Thread: EIE-EII experiences?

TIM
    EII 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default EIE-EII experiences?

EIEs and EIIs, what are your impressions of each other? What do you like/dislike about each other? As friends? Co-workers? Family? Romantic partners? How have your relationships changed over time? Specific examples would be appreciated.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

My EIE friends don't reach out to me to stay in touch and I don't like that because I feel like I have to do all the relationship things. We usually don't have much to speak about as our tastes are different. I like their energy. I'm calm and they are fast paced (relates to their Ej temperament well). I could never date one as the extinguisher aspect is a killer of conversation hahaha. But, I remember my dad's friend who had an EIE daughter and she used to come over, take my hand so confidently and with ease she would lead me into activities or play. She was really delightful. We lost touch so I don't know if she still has that childlike joyous and playfulness in her any more.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Acquaintance 1: If you poke them then they giggle and curl up cutely, which is nice but gets old fast. Needs more push-back. Excellent baker though.
    Reason is a whore.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm currently in a relationship with an EIE and I have to say so far it's the most harmonious relationship I've ever had. We naturally click together, we have similar habits, opinions, hobbies, we like more or less the same things. However in the beginning of our relationship there were some things we had to talk through. For example he likes to entertain other people, he is very extroverted and naturally charismatic so he knows ho to grab everyone's attention by joking around, acting. When he is in a bigger group he totally gets into a role of entertainer and he forgets about everything else, he doesn't know when it's the right time to stop and stay quiet, he's so needy of attention of others. I really disliked this behavior, I thought it was a cheap attention whoring and it got me mad a lot of times until I told him to stop embarrassing me in front of my friends. He actually started to control this urge to be the loudest and the funniest in every group. He became a lot more serious when he's with me and I like that.

The other things which is both good or bad is that, we both are good at the same stuff and we both have the same weak spots, which means I feel like I need to compete with him all the time. He's more vocal and showy of his talents and I feel sometimes like I'm left behind even though I'm equally good.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had an EIE very close friend for some time while in college. When i first met her - she approached me - she seemed like a bit of a loser, honestly, in the sense that she seemed to not have a group of friends (or any friends at all), didn't have any particular interests to distinguish her from other people or something to call her own, and was quite withdrawn and was doing, you know, quite average in most endeavors in school. We were in the same humanities course.

I was making plans for the coming summer and had everything lined up for me for all 3 months and then i'd take off overseas for a year, and she just sorta shuffled along and lived with me for a little while in the summer place, which I shared with someone else. My roommate started noticing that practically every day EIE would go for a stroll at some point but then would spend most of the time indoors, reading. EIE was rather quiet, but the roommate was particularly bothered by EIE being constantly there while not formally being a housemate (and not paying any rent either). EIE would only enliven socially and get active once i'd return from work, lol. I think we were really really close psychologically (maybe i was more ESI back then, i dunno) and had a very easy time discussing topics of mutual interest, and as we were in similar fields of study commonalities were plenty.

Eventually the roommate situation got worse, with the roommate now demanding for the EIE to leave, and eventually i agreed and asked EIE to make other arrangements. The following year i was overseas and we sort of lost touch after that and although I made a couple of attempts to re-establish some manner of relationship, i think the EIE was quite unforgiving about having been asked to leave the summer place. Alas, i think she didn't notice that it had become a very acute Si-situation with the roommate (she had complained to the landlord etc) - such is part of the nature of Si-polr i suspect. (ETA: Later I have wondered whether i mishandled the situation, and likely there were better ways to go about it, i just alas didn't think of anything better to do to help EIE stay with me that summer..)

Definitely good while the good lasts, imo, but can turn quite sour if things start going wrong and the misunderstandings can be very hard to bridge, alas, once they happen.
    Last edited by Delilah; 06-06-2019 at 04:20 AM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    When he is in a bigger group he totally gets into a role of entertainer and he forgets about everything else, he doesn't know when it's the right time to stop and stay quiet, he's so needy of attention of others. I really disliked this behavior, I thought it was a cheap attention whoring and it got me mad a lot of times until I told him to stop embarrassing me in front of my friends. He actually started to control this urge to be the loudest and the funniest in every group. He became a lot more serious when he's with me and I like that.
    Assume I'm 'EII': 'attention whoring' is actually what I really like about EIEs... (I guess the joke is that I'm LII instead...)