User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 43

Thread: SLI-ISTP

  1. #1
    Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    SLI-0 D sx/sp
    Posts
    3,011
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Red face SLI-ISTP

    Hello, SLI-ISTP here, E 9w8 probably.

    Guess I'm the typical Gabenka portrait (http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...STp-by-Beskova).

    And these two descriptions fits me really well too:

    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Enigmatic-ISTp

    http://www.the16types.info/info/types/ISTP.htm (Just the first part -Socionic Perspective-, the Oldham Style is quite extreme lol).


    ...Actually I don't know what else I should say :p
    Last edited by Tommy; 02-09-2017 at 01:01 AM.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    70
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hey there @Slugabed <3 marry me? I'll protect you from all the mean EIEs lurking around

    In all seriousness welcome aboard! Let us know if you have any questions

  3. #3
    Raver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Posts
    4,938
    Mentioned
    220 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

    Default

    Welcome Slug! This forum needs more SLIs, there's not enough of them here atm!
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

    Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

  4. #4
    Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    SLI-0 D sx/sp
    Posts
    3,011
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nehtaro View Post
    Hey there @Slugabed <3 marry me? I'll protect you from all the mean EIEs lurking around
    Lol

    Quote Originally Posted by Nehtaro View Post
    In all seriousness welcome aboard! Let us know if you have any questions
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Tommy; 02-09-2017 at 08:29 PM.

  5. #5
    meme hotline Chae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    TIM
    ethic 3
    Posts
    9,086
    Mentioned
    711 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    SLI, I hear? Welcome love wassup wassup



    (I want to sleep like this as well ;-; )

  6. #6
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    25,176
    Mentioned
    624 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi slug
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  7. #7
    Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    SLI-0 D sx/sp
    Posts
    3,011
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Chae


    I know, the IEE that I know can't sleep as much as I can. lol

    Last edited by Tommy; 02-09-2017 at 08:24 PM.

  8. #8
    Arete GuavaDrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Now in stores near you.
    TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Posts
    1,583
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    [robotic tone] I am a mean EIE lurking around. Fear me, scoundrel.[/beep beep]
    Reason is a whore.

  9. #9
    Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    SLI-0 D sx/sp
    Posts
    3,011
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Tommy; 03-03-2017 at 03:45 AM.

  10. #10
    Arete GuavaDrunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Now in stores near you.
    TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Posts
    1,583
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    *short-circuit that sounds strangely like a purr*
    Reason is a whore.

  11. #11
    meme hotline Chae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    TIM
    ethic 3
    Posts
    9,086
    Mentioned
    711 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slugabed View Post
    @Chae


    I know, the IEE that I know can't sleep as much as I can. lol

    If there is an incentive to stay there and no schedule: we'll stay in bed forEVERRR

    In that gif, I am the girl, the cat --> you, blocking everything

  12. #12
    Retired master of mistype and confusion DeleteMeModsPls's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    TIM
    INTJ
    Posts
    42
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hi, good to see new SLIs joining the forum.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Posts
    4,697
    Mentioned
    509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slugabed View Post
    there are a lot of SLI/LSI on mbti forums, but I'm really tired of them ... I'm too lazy for arguing with LSI-istx all the time. They've a fascination for imposing telling me what to do their opinions (as If I care) and misunderstanding all what I say. Quasi-identical partners make boom...and its fault of mbti. The mbti istp forums burn all the time because of that. I'm a survivor. lol
    Hey!

    Which forum, on PerC?

    I think there are more SLEs than LSIs there in the ISTP section. And in general I noticed people who love their freedom and don't want to affect other people go there mostly because of the "P" and because the ISTP descriptions in MBTI are like that. I hardly see that sort of argument in that forum section on PerC. o_o

  14. #14

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Posts
    4,697
    Mentioned
    509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slugabed View Post
    http://www.the16types.info/info/types/ISTP.htm (Just the first part -Socionic Perspective-, the Oldham Style is quite extreme lol).
    I looked. Idk why that oldham style is assigned to ISTp, that stuff seems a bit more extraverted...

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Posts
    4,697
    Mentioned
    509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slugabed View Post
    No, Reddit.
    PerC istp forum is partially dead, but a bunch of guys and some girls in perc are indeed istp/SLI (and thats the reason why is partially deadlol). I can see immediately the difference between ISTP or xSTxs because they are pretty obvious (for me). But I've arguments with LSI on perc (tested or self identified LSIs).

    The insane guys from reddit I really dont know what type they are (but for sure they are unhealthy). I know 4 (5 with me) SLIs that stopped posting on there because of that, and its sad because they were really nice guys.
    What's your nick on PerC? I wonder if we had arguments there lol

    What are the main diffs for you between SLI and other STs?

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Posts
    4,697
    Mentioned
    509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slugabed View Post
    @Myst

    I've never had an argument with a girl (on forums).

    Talking about STs, ESTP are well, extroverts, and also more joyful, optimistic and cheerful, and of course, we aren't. Istjs are well...Js. In general terms Js are different from Ps because of stress which means need of control and structure (for themselves, others and their environment). On more simple terms, Js care so much while Ps are carless, and it is reflected on the behavior.
    Do you relate to Ti-dom in MBTI?

  17. #17
    Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    SLI-0 D sx/sp
    Posts
    3,011
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Misty Yes. According my functions scores on mbti I'm Ti dom and my least developed function is Fe, and I always score ISTP. On a functions tests of socionics (aimtoknow) I got this:

    Almost equal Si and Ti and lot less Si than the average SLI.

    77.jpg76.jpg

    And apparently I'm more ILI than the average SLI. ILI/INTP also Ti dom on mbti. So IDK. Thats why I prefer taking both systems separately.
    Last edited by Tommy; 02-19-2017 at 10:10 PM.

  18. #18

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Posts
    4,697
    Mentioned
    509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slugabed View Post
    @Misty Yes. According my functions scores on mbti I'm Ti dom and my least developed function is Fe, and I always score ISTP.
    Last question: you relate to the Ti-dom more than to Te-aux? In MBTI.

  19. #19
    Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    SLI-0 D sx/sp
    Posts
    3,011
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Myst

    I just want to add some comparisons between functions on mbti and socionics:

    Si on Socionics is related to immediate environment. The subject on the present outside and inside their bodies.

    Si on Mbti is related to past experiences(memory,feelings,history), values and protection of the familiar. It is highly "traditional".

    Se on Socionics is confrontational and proactive. Criticism, expectations, rules, control, intimidation. Good appearance. Gritty personality. Military mind.

    Se on Mbti focuses on present experiences and sensations from the physical world. Provides relevant data from the outside which can lead to spontaneous action (highly responsive). Curiosity of the world.

    Si on Socionics is much more related to Se Mbti than Si I think.

    Ti on Socionics is ideology. Logical structures, principles, rules and order. Lifestyle organized. Military approach. Rigid and unchanging ideas. Social order.

    Ti on Mbti is about logic, information, clarity, essence, analysis, examination and classification. Exact words to define things. Root out logical inconsistency. With Se it produces analysis of complicated systems and provides solution.

    Te on Socionics practical, direct, formal demeanor. Dry, matter of fact discourse, clarity of communication. Pragmatism. Technical ability, knowledge about a lot of topics. Practical knowledge to provide solutions for functional efficient lifestyles (often take an active role sometimes they delegate).

    Te on Mbti is organization, schedules, efficiency, productivity, objectives. Logical explanations for actions, events and conclusions.

    This information comes from this Sources:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISTP
    http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/SLI-ISTp/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISTJ
    http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/LSI-ISTj/

    But I've seen other functions descriptions on socionics that are different in some aspects from the ones above http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...s-by-Functions

    ...but at the end of the page they say that the source is www.sociotype.com so, who knows?

    Its really confusing to trying to fit this two, it isn't even a compatibility on all the descriptions of functions.

    Just for input.
    Last edited by Tommy; 02-19-2017 at 09:22 PM.

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Posts
    4,697
    Mentioned
    509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slugabed View Post
    Are you attempting to see if I am an istj? Well I think that I dont relate so much to Te aux (on mbti).
    No, I don't think SLI matches ISTJ much in MBTI, I was just curious.


    I must confess that it would be good at certain point to be an istj, at least I would have decent incomes and I could stand the same job for my entire life (not to mention being constant and finishing what I start). I definitely think that the istjs on mbti are better suited for life in general (at least on this slavery society), than the istps. But I highly value my freedom (of thinking and action) over wealth and stability (If I've to choose, I value much more emotional stability than financial security to be honest).
    Yeah you sound like a typical MBTI ISTP.


    Here the rest of my results.
    Where is the one with the type description in a red background from?

    Haha your rant on ISTJs... I didn't get offended, no worries. I had my share of arguing with the MBTI ISTPs tbh I'm past that now, I get it now about why I conflicted with them so much. I can see you understand the types in MBTI well, yeah. What you describe sounds like you have a lot of a gripe with the Te devaluing and especially the Ne PoLR of LSI (that's what most of the stuff you wrote about translates to in Socionics). Where you see the ISTJs as irrational, I tended to see the ISTPs as irrational in my arguments with them. That was before I understood what was going on. Btw the one thing I don't agree with is the idea of not valuing any facts or evidence. I do value them but Ti>Te valuing in Socionics means I do hold the inner view (Socionics Ti or ) in higher respect. The facts have to fit it first. I do want a logical map of reality that fits actual reality, though, so I do keep updating my inner views on it. It's just, with Ne PoLR it takes a while to turn things around when a perspective shift is required to update the views to a higher better level in terms of the overall systematic view. Make sense?


    Now, istjs being Si and istps being Ti doesnt mean that istps dont have any kind of values at all, because obviously, we have. But I think that istjs set values according society...they care so much about what people think and how they can be perceived, their values are the "society values", but the values for an Istp are what reality and experience (Se) provide and what its more logical (Ti) according what they are experiencing and observed. Istps arent judgers but perceivers. We observe outer stuff then we set values, not the inverse, which is what istjs do. Istjs set values based on inner feelings and society, and then go outside and when they see that evidence clashes with their values then judge (set qualifications).
    I didn't entirely follow the last part... set qualifications? If you mean they check the outside world looking through their inner view, then yeah. That works.


    Finally, its important to consider that the descriptions of SLI has nothing to do with the description of Istj on mbti. Also, the description of LSI is drastically different from Istp. The SLIs descriptions of both sexes are really P, while the description of LSI is really J. Actually, I think that the description of LSI is like a crash(mix) between Ti dom and Entj. Its like a moral dictator with a very military mind. I think thats why a lot of Istps (Ti doms mbti), score SLI (because SLI is more P than LSI). And thats why I say that mbti and socionics cant be truly compatibilized.
    Yeah I agree for the most part. As for the LSI descriptions specifically, if by "Entj" you mean MBTI ENTJ, I don't really think it actually fits ENTJ beyond very superficial stereotyping maybe. The descriptions are of course black and white a bit too much.


    If you have any conclusion it would be interesting to hear.
    Mine is, if we only keep the four "letters" (the dichotomies) in MBTI then the J/P translates directly to the j/p (without any "j/p switch") in Socionics for these two types.

    If functions are defined based on the four dichotomies in MBTI then still same.

    If functions are defined by mixing in some pure/original jungian ideas (some fans do this "unofficially") then it's a mess lol.

    So for example in my own case, a few people who do that and have seen my thinking close enough (because I showed them my internal thinking) want to type me ISTP because they see (jungian) Ti and they don't know "standard" MBTI ISTP well. Everyone else types me as ISTJ.


    By the way, are you identifying yourself with Istp on mbti?
    No... I identify with ISTJ much more. Started out as ISTP because of Jung then realized after talking to the real "standard" ISTPs that something was off.


    Quote Originally Posted by Slugabed View Post
    I just want to add some comparisons between functions on mbti and socionics:

    Si on Socionics is related to immediate environment. The subject on the present outside and inside their bodies.

    Si on Mbti is related to past experiences(memory,feelings,history), values and protection of the familiar. It is highly "traditional".

    Se on Socionics is confrontational and proactive. Criticism, expectations, rules, control, intimidation. Good appearance. Gritty personality. Military mind.

    Se on Mbti focuses on present experiences and sensations from the physical world. Provides relevant data from the outside which can lead to spontaneous action (highly responsive). Curiosity of the world.

    Si on Socionics is much more related to Se Mbti than Si I think.
    Well the idea in Socionics is that Se is about external (but immediate, tangible, physical) demands of the external world while Si is about internal physical needs. The criticism stuff I don't think belongs to that unless you mean the thing about how Se types see it ok to impose the demands or views on others as to what's needed in this immediate physical moment instead of paying attention to people's subjective internal (physical) needs.

    To elaborate on that more, Si is the subjective side of Sensing, that is, it's linked to the person's subjective needs in terms of reconciling what's needed in this moment here and now. Se is the objective side here, the way the external environment is in a tangible way is what creates the objective "demand" that then can get treated like this for everyone, not linked to such subjective needs. Make sense?

    All in all, Se is still about external visible, tangible traits of objects in Socionics too, so it's directly related to sensations like in MBTI, but Socionics emphasizes how this has an objective side different from the subjective side of the sensation which MBTI fails to emphasize and so MBTI instead has a really vague and mixed up definition of Si. (Jung was also pretty vague on it... Though Van der Hoop as a jungian student wasn't bad at all with elaborating on Si in his writings.)

    One more note. You say MBTI Se has the focus on sensations. That, if we go by Jung (and Socionics too, yup), is Si, definitely yeah, because Se (even by Jung) doesn't focus on the sensation as if the Se-dom was subject to the sensation. No, the Se-dom takes that proactive approach instead of being subject to it. (Quote from Jung: "Such a type -- the majority are men apparently -- does not, of course, believe himself to be 'subject' to sensation. He would be much more inclined to ridicule this view as altogether inconclusive, since, from his standpoint, sensation is the concrete manifestation of life -- it is simply the fulness [sic] of actual living.")


    Ti on Socionics is ideology. Logical structures, principles, rules and order. Lifestyle organized. Military approach. Rigid and unchanging ideas. Social order.

    Ti on Mbti is about logic, information, clarity, essence, analysis, examination and classification. Exact words to define things. Root out logical inconsistency. With Se it produces analysis of complicated systems and provides solution.
    Ti in Socionics has the same stuff as what you said about MBTI Ti... but yes it adds the structured stuff that in MBTI would only be attributed to TJs. Because Rationality/Irrationality is properly defined in Socionics.

    Though this gets more complex than that ofc lol. Suffice to say, MBTI works ok on the "four-letter level" or with very superficial function descriptions, but on the level of functions it isn't Jung-compatible let alone full compatibility with Socionics. The MBTI functions are kind of mixes of parts that got assigned to information elements in Socionics in a different way based on some systematic principles (the link below will explain some of that). It's just a bit more internally consistent system than MBTI on the level of functions. (Feel free to ask for clarification if you need to, well if you want more of this language at all lol.)


    Te on Socionics practical, direct, formal demeanor. Dry, matter of fact discourse, clarity of communication. Pragmatism. Technical ability, knowledge about a lot of topics. Practical knowledge to provide solutions for functional efficient lifestyles (often take an active role sometimes they delegate).

    Te on Mbti is organization, schedules, efficiency, productivity, objectives. Logical explanations for actions, events and conclusions.
    Yeah pretty much. Also see what I implied above about how facts/evidence are treated by Ti in Socionics, otoh Te will prioritize them over the inner conviction that you see, from your pov, as not aligned enough with evidence. From my pov, it's more like, you need to go by something to see how to treat facts of the outside world and this is aligned with reality well if the system is made refined enough.


    But I've seen other functions descriptions on socionics that are different in some aspects from the ones above http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...s-by-Functions

    ...but at the end of the page they say that the source is www.sociotype.com so, who knows?

    Its really confusing to trying to fit this two, it isn't even a compatibility on all the descriptions of functions.

    Just for input.
    That link is good, it's descriptions from http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...lements-Primer (Augusta's writings)
    Last edited by Myst; 02-15-2017 at 11:01 AM.

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Posts
    4,697
    Mentioned
    509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Slugabed - one more thing I'm curious about, that MBTI ISTP description you posted mentions risk taking. How are you with that personally?

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Posts
    4,697
    Mentioned
    509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slugabed View Post
    Hm…well, I've heard a lot of istps males and stereotypical general descriptions of Se approaching the "risk taker" part as related to physical risk taking/thrill seeking /"maybe I'll break a leg or die but I don't care because yolo". lol and I think that this approach could be a possibility but its very reductionist.

    On my own personal case I enjoy watching and I don't reject even performing physical dangerous stuff (taking the proper basic security measures)…but I honestly need an important motivation and always look first what is logical and obvious before attempting any kind of physical risky stuff. I mean, Its not usual for me to jump from the roof just for fun or for the sake of proving myself that I can do it (because there exist a possibility of being injured and it doesn't worth the risk).

    But…If I need to jump (emergency situation) I'll jump without much hesitation, guess. Thats the physical part that I can relate, but also I think that there is a different approach (one more purely psychological) that often is ignored, and that is the propensity to taking risk on life in general. That means don't caring so much about possible consequences or scenarios that are far from our sight. I think that Se opens the possibility of taking risks in any area of our lives (not only related to physical activities) fearlessly when we see it as necessary or promising, I mean, its like asking "this stuff worth the risk?" If it does, I'll take it without much regard. E.g. Doing a lot of stuff by my own like walking alone at night and else. Also, not caring for dropping a job if I dont feel like doing it anymore, or relating to certain people instead of another just because I've more fun with them even if I cant have a real benefit from them, traveling around the world without taking much consideration about stability and things like that. I think that this go along well with the description of Se on mbti.
    Yeah I read MBTI ISTPs do know in a very refined way as to where their limits are when they look like they are taking risks.

    I actually relate somewhat to that part, and I know this ISTP girl who I talked with once about walking alone at night and do adventure stuff that way lol.

    I don't relate to the really P-ish part about dropping jobs/people/etc just because of more fun elsewhere.


    Besides from that, I want to mention that I can't relate to much to this popular Si view of "taking care or paying attention to physical body", I just relate for the sensorial interest on it (I mean having sensorial experiences). If I'm honest, I'm not so much in tune with my own body or aware of my own health...that means I dont keep schedules for eating, I dont do any proper diet, I can be a lot of hours without eating and ignoring my hungry if I'm too interested in doing something. There was years of my life when I was so thin that I cant even workout anymore (I fainted), but I was ok with my lifestyle. Also I was a heavy smoker. Sometimes I can be on a very uncomfortable tense position for a long time before noticing that I'm tense (I notice it until I change position because I feel a sudden relief). Also frowning or clenching my teeth could be on a subconscious way. Sometimes I cant even know exactly where a pain is coming from, like knowing exactly what tooth is hurting me. I mean, Its not that I really pay a lot of attention to my physical body or even notice it. But I've read that there is a common Si description on socionics. But I only relate to the sensorial part and comfort seeking from it.
    Eh the body sensation has its limits like with the toothache thing.

    Diet etc requires discipline so if your body is out of alignment with sensing what's good for it because you already had it get used to shitty (but delicious) food then it's understandable how Si egos wouldn't be keeping to a proper diet... Socionics profiles do mention this actually, that it can be hard for them to resist all that sensory pleasure even if it's not entirely healthy stuff.

    You relate to the comfort stuff as here? http://www.wikisocion.org/en/index.p...Stratiyevskaya


    Considering my own life I reserve myself from taking Si/Se descriptions on socionics as exact.
    I perceive the Se description on socionics as domineering and controlling (from their surroundings and other ppl), and I really don't know if that this perspective is entirely right (thinking about the people that have Se on their stack on socionics).

    On this point...how do the socionics Se is manifesting in your current life and how you differentiate this on your life from Si?
    Si in my life: I can enjoy some comforts and aesthetics for my own sake, I have a definite taste of my own in aesthetics. However whenever Se external demands come up, I readily tune into them, immediately dropping Si concerns. No preparation needed for that to adjust myself first or whatever. Yes I have been seen as domineering and controlling but I dunno if that was entirely about Se. In part yes, pushing to get to where I want to get with finding it natural that I can push opinions on others like I explained about Se's objectivity earlier.

    Note on the aesthetics that I prefer, it has an Se side too, where it's to reflect objectively great, status related things and/or a more eye catching, harsher tone for the sensations that's not about balancing inner sensations.

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Posts
    4,697
    Mentioned
    509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Slugabed I think you didn't see where I asked what site the test with the type description in a red background was from. So, do you remember what site it was from? And yeah when you got time, I'm curious if you relate to the Stratiyevskaya link with the comfort stuff

  24. #24
    Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    SLI-0 D sx/sp
    Posts
    3,011
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    @Myst

    About socionics, I've read a lot of different functions descriptions, some of them incompatible with each other. Also I've read different descriptions of the types that are incompatible between them. It seems like every author provides his/her own perspective of functions, so it becomes really confusing to fit in one of them. Also, it is maybe because I've high Ti on socionics tests too.
    As long as I notice, the functions of socionics and mbti aren't misplaced, they are mixed.

    ISTP mbti
    Ti, Se, Ni, Fe
    SLI
    Si, Te, Ni, Fe

    ISTJ mbti
    Si Te Fi Ne
    LSI
    Ti Se Fi Ne

    On this point, of course I relate much more to SLI, since the rest of my 4 functions still on the same place from mbti to socionics (Ni,Fe). Also, as long as I know, introverted/extroverted funcitons means internalized or externalized processes, not a change on life philosophies (I dont even think that socionics or mbti could define life philosophies at all. I think that we'd need an entire new test for that).


    Finally, the descriptions of functions on mbti arent always clear enough and the descriptions of types have an obvious lack of psychological depth and real dimension (which leads to tons of ridiculously plain psychological portraits and stereotypes) and on this case I prefer socionics over mbti, but I think that mbti functions are better suited, talking about patterns of psychological development. On other words, I keep up with mbti functions but I like socionics on terms of psychological descriptions and how relationships flow/dynamics (not functions descriptions because to me they seem all different depending on the author). I mean, Socionics tries to describe realistically a human being while mbti just gets a cartoon (a plain character) of a human being. But for this same reason, I think that the structure on mbti works better over socionics (socionics is less consistent on my opinion).
    Last edited by Tommy; 03-12-2017 at 05:23 AM.

  25. #25

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Posts
    4,697
    Mentioned
    509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slugabed View Post
    @Myst
    The red one is from celebrity types.

    Sorry I didn't have the time to answer before. That was too much to read also I hate that this forum always expires your session when you took too much time writing your response, I really hate it, I lost my answer when I clicked send and I had to rewrite it.
    No worries. I save my longer posts to avoid those issues.


    There are points where I fit and points where I cant relate on the link by Stratiyevskaya.

    I can relate to almost completely to Ni, Ne,Fe and Se descriptions. With Si, Te, Fi and Ti I had one points that I relate and others that are completely the opposite. I marked in black the ones that I strongly relate to, and the crossed text is the one that I cannot relate at all. The normal text is ok. I included some of my perspectives too.
    Hmm out of curiosity what do you think of the SLE one? I wondered about SLE for you when you said you don't pay attention like: "Besides from that, I want to mention that I can't relate to much to this popular Si view of "taking care or paying attention to physical body", I just relate for the sensorial interest on it (I mean having sensorial experiences). If I'm honest, I'm not so much in tune with my own body"

    You also really seem to be into Ti.


    No, nothing like that. Not even close. I cant even remember what I was wearing or eating 2 days ago. I cant recall what movies I've seen or what books I've read (and I'm not exaggerating).
    I don't keep deep memories about my past, I don't like remembering, I don't like living on the past. And I really don't have pleasant memories tbh from any time of my life more than fun with friends during highschool. The phrase "out of sight out of mind" define me totally. I really don't keep dearest memories. But sometimes I keep objects that can evoke me to certain time. Thinking about the past keeps me on a constant depressive state, it simply doesn't fit me well at all. I highly prefer living at the present.
    Yeah that part was a bit weird to me too because Si is otherwise defined as living in the present.


    The SLI also knows how to observe that which is experienced by another person. He especially acutely notices unpleasant and uncomfortable experiences. (In films of A. Tarkovsky, some of the unpleasant experiences of characters are filmed up close and in slow motion, so that the viewer would have time to pay attention to this fact, since it has thematic value.)
    The SLI is the only type who fully and unmistakably notices the hidden needs and sensations that not every person will notice or admit to in themselves. Moreover, the SLI can come up to an unfamiliar person and tell them about this. For example, he can by the look in a person's eyes figure out that this person is hungry, and invite them over for a meal. He flawlessly assesses physical dissatisfaction of a person and typically cannot remain indifferent to it.
    Hmm you don't pay attention to discomfort at all?


    Any complex and difficult-to-solve problem the SLI divides into several stages, breaking it into several smaller and feasible tasks: "... Imagine that your problem - is like an enormous mountain, and clearing it is only possible if you move the earth to the side by a handful. One handful at least on each day ... Then, before your eyes, you will see that the problem by itself will be resolved."
    No, I do stuff quickly and I get better things taking them as a whole more than slicing them.
    That's funny, really, it's how Decisive types are defined (as per your comment). Decisive types are the Se/Ni valuers.


    The SLI loves to instruct. He explains everything simply and clearly. Loves to teach, to train (as well as to edify and lecture). The SLI derives pleasure when others turn to him for advice and consultation concerning any matter. He considers it to be his duty to teach even the simplest things. (For example, while serving tea, he immediately starts explaining how he has brewed it.) The SLI loves to explain the sequence of actions or steps of some task he is doing in an easily accessible and understandable way. He loves to work demonstratively, in the presence of on-lookers or an audience. For example, while he is fixing an appliance, the SLI goes on to explain the cause of the its malfunction and how it should be used. (A quality highly valued by his dual, the IEE, in whose hands things break all the time since he doesn't concern himself with reading instructions, and precisely because of this he is grateful to anyone who takes up fixing his things or at least gives him useful instruction.)
    So you say you don't like to explain such Te things hmm...


    I dont help friends, I only enjoy helping partner or family in some cases. And when someone ask me for favors, I think that they are being inconvinient.lol I only offer my help when Im bored or when I see someone having too much problems and I figure out that I could help in some way. Despite that fact, I often do things but its not because I want to make friends but because I'm extremely bored and I get anxious if Im sitting there without doing nothing at all. I need to be doing someting intellectualy or with my hands all the time. I.e. its really hard for me when being on a meeting and having to listen ppl talk whitouth doing nothing else than that. I prefer to wash the dishes or something.
    You sound extraverted.


    The meaning and essence of any occurrence or phenomenon the LSI understands through awareness of its "systematization", as if asking himself the question: this is an isolated fact, or it is attributable to some system? Is this an isolated act, or is this a model of behavior? Is this an isolated occurrence and accidental motives, or is there some system of views and values behind it? (...) People who don't know how to logically present their thoughts, who get distracted by tangential issues from the main topic or subject matter, irritate and annoy representatives of this type. The LSI is annoyed by negligent relation to formulations, confusion and mix-ups in terminology and in definitions, and, the most terrible - confusion and chaos is presentation of thought.
    Well what you bolded is Ti, for sure.


    Concrete logical program must be implemented by concrete methods, and what can be more concrete than the method I'd say actions of direct volitional influence?
    No, it really actually means method. But I don't think you are LSI anyway. SLE I would imagine would say "action" instead of "method", lol.


    It is necessary to give Maxim some credit in that before punishing anyone he typically explains why that person is being punished (it is necessary to edify and raise the consciousness of the member of the society), but if the "misdeed" gets repeated all too often, then Maxim can punish without a warning. Moreover, the suddenness of his punishment is often unexpected and therefore frightening: "Music lessons for me were a real trial. They would start with my father carefully tuning the violin, neatly laying out the note sheets, and, most importantly, hanging his belt on the back of the chair. If I got distracted or played a false note, the belt fell directly on me ... However, after such lessons, my father was especially affectionate, placed candy under my pillow... He loved to say that many great musicians were trained by the same system ..." Lol, I've an istj sibling and an estj dad...they arent like that in the slightest.
    That was a um, extreme description there I'm not like this either with the music lessons example. But it's true that I will explain the first time before (well-deserved) punishment.


    Conclusion: I think that both representations of dominant functions (Si and Ti) on this woman descritptions are mostly representing life philosopies. The representation of Si on this description is mostly an hedonistic and esthetic approach to life. And the description of Ti shows ethical and political philosophy. This arent descriptions about congnitive functions, but about philosophy of living, they arent describing how a person obtain and manage infomation (through senses or through logic) but its an study of self motivation of individuals according a test result. I cant truly relate with anyone at this point. Since I dont share deeply any of these approaches. I live my own life according esthetic (greek philosophy) and existentialism.
    It does describe in some places how the information processing happens, but sure, the rest is just concrete examples and often extreme lol.


    I think that we should find a balance between pleasure and duties. And I'm not talking about duties like work or pay taxes, but duties on a more philosophical perspective…like the due of basic morals and respect for other beings or simply "do what we must do" according reality. On this instance I dont share neither the point of just obeying blindly or obeying rules and pointless suffering just for the sake of keeping a system, also not the view of living on a hedonistic way (its not realistic or sustainable). If a system is ilogical it would destroy itself sooner or later, so there is no point in living according society or system or anarchy on that case. But I belive that exists major laws and patterns that defines existence and they dont dissapear simply because we like to live on our own way.
    I'm not sure I understood you on the part about there being no point in living in society or what...? You might've missed some words there.


    That aside...
    About socionics, I've read a lot of different functions descriptions, some of them incompatible with each other. Also I've read different descriptions of the types that are incompabible between them. It seems like every author provides his/her own perspective of functions, so it becomes really confusing to fit in one of them. Also, it is maybe because I've high Ti on socionics tests too.
    As long as I notice, the functions of socionics and mbti aren't misplaced, they are mixed.
    I did say that parts of definitions are switched around between the systems. Though this isn't the same as just switching function order.


    ISTP mbti
    Ti, Se, Ni, Fe
    SLI
    Si, Te, Ni, Fe

    ISTJ mbti
    Si Te Fi Ne
    LSI
    Ti Se Fi Ne
    Socionics model has all 8 functions. You are listing the conscious ones only (the Mental ring).


    On this point, of course I relate much more to SLI, since the rest of my 4 functions still on the same place from mbti to socionics (Ni,Fe). Also, As long as I know functions being introverts and extroverts means internalized or externalized process, not a change on life philosophies (I dont even think that socionics or mbt could define life philosophies at all. I think that we'd need an entire new test for doing that).
    Ni/Fe are superego functions for SLI. Devalued, not really liked.


    Finally, the descriptions of functions on mbti arent always clear enough and the descriptions of types have an obvious lack of psychological depth and real dimension (which leads to tons of ridiculously plain psichological portraits and stereotypes) and on this case its why I prefer socionics over mbti, but I think that the mbti functions are better suited, talking of it on patterns of phychological development. On other words, I keep with mbti on functions but I keep with socioncs on terms of phychological descriptions and how relationships flow (not functions descriptions). I mean, Socionics tries to describe realistically a human being while mbti just gets a cartoon (a plain character) of a human being. But for this same reason, I think that the structure on mbti works better over socionics (socionics is less consistent on my opinion).
    I agree on how the type descriptions are neater here.

    I disagree that socionics is less consistent than MBTI. Did you read what I said about that in my earlier post?

    I see nothing consistent in MBTI where it claims that J types have Te/Fe and P types have Se/Ne as the strongest preferred extraverted function. This is one of its weakest points. (Another weak point is the model of how the dominant function works with the auxiliary and with the inferior.)
    Last edited by Myst; 02-18-2017 at 11:26 AM.

  26. #26
    Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    SLI-0 D sx/sp
    Posts
    3,011
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    I relate a little bit with the Se and Ti on SLE, but I've know a couple of SLEs on my life...we seem alike but they are different from me. Mostly because they are Extroverts, and I'm not. And I agree with the description of Stratiyevskaya of them: "Either I overcome them – or they overcome me." ("When I was little my father used to hit me, now that I've grown up I hit him.")

    My uncle is an ESTP, his dad (my grandpa) was an abusive father (who used to beat him), when my uncle was like 17 he took a machete or something like that and threatened my grandpa with killing him and got him off the house for life.
    Also he has had a somehow chaotic lifestyle with a lot of comes and goes… its like he cant be in anyplace for too much time. He needs to move on (doesn't matter if he has wife, kids or house). I like his "vibe" (fiery but cool) but I don't think that I'm an SLE. Mostly because I dont care about power (not physical, economical or on hierarchy), I wont take unnecessary risks, I'm not extroverted (I don't enjoy people), I'm not hyperactive (just like doing something when I'm with people because I get bored of just chatting when the talk isnt really exciting), and I would first leave the house or called the police and planned something with my siblings, instead of threaten someone with death threats, guess. The other SLE that I've known are somewhat like that. In some way or another, I cant help but think that they are a little bit crazy/wild. This SLE description is all on power struggles. I rarely enter on that kind of dynamics. I don't see the world or my relationships with others as that, and I find a lil bit disturbing when ppl cant scape that kind of perspective. Not all the ppl are enemies or trying to win over you, I neither like the hierarchy view of any system. I'm SLI but I don't think that this descriptions of Si and Te and Ti are deeply correct.



    Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Hmm you don't pay attention to discomfort at all?
    Of course I pay attention to my own discomfort, but I don't have a second sight on other peoples needs (and that is what this crossed text says). How I supposed to "know" if someone is hungry just by looking in their eyes? If they don't speak I wouldn't know. I need to watch people to notice their state and then ask.



    Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Socionics model has all 8 functions. You are listing the conscious ones only (the Mental ring).
    Yeah, mbti has the 8 too.http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/16Types/ISTP.cfm

    Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Ni/Fe are superego functions for SLI. Devalued, not really liked.
    I'm not saying that I like them, I'm saying that I can relate to the descriptions on this SLI profile functions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    I disagree that socionics is less consistent than MBTI. Did you read what I said about that in my earlier post?
    Yes I read it, but I still thinking according what I've read on the sources, they aren't consistent with each other. My first source of information is information itself not other ppl thoughts or opinions (No offense intended, btw.)



    Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    I see nothing consistent in MBTI where it claims that J types have Te/Fe and P types have Se/Ne as the strongest preferred extroverted function. This is one of its weakest points. (Another weak point is the model of how the dominant function works with the auxiliary and with the inferior.)
    Right now I agree much more with Te/Fe on Js than Ti. I always notice J types wanting to structure or change outside stuff (like other ppls opinions), so I cant agree on J types having Ti dom functions, since Ti is a function of internal structure not external. So according that, Te and Fe would provide this organizative/structured approach of their environment, while P times wouldn't (and for sure we don't). Actually my mom (esfj) fit extremely well with Fe and Si. She is extroverted and she is always moved by her feelings, and she is extremely careful and concerned over other people and her own health (Si), and as expected, she is always trying to manage outside world and her enviroment according Fe (feelings emotional impressions) and Si (her fears, and beliefs). Actually she does that thing of watching you and saying "did you eat?" or stuff like that.

    What I've to say with this all is that I don't "trust" so much on the functions structure of socionics. I relate much more with the one from mbti, one that says that Istps are Ti Se Ni Fe. But I highly relate to (it describes me deeply) the SLI descriptions that I provided at first and the relationships dynamics (dual, supervise, quasi identical etc). I'd say that this two parts are extremely well developed on socionics (and this knowledge can be achieved by observation not necessarily because the functions structure is ok), but the functions structure maybe need more development. My personal opinion of course.

    Maybe there are somewhere different functions descriptions on socionics (different author) that I could relate much more. Anyway, I think that I'm SLI. I don't disagree deeply with a lot of stuff from this particular Si, Te descriptions, but I do with the description of Ti on this one.
    Last edited by Tommy; 02-23-2017 at 07:36 PM.

  27. #27
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    25,176
    Mentioned
    624 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    You need to learn to say no to people as an SLI because there's no need to want to impress others and short change yourself
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  28. #28
    Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    SLI-0 D sx/sp
    Posts
    3,011
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    You need to learn to say no to people as an SLI because there's no need to want to impress others and short change yourself
    I know that some Infjs want to impress people and often change themselves trying to fit in, but I'm not like you and I dont share your motivations, sorry. On the other hand, It would be nice that some people round here could do some real talk instead of just projecting their own insecurities on others. Just saying.

  29. #29
    squark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    TIM
    1sx
    Posts
    2,588
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slugabed View Post
    Maybe there are somewhere different functions descriptions on socionics (different author) that I could relate much more.
    Likely, as interpretations vary.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slugabed
    About socionics, I've read a lot of different functions descriptions, some of them incompatible with each other. Also I've read different descriptions of the types that are incompabible between them. It seems like every author provides his/her own perspective of functions
    One very big problem in socionics material that I've noticed too. And some types have far more conflicting descriptions than others. There also tends to be a ton of extra garbage in the descriptions that doesn't really mean anything and hardly ever applies to real people, as well as things that could apply to other types besides the one being described. In the end you just have to take all the info and sort out for yourself what makes the most sense and applies in the real world. Clearly that's what you've been doing already. I laughed at this as I definitely agree with you here:
    My first source of information is information itself not other ppl thoughts or opinions
    Anyway, I think that I'm SLI. I don't disagree deeply with a lot of stuff from this particular Si, Te descriptions, but I do with the description of Ti on this one.
    The description of Ti you gave for MBTI fits how I personally operate
    Ti on Mbti is about logic, information, clarity, essence, analysis, examination and classification. Exact words to define things. Root out logical inconsistency. With Se it produces analysis of complicated systems and provides solution.
    I think it fits for socionics as well or I wouldn't have typed myself Ti-lead, but that isn't to say that SLIs couldn't also identify with that approach, especially when the descriptions of Si kind of suck.

  30. #30

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Posts
    4,697
    Mentioned
    509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slugabed View Post
    I relate a little bit with the Se and Ti on SLE, but I've know a couple of SLEs on my life...we seem alike but they are different from me. Mostly because they are Extroverts, and I'm not. And I agree with the description of Stratiyevskaya of them: "Either I overcome them – or they overcome me." ("When I was little my father used to hit me, now that I've grown up I hit him.")

    My uncle is an ESTP, his dad (my grandpa) was an abusive father (who used to beat him), when my uncle was like 17 he took a machete or something like that and threatened my grandpa with killing him and got him off the house for life.
    Also he has had a somehow chaotic lifestyle with a lot of comes and goes… its like he cant be in anyplace for too much time. He needs to move on (doesn't matter if he has wife, kids or house). I like his "vibe" (fiery but cool) but I don't think that I'm an SLE. Mostly because I dont care about power (not physical, economical or on hierarchy), I wont take unnecessary risks, I'm not extroverted (I don't enjoy people), I'm not hyperactive (just like doing something when I'm with people because I get bored of just chatting when the talk isnt really exciting), and I would first leave the house or called the police and planned something with my siblings, instead of threaten someone with death threats, guess. The other SLE that I've known are somewhat like that. In some way or another, I cant help but think that they are a little bit crazy/wild. This SLE description is all on power struggles. I rarely enter on that kind of dynamics. I don't see the world or my relationships with others as that, and I find a lil bit disturbing when ppl cant scape that kind of perspective. Not all the ppl are enemies or trying to win over you, I neither like the hierarchy view of any system. I'm SLI but I don't think that this descriptions of Si and Te and Ti are deeply correct.
    OK. I thought you had a chaotic lifestyle too with readily dropping stuff when you no longer feel like doing it. What do you see as the difference then between his and your lifestyle beyond both being chaotic?

    Where I said you sound extraverted you sounded hyperactive based on what you wrote lol but I don't know you IRL of course. You know yourself best, I just wondered about the SLE option because it sounded like you didn't truly relate to Si.


    Of course I pay attention to my own discomfort, but I don't have a second sight on other peoples needs (and that is what this crossed text says). How I suppose to "know" if someone is hungry just by looking in their eyes? If they don't speak I wouldn't know. I need to watch people to notice their state and then ask.
    Lol the eye stuff, the way it's put, it's kinda an exaggerated style. Do you conciously watch people for their states, then?


    Oh yeah, Beebe.


    I'm not saying that I like them, I'm saying that I can relate to the descriptions on this SLI profile functions.
    Gotcha


    Yes I read it, but I still thinking according what I've read on the sources, they aren't consistent with each other. My first source of information is information itself not other ppl thoughts or opinions (No harm intended.)
    MBTI sources are hardly any more consistent with each other either with all those MBTI fans theorizing on various sites mixing in jungian ideas without checking for any kind of real consistency.

    I don't know what you mean by first source of information being information itself. Are you referring to observing things for yourself in real life? (I'm asking since you explicitly pointed out that you don't look at other people's thoughts for information.) I do check the ideas that way too.


    Right now I agree much more with Te/Fe on Js than Ti. I always notice J types wanting to structure or change outside stuff (like other ppls opinions), so I cant agree on J types having Ti dom functions, since Ti is a function of internal structure not external. So according that, Te and Fe would provide this organizative/structured approach of their environment, while P times wouldn't (and for sure we don't). Actually my mom (esfj) fit extremely well with Fe and Si. She is extroverted and she is always moved by her feelings, and she is extremely careful and concerned over other people and her own health (Si), and as expected, she is always trying to manage outside world and her enviroment according Fe (feelings emotional impressions) and Si (her fears, and beliefs). Actually she does that thing of watching you and saying "did you eat?" or
    That sort of reasoning is what I really disagree with in MBTI. In Socionics, Ti is about internal logical structure too while it doesn't try to make the logical jump that Ti ideas can't be imposed on the environment. It's not like these ideas just exist in space never affecting anything in the world. Both Ti and Te will organize things but the Ti type does it with their own subjective focus, that's all the difference really.

    To compare Ti with Te - here's a great description of (jungian and Socionics) Te from someone who types MBTI ISTP and then later they decided they are SLI in Socionics, she just calls this Ti in MBTI, lol:

    (Added some comments too to explain further)

    "Ti doesn't judge in the way you are describing or "want objective proof." in the way you are describing. This is not pure Ti. Pure Ti wants facts, raw material to work with. If you are building a house, it is the frame. It's neutral. It just wants to acquire and collect more and more material for framing." (Note: extraversion of Te: wants to accept in more and more facts without all that much discrimination compared to Ti.)
    Proof and judgement of those facts and data is formulated using other functions. It is another matter. To keep with the house analogy (i.e. In what style do you prefer your house? Ne/Se. What color is this room going to be?) etc
    (...)
    Ok. So I would describe Ti as neutral. Systems are changing. Ti (in terms of myself) I think is free flowing. I don't think about it in terms of making judgements like the end of the statement says - but more so using information. May be the same end result but emphasis is different, initially. Information is no more valuable than another piece unless presented with the problem being solved. Then one piece might be more valuable - at that time. Think of a corner piece of a puzzle vs a center piece. Is one more valuable? No. One is more useful given where you need to put it.
    (Note: Te: lack of care for internal consistency, just using facts as they are. The part on systems changing: creative Te, I think.)
    So the degree of relevancy may mean that. If so, yes. I understand that. Relevant to the issue at hand but I don't think of information outside of an issue at hand as relevant or not. It is not judged for relevance then stored but stores for reference. I hope that makes sense?"
    (Note on Te again: not judged for relevance, just treating all facts as equal.)


    What I've to say with this all is that I don't "trust" so much on the functions structure of socionics. I relate much more with the one from mbti, one that says that Istps are Ti Se Ni Fe. But I highly relate to (it describes me deeply) the SLI descriptions that I provided at first and the relationships dynamics (dual, supervise, quasi identical etc). I'd say that this two parts are extremely well developed (and this knowledge can be achieved by observation not necessarily because the functions structure are ok), but the functions structure maybe need more development. My personal opinion of course.
    If you find IEE is the dual, ok. MBTI ENFP also?


    Maybe there are somewhere different functions descriptions on socionics (different author) that I could relate much more. Anyway, I think that I'm SLI. I don't disagree deeply with a lot of stuff from this particular Si, Te descriptions, but I do with the description of Ti on this one.
    Of Ti being structured?

    Because otherwise in the LSI profile you didn't really have much against it. You only seemed to have a lot against the Se creative stuff.
    Last edited by Myst; 02-18-2017 at 10:23 PM.

  31. #31
    Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    SLI-0 D sx/sp
    Posts
    3,011
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    Likely, as interpretations vary.



    One very big problem in socionics material that I've noticed too. And some types have far more conflicting descriptions than others. There also tends to be a ton of extra garbage in the descriptions that doesn't really mean anything and hardly ever applies to real people, as well as things that could apply to other types besides the one being described. In the end you just have to take all the info and sort out for yourself what makes the most sense and applies in the real world.
    Glad to know that other people think that way about functions descriptions on socionics. There are quite extreme contradictions, and yeah, in some cases the descriptions are exaggerated.


    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    The description of Ti you gave for MBTI fits how I personally operate I think it fits for socionics as well or I wouldn't have typed myself Ti-lead, but that isn't to say that SLIs couldn't also identify with that approach, especially when the descriptions of Si kind of suck.
    Yeah, that's what I've intended to say all this time. Lol
    Which type do you identify yourself on mbti?

  32. #32

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Posts
    4,697
    Mentioned
    509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    The description of Ti you gave for MBTI fits how I personally operate I think it fits for socionics as well or I wouldn't have typed myself Ti-lead, but that isn't to say that SLIs couldn't also identify with that approach, especially when the descriptions of Si kind of suck.
    What do you think sucks about Si descriptions?

  33. #33
    squark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    TIM
    1sx
    Posts
    2,588
    Mentioned
    258 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slugabed View Post
    Which type do you identify yourself on mbti?
    I haven't spent much time looking at MBTI, so I'm not sure where I fit there. On tests I am always introverted, usually sensing, but J/P are often so close it's a coin toss. I don't remember what I ended up with on function oriented tests.

  34. #34

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Posts
    4,697
    Mentioned
    509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by squark View Post
    On tests I am always introverted, usually sensing, but J/P are often so close it's a coin toss.
    Same for me, close on the J/P in tests Still, I definitely see how I'm J>P in preference in real life even though I get quite adaptable when the situation demands it.

  35. #35
    Humanist Beautiful sky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    EII land
    TIM
    EII INFj
    Posts
    25,176
    Mentioned
    624 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slugabed View Post
    I know that some Infjs want to impress people and often change themselves trying to fit in, but I'm not like you and I dont share your motivations, sorry. On the other hand, It would be nice that some people round here could do some real talk instead of just projecting their own insecurities on others. Just saying.
    Sorry that was from a fellow SLI friend who told me that about the nature of SLI and their caregiver tendencies
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 2w1sw(1w9) helps others to live up to their own standards of what a good person is and is very behind the scenes in the process.
    Tritype 1-2-6 stacking sp/sx


    I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

    Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

  36. #36
    Haikus niffer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Posts
    2,815
    Mentioned
    279 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    jesus christ, and they call betas immature

  37. #37
    a two horned unicorn renegade COVID 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    sniffing your butt
    TIM
    ILE-α/H, LEVF
    Posts
    5,409
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Do you habit to get amused around ILEs or IEEs? I have seen plenty of SLI who get automatically very amused around me. I can't quite put finger around it. Well, SEIs do it as well. Sometimes they say "Aww".

    What is the first thing you see in Ne base people? Are we in another dimension or something?

    The problem I face with SLIs is their PoLR ways of delivering stuff with enthusiasm. It's peculiar mix.
    Last edited by COVID 007; 03-10-2017 at 07:02 PM.
    Measuring you right now

    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

  38. #38
    Tommy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    TIM
    SLI-0 D sx/sp
    Posts
    3,011
    Mentioned
    343 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    Do you habit to get amused around ILEs or IEEs? I have seen plenty of SLI who get automatically very amused around me. I can't quite put finger around it. Well, SEIs do it as well. Sometimes they say "Aww".
    Yeah!
    My best friend is an ENTp. There are a lot of things that I like about him, he is witty, and extremely kind and generous. He has supported me on hard times and he has done a lot of things for me.

    Also he's really smart and he's one of the few people to who I can speak my mind and having a meaningful conversation, I can talk to him of almost everything and having a great feedback (something hard for me to find, since I've Ti and Ni on my stack)… Another thing that I like is that he doesn't take offense easily, we were really rough, we mocking each other all the time (we were really awful kids lol) but we were true friends and that was just our way of getting along with each other…he is really daring in some ways and I like it, even that, he doesn't have a big ego and he is not narcissist (a huge flaw on xNTJs and IEEs), he is pretty centered as person and even sacrificial on his relationships (maybe he is SX too).

    He is really funny, I've a lot of histories... one day after school me and friends were drinking at his home, then out of nothing he appeared riding on the tricycle of his little cousin with his big afro hair…it was hilarious, he was all cramped just like a clown, he seemed like Krusty or something.

    He is like the best host and the coolest friend that one can have.


    Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    What is the first thing you see in Ne base people? Are we in another dimension or something?

    I notice IEEs frist (they are somehow flamboyant) and I think that they are from other dimension for sure lol, and I feel a completely different person when I'm with them (excited, energized and amused..not how I normally feel), but I dont feel the same way with ILEs , on this case there is nothing special or particularly "good" at first, but when we start spending time together and talking to each other, we find that we get along GREAT and we seem to amuse each other, I enjoy their daring attitude and witty humor, they are really good listeners and provide good honest inputs…understanding is what I get with ILEs (thats maybe because of my Ti as I said before, so I don't know if the rest of socionics SLIs have this kind of relationships with ILEs or just SLI with high Ti, really).


    Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    The problem I face with SLIs is their PoLR ways of delivering stuff with enthusiasm. It's peculiar mix.
    Well, this friend of mine seem particulariy drawn by my "worst side", I mean, my PoLR...he said that at first he thought that I was weird and he felt somehow restrained because of my lack of expression and because I barely say a word, but after that, he started to feel amused by my moodiness and bluntness and we started spending a lot of time together.
    Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Why don't you take a seat on my ignore list?

  39. #39
    a two horned unicorn renegade COVID 007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    sniffing your butt
    TIM
    ILE-α/H, LEVF
    Posts
    5,409
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slugabed View Post
    Well, this friend of mine seem particulariy drawn by my "worst side", I mean, my PoLR...he said that at first he thought that I was weird and he felt somehow restrained because of my lack of expression and because I barely say a word, but after that, he started to feel amused by my moodiness and bluntness and we started spending a lot of time together.
    Yes, same SLi tend make me back off a little. It gets better over time. BTW your can be quite hassle to deal with. I try to give a very generous with my analysis but it is hard to be empathetic. Good intentions, anyways. I mean you can always help SEIs their own preferred way.
    Measuring you right now

    Winning is for losers

     

    Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

  40. #40

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Posts
    4,697
    Mentioned
    509 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    Do you habit to get amused around ILEs or IEEs? I have seen plenty of SLI who get automatically very amused around me. I can't quite put finger around it. Well, SEIs do it as well. Sometimes they say "Aww".

    What is the first thing you see in Ne base people? Are we in another dimension or something?

    The problem I face with SLIs is their PoLR ways of delivering stuff with enthusiasm. It's peculiar mix.
    What does it look like, the Fe PoLR with enthusiasm?

    As for the other posts... I'm not quoting OP since I promised not to, but I will still comment in general on some things (not to OP, just in general).

    The Ti/Ni stack thing about MBTI doesn't make a whole lot of sense if applied in the Socionics system due to different definitions based on different ideas in the system. I wonder if the Ti/Ni thing that so many MBTI ISTPs do talk about on MBTI forums is the Ne DS of SLI in Socionics or the Ni DS of SLE. Ne DS would definitely have some issue with sharing ideas with others unless the talking partner is Ne ego or the situation itself provides for Ne, is how the theory should go anyway. So maybe this as described here is that, I don't know. I was never clear on what the ISTPs call their Ti-Ni loop other than them getting stuck in some sort of depression thinking of whatever weird ideas and whatif's all day. New sensory impressions is what would get them out of that loop, apparently.

    And, what I also find interesting is, how a lot of MBTI ISTPs (including OP here) talk like this about being rough, mocking each other, blah blah. Doesn't fit very well with the stereotypical "boring" low key Delta quadra view in Socionics. I don't know, is this the Ne version of doing all these shenanigans? I do recall watching an ILE friend of mine in his semi-dual relationship with an SLI (that was pretty much MBTI ISTP, too) doing things like that. From my pov, it seemed pretty silly stuff like kids playing around, intense though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •