Thread: 2w1 LSE? Theory input, please

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2w1 LSE? Theory input, please

I'm less familiar with the Enneagram than Socionics. Is this combination theoretically possible?

I know someone who I type as LSE and I'm trying to figure out their E type. So far 2w1 with possible sx as the first instinct is what seems to fit the best, based on what I'm reading. Strong desire to serve, but in practical and non-flamboyant ways. The "harshness" of the typical LSE is softer in this person than normal, with an extra focus on the other and their feelings. But they're not as "soft" as ESEs are (even the more practical ones), and they lack in Fe smoothness.

I was thinking 1 at first, but the quest toward perfect seems subjected to whether or not the other is actually doing well.

Based on descriptions that focus on external behaviors, it would seem that 2 and LSE wouldn't fit. One seems warm and people-y and the other seems cold and uber-logical. BUT when I look at underlying motivations and information processing, it seems that possibly it could still work in one person. E.g. the desire of the 2 is to be loved -> Fi seeking. 2s serve -> Si caregiving. 1 wing can correlate to a Te bent. Etc.

Ask me questions. Tell me ideas. Give me answers. Point me toward resources.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm kind of asking myself the same question so I probably won't be much help to you. I know a few women who I type as 2w1, and I kind of assumed them to be ESE because ESE+2 makes perfect sense, but when I really think about it they are much more concerned with productivity and work than Fe matters. It seems they derive pleasure from appearing to work harder than everyone around them. They kind of martyr themselves saying "Don't worry, I'll do it like I do everything. You take a break. I love work. I AM work. Can I get you something?" They feel superior for being constantly busy and useful. Yet they are also quite strong in Fe. And they're not pushovers. They don't allow themselves to be bossed around. They're very much in control.
    7w6 9w1 2w3 sx/? RLUAI(rl|U|ai)

TIM
    IEI-Fe
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't describe 2 and LSE as unfitting; 2 works well with the caregiver style. 2s tend to deemphasize their own needs, which I could see intersecting with LSE's weak Fe due to a lack of demonstrativeness of feeling.
    Phobic So/Sp 6w7 3w2 9w1
    Bit of a comic books nerd, bit of a fashion nerd, a lot of a generalized nerd

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@asd I'm not sure, tbh. I got distracted and let this one drop as it wasn't vital to my ability to interact with this person. Plus they have been uncooperative in anything related to determining any sort of type, lol. They don't like being "put in a box" so I have to be covert in my info gathering, haha.

I could revisit this, though, for sure. I'll need to pull up some more enneagram reading, I think.

Do you have any opinions on this potential type combo?
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.