Thread: How do I get along with an ENFj professor? :?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How do I get along with an ENFj professor? :?

He reminds me of my ENFj grandmother so much. BUt it's irritating. I see Beta aristocracy all over it. It reminds me of that document about the ISTj ENFj duality

THere's work ethic involved, but it's completely about your relationship with him
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's an ESFj, IMO.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gilligan87
    That's an ESFj, IMO.
    see, this is the problem with VI.

you have no clue who this guy is. assuming that's UDP's professor, UDP comes into contact with him on a regular basis and has some idea who he is. you, on the other hand, have zero clue who he is and you base your knowledge solely on this VI.

this is a problem when people are working just off of VI and ignoring who people actually are.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    That's an ESFj, IMO.
    see, this is the problem with VI.

you have no clue who this guy is. assuming that's UDP's professor, UDP comes into contact with him on a regular basis and has some idea who he is. you, on the other hand, have zero clue who he is and you base your knowledge solely on this VI.

this is a problem when people are working just off of VI and ignoring who people actually are.
    Yeah! I can see like getting some general idea of type off a photo but to assume that difference becasue of VI over someone's interactions seems silly.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I happen not to trust UDP's knowledge of socionics sufficiently to take everything he says about type literally. Is that a problem for you?

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think ENFj and ESFj would be difficult to differentiate from that picture.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I happen not to trust UDP's knowledge of socionics sufficiently to take everything he says about type literally. Is that a problem for you?
    ok, fine. i disagree, but fair game.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    I was going on the heavier jaw, for the most part. ENFjs seem (in my experience) to almost always have the stereotypical triangular intuitive lower face shape.

Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-pokeball

Tell him to shave that sin off of his face :/

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, then tell me the difference --- how woudl an ESFj run a physics class, as opposed to an ENFj?
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was going on the heavier jaw, for the most part. ENFjs seem (in my experience) to almost always have the stereotypical triangular intuitive lower face shape.
    this is a really dumb way to do VI. looking for facial characteristics... i cant possibly see how that would have any effect on type.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    you are one obnoxious motherfucker

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he values his relationships more than his teaching then you should probably study hard and try to block out knowledge of who he is as a person. That's not really important anyway. I've never had any problems with teachers because A] I've observed parts of their personalities, but never cared about their personalities B] I assume all teachers would recognize and appreciate hard work more than they would 'who you are as a person.'

That said, he might be some horrible monster socialite that your short sentences didn't tell of, and in that case, i'm sorry.

I love giving advice.
    asd

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP II
    Alright, then tell me the difference --- how woudl an ESFj run a physics class, as opposed to an ENFj?
    No one's going to step up to the plate?

Oh well

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was overexhaggerating the emphasis he placed on his personal relationship between studtents. He's incredibly EFj. He doesn't focus on the students more so than the class, but he focuses on the students more apparently and more vividly than any other professor I've ever met, and uses this, along with his judgement of competence and credibility to "determine" how he thinks about students

2 classes ago, he want on a mini rant about how it is better to not hand something in, as opposed to turning in a 2/10 "Trash" peice of work. He said how it is much better to not show your incompetence than to turn in something of such little effort, which is completely F related in regard to his persona.

And he has emphasized the importance of coming to class -- in that if you don't go to his class, don't expect you to get along with him, or be very open with you at office hours. Etc...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hypothetically... (just among ENFj and ESFj)

ENFj would teach you physics and constantly link things to other topics. It would be all about theories and situations where things COULD happen. He could be talking about washing machines and how they work and then use circular movement and inerts to explain electron movement in atoms. He could suddenly jump to very real things in the real world which we don't see - vividly and lively explaining how qwants come from the lamp in the ceiling and then move linearly and then absorb... He would be half in thought. His eyes would actually pretend to follow the movement of light particles. It's like seeing someone dream-walk, but not entirely. (One ENTp teaches like that. The coolest thing ever!!!)

ESFj would explain with the same enthusiasm and just as vividly, but he won't care about what could be. He would describe situations that have actually happened. He would be more likely to discuss one topic at a time. He will explain situations more statically. He won't say that the same principle is correct in another situation, in stead he will say that another situation is "similar", but he'll explain the exact same thing with different words. He won't bring hypothetical examples, but he will tell you about lots of real-life situations. And the absolute hint - he will constantly giggle about idiotic stuff, because he's alpha SF.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFj based on that dichotomey.

He does not strike me as alpha or ESFj.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know how you could get along with him, but in theory... Te role - he wants you to be productive. You should go to class, finish tasks on time, greet him when you see him outside the school. And don't give him sloppy-looking homework. I hate it when people don't even try. I would think, "arrogant jerk! Go smoke weed somewhere and drop out of school. You obviously don't have the necessary attitude to graduate, so stop wasting my time.".

If you manage to demonstrate that you actually benefit from his classes, he should be especially happy, because then he sees that he's being productive. It would flatter him and he will see himself as your mentor. You would be the beloved prodigy.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    I don't know how you could get along with him, but in theory... Te role - he wants you to be productive. You should go to class, finish tasks on time, greet him when you see him outside the school. And don't give him sloppy-looking homework. I hate it when people don't even try. I would think, "arrogant jerk! Go smoke weed somewhere and drop out of school. You obviously don't have the necessary attitude to graduate, so stop wasting my time.".

If you manage to demonstrate that you actually benefit from his classes, he should be especially happy, because then he sees that he's being productive. It would flatter him and he will see himself as your mentor. You would be the beloved prodigy.

That's how I feel about the situation. (save the weed part).
    But yeah, he definitely has that role....
    That post was actually a good description of him.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP II
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina

That's how I feel about the situation. (save the weed part).
    But yeah, he definitely has that role....
    That post was actually a good description of him.
    that's very good. I'm very pleased that I understood myself correctly.

Barely related rant (not obligatory to read): Today I was playing one of those MMORPGs and I joined a group to do a difficult quest. I was terrified. My hands were shaking and I was hyperventilating a lot. Actually, being in a group wasn't really that difficult. I ended up being an average player, good for a noob. Later I analyzed why I was so scared. It wasn't because I was afraid that they see that I keep striking the wrong keys in critical situations (Si-polr). I was terrified because I was afraid I might be useful enough. "If they pick another cleric, maybe less people would die? Maybe they would feel more safe? Maybe the other cleric would hit better. Maybe even a good fighter would have been a better choice... Maybe they would be better off without me!!!".
    E3 (probably 3w4)