Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Interior Design Personality

The Best Interior Design Style Based on Your Personality Type (marthastewart.com)

According to this I would be:

High Openness
    High Conscientiousness
    High Extraversion
    Low Agreeableness
    Low Neuroticism

Those are just suggestions though. I don't think I'm that high extraversion, I just like modern and don't like traditional because I want to live in the future and not the past. It seems to almost conflate extraversion and disagreeableness though, and a lot of other tests seem to kind of hint at that too (e.g., assertiveness and aggressiveness seem to be considered to be plus for extraversion and minus for agreeableness.) Also confirms the attempt to link to MBTI and say thinkers = modern and feelers = traditional since that also seems to be used as a proxxy for agreeableness, but if that's how it is, there shouldn't even be Ti or Fe, just Te and Fi if you're using socionics. None of these people use socionics, so if anyone can make this work with socionics at all that'd be interesting.

I’m a psychologist – what your interior design says about your personality, so are you controlling or super quiet? | The US Sun (the-sun.com)

This one is probably even more useful. Even though I don't want too much stuff everywhere I do usually have some kind of project out and it's nice to know I don't have to feel so bad about that, I can show people a psychology article.

Things I like:
    Cool sleek silver colors > warm beige
    Modern styles
    Lots of plants
    I don't model my space after escapist styles

None of us can probably be friends on the escapism point, since I mentioned I was growing some bamboo and wanted to make bee houses out of it and people here, even if they were gardening more and boiling pizza in skillets less, probably would want ornamental flowers for a fairy garden, which my bamboo and little trees I'm growing for fruit, leaves, etc. aren't going to fit very well into that. Also I wouldn't be very inclined to give a whole rare dwarf fruit tree to someone who boils pizza in skillets since it would probably quickly meet its end. Yeah that's enough 16t for today.

How to decorate your home based on your personality (starsinsider.com)

Bringing back the four temperaments kind of? Hmm. Out of all these gimmicky styles I think I would have to pick Galileo since I want to be productive, not have to clean up after parties all the time, but all of these seem kind of extreme.

What Your Home Décor Reveals About You | Reader's Digest (rd.com)

1. Yes I have a strong sense of self
    2. My desk is quite busy despite everything else being clean and minimalist-ish
    3. No aspirational decor, all my decorations are just things I actually do, like my actual plants which I take care of, or my rocks which I can tell you the chemical composition and electromagnetic properties of and, if it's biological in origin, exactly which organisms it came from, and my tech, which I also use, and my souvenirs from vacations which I have actually been on, etc.
    4. Not nostalgic, not a lot of family photos
    5. I do have lots of vingettes so I'm introverted on this one despite Martha Steward saying modern decor is extraverted
    6. I have nice furniture so I do make smart investments
    7. I change my wall decorations all the time and like using clips, twine, etc.
    8. No high-end fine art, maybe that should be a goal but I don't really like the Old World vibe and prefer investing in other things, maybe modern art or concept illustrations in the future for me though
    9. Yes I am eager to nest
    10. No fear of commitment, I love not having bare spaces (as seen in other answers)
    11. I do still face furniture for people to chat despite having the quiet nooks, though I would guess this is more to do with low neuroticism than extraversion or introversion per se
    12. I don't have a lot of vintage pieces but I like to reuse and recycle things like jars, cans, and boxes, which is how I grow most of my plants as well
    13. I don't think my kitchen is really stacked with appliances based on their picture but at the same time I have more than I need for just me, maybe some people would think it's stacked since I've had some people ask where I got a lot of my things though, so I'm going with probably stacked but less dramatically than theirs
    14. Yes I like greenery. Theirs is pretty similar to mine but with less colors and a lot more beige, since that looks more modern with all the geodesic etc. stuff and not like "cottagecore" which is what I've seen more people do. They are also missing all the purple plant lights though.
    15. Yes I am focused since I streamline.

There also isn't a prefix for just mainstream psychology on this whole site, hmm.

Banned
    TIM
    Heretic
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I technically have some vintage items if "vintage" is a synonym for "used." I think of vintage as basically what one of the articles said though, people going out and decorating everything like a Victorian mansion or international style (even if that's a modern style,) not going to eBay or Goodwill and being like "this looks neat and I could use it" on some 90s or 2000s item, much less something produced within the last year that has the tags still on but the box is dented so you get a discount, or one of your relatives giving you an office chair from the 2000s that they don't use anymore as a moving gift. While I have a couple of items from the 1980s and a couple of more historical antiques I wouldn't exactly call that "vintage decoration." Likewise I guess I have a small number of more traditional or classic designs mixed in with all the much more modern ones seeing as I said #14 in the last article but with different colors is similar to mine. Saying #14 with cooler silver-y colors and more bright colors instead of so much beige and brown is basically how I decorate is probably all people need to know anyway.

Photos or video

To see is to believe