Te, LSI-Ti). I think +Si/-Si divide might also be a factor, as it regulates the priority a person has for their expenditure (+Si more hedonistic expending, -Si more "basic needs" expending). IEE-Fi and IEI-Fe would both suck with money but for different reasons: IEE-Fi because they can manage their money well, but are unable to be efficient with it; IEI-Fe because they are efficient with it but cannot manage it well (for example, they need something so they buy it on impulse without considering if it's the right moment to buy it or not. Regardless, they are much better with money than IEE-Fi in any case, but I only know two examples: one is a lowlife and a junkie[and was the example I thought of when you mentioned IEI-Fe sucking with money], the other is a housewife who works menial jobs but already owns a house, despite having trouble to live day to day on her allowance).
    Your reply made a few things click for me as well. You help me understand the intricacies and more importantly the differences between IEE-Fi’s and IEI-Fe’s weaknesses as it relates to function charges. Thanks