Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beta confessions

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Once, I wanted to buy my IEI highschool crush a rose gram for Valentine’s Day. The loud SEE guy was taking down the orders and loudly exclaimed throughout the hallway, “NIFFER, YOU LIKE (IEI GUY)?!?!?” It was really embarrassing.
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

It's hard to find a love through every shade of grey.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Years later, the aforementioned IEI from highschool let me board at his apartment for a week while I was in his area. I asked him to gimme a kiss before I flew out. He refused, and I stomped my foot on the ground and called him gay.
    [Today 07:57 AM] Raver: Life is a ride that lasts very long, but still a ride. It is a dream that we have yet to awaken from.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I asked another IEI out in highschool over an MMORPG.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Today the airport Dunkin Donuts staff were treating customers before me with contempt. When I got to the register, the employee asked me what I ordered, and I reported two bagels, one with cream cheese, one without. She asked if there was anything on the other one, and I said, “I asked for butter, does that count?”

She sneered a little and said, “Well of course I have to charge you for that butter,” as if I were a butter thief trying to get free butter lol. And I yelled at her in a deep voice, “I WAS ASKING A QUESTION.”

I do this kind of thing a lot. I know they have crap jobs and all that. I’m not happy that I’m a bitch, but I really can’t seem to help it.

Ask me about the day a couple of months ago when I threw a postal worker’s pen behind the counter 15 feet and yelled, “Take your fucking pen!” and walked out.

Good thing I live in NYC now.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    Today the airport Dunkin Donuts staff were treating customers before me with contempt. When I got to the register, the employee asked me what I ordered, and I reported two bagels, one with cream cheese, one without. She asked if there was anything on the other one, and I said, “I asked for butter, does that count?”

She sneered a little and said, “Well of course I have to charge you for that butter,” as if I were a butter thief trying to get free butter lol. And I yelled at her in a deep voice, “I WAS ASKING A QUESTION.”

I do this kind of thing a lot. I know they have crap jobs and all that. I’m not happy that I’m a bitch, but I really can’t seem to help it.

Ask me about the day a couple of months ago when I threw a postal worker’s pen behind the counter 15 feet and yelled, “Take your fucking pen!” and walked out.

Good thing I live in NYC now.
    Lol um what sin did the postal worker commit?

Did the donut employee react in any way?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Lol um what sin did the postal worker commit?

Did the donut employee react in any way?
    Y’know in both these cases, what really made me cross the edge was watching these workers treat other people like shit, and watching those people just take it, in the Dunkin Donuts Bc they are travelers, some of them don’t even have strong English or don’t understand the local culture enough to be aware just how shit the treatment is.

The donut employee said nothing else to me that was out of line, we both proceeded as if things were normal. I was basically calling out her shit and she seemed to know that.

The post offices here are sometimes phenomenally terrible. That particular woman was just abusive toward everyone and all thirty or whatever of us in line were witnessing one attack by her after another. There was no pen in the place, it was almost derelict. So I got to the front knowing I would probably get the asshole treatment but figured I’d see what she was gonna do. I politely asked for a pen and said I could step aside to fill out my form. She gave me one but started saying shit like, “asking me for a pen. I don’t have to give you a pen, you should be thanking me, you should be respectful ...” (I had thanked her, and I was respectful.)

I ignored her for a minute as I wrote, and then I said very plainly, “it’s not okay for you to behave abusively. I won’t accept it.” She screamed, “give me the pen back! You are stealing my pen, everyone steals everything.” I calmly said, “I’m not stealing anything.”

She came to grab the pen from my hand, I stepped back, I threw the pen behind her to where the packages were, yelled, “Take your fucking pen,” and, as I said above, walked out. You’d think I was out of control. But I wasn’t, really. She deserved it, so she got it. I felt purposeful rather than reactive.

That said, I am not proud I’m like this. And btw I have plenty of times protected a worker from a shitty customer too. It’s not about abusing service workers.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right on golden that’s a cool story.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Y’know in both these cases, what really made me cross the edge was watching these workers treat other people like shit, and watching those people just take it, in the Dunkin Donuts Bc they are travelers, some of them don’t even have strong English or don’t understand the local culture enough to be aware just how shit the treatment is.

The donut employee said nothing else to me that was out of line, we both proceeded as if things were normal. I was basically calling out her shit and she seemed to know that.

The post offices here are sometimes phenomenally terrible. That particular woman was just abusive toward everyone and all thirty or whatever of us in line were witnessing one attack by her after another. There was no pen in the place, it was almost derelict. So I got to the front knowing I would probably get the asshole treatment but figured I’d see what she was gonna do. I politely asked for a pen and said I could step aside to fill out my form. She gave me one but started saying shit like, “asking me for a pen. I don’t have to give you a pen, you should be thanking me, you should be respectful ...” (I had thanked her, and I was respectful.)

I ignored her for a minute as I wrote, and then I said very plainly, “it’s not okay for you to behave abusively. I won’t accept it.” She screamed, “give me the pen back! You are stealing my pen, everyone steals everything.” I calmly said, “I’m not stealing anything.”

She came to grab the pen from my hand, I stepped back, I threw the pen behind her to where the packages were, yelled, “Take your fucking pen,” and, as I said above, walked out. You’d think I was out of control. But I wasn’t, really. She deserved it, so she got it. I felt purposeful rather than reactive.

That said, I am not proud I’m like this. And btw I have plenty of times protected a worker from a shitty customer too. It’s not about abusing service workers.
    No, I see how it wasn't out of control with the description overall. I can see how you were stating a point with it lol. I can become kind of like this myself. (Slightly different with some details of execution but the basic idea is the same.) You say you are not proud of being like this... why if I can ask?

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I see how it wasn't out of control with the description overall. I can see how you were stating a point with it lol. I can become kind of like this myself. (Slightly different with some details of execution but the basic idea is the same.) You say you are not proud of being like this... why if I can ask?
    Most people are just way more laidback-seeming, and I think on the whole I would be a better and happier person if I were more forgiving and less of a hothead. I also think I can be confusing to others because a lot of my values are technically pro-social in the sense that I will behave according to how I think things should be, but my actions might look antisocial because most people wouldn’t bother with whatever-it-is. I’ve been told quite a few times by friends and better-known acquaintances that I came across as intimidating at first, and then when they spent a little time with me they realized I was pretty nice, after all. I wish that the underlying decency I probably do possess were more apparent.

I have criticized other people for being sticklers and fussy and fixed, yet I am also like that, which is hypocritical of me. I can get seriously hung up on a point until it’s resolved to my satisfaction.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Most people are just way more laidback-seeming, and I think on the whole I would be a better and happier person if I were more forgiving and less of a hothead. I also think I can be confusing to others because a lot of my values are technically pro-social in the sense that I will behave according to how I think things should be, but my actions might look antisocial because most people wouldn’t bother with whatever-it-is. I’ve been told quite a few times by friends and better-known acquaintances that I came across as intimidating at first, and then when they spent a little time with me they realized I was pretty nice, after all. I wish that the underlying decency I probably do possess were more apparent.

I have criticized other people for being sticklers and fussy and fixed, yet I am also like that, which is hypocritical of me. I can get seriously hung up on a point until it’s resolved to my satisfaction.
    I share your thoughts (for myself) on almost all of this actually.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I share your thoughts (for myself) on almost all of this actually.
    My condolences
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

To be honest I really love how extreme my life is.

TIM
    EII typed by Gulenko
    Mentioned
    339 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Drake.

As a kid I once sharted explosively around a bunch of nuns and monks praying at a Buddhist temple, ruining the robes I was given.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I shared a very unflattering drawing of this one horrid girl in my classroom many years ago, since she thought she was better than everybody else, which of course included me in the equation. When the sordid drawing was found by the teachers, and saw it had all these signatures to ask for her head on a spike, I was given in school suspension for an entire week.

It was worth going down for it. She tortured the hell out of me before all of this.

Not a single fuck was given that week.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12