Thread: Damien Chazelle, La La Land

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Damien Chazelle, La La Land

Damien Chazelle, director of 'La La Land', i haven't seen it yet. Is it any good? What's his type, maybe SLE?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't know the director's type, but the female protagonist looks LII to me, and the male protagonist might be ESE.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don’t think gammas will overly enjoy this movie with main stars coming across as EII and EIE mixed with an alphaness which could be emerging from the director?
    Husband is bored even if there is a chance of him being IEE over SEE.
    As for myself...why am I watching...don’t particularly like actor Ryan Gosling...
    Gotta feel jazz presented this way and some romantic nostalgia intoxication I guess...
    Other musical movies like Grease were well and truly deserving of their place in history along with awards handed out, this though I can’t really see it long term holding much value.
    Ok time to turn it off.
    Last edited by Hays; 01-20-2018 at 09:18 AM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

(Warning-spoilers) Oh I've seen it! I'll give a review in Reverie's thread. Don't think he values , the whole movie was about pursuing your dream at the expense of a relationship. ILE, EIE?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he's an SLE or LIE. I think he is definitely Ni/Se valuing, not an ethical type, and an extrovert.

Whiplash and LaLa land are really Si devaluing movies. I love them. Emma Stone's character annoys me a little though.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    HN-SLI-Te
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IxE or C-IEI

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE-Ni